If you’re looking for a Payment Solution that saves you time, improves workflow, and delivers a great customer experience, you’ve come to the right place. Intuit GoPayment is a Mobile Payment Gateway that instantly processes all major Credit Cards with its Card Reader, enabling you to take payments on the go. If you’re just starting out in the business world, or if you already have a small to medium-sized business, Intuit GoPayment gives you the power and flexibility to run your business from anywhere.
With GoPayment, you can give your customers flexible and seamless ways for payments and invoices, wherever they happen. You get a full-fledged Merchant Account with built-in mobile processing capabilities after signing in with GoPayment. In addition to that, Intuit GoPayment syncs perfectly with QuickBooks Accounting Software, allowing you to generate Sales Reports and download Invoices. This article will take you through various aspects of QuickBooks GoPayment and will help you figure out if it’s the best option for you.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to QuickBooks
- What is Intuit QuickBooks GoPayment?
- Key Features of Intuit GoPayment
- Intuit GoPayment Pricing
- Intuit Gopayment Card Reader
- Top Intuit GoPayment Alternatives
Introduction to QuickBooks
QuickBooks (QB) is a Finance and Accounting Software that assists businesses with Bookkeeping, Accounting, Payroll, Inventory Management, and other Financial Processes. Designed to automate common financial operations, QuickBooks is a Cloud-based all-in-one software that allows you to access your accounts from anywhere, at any time. You can track Accounts and Payments, and maintain Invoices and other financial tasks such as Payroll and Taxes on the go.
QuickBooks makes it easy to grow your small business in the right direction. You can also scan and upload all your expenses receipts because QuickBooks allows you to access mobile apps directly from your system. You can also create a group of customers according to their status or location or type.
In addition, QuickBooks allows you to create Financial Statements, Charts, Invoices, and Reports with its ready-to-use templates. It comes with an easy-to-use User Interface (UI) that can walk users through all of its features. QuickBooks is trusted and used by hundreds of thousands of small businesses all over the world.
Simplify QuickBooks ETL and Data Integration using Hevo’s No-code Data Pipeline
Hevo Data is a No-code Data Pipeline that offers a fully managed solution to set up data integration from QuickBooks and 100+ Data Sources (including 30+ Free Data Sources) and will let you directly load data to a Data Warehouse or the destination of your choice. It will automate your data flow in minutes without writing any line of code. Its fault-tolerant architecture makes sure that your data is secure and consistent. Hevo provides you with a truly efficient and fully automated solution to manage data in real-time and always have analysis-ready data.Get started with hevo for free
Let’s look at some of the salient features of Hevo:
- Fully Managed: It requires no management and maintenance as Hevo is a fully automated platform.
- Data Transformation: It provides a simple interface to perfect, modify, and enrich the data you want to transfer.
- Real-Time: Hevo offers real-time data migration. So, your data is always ready for analysis.
- Schema Management: Hevo can automatically detect the schema of the incoming data and map it to the destination schema.
- Scalable Infrastructure: Hevo has in-built integrations for 100’s of sources that can help you scale your data infrastructure as required.
- Live Monitoring: Advanced monitoring gives you a one-stop view to watch all the activities that occur within Data Pipelines.
- Live Support: Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
What is Intuit QuickBooks GoPayment?
QuickBooks GoPayment is a free Mobile Payment Application that comes with a Card Reader, allowing you to accept payments anytime, anywhere. With GoPayment, you can get paid quickly and easily on your Mobile or Tablet. The application can also request a Customer Signature for additional security and can Email or print receipts. If you sell many products, you can create a list of items for a better customer experience. Simply put, you can do business with just a device.
Intuit GoPayment offers a high level of transparency, with no hidden fees or tricky contracts, making it easy and user-friendly for merchants. GoPayment offers you a Merchant Account with good stability, and it can also be integrated easily with your pre-existing QuickBooks Account. Hence, businesses already using QuickBooks tend to benefit the most from GoPayment.
The Card Reader processes all major Credit and Debit Cards such as Visa, Mastercard, and American Express, and even popular Mobile Wallets like Google Pay, Apple Pay, and Samsung Pay. Overall, it is a necessary tool to have for the business.
Key Features of Intuit GoPayment
Intuit GoPayment is a basic app with all the features you need for your business. It defines clear processing limits, allows collaboration, and also controls User Permissions for advanced security. It is available on both Android and iOS devices and is free to download. Let’s discuss what it can do for your business.
- GoPayment supports up to 50 user accounts. It supports multiple users on the same account resulting in better collaboration and efficiency.
- It offers great Mobile Payment processing capabilities and its Card Reader allows you to accept payments from customers in a fully secured manner.
- It conveniently allows your customers to add a tip with limited customization. You can also include custom discounts for your customers.
- It seamlessly integrates with your QuickBooks Account, and hence you automatically get access to many of the QuickBooks features. You can send an invoice and download a Sales Report without buying a QuickBooks Online plan. In addition to that, all of your transactions are automatically synced to QuickBooks Online.
- GoPayment allows you to accept ACH and eCheck payments.
- It also collects Sales Tax and offers basic Tax Management functionality.
- GoPayment is very much customizable, and it allows you to create items, add photos, provide descriptions, and set the price. You can also create a list of favorite items.
- It can send invoices and receipts automatically through Emails and Texts. Receipts are customizable and you can detail them as per your requirements.
Intuit GoPayment Pricing
Intuit GoPayment Application is completely free to download, but you’ll need to pay the payment processing fees. Additionally, QuickBooks charges a $0.25 fee per transaction. Intuit GoPayment offers a high level of transparency and has eliminated most of the hidden fees. GoPayment used to offer both “Pay-as-you-go” and “Monthly Fee Plan” options. But for now, the Monthly Plan seems to be scrapped.
You will need a QuickBooks Payments Account to manage and access GoPayment transactions. To do so, you’ll need to subscribe to QuickBooks Online. The GoPayment processing prices with QuickBooks Online are detailed below.
|GoPayment with QuickBooks Online||Pay-as-you-go|
|Swiped/Dipped Transaction||2.4% + $0.25|
|Keyed-in Transaction||3.4% + $0.25|
|Invoice||2.9% + $0.25|
|Standard ACH Payment||$1.5|
From the pricing structure, it is quite evident that the Pay-as-you-go Plan can be expensive if you are processing small tickets. However, if your business processes more than $7,500 in Sales Volume a month, you can directly negotiate up to 40% lower rates with QuickBooks.
Intuit Gopayment Card Reader
You’ll need the GoPayment Card Reader to process Magstripe, Chip, and Contactless Payments. Back in the day, QuickBooks used to offer two Card Reader Models, of which the more basic one will come free when you sign up for their App. But now, the two models have been replaced with just an all-in-one model. Let’s take a look at the specifications of this new model.
- The Card Reader is capable of processing payments from Chip (EMV), Contactless (NFC) Cards, and Digital Wallets.
- It costs $49 to be precise.
- It can directly connect with the GoPayment App via Bluetooth, and hence you don’t need to connect it physically with your device.
- It is compatible with both Android (4.1 or above) and iOS (10.0 or above) versions.
- It comes with a Charging Cable and offers a Battery Life of around 1 week or more.
- It has an interactive and attractive light-up display interface.
However, neither the Card Reader nor the GoPayment App can be connected to any other POS Equipment (such as a Receipt Printer).
Top Intuit GoPayment Alternatives
Now that we have discussed Intuit GoPayment in detail, you must be clear about its capabilities and the wonders it can do for your business. But, if you still think that GoPayment isn’t the best choice for your business, you might want to look at the top alternatives to GoPayment.
Similar to GoPayment, PayPal Here is PayPal’s free Mobile Payment Gateway to accept Magstripe, Chip, and Contactless Payments on the go. The App can be downloaded for free on your Apple or Android Smart Device, and you’ll receive a free basic Card Reader from PayPal. However, the free Card Reader can accept only Magstripe Payments, and it needs to be connected physically with the device via Audio Jack.
Unlike GoPayment, PayPal Here processing fees are better suited for small-ticket payments. PayPal Here charges a 2.7% processing fee for all Magstripe, Chip, and Contactless Payments, with no base fee tacked on. On the contrary, Keyed-in Transactions will cost more (3.5%) and even come with a base fee of $0.15.
Similar to GoPayment and PayPal Here, you can download Square’s suite of POS (Point of Sale) app for free, and you’ll receive a free basic Card Reader upon joining. Similar to PayPal Here, the free Card Reader can accept only Magstripe Payments, and it needs to be connected physically with the device via Audio Jack. However, you can pay to receive an upgraded Card Reader from Square that can process all types of payments (Magstripe, Chip, and Contactless Payments) and can be directly connected to the device via Bluetooth.
Compared to GoPayment, Square offers a better fee structure for small-ticket businesses. It charges you a 2.75% processing fee for all Magstripe, Chip, and Contactless Payments, with no base fee tacked on. Similar to PayPal Here, you need to pay 3.5% of the transaction amount, plus a $0.15 base fee for Keyed-in Transactions.
Despite the pricing that may be expensive for smaller businesses, Intuit GoPayment saves you time, improves workflow, and makes it easy to accept payments. This article introduced you to Intuit GoPayment and took you through various aspects of it.
However, if you’re processing a large amount of Sales Volume, managing all the data in QuickBooks can become a monotonous task. Hence, you can use Hevo’s 14-Days Free Trial which provides you with functionalities for Analysis, Report Preparations, Real-Time Data Transfer, Invoices, and so more.visit our website to explore hevo
Hevo Data with its strong integration with 100+ Sources & BI tools such as QuickBooks, allows you to not only export data from sources & load data in the destinations, but also transform & enrich your data, & make it analysis-ready so that you can focus only on your key business needs and perform insightful analysis using BI tools.
Do you use GoPayment? Share your experience of working with Intuit GoPayment in the comments section below.