Amazon, the dot com bubble darling has grown to a significant online retail dominance today and is making strong progress in the international markets in both revenue and margin metrics. Amazon’s persistent adherence to innovation and technology is likely to keep this giant a stable performing business going forward.
While you are a retailer on E-commerce platforms such as Magento (Adobe Commerce), you might wish your products to acquire greater visibility and an audience that trusts you like no other. Amazon is one-of-a-kind and an excellent option for growing your online business, and you can take advantage of its reach using the Magento Amazon integration functionality.
Magento Amazon integration will allow you to sync product catalogs and manage sales right from your Magento (Adobe Commerce) Dashboard. Have a look at this guide to know more about the perks of selling on Amazon, and how to get started with Magento Amazon integration.
Table of Contents
What is Amazon?
Amazon.com has established itself as a “colossus” of internet-based companies. Originally started out as an online bookstore, Amazon today has become an everything store. The company sells everything from books to groceries to shipping container houses. It has become a one-stop shop to find your go-to products with offerings from a variety of sellers, pleasing customers across continents.
Amazon’s growth seems unmatched and in the future, Amazon plans to increase their cashier-free stores- Amazon Go and invest in AI-powered home robots like Astro. This year Amazon is all set to introduce an all-new lineup of digital devices including smart TVs, and fitness trackers (Halo View).
What is Amazon Seller Central?
Amazon Seller Central is a platform that allows online sellers to manage and sell their items on the Amazon Platform. Sellers may add items, manage inventory, market products, and start support issues from this dashboard.
Amazon Seller Central gives two options for selling products- either doing it yourself or through the Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) model, which allows them to save on managing logistics since Amazon takes the responsibility.
In this guide, we’ll be performing Magento Amazon integration from the Magento (Adobe Commerce) Admin to your Amazon Seller Central account. So, make sure you have an Amazon Seller Central account. If you don’t, you can sign up for it here- Amazon Seller Central Sign Up.
Why is Amazon the Best Selling Platform for you?
Amazon Is the Second Largest Retailer
According to the National Retail Federation (NRF)’ report, Amazon is the second-largest retailer in the world with a whopping $263.16 billion dollar revenue in 2020, after Walmart which had at $543.17 billion.
The platform receives massive traffic every month, and the figures are also worth noting. In June 2021, Amazon.com had over 2.7 billion combined desktop and mobile visits (Source: Statista), and each month more than 197 million people around the world get on their devices and visit Amazon.com (Source: Statista)
To give you a perspective on the traffic received by Amazon.com, Russia, the entire country has a population of 144 million people, and Amazon is serving 1.4 times as many people on a monthly basis.
Shoppers’ First Place to Search
From the Raymond James study, 52% of the user interviews said that Amazon is the first place where they are looking for their products. Another study from Bloomreach pointed that approximately 9 in 10 consumers will check Amazon even if they find a product they want on another retailer’s site.
So, it becomes a no-brainer that if you want to reach more potential customers, you definitely need to host your shop on Amazon.
Consumer Trust Like No Other
A recent survey conducted by The Verge in collaboration with a consulting firm Reticle Research revealed that out of a sample size of 1520, almost 75% of people had a positive opinion on the kind of impact Amazon has on society. Not only do consumers trust Amazon with sensitive personal details about what they purchase and data about their interests, but they also trust the brand almost as much as they trust their bank, the survey unveiled.
Amazon’s Third-party Marketplace Sells More Stuff than Amazon Itself
Jeff Besos’ April 18, 2018 letter to shareholders revealed:
In 2017, for the first time in our history, more than half of the units sold on Amazon worldwide were from our third-party sellers, including small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs). Over 300,000 U.S.-based SMBs started selling on Amazon in 2017, and Fulfillment by Amazon shipped billions of items for SMBs worldwide…
Clearly, sellers and consumers both love the Amazon platform, and the reason we’re seeing an upward trend is that merchants can store their goods right in Amazon warehouses through Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA), saving them costs on picking, packaging, and shipping orders. Amazon knows how to serve its customers and sellers, which is why this company is on the rise.
Hevo offers a faster way to move data from databases or SaaS applications like Magento (Adobe Commerce) and 100+ other Sources into your Data Warehouses like Redshift, Google BigQuery, Snowflake and Firebolt to be visualized in a BI tool. Hevo is fully automated and hence does not require you to code.
Get Started with Hevo for Free
Check out some of the cool features of Hevo:
Sign up here for a 14-Day Free Trial!
- Completely Automated: The Hevo Platform can be set up in just a few minutes and requires minimal maintenance.
- Real-time Data Transfer: Hevo provides real-time data migration, so you can have analysis-ready data always.
- 100% Complete & Accurate Data Transfer: Hevo’s robust infrastructure ensures reliable data transfer with zero data loss.
- Scalable Infrastructure: Hevo has in-built integrations for 100+ sources that can help you scale your data infrastructure as required.
- Tremendous Connector Availability: Hevo houses a diverse set of Connectors that authorize you to bring data in from multiple data sources such as Magento (Adobe Commerce), Elasticsearch, Shopify, Amplitude, Jira, and Oracle, and even Data-Warehouses such as Redshift and Snowflake in an integrated and analysis-ready format.
- 24/7 Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to you through chat, email, and support calls.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow so you can check where your data is at a particular point in time.
What is Magento (Adobe Commerce)?
Magento (Adobe Commerce) comes as a bigwig among other popular E-commerce Hosting Solutions because of its flexible and stand-alone Shopping Cart System that allows you to have full access to the code as well as control over the look, content, and functionality of the website.
Magento’s (Adobe Commerce) PHP framework allows programmers to create both static and dynamic websites, allowing for extensive customization. Varien Inc. first introduced the software in March 2018, however, a big rebuild occurred in 2015 after Magento was bought by Adobe. At present Magento (Adobe Commerce), comes as a Cloud-based Solution that gets included in Adobe Commerce Cloud’s bundled offering.
Magento (Adobe Commerce) 2.0, the upgrade, houses a surplus of features including SEO readiness, Multi-store support, Marketing tools, Deep analytics, Catalogue management, a robust shopping cart with support for multiple shipping addresses, and more. Combined with Adobe Experience Cloud, Magento (Adobe Commerce) 2 will bring Digital Commerce, Order Management, and Business Intelligence to enable both B2B and B2C shopping experiences across the customer journey.
According to Builtwith trends, Magento (Adobe Commerce) is the third most popular E-commerce Platform. It hosts 10,618 live websites at the time of writing among the top 1 million sites of E-commerce.
Key Features and Benefits of Magento (Adobe Commerce)
- Multichannel Commerce: Whether you’re a B2B ready to go direct to consumer (D2C) or a B2C managing several brands in 10 different languages, Adobe Commerce powered by Magento (Adobe Commerce) allows you to manage various Sales Channels and Brands while expanding into new nations from a single platform.
- Scalability with Improved Performance: With a modular core and headless features, Magento (Adobe Commerce) is entirely scalable and extendable. Magento (Adobe Commerce) 2.0 is a layered design with four performance-optimized tiers, and it includes a variety of enhancements to minimize page weight and improve response times as your store website grows.
- Security and Reliability: The Magento (Adobe Commerce) Platform is extremely safe, with long-established processes and controls that comply with industry-accepted standards, regulations, and certifications. Some of the built-in security measures include enhanced password management and improved prevention of cross-site scripting (XSS) attacks. Magento 2 now includes a Security Scan Tool for identifying security issues, updating malware updates, and detecting illegal access.
- Community Support: If there is one area where the Open Source E-commerce Platform has a clear edge, it is unquestionably the Community Support. Magento (Adobe Commerce) provides a large worldwide community of E-commerce developers, contributors, and innovators to connect with, learn from, and collaborate with. Users can also enroll in Adobe Community Insider Programme to gain access to Magento (Adobe Commerce) Commerce Source Code, a Cloud Sandbox Account, and early software updates, fixes, and tools.
- Myriad Payment Method Support: Magento (Adobe Commerce) is compatible with a wide range of payment gateways and comes pre-installed with many of them. It works with popular payment gateways such as PayPal, Stripe, CartaSi, Sage Pay WorldPay, 2Checkout, and EBizCharge with a superior check-out experience that doubles as a positive for both online merchants and customers.
Magento Amazon Integration Using In-App Marketplace Apps
Managing Magento Amazon integration becomes easy and seamless with Magento (Adobe Commerce) Marketplace App Integrations. Using such functionalities, your Magento Store’s offerings can be extended to Amazon E-commerce and they happen by connecting your Magento (Adobe Commerce) Admin to your Amazon Seller Central account.
Magento (Adobe Commerce) Marketplace includes a wide range of native and third-party integrations that allow Amazon Sales Channel integration. In this post, we’ll be discussing one native offering from Magento (Adobe Commerce) and one other App from CedCommerce, an Adobe Bronze Solution Partner with the purpose of co-selling and providing improved user experiences to assist you in seamlessly connecting your Amazon to Adobe Magento 2.
Amazon Sales Channel by Magento (Adobe Commerce)
Amazon Sales Channel is a native app integration from Magento (Adobe Commerce), which comes as a free functionality add-on. Amazon Sales Channels leverages the ease and familiarity of the Magento (Adobe Commerce) platform and can be used to manage your Amazon sales directly within your Magento admin and keep your product listings consistent through the management of your Magento catalog.
Using this Magento Amazon Integration app, sellers can extend their Magento (Adobe Commerce) store and sell products across multiple Amazon Marketplace regions like Amazon UK or Amazon Canada. It comes with features like intelligent pricing, listing management, and order management that make every task of performing an action a breeze.
Note: Amazon Sales Channel only supports Magento (Adobe Commerce) version 2.3 and 2.4.
Key Features of Amazon Sales Channel, Magento Amazon Integration
- Includes a super powerful tool called listing engine that easily syncs products from your Magento (Adobe Commerce) Store to Amazon platform and maximizes your product exposure to different Amazon geo-domains like Amazon UK, Amazon US, Amazon Canada, etc.
- Offers advanced pricing rules to automatically match or beat your competitors and increase chances of winning the coveted Buy Box while protecting your margins.
- Provides you with the ability to use Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA), which can be used to fulfill your purchaser’s orders.
- From the Magento (Adobe Commerce) Order Grid, you can see and manage Amazon orders, create customer profiles, and control delivery.
- Import Amazon product characteristics, images, and product information for your existing catalog goods to improve your Magento (Adobe Commerce) catalog.
- Set overrides on essential attributes such as pricing, handling time, product condition, and more for specific items and/or product groups.
- Supports several currencies using the currency conversion tool.
- View and take actions on suggested listing enhancements.
Amazon Sales Channel integration is a free offering by Magento (Adobe Commerce). However, to be able to integrate the Amazon service, an Amazon Seller Central account is required (which currently sells at $39.99 per month). If you don’t yet have an account, you will need to sign up here.
Other charges and fees are optional and will be applied as needed.
Link to Magento Amazon Integration
Amazon Sales Channel
Additional Information and Guides
Amazon Sales Channel User Guide
Configuring Magento Amazon Integration in Magento (Adobe Commerce) Admin Panel
The following are the steps you can use to set up the Amazon Sales Channel integration. This app extension enables you to integrate your Magento (Adobe Commerce) catalog with your Amazon Seller Account to sell through the Amazon Marketplace all while doing everything from Magento (Adobe Commerce) Dashboard.
Requirements for Amazon Sales Channel Integration
- Magento (Adobe Commerce) Instance: Amazon Sales Channel only supports Magento (Adobe Commerce) Open Source (CE) Adobe Commerce (EE), and Adobe Commerce on Cloud Infrastructure (ECE) versions 2.3.x or versions 2.4.x. The support for Magento (Adobe Commerce) 2.1, Magento (Adobe Commerce) 2.2, or Magento (Adobe Commerce) 1 (earlier versions) has been ceased.
- Magento (Adobe Commerce) Web Account: Sellers need to possess a Magento (Adobe Commerce) Web Account, which will be used to create and track API keys.
- Amazon Sales Channel API Key: To connect the Amazon Sales Channel service to your Magento (Adobe Commerce) Admin, the Amazon Sales Channel API Key will be required.
Amazon Sales Channel integration comes with a .zip file along with a composer.json which can be used to authenticate with Amazon services. To enable so, follow the steps below:
Step 1: Export the extensions’ downloaded content to your Magento (Adobe Commerce) root.
Step 2: Make sure that the repo.magento.com repository exists in your composer.json file:
Step 3: Get the extension’s Composer name and version.
Step 4: Update the composer.json file in your Magento project directory with the name and version of the extension.
composer require magento/services-connector:~1.0.3
Step 5: Enter your Magento (Adobe Commerce) authentication keys (Find them at Marketplace > My Products > Access Keys). Your public key is your username; your private key is your password.
Wait for Composer to finish updating your project dependencies and make sure there aren’t any errors.
Step 6: After installing, enter your Amazon API key to complete the configuration.
Amazon Sales Channel Configuration Options
Having installed the Amazon Sales Channel Magento Amazon Integration, you do have the option to configure and modify extension settings to begin onboarding and selling on Amazon. To do so, follow the steps below:
Step 1: Log into the Admin. Head to Stores > Settings > Configuration.
Step 2: Click on Sales Channels, then Global Settings.
Step 3: Define the period for cleaning the gathered logs in Clear Log History. There are three options: once daily, once weekly, and once monthly (default). Other options can be explored as well.
Advanced users are advised to use Source Background Tasks (CRON). CRON jobs utilizing the Magento (Adobe Commerce) CRON manage all background duties. This option may be changed by advanced users to Command Line (CLI) CRON.
Step 4: Click the Save Config button.
Magento Amazon Integration Alternative: Amazon Integration by CedCommerce
Besides providing a unified interface for merchants to synchronize inventory, pricing, and other product details, what distinguishes this Magento Amazon integration is the automation features that can automate the process of retrieving Amazon orders from the Amazon Marketplace to your Magento (Adobe Commerce). Following installation, the merchant may add Amazon categories and dependent properties to their Magento (Adobe Commerce) 2 store. Using the bulk management system, the admin can perform product-related tasks such as product upload and product view.
Key Features of Magento Amazon Integration by CedCommerce:
- Cron: Cron jobs automate the process to fetch Amazon orders from the Amazon Marketplace to Magento (Adobe Commerce).
- Debug Mode: Provides an easy debug process for a hassle-free product upload to the Amazon Marketplace.
- Product Category Mapping: Admin can map many categories of Magento (Adobe Commerce) 2 stores to a single category of Amazon.
- Simple & Configurable Product Upload: It enables the admin to upload both simple & configurable types of products on Amazon.com.
- Auto Acknowledgement of Order: Admin receives an acknowledgment of orders automatically as soon as orders are created.
- Automated Synchronization: Auto synchronization of the product listing, order, inventory, return, and refund, and pricing at regular intervals is established between Magento (Adobe Commerce) 2 store and Amazon.com.
- Product Data Validation: Admin can validate the product information in accordance with Amazon standards and values.
- Notifications: Merchants can receive notifications for new orders, low stock, or rejected products along with errors due to which they are rejected.
Amazon Integration for Magento (Adobe Commerce) 2 from CedCommerce costs $799 on Magento (Adobe Commerce) 2.4 Open Source (CE) edition as opposed to free integration of the Amazon Sales Channel. Pricing varies and is determined on your Magento Edition and Support Period. Other charges and fees are optional and will be applied as needed.
Link to Magento Amazon Integration
Additional Information and Guides
Amazon Integration User Guide
Since most businesses today have turned digital, having a wider reach from a renowned platform like Amazon does positive for growing businesses, and with the capability of Magento Amazon integration, retailers can easily expand their business operations and build a loyal customer base.
As a Magento (Adobe Commerce) user, while the basic add-ins and integrations are useful, connecting many services to a single source of truth becomes too expensive for many. Hevo Data is a technology that was created expressly to handle the issue of heterogeneous data source connection, allowing Small and Medium Businesses to operate smoothly with their everyday applications.
Hevo Data with its strong integration with 100+ Sources & BI tools such as Magento (Adobe Commerce) allows you to not only export data from sources & load data in the destinations, but also transform & enrich your data, & make it analysis-ready so that you can focus only on your key business needs and perform insightful analysis using BI tools.
Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Hevo lets you migrate your data from your Magento (Adobe Commerce) Admin to any Data Warehouse of your choice like Amazon Redshift, Snowflake, Google BigQuery, or Firebolt within minutes with just a few clicks.
Would you like to try the Hevo? Sign Up here for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand.
Share your ideas about learning Magento Amazon integration in the comments area below. We’d like to hear your thoughts and ideas.