Does your organization use Magento and Mailchimp for your website creation and email-marketing campaign? Do you want to sync the data between these two platforms? If yes, then this blog will help you with a step by step approach to sync Magento and Mailchimp data with ease.
Here’s the outline that you’ll be covering in this blog:
Introduction to Magento
Magento is an eCommerce content management system that provides an online platform for businesses to sell their products or services. Magento is the most popular open-source software with around 240000+ customer base and 30% market share. Magento eCommerce platform provides the tools to create attractive prospects to attract more customers, which allows more selling of products.
Magento is an open-source platform and is available under OSL (Open Software License), and allows you to modify and update the functionality as per need. Magento software is mostly used by small businesses to power their online stores. Developers can easily customize the code by using extensions.
Key Features of Magento
Magento is a powerful eCommerce platform and has very intuitive features. Some of them are listed below:
- It has a very simple design with various customization options.
- Magento provides a flexible development platform that allows you to develop simple products or complex functionalities. You can customize your website with themes and design.
- Magento allows you to manage your products, services, contents and offerings easily. You can add, modify, delete, and manage your platform without knowing any coding.
- Magento has a vast library of customizable themes that you can use to customize to build beautiful websites.
- Magento has an excellent and optimized search engine to use. Magento allows you to combine your design with the SEO service offered for optimal search engine results.
Introduction to Mailchimp
Mailchimp is a marketing software that gives you the ability to create and manage your customer mailing list, marketing campaigns, product/organization newsletters, etc. Mailchimp is a web-based framework that allows you to manage and control the end to end email marketing efforts with their excellent email marketing tools. Mailchimp has a central dashboard to manage the online marketing campaigns, and it also assists in crafting emails and campaigns with the help of its out-of-the-box marketing tools.
Email Marketing is a critical way to communicate about the campaigns to the customers and to reach out to a broader customer base. Companies can grow their revenue to a great extent by targeting a correct and broad audience with the help of email marketing. Digital Marketing, when done right, has enormous potential to make or break the business in this competitive world.
Key Features of Mailchimp
Some major key features of Mailchimp are listed below:
- Mailchimp has a user-friendly user interface that you can use to design and customize your campaign.
- Mailchimp has pre-built templates that you can use to get started.
- Mailchimp has an excellent feature that allows you to automate your email campaigns.
- You can tag your customer based on geographical location that might help you to run your promotional offers for a particular city, state, or geographic location.
- Mailchimp also provides data analytics to visualize how your campaigns are performing. With this information, you can further customize your marketing campaign to maximize reach.
Hevo is a No-code Data Pipeline. It supports pre-built integration from Mailchimp and other free data sources. It will automate your entire integration process in minutes. It is a fully-manged platform that enriches and transforms your data and make it ready for analysis without writing any code. It offers a reliable, consistent and secure solution to you.
Get Started with Hevo for Free
Let’s look at some of the unbeatable features of Hevo:
- Completely Automated: Hevo platform can be set up in minutes and requires minimal maintenance.
- Real-Time Data Transfer: Hevo provides real-time data migration, so you can have analysis-ready data always.
- Data Transformation: It provides a simple interface to perfect, modify, and enrich the data you want to transfer.
- Fault-Tolerant: Hevo is capable of detecting anomalies in the incoming data and informs you instantly. All the affected rows are kept aside for correction so that it doesn’t hamper your workflow.
- Live Support: Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to you through chat, email, and support call.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management and automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow, so you can check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Give Hevo a try by signing up for a 14-day free trial today.
Sign up here for a 14-Day Free Trial!
Steps to Integrate Magento and Mailchimp
Now, you have a basic understanding of Magento and Mailchimp, let’s see how you can integrate Magento and Mailchimp. Follow these step by step approach to get started.
Step 1: Access and Download Mailchimp for Magento
Mailchimp extension is available at Magento’s Marketplace. Follow the below steps to download the extension:
- Go to the Magento Marketplace, select Open Source Edition and select the Magento Version.
- Click on Add to Cart, and go to the Cart from the upper-right corner.
- Click on Checkout and provide your Magento account credentials to log in.
- Click on Place Order, and then click Download.
- You will be redirected to My Download, click Download to start downloading the extension on your machine.
Step 2: Install Mailchimp for Magento
Now that you have successfully downloaded the extension, you need to install it, i.e. you need to upload the content of the downloaded zip file to the Magento’s root directory.
Follow the comparison of folder names from the below table. It will help you to migrate the data precisely.
|Folder Name||Corresponding Magento Dir|
Once you migrate/upload the data successfully, flush the Magento cache. To flush the Magento cache, follow below steps:
- Go to the Admin Panel, click on System menu and select Cache Management.
- Click Flush Magento Cache.
Now that you have successfully migrated the data from the local system to Magento’s root directory, the next step is to connect Mailchimp to Magento. Follow the next section to see how you can connect Magento and Mailchimp.
Step 3: Connect Magento and Mailchimp
Follow below steps to configure and connect Mailchimp:
- Go to the Magento Admin portal, select System from the menu and choose Configuration.
- Select Mailchimp Configuration from the left navigation pane.
- Click on Get API Credentials to generate API keys.
- Provide the Mailchimp login credentials and click Log in.
- After a successful login, the API key generates. Copy the API key to the text editor for later use.
- Paste the above-copied API key in the field and click Save Config.
- Click on the General Subscription drop-down and select the Mailchimp list to sync with Magento.
- On the next dialog box, edit or create the Merge field to send Magento specific information to Mailchimp.
- In the Ecommerce section, choose Yes option from the drop-down to enable Mailchimp’s eCommerce features.
- Select No on the “Subscribe all customers to the newsletter”.
- In the Abandoned Cart section, click Yes to enable the feature, and on the First Date section, choose the date that you want to begin targeting abandoned carts and then click on Save Config.
Voila! You have successfully connected Magento and Mailchimp. Magento customers will be added to your audience, and e-commerce data will be added to Mailchimp’s subscriber profiles.
You might need to contact a Magento developer to set up a cron job, to automate the products, customers data sync with Mailchimp at every specified interval.
In this blog, you went through a step-by-step guide for connecting Magento and Mailchimp. In the next step, you can build segments with the collected data and perform automation, track purchases and many more. But, if you are looking for an automated solution to integrate Magento and Mailchimp, then try Hevo.
Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Hevo Data is a No-code data Pipeline. It supports Mailchimp along with other free data sources. Hevo allows Magneto and Mailchimp integration in just two simple steps. Hevo will completely automate your data migration process and allows you to concentrate on analysis.
Give Hevo a try and Sign Up up for a 14-day free trial today.
Share your experience of integrating Magento and Mailchimp data in the comment section below.