Magento NetSuite Integration: 3 Easy Methods
When running a Magento(Adobe Commerce) E-Commerce platform, you will want to gain insights into your products, operations, and customers. An ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system can help you to achieve this. It will help you to gain insights from the data generated by your products, operations, and customers for decision-making. NetSuite is a good example of an ERP system that you can use for this. Integration between Magento(Adobe Commerce) and NetSuite can help you to take your eCommerce business to the next level.
Table of Contents
In this article, you will be introduced to Magento(Adobe Commerce) and NetSuite. You will understand the need for Magento NetSuite Integration. Moreover, you explore the 3 key approaches to set up Magento NetSuite Integration. So, read along to gain more insights about this Integration.
Table of Contents
- Overview of Magento(Adobe Commerce) and NetSuite
- Understanding the Need for Magento NetSuite Integration
- Methods to Set Up Magento NetSuite Integrations
To set up Magento NetSuite Integration, you need to meet the following requirements:
- A Magento(Adobe Commerce) Account.
Overview of Magento (Adobe Commerce) and NetSuite
Magento(Adobe Commerce) is one of the most popular e-commerce platforms that we have today. It comes with advanced features, and that’s why it’s preferred by many online sellers. Magento (Adobe Commerce) scales quickly and offers features such as rapid content publishing and out-of-the-box support for B2B functions. The Magento(Adobe Commerce) Marketplace also offers thousands of E-Commerce extensions that you can use to customize the look and feel of your eCommerce platform. To explore key features of Magento(Adobe Commerce), visit here.
NetSuite is the renowned Cloud-based business management software vendor in the world. It is a single, fully integrated system that helps businesses manage fundamental business activities such as ERP/financials, CRM, E-Commerce, inventory, and more. NetSuite’s software is now used by 21,000+ businesses and organizations in 200+ countries and territories. NetSuite Customer Relationship Management (CRM) combines sophisticated capabilities such as Salesforce automation, Marketing automation, and Customer service.
To explore NetSuite, visit the HomePage here.
Understanding the Need for Magento NetSuite Integration
There is a stereotype that system Integration projects are prone to cost overruns, delays, and other mistakes. However, that is not the case for a Magento NetSuite Integration as the Integration can run smoothly. The following are some of the benefits that you can reap from this integration:
- Better View of Customers: The integration will give Magento(Adobe Commerce) access to the data about customers stored in NetSuite. For example, customer purchasing history, order status, and more. This means that you will have access to all interactions between customers and your brand in one place.
- Better View of Business Operations: A Magento NetSuite Integration will give NetSuite access to the data of your online transactions. This will give you a better view of your overall business performance.
- Accurate Product Information: After the integration, your online Magento(Adobe Commerce) store will only display the available products alongside their prices. This way, customers will not order products that are out of stock. At the same time, no customer will be charged the wrong price for a product.
- Less Manual Processes: The Integration will help you to automate workflows such as fulfillment and restocking of inventory. It will eliminate the need to enter data manually for the purpose of synchronizing the systems.
Simplify Data Analysis with Hevo’s No-code Data Pipeline
Hevo Data, a No-code Data Pipeline, helps load data from any data source such as Databases, SaaS applications, Cloud Storage, SDK,s, and Streaming Services and simplifies the ETL process. It supports Magento (Adobe Commerce) and other 100+ Data Sources including 40+ Free Sources. It is a 3-step process by just selecting the data source, providing valid credentials, and choosing the destination. Hevo loads the data onto the desired Data Warehouse/destination and enriches the data and transforms it into an analysis-ready form without having to write a single line of code.
Its completely automated pipeline offers data to be delivered in real-time without any loss from source to destination. Its fault-tolerant and scalable architecture ensure that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss and supports different forms of data. The solutions provided are consistent and work with different BI tools as well.GET STARTED WITH HEVO FOR FREE
Check out why Hevo is the Best:
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled securely and consistently with zero data loss.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Minimal Learning: Hevo, with its simple and interactive UI, is extremely simple for new customers to work on and perform operations.
- Hevo Is Built To Scale: As the number of sources and the volume of your data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Incremental Data Load: Hevo allows the transfer of data that has been modified in real-time. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow and check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Simplify your Data Analysis with Hevo today!SIGN UP HERE FOR A 14-DAY FREE TRIAL!
Methods to Set Up Magento NetSuite Integrations
There are three options for Magento NetSuite integration. Let’s discuss them:
- Method 1: Point-to-Point Integration
- Method 2: Custom Magento NetSuite Integration
- Method 3: Saas-Based Integration Platform
Method 1: Point-to-Point Integration
There are a number of vendors who offer point-to-point Integration between Magento(Adobe Commerce) and NetSuite. With this type of solution, the two platforms are brought together to synchronize data like orders, inventory counts, customers, and items.
It doesn’t use a platform in between the two systems, but the data is sent as it is between Magento(Adobe Commerce) and NetSuite. The data will be synced in batches, which can be done every hour, or once or twice a day.
When you visit Magento’s Marketplace then you search for NetSuite, you will see some of the connectors that can help you to meet this kind of Integration.
Point-to-point Integration is fit and affordable for small businesses with no plans for significant growth.
However, this solution comes with a number of disadvantages to growing retailers. It doesn’t provide flexibility when adding management systems like sales channels as the business evolves. With this kind of Magento NetSuite Integration, growth means completely rebuilding your operations as the Integration only allows for a 1:1 relationship for every system.
Method 2: Custom Magento NetSuite Integration
Some sellers prefer to create their own custom integration. They use the APIs available for Magento(Adobe Commerce) and NetSuite to create custom code that will tie the systems together. The custom integration projects are normally undertaken either in-house or by a third-party vendor such as an ERP consultant or eCommerce agency.
Magento NetSuite Integration that uses custom code requires serious knowledge of both platforms to know how they send and accept data.
Custom integration is necessary when a business wants proprietary or custom changes to Magento(Adobe Commerce) or NetSuite to help with tasks such as complex order fulfillment logic or stock-keeping unit (SKU) management.
However, it may be a costly and difficult approach for businesses without a strong technical base. Thus, some businesses may find another approach more cost-effective and easier in the long run.
Method 3: Saas-Based Integration Platform
The third approach to Magento NetSuite Integration is the use of a SaaS-based Integration platform. A Cloud-based integration platform is used to facilitate data movement between the two platforms.
The platform will rely on connectors for Magento(Adobe Commerce) and NetSuite, and for any platform that you would like to integrate later. Pre-built Integration facilitates faster implementations. However, you can customize these connectors to meet your business needs, which is not the case with point-to-point integration. Merchants can also come up with rules that define how data flows between systems, and give them the ability to exercise control over their data.
For example, they can come up with rules defining how to fulfill a single order via different fulfillment locations for every line item in the order depending on the cost and location of the warehouse. These processes will happen automatically during order processing.
SaaS-based Magento NetSuite Integration solutions are more expensive than point-to-point solutions because they offer more advanced functionality. However, they are less expensive than custom integration solutions. The sellers may be required to pay a monthly subscription fee and an implementation fee to cover the cost of configuring the connector to suit your needs. The monthly subscription fee will also cover maintenance of the connectors and integration over time.
Those are the three different approaches to Magento NetSuite Integration. But which is the best approach? Every business is different and has unique needs. The best solution for your business will depend on the complexity of operations, budget, and plans for growth.
In this article, you understood the importance of Magento NetSuite Integration. You also learned the different approaches to set up Magento NetSuite Integration.
However, extracting complex data from a diverse set of data sources like CRMs, Project management Tools, Streaming Services, Marketing Platforms can be quite challenging. This is where a simpler alternative like Hevo can save your day!
Hevo Data is a No-Code Data Pipeline that offers a faster way to move data from Magento(Adobe Commerce) and other 100+ Data Sources including 40+ Free Sources, into your Data Warehouse to be visualized in a BI tool. Hevo is fully automated and hence does not require you to code.VISIT OUR WEBSITE TO EXPLORE HEVO
Want to take Hevo for a spin?
SIGN UP and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand. You can also have a look at the unbeatable pricing that will help you choose the right plan for your business needs.
Share your experience with Magento NetSuite Integration in the comments section below!