E-Commerce is quickly becoming the norm for the shopping business due to fast checkout and home delivery benefits. Today, most internet users prefer buying products online instead of purchasing them in brick-and-mortar stores. However, one particular area of concern is security. How secure are online payments? Customers will likely take this factor into account before visiting your online store. Hence, as a Merchant, it is your sole responsibility to ensure you utilize safe payment methods for the benefit of your clients. This is where Magento PayPal Integration comes into play.
Magento PayPal Integration helps build a sense of trust between you and your customer base. That being said, PayPal is one of the oldest and most trusted forms of Online Payment today. After gaining popularity with eBay, almost every online merchant accepts payment through the website today.
This article will introduce you to Magento and PayPal and their key features. It will provide you with the basics of Magento PayPal Integration and the benefits of the process. Furthermore, it will also provide you with a comprehensive guide that would be helpful while manually setting up Magento PayPal Integration.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Magento
- Introduction to PayPal
- Steps to Set Up Magento Paypal Integration
Listed below are the prerequisites of setting up Magento PayPal Integration:
- A PayPal Merchant account.
- A Magento account.
Introduction to Magento
Magento is one of the oldest E-Commerce platforms today, having been around since the initial launch way back in 2008. It accounts for a 3% Market Share in the eCommerce niche today. So what exactly is it? In simple terms, it is a tool designed using Open Source Technology to help Merchants with the look and functionality of their online stores. One of the best features of this software is that it contains a bundle of valuable functionalities all packaged into one powerful software.
Released in 2015, Magento 2 was designed to solve the flaws inherent to Magento 1. These included security risks that left the site vulnerable to hackers, especially when users failed to install security patches.
Key Features of Magento 2
With Magento 2, clients get access to a variety of helpful features such as the ones listed below:
- User-Friendly Interface: This is perhaps one of the most significant upgrades from Magento 1. The new User Interface (UI) is as intuitive as it is sleek. The navigation tools are simpler to use and access. One might argue that it is an entirely new system.
- New Security Measures: This might sound a bit inconvenient, but it is a necessary security measure implemented by Magento’s developers. Only one user can be logged in per admin account, and when a new user tries to log in, others are logged out. We will let you decide whether this is a good or bad security measure.
- Intuitive Back End Features: The back end section has a touch-friendly navigation panel, which means users can easily access it on their tablets.
- Streamlined Common Admin Tasks: When it comes to improving speed and efficiency, then this is the best feature. You can automate commonly performed tasks in the admin user panel, a technique that will ultimately save you a lot of time.
For more information on Magento, click here.
Introduction to PayPal
PayPal is regarded as one of the largest and most efficient Payment Processors in the world. Today, the platform has over 320 million users in over 200 countries. This diversity is perhaps one of its most significant advantages, given it can be used anywhere. This is where it outmatches competitors such as Zelle that are only found in the United States.
Key Features of PayPal
Listed below are some of PayPal’s key features:
- Cost: The platform is entirely free when making payments. What’s more, there are no annual membership fees.
- Mobile Use: PayPal has a mobile-optimized app, meaning you don’t need web access when using the tool. Furthermore, the application is entirely secure and will require your unique pin before any transaction.
- Varied Payment Options: With PayPal, you have the option of adding multiple bank accounts and cards for your shopping convenience.
- Security: Arguably, this is the reason why most users prefer PayPal for Online Payments. Once you add your financial details on the platform, you will never have to reveal such data again, guaranteeing safety when shopping online.
For more information on PayPal, click here.
Simplify Web Analysis using Hevo’s No-code Data Pipeline
Hevo Data, a No-code Data Pipeline helps to Load Data from any data source such as Databases, SaaS applications, Cloud Storage, SDKs, and Streaming Services and simplifies the ETL process. It supports 100+ data sources and is a 3-step process by just selecting the data source, providing valid credentials, and choosing the destination. Hevo loads the data onto the desired Data Warehouse, enriches the data, and transforms it into an analysis-ready form without writing a single line of code.
Its completely automated pipeline offers data to be delivered in real-time without any loss from source to destination. Its fault-tolerant and scalable architecture ensure that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss and supports different forms of data. The solutions provided are consistent and work with different Business Intelligence (BI) tools as well.Get Started with Hevo for free
Check out why Hevo is the Best:
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Minimal Learning: Hevo, with its simple and interactive UI, is extremely simple for new customers to work on and perform operations.
- Hevo Is Built To Scale: As the number of sources and the volume of your data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Incremental Data Load: Hevo allows the transfer of data that has been modified in real-time. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow and check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Steps to Set Up Magento PayPal Integration
Now that you have a basic understanding of Magneta and PayPal. The biggest question that arises is, what is the need for Magento PayPal Integration? It all boils down to your client’s convenience. It enables a faster checkout, thereby saving time and improving efficiency. This way, you get to boost sales and stay ahead of your competitors.
Magento PayPal Integration is a relatively straightforward procedure and will not take a significant portion of your time. Here is how you go about Magento PayPal integration:
Step 1: Log in to your Magento Account
Log into your Magento admin account as shown in the image below. In case you do not have a Magento admin account, you can click here to create a new account.
Step 2: Set PayPal as the Payment Method
Follow the steps below to set PayPal as the payment method for Magento PayPal Integration:
- Find “Stores”, and click on “Configuration” as shown in the image below.
- Under the “Sales” menu, select “Payment Methods” as shown in the image below.
- Click on “Configure” and follow the prompts to set PayPal as your payment method as shown in the image below.
- Afterward, you need to configure your PayPal according to your store’s intricate features, such as location.
That’s it. You have successfully set up Magento PayPal Integration.
This article introduced you to Magento PayPal Integration. It also provided you with a simplified step-by-step guide to set up Magento PayPal Integration. By following the steps outlined in the guide, you can successfully integrate Magento with PayPal.
This is an excellent advantage for your customers and is most likely to boost sales for your Magento store. What’s more, PayPal is trusted by millions of customers worldwide. Hence Magento PayPal Integration is expected to attract a broader customer audience.
With the complexity involved in Manual Integration, businesses are leaning towards Automated Integration. It is hassle-free, easy to operate, and does not require any technical background. In such a case Hevo Data is the right choice for you!Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand.
Share your experience of setting up Magento PayPal Integration in the comments section below!