More and more businesses are shifting to E-Commerce platforms to offer their product and services to more customers. Companies follow different approaches to handle an E-Commerce website in comparison to traditional business practices, and adding competition to it makes it more complex. Many platforms offer E-Commerce services to help users create their E-Commerce website or online store in no time, though it’s tricky to choose the right platform. Some of the best E-Commerce platforms are Magento (Adobe Commerce), WooCommerce, BigCommerce, etc. Magento (Adobe Commerce) is an open-source E-Commerce platform that uses multiple PHP frameworks to provide an all-in-one solution for businesses to set up an E-Commerce website or online store.
To stay ahead of the competition, companies should choose the best tools and services that can help them simplify the workflow increase productivity. Salesforce is a Cloud-based CRM (Customer Relation Management) service provider that helps companies organize their business workflows in one place. Integrating 2 or more platforms such as Magento Salesforce can help companies effectively run their E-Commerce business. Besides selling products and managing shipments an E-Commerce business includes managing Marketing Campaigns, analyzing winning products, keeping track of orders and profit, reaching out to customers, and much more.
It becomes a tedious task to handle all the workflow by one or a team. Magento Salesforce Integration allows companies to sync their orders details, customer data, products, and invoices. Salesforce can integrate with other Marketing platforms, Business Analytics, and Finance tools that can help deliver better user experience and productivity. In this article, you will learn the steps involved in Magento Salesforce Integration. You will also read about the benefits of integrating both platforms.
Table of Contents
- An active Magento (Adobe Commerce) store.
- An active Salesforce account.
Introduction to Magento (Adobe Commerce)
Magento (Adobe Commerce) is an E-Commerce platform build in PHP. It allows developers to set up an E-Commerce site. Magento (Adobe Commerce) is an open-source platform, and one can find its code to make flexible changes in their E-Commerce site. With the help of an easy drag and drop feature, one can easily customize their website. Magento (Adobe Commerce) is available in 2 versions i.e. Magento (Adobe Commerce) Open-Source and Magento (Adobe Commerce) Commerce. Both include basic functionalities that an E-Commerce website should have. Magento (Adobe Commerce) Open-Source is free, but the Magento Commerce version is paid and comes with additional advanced features to provide greater flexibility.
Key Features of Magento (Adobe Commerce)
Magento (Adobe Commerce) comes in the list of widely used E-Commerce platforms. It offers functionalities for B2B and B2C businesses, and many companies like Samsung, Nike, HP, etc., use Magento because it provides many features. Some of the features of Magento are listed below:
- Multi-Platform Integrations: Magento (Adobe Commerce) offers integration with 3rd party apps and add-ons with your E-Commerce website for better workflow and user experience.
- SEO optimized: Magento (Adobe Commerce) takes of your reach to customers and visibility on search engines. It is designed to render SEO (Search Engine Optimization) optimized content on your site, which will help you rank higher on search engines.
- Customizable Themes: Magento (Adobe Commerce) provides a theme store that allows users to design attractive websites. The themes are customizable that adds flexibility to the user’s hand.
To learn more about Magento (Adobe Commerce), click here.
Introduction to Salesforce
Salesforce is a SaaS (Software as a Service) based CRM software provider. It allows businesses to connect with customers, partners, and other business associations. Every business’s heart is its customers, and Salesforce makes it easier for enterprises to interact with customers and get new ones. Salesforce helps companies track customers, provide insights from data, handle customer support and complaints. The goal of Salesforce is to maintain a close relationship between customer and company. With the help of Salesforce, one can keep track of contacts, generate reports, manage E-Commerce businesses and also, be involved in social engagement.
Key Features of Salesforce
Salesforce strengthens the relationship between customers and companies. It offers a unified platform where enterprise can orchestrate all their integrations and manage customers. It is the number one CRM software when it comes to providing companies a high productivity environment. A few key features of Salesforce are listed below:
- Einstein Analytics: Salesforce offers intelligent Business Analytics solutions with its Einstein Analytics. Users can generate insights from data, make sales predictions, and much more. It allows companies to create shareable reports and interactive dashboards.
- CRM Automation: Salesforce automates many business processes such as assigning tasks and creating E-Mail alerts with its intelligent system. It comes with a process builder that offers one-click recommendations. It provides suggestions for the next step in a business deal.
- Lead Nurturing: It helps companies generate more sales with its intelligent lead nurturing process. It focuses more on engaging customers and making conversions.
To learn more about Salesforce, click here.
Hevo Data, a No-code Data Pipeline helps to load data from any data source such as Salesforce, Databases, SaaS applications, Cloud Storage, SDK,s, and Streaming Services and simplifies the ETL process. It supports 100+ data sources including Salesforce and 30+ data sources for free and is a 3-step process by just selecting the data source, providing valid credentials, and choosing the destination. Hevo not only loads the data onto the desired Data Warehouse/destination but also enriches the data and transforms it into an analysis-ready form without having to write a single line of code.
Get Started with Hevo for Free
Its completely automated pipeline offers data to be delivered in real-time without any loss from source to destination. Its fault-tolerant and scalable architecture ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss and supports different forms of data. The solutions provided are consistent and work with different BI tools as well.
Check out why Hevo is the Best:
Sign up here for a 14-Day Free Trial!
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Minimal Learning: Hevo, with its simple and interactive UI, is extremely simple for new customers to work on and perform operations.
- Hevo Is Built To Scale: As the number of sources and the volume of your data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Incremental Data Load: Hevo allows the transfer of data that has been modified in real-time. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, E-Mail, and support calls.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow and check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Steps to Set Up Magento Salesforce Integration
Now that you have understood Magento (Adobe Commerce) and Salesforce. In this section, you will learn the steps to set up Magento Salesforce Integration. The process will use the paid Magento Salesforce extension from “Magenest”. The integration will follow 3 steps as listed below:
Step 1: Installing the Salesforce Extension in Magento (Adobe Commerce)
- First, log in to your Magento (Adobe Commerce) account here.
- Now you need to buy and download the Magenest Magento Salesforce extension here.
- Go to your root folder where you have installed Magento (Adobe Commerce) on your site.
- In the remote website navigate to the “app > code”, and here create a folder with the name “Magenest“.
- Then, go to your local website and click on the extension then press right and select upload. It will upload the Magento Salesforce extension to the remote site.
- Go back to your root directory and run the following commands on Magento (Adobe Commerce) 2, shown below.
php bin/magento setup:upgrade
php bin/magento setup:di:compile
php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
- Now, flush the cache once with the following command show below.
php bin/magento cache:flush
- Now, check your Admin panel in the Magento (Adobe Commerce) store, and you can see the Magento Salesforce extension installed there.
Step 2: Creating New Connected App in Salesforce
- Log in to your Salesforce account here.
- Navigate to “Setup > Apps > App Manager“, and click on New Connected App on the top right corner, shown in the image below.
- Now enter the required details according to your requirements.
- Then, check the “Enable OAuth” option and fill the Callback URL field with the link “https://your_domain_site/salesforce/oauth/callback” and here fill your domain website in place of “your_domain_site”.
- Now from the Available OAuth Scopes, select “Full Access” and “Perform requests on your behalf at any time (refresh_token, offline_access)” options by selecting each of the options and then clicking the right arrow button, shown in the image below.
- Check the “Require Secret for Web Server Flow“ located below the OAuth section and under the “Include ID Token” section check Include Standard Claims“, “Include Custom Attributes“, “Include Custom Permissions“, shown in the image below.
- Now, click the “Save” button to save all the configurations.
- You will see the final details where you can find “Consumer Key” and “Consumer Secret” that you will use further in the process.
Step 3: Setting Up Magento Salesforce Integration
- Open your Magento (Adobe Commerce) Admin Panel and from the sidebar, go to “Salesforce Integration > Configuration“.
- Here fill in all the required details from your Salesforce account and the new app that you created as shown in the image below.
- Then click on the “Save Config” button.
- Now the verification page will open up, go through it and click the “Allow” button, shown in the image below.
- The box above the form will turn green with the text “Connected“, shown in the image below.
That’s it! You have successfully integrated Magento Salesforce.
Benefits of Magento Salesforce Integration
Magento Salesforce Integration adds many functionalities to user’s hands and automates many workflows. The Integration also allows companies to analyze E-Commerce data with more advanced tools. Magento Salesforce offers many other benefits. A few of them are listed below:
- Integrating Magento Salesforce enables companies to synchronize customer details, orders, products, categories, and other details in real-time.
- The customer’s details from Magento (Adobe Commerce) can be used by Salesforce for E-Mail Marketing and gathering more information via sending surveys.
- E-Commerce data is of great use. Companies can run Analytics on E-Commerce data from Magento (Adobe Commerce) to Salesforce.
- Magento Salesforce Integration offers efficient customer support for any queries or complaints regarding products. The requests can be easily transferred to Salesforce and managed there.
In this article, you learned the steps to set up Magento Salesforce Integration. You also read how Magento Salesforce Integration helps companies manage their CRM activities and sync E-Commerce data to a centralized place. Overall this integration eases the workflow by automatically synchronizing orders and customer details in real-time. There are other extensions available that will help you integrate Magento Salesforce, but those are also paid.
Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Companies need E-Commerce data to analyze it and generate insights from it. The manual process of extracting data from Salesforce or Magento (Adobe Commerce) is a tedious process. Hevo Data is a No-code Data Pipeline that can help you transfer data from Salesforce for free to desired Data Warehouse. It fully automates the process to load and transform data from 100+ sources to a destination of your choice without writing a single line of code.
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up here for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand.
Share your experience of learning about Magento Salesforce Integration in the comments section below!