Your best chance of reaching and keeping as many potential customers as possible is by keeping your emails out of the spam folders. Consequently, increasing your revenue and sales will be easier than ever.
With application-based companies, transaction email open rates are often three times higher than other similar methods. Have trouble configuring SendGrid SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) in Magento? Learn how to set that up if you’re running a business and want to achieve this goal effectively.
This article will guide you through the process of setting up Magento SendGrid Integration using 6 simple steps. It will provide you with a brief overview of Magento and SendGrid with their key features. You will also explore the key benefits of setting up Magento SendGrid Integration in further sections. Let’s get started.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Magento 2
- Introduction to SendGrid
- Steps to Set Up Magento SendGrid Integration
- Key Benefits of Setting Up Magento SendGrid Integration
You will have a much easier time setting up your Magento SendGrid Integration if you have gone through the following prerequisites.
- An active Magento account.
- An active SendGrid account.
- Working knowledge of E-commerce Websites
- Working knowledge of Email Marketing Applications.
Introduction to Magento 2
Magento is an open-source E-commerce platform that was designed by Roy Rubin and Yoav Kutner under Varien Inc. Magento is a leading platform for E-commerce in the world and is highly useful for online businesses.
Under its robust and scalable architecture, Magento 2 is the most popular Content Management System (CMS) for creating online stores worldwide. Magento provides rich, out-of-the-box functionality that lets you modify your store to your liking, integrate third-party solutions seamlessly, and create unique customer experiences.
Key Features of Magento 2
Magento 2 makes it simple for retailers to build up an enterprise-level Ecommerce site. Some of the key features of Magento 2 include:
- User-Friendly Interface: This is possibly one of the most significant Magento 1 updates. The new user interface is both simple and elegant. The navigation tools are more user-friendly and easy to access.
- SEO Optimized: Magento 2 increases your consumer reach and search engine presence. It’s built to help you rank higher in search engines by providing SEO (Search Engine Optimization) optimized content on your website.
- Customizable Themes: It has a theme store with a variety of themes for every business and category. These themes make it easier to create an E-commerce site.
- Streamlined Common Admin Tasks: Magento 2 is known for its speed and efficiency. In the admin user panel, you may automate frequently performed actions, which can save you a lot of time in the long run.
To know more about Magento 2, visit this link.
Introduction to SendGrid
Sendgrid is an email service that uses the cloud to reliably deliver email to businesses worldwide without creating their email infrastructure. With SendGrid, technical details are handled from infrastructure scaling, ISP (Internet Service Provider) outreach, reputation monitoring, real-time analytics and whitelist services. SendGrid helps you build and maintain customer relationships by sending the right message to the right people at the right time.
Key Features of SendGrid
SendGrid is one of the widely used email Marketing platforms. Some of the key features of SendGrid include:
- E-Mail Deliverability: SendGrid ensures that Marketing emails are delivered to your customers’ inboxes, not spam folders. Moreover, with SendGrid Analytics, you may learn about the various factors that may cause the emails to be marked as spam.
- Automation: SendGrid has one pre-built autoresponder, but you may also construct your own automated email series. You can also create automations utilising a Contact List or Triggers like signing up for your email Newsletter or making a Transaction.
- SendGrid Email Editor: SendGrid provides its own Email Editor, which allows users to use pre-built Email Templates or create new Templates from scratch, either using drag-and-drop functionality or by coding.
- Seamless Collaboration: From troubleshooting and integration to engagement tracking and design, SendGrid enables you to create an Email program that supports cross-team collaboration.
To know more about SendGrid, visit this link.
Simplify Data Analysis Using Hevo’s No-code Data Pipeline
Hevo Data helps you directly transfer data from SendGrid and 100+ other data sources (including 40+ free sources) to Business Intelligence tools, Data Warehouses, or a destination of your choice in a completely hassle-free & automated manner. Hevo is fully managed and completely automates the process of not only loading data from your desired source but also enriching the data and transforming it into an analysis-ready form without having to write a single line of code. Its fault-tolerant architecture ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
Hevo takes care of all your data preprocessing needs required to set up the integration and lets you focus on key business activities and draw a much powerful insight on how to generate more leads, retain customers, and take your business to new heights of profitability. It provides a consistent & reliable solution to manage data in real-time and always have analysis-ready data in your desired destination.Get Started with Hevo for Free
Check out what makes Hevo amazing:
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Minimal Learning: Hevo, with its simple and interactive UI, is extremely simple for new customers to work on and perform operations.
- Hevo Is Built To Scale: As the number of sources and the volume of your data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Incremental Data Load: Hevo allows the transfer of data that has been modified in real-time. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, E-Mail, and support calls.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow and check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Steps to Set Up Magento SendGrid Integration
Now that you have a basic grasp of both technologies let’s try to understand the procedure to set up Magento SendGrid Integration. Below are the steps you can follow to set up Magento SendGrid Integration:
- Step 1: Download Magento SMTP Extension and Create an Account
- Step 2: Set Up a New Database
- Step 3: Upload Magento to your Web Hosting Account
- Step 4: Install and Launch Magento
- Step 5: Magento SendGrid Integration using Aitoc Extension
- Step 6: Add your API Key and Webhook URL
Step 1: Download Magento SMTP Extension and Create an Account
The first step in setting up Magento SendGrid Integration is to download and install the Magento SMTP extension. Installing Magento manually requires the installation package.
A community edition is what you should be looking for. An open-source platform like this is ideal for Developers and small- and medium-sized businesses. The below image depicts the Magento Community Edition.
- Select Full Release from the next screen and select ZIP from the files available under that category.
- Click the Download button to download the latest release without the sample data as shown below. You can also install the sample package to see how Magento looks. However, you will have to modify your settings further to remove the fake products.
It is to be noted that, for the download to begin, you will need to create an account. The account is free, and before you download the Magento ZIP file, you will need to validate your email address.
Step 2: Set Up a New Database
After you have successfully downloaded the Magento SMTP Extension, you need to set up a new Database. You can follow the below-mentioned procedures to set up a new Database for the Magento SendGrid Integration.
- Login to your cPanel account.
- Click on the MySQL Database Wizard tool as shown below. This will set up Magento Databases quickly and easily.
- Choose a new database name and click Next Step as shown below.
- Click Create User, then enter a user name and password for this database as shown below. You will use these credentials to access them. You should keep them safe.
- Next, select the checkbox for All Privileges and click Next Step as shown below.
The database is now ready to be populated by Magento.
Step 3: Upload Magento to your Web Hosting Account
The process of uploading Magento to your web hosting account can be done in several ways. Here, you will learn how to upload and unpack a ZIP file using cPanel’s File Manager. Transferring files through FTP (File Transfer Protocol) programs is usually much slower than using this method.
FileZilla is one of the programs that many people prefer because of its flexibility. The choice is yours. No matter which method you use, it’s fine as long as everything in the ZIP file is uploaded to your root directory. Now, you can follow the below-mentioned steps to upload Magento to your web hosting account.
- Go to cPanel and click File Manager as shown below.
- Navigate to your website’s root directory as shown below. Typically, this folder is found in the public_html tab of the File Manager. Make sure you’re in the directory where you intend to install Magento.
- From the File Manager’s top toolbar, click Upload.
- Select the ZIP file you downloaded earlier using the Select File button. Your file will automatically begin to upload. Click the Go Back link at the bottom of the page after the file has been uploaded completely.
- Extraction should be performed in the current directory. The ZIP file can be opened by right-clicking the file from a PC or CMD-clicking from a Mac. Once unzipped, all the files will show up in the directory you choose.
Note: Make sure the ZIP file of Magento is deleted from the folder. It isn’t needed anymore and will just take up space in the folder.
Step 4: Install and Launch Magento
In this step, you will have to install and launch the Magento. Using your browser, type in the domain to access your website once the files have been uploaded. An application for installing Magento will then appear. After clicking the Agree and Setup Magento button, the installation process will start as shown below.
- The first step in the installation process is to check for readiness. If you don’t know what PHP version you’re currently running or your host, you may need to consider this. Once ready, click Next.
- As soon as Magento verifies that PHP is installed on your site, click Next.
- Then, choose Next and enter your Database information.
- Click the Next button after modifying your web configuration. You’ll need to edit your admin address. Changing your site’s admin address will keep it safe from bots and hackers. Since Magento can customize who can access the backend, you can change your admin address.
- Click the Next button to customize your store’s essential elements. It is here that you can change your default language, time zone, and currency. In most cases, the only setting you will need to change is your time zone. It is important to remember that all of these can be modified later from the Magento administration panel.
- Click the Next button to create an Admin account. Do not use standard terms such as “administrator” or “admin.” Choosing a unique admin username makes gaining access to your site more difficult for bots and hackers.
- Install Magento by clicking the Install Now button as shown below.
Upon completion, you will be able to access the Magento Admin section. There you have it! The installation of Magento has been completed manually, which means that you’re ready to use it.
Step 5: Magento SendGrid Integration using Aitoc Extension
After you have successfully installed and launched Magento, you will be setting up the Magento SendGrid Integration using Aitoc extensions. Nevertheless, there are other extensions available for you to choose from. You can follow the below-mentioned procedures to set up Magento SendGrid Integration.
- To use the extension, you need to be logged into the Admin Panel and then go to Stores > Configuration > Aitoc Extensions > Sendgrid Integration.
- Aitoc SendGrid Extension must be enabled by choosing Yes as shown below.
Step 6: Add your API Key and Webhook URL
Now, your SendGrid account must be linked to a Magento account before you can use it. The SendGrid API (Application Programming Interface) Key should be added to your Magento account. The following steps will guide you through adding an API key to Magento for setting up the Magento SendGrid Integration.
- In your SendGrid account, click on Settings > API Key, then click Create API Key as shown below.
This is where you can add an API Key Name and set an API Key’s level of access. Then, select a preset or customize your access to meet your specific requirements. API keys come in 3 forms:
- Full Access: Access to all parts of your account, except billing and Email Address Validation, through the GET, PATCH, PUT, DELETE and POST APIs.
- Restricted Access: Customizes access levels to every part of your account, except billing and email address validation.
- Billing Access: The API key provides access to billing endpoints associated with the account.
To ensure that the module is functional, it is recommended that you choose Full Access.
- Create a new API Key by clicking the Create & View button as shown below.
- Your new API Key can be found here. Once you have copied this key, you should visit the Magento admin panel as shown below.
- In the API key field, paste your new API key. From now on, your store will authenticate with SendGrid using this API Key.
Once you have successfully added the API key, you can add your Webhook URL by following these steps to set up the Magento SendGrid Integration.
- Go to Settings, then Mail Settings and Event Notifications under your SendGrid account as shown below.
- Choose ON on the switch selector to activate the configuration.
- To access your Magento Admin Panel, copy the HTTP POST URL as shown below.
- In the Webhook URL field, paste your HTTP POST URL.
Now your SendGrid account is connected to your website. Additionally, the SendGrid Unsubscribe List Event Notifications and Magento Unsubscribe List Event Notifications are synchronized. With this, you have successfully set up your Magento SendGrid Integration. It’s as simple as that.
Key Benefits of Setting Up Magento SendGrid Integration
Some of the key benefits of setting up Magento SendGrid Integration include:
- With Magento SendGrid Integration, you can be sure that your essential transactional and marketing emails, such as receipts, notifications, and password confirmations, are delivered to the inbox of your customers.
- With Magento SendGrid Integration, you can send marketing and transactional emails easily. You can begin sending emails immediately after setting up your SendGrid account credentials.
- Magento SendGrid Integration help you drive repeat purchases, reward loyalty, and re-engage inactive customers. You will also see an increase in conversion, sales, and engagement.
These are some of the key benefits of setting up Magento SendGrid Integration.
In this article, you learned how to set up Magento SendGrid Integration. It also gave an overview of Magento and SendGrid with their key features. You also learned about the key benefits of setting up Magento SendGrid Integration. You are now in the position to create your Magento SendGrid Integration.Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Businesses can use automated platforms like Hevo Data to set the integration and handle the ETL process. It helps you directly transfer data from SendGrid, Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence tools, or any other desired destination in a fully automated and secure manner without having to write any code and will provide you with a hassle-free experience.
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand. You can also have a look at the unbeatable pricing that will help you choose the right plan for your business needs.
Share your experience of setting up Magento SendGrid Integration in the comments section below!