Are you looking to work with Marketing Cloud reports? If your answer is yes, we have you covered. Analyzing and measuring marketing performance is a very essential part of success in any industry or organization. At the same time, marketing reporting is a complex and tricky process as it could have different perspectives as per the product and industry.
Table of Contents
- Understanding the Marketing Cloud Reports Levels
- Steps to Set Up Marketing Cloud Reports
Understanding the Marketing Cloud Reports Levels
Marketing Cloud has the given three levels:
This reporting level can answer basic marketing performance questions such as clicks, subscriptions, views, impressions, bounces and unsubscribes. This reporting can be done in the UI of the Marketing Cloud itself, we don’t need to export data to external tools.
This reporting can be done from in-house tables also called data views. There are multiple ways to create an activity report in a Marketing Cloud. However, the easiest way is to get the performance of one-off sends. In the email studio -> tracking section we can see the performance of each email sent.
Below are the few popular Marketing Cloud Email Activity Reports:
- Performance by each type of device
- Best performing send day to date
- Audience / Customer engagement over time
Impact on Customer Action
Once we have an activity report, based on this report we can actually understand the impact of those activities on the customer’s action. As the number of data sources increases the complexity of reporting increases. This mainly depends on the type of industry, reporting strategy and data architecture.
The popular example of marketing influence on customers is customer conversion rate by campaign. This report helps us to answer the question such as how many visitors successfully converted as a customer after engaging in our marketing campaign.
Few other example of influence on customer action:
- Call received by campaign
- Appointments influenced by campaign
Return on Investment for Marketing
The ultimate motto of any marketing campaign is to increase the revenue. So this reporting level plays a very important role in analyzing the marketing campaign or strategy return on investment.
Below diagram illustrates – pictorial representation of required data and team for measuring the financial outcome of marketing campaign.
Simplify Your Data Analysis with Hevo’s No-code Data Pipelines
Hevo Data, a No-code Data Pipeline, helps to transfer data from 100+ sources like Salesforce Marketing Cloud (among 30+ free sources) to your desired data warehouse/ destination and visualize it in a BI Tool. Hevo is fully managed and completely automates the process of not only loading data from your aspired data source but also enriching the data and transforming it into an analysis-ready form without having to write a single line of code. Its fault-tolerant architecture ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.GET STARTED WITH HEVO FOR FREE
It provides a consistent & reliable solution to manage data in real-time and always have analysis-ready data in your desired destination. It allows you to focus on key business needs and perform insightful analysis using various BI tools such as Power BI, Tableau, etc.
Check out what makes Hevo amazing:
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Minimal Learning: Hevo, with its simple and interactive UI, is extremely simple for new customers to work on and perform operations.
- Hevo Is Built To Scale: As the number of sources and the volume of your data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Incremental Data Load: Hevo allows the transfer of data that has been modified in real-time. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow and check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Simplify your data analysis with Hevo today!SIGN UP HERE FOR A 14-DAY FREE TRIAL!
Steps to Set Up Marketing Cloud Reports
Login to Salesforce marketing cloud and follow the steps.
Step 1: To create tabular report click on Reports in menu and then click ‘New Report’.
Step 2: Then we will be asked to choose report type, lets click on ‘Campaign’ -> ‘Campaigns with Leads’ -> click on continue.
Step 3: Click on ‘Fields’ to add fields to report.
Step 4: After that click on ‘Add column’ -> then search for the column that we need on report.
Step 5: Finally click on ‘Save and Run’ , here is our report ready.
For every business, marketing plays a crucial role, however, as a business owner and marketing head, you might be more interested in the answer of questions such as:
- Effectivity of marketing campaign
- How much is the return on investment
Carrying out an in-depth analysis of ads and marketing campaigns requires you to integrate data from a diverse set of data sources. Integrating such complex data can be challenging and tiresome, especially for a beginner & this is where Hevo saves the day.VISIT OUR WEBSITE TO EXPLORE HEVO
Hevo Data, a No-code Data Pipeline, helps you transfer data from a source of your choice in a fully automated and secure manner without having to write the code repeatedly. Hevo, with its strong integration with 100+ sources & BI tools including 30+ Free sources like Salesforce Marketing Cloud, allows you to not only export & load data but also transform & enrich your data & make it analysis-ready in a jiff.
Want to take Hevo for a spin?
Have any further queries about Marketing Cloud reports? Let us know in the comments section below.