Outreach is a unified sales engagement platform that ameliorates your sales opportunities and improves productivity. It has got a wide range of applications from sales automation to buyer sentiment analysis, it does much more. On the other hand, Salesforce is the number one Customer Relationship Management(CRM) platform that leverages your marketing, sales, IT, and other services.
When you connect Outreach to Salesforce, their benefits get multiplied. With Outreach Salesforce Integration, the Sales engagement platform (Outreach) becomes more successful.
In this blog, you will be introduced to Salesforce and Outreach along with their key features. Following this, you will get to know the purpose behind Salesforce Outreach Integration, their connection requirements, and the steps involved to establish these connections. You will also get to know the best practices followed in this Salesforce Outreach Integration in addition.
Table of contents
Introduction to Salesforce
Salesforce is a cloud-based Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool that is designed to support companies in managing their Sales and Customer related data. You can use the Salesforce CRM without any technical background as it is easy to set up and manage. It has redefined the relationship between businesses and their customers by developing a more meaningful connection between them. By providing a single view for each of your client interactions, Salesforce CRM can give you unique insights into the customer’s journey and at the same time empower you with tools that can enhance your customers’ experience.
Also, Salesforce is Cloud-based, which implies that it can provide high flexibility and scalability to its users. Salesforce is the ultimate solution for your business as it provides all the necessary elements for your business on an automation platform with embedded intelligence.
Key Features of Salesforce
Salesforce is one of the most widely used CRM tools and the following features are responsible for its immense popularity:
- Ease of Setup: Unlike other CRMs, which on average take up to nearly a year to get installed and deployed, Salesforce can be set up from scratch and be deploy ready within a few weeks only.
- Straightforward: Businesses don’t have to spend much time training their employees for using this CRM. It is quite straightforward and does not require much training or technical experience.
- Customizable: Salesforce’s specialty lies in the customization that it offers. Users can customize this CRM tool according to their business requirements. This particular feature plays a huge role in Salesforce’s immense popularity.
- Account Planning: Salesforce supplies you with enough insights about each Lead so that your Sales Team can tailor-make their approach for every potential Lead. This will surely increase their probability of success and the customer will also get a personalized experience.
- Accessibility: Salesforce being a Cloud-based software, is accessible from all remote locations if you have a working internet connection. Moreover, Salesforce offers an application for mobile phones thus making it super convenient for the users.
Introduction to Outreach
One of the most intuitive sales automation platforms is Outreach. This platform benefits the sales teams very much to create a sequence of calls and emails campaign depending on the criteria they set. Outreach is mainly based on “Sequences”. Outreach enables the sales team to systematically organize and skillfully handle all their prospects. This platform simplifies the tasks of checking the messages when the leads reply and the other scheduling operations. With Outreach, it is automatically notified to the sales team when the leads reply and also schedule the next sequence of events for those leads. Outreach can also detect the best-performing times of the week to organize the email campaigns.
The bird’s eye view of all the activities and performances of the sales team can be seen using the Outreach’s analytics feature. Outreach has also got another exciting option, using Outreach’s sequence analytics, the team manager can monitor each team member’s performances and each team member can visualize where its prospect is within each communication funnel.
Key Features of Outreach
These are the features that make Outreach unique.
- Customizable Fields and their Updates: You can customize the field on an object that you want to receive updates from. This is true for both cases like from Outreach to Salesforce and from Salesforce to Outreach.
- Automatic detection of Lead Conversion: Using Outreach you can automatically detect when your leads are getting converted into contacts and it dynamically remaps and pulls data.
- Advanced Account: The process of the account getting pulled in when the prospect is mapped to a contact and the prospect getting assigned to it is automated in Outreach.
- Direct Role Mapping: With Outreach, it is enough to Map the users to their appropriate role in the role hierarchy just once. It gets updated automatically.
- Data Reversion Protection: Outreach ensures real-time version control in data transfer, just in case both the records have changed, Outreach will protect the more recent update.
- Salesforce Native: The power of Outreach lives in Salesforce. You can create a report, import a single lead/contact, and click to engage without interrupting your workflow. You can also see Opportunities data, view pipeline by deal stage, and sequence prospects from the Opportunity page.
Outreach is compatible with many leading CRMs. To list a few:
- Salesforce Lightning
- Salesforce Aloha (Classic)
- Salesforce Console
- SKUID Overly
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 Sales
Salesforce Lightning is a simple easy-to-use component-based framework of App development from Salesforce. This is specially designed for business users who do not use programming languages. Using Salesforce Lightning, you can create custom actions and create Apps for employees and customers to improve business.
Salesforce Aloha (Classic)
The Aloha template of Salesforce gives access to the App launcher which links Salesforce connected App with the third party for its community members. This also gives a summary of the components on each page.
Salesforce Console is a unified console in the Service cloud of Salesforce. This is a unique application for customer service, support, and experience. With this Console, teams can manage everything efficiently on a single screen.
The User Interface and User Experience toolkit for Salesforce, SKUID, is used to build Apps for business. This is a less-code platform that provides a feature-rich composer and design studio.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Sales
Microsoft Dynamic 365 Sales helps the salespeople to establish and build a good relationship with their customers, take actions based on this information and finish sales faster. This offers both CRM and ERP features in one place.
Hevo Data, a No-code Data Pipeline helps to load data from any data source such as Hubspot, Klaviyo, Databases, SaaS applications, Cloud Storage, SDKs, and Streaming Services and simplifies the ETL process. It supports 150+ data sources (including 40+ free data sources like Hubspot ) and is a 3-step process by just selecting the data source, providing valid credentials, and choosing the destination. Hevo not only loads the data onto the desired Data Warehouse/destination but also enriches the data and transforms it into an analysis-ready form without having to write a single line of code.
GET STARTED WITH HEVO FOR FREE[/hevoButton]
Its completely automated pipeline offers data to be delivered in real-time without any loss from source to destination. Its fault-tolerant and scalable architecture ensure that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss and supports different forms of data. The solutions provided are consistent and work with different BI tools as well.
Check out why Hevo is the Best:
SIGN UP HERE FOR A 14-DAY FREE TRIAL
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Minimal Learning: Hevo, with its simple and interactive UI, is extremely simple for new customers to work on and perform operations.
- Hevo Is Built To Scale: As the number of sources and the volume of your data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Incremental Data Load: Hevo allows the transfer of data that has been modified in real-time. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow and check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Purpose of Outreach Salesforce Integration
Using Outreach, you can track your entire sales pipeline, pull out more meaningful insights, and have a scale of the revenue attribution of all your activities. Salesforce is one of the best CRM platforms with amazing features and facilities. When you connect Outreach to Salesforce, the benefits of both of these platforms are shared and hence improves the quality of work.
Salesforce Outreach Integration helps you to create and update records on both their platforms. You can either use Outreach or Salesforce as your front-end application depending upon your workflow after the Salesforce Outreach Integration. You can actually enhance your Inbound and Outbound actions with a well-planned communication with your Accounts, Contacts, and Leads.
Connection Requirements for Outreach Salesforce Integration
The following requirements must be satisfied to connect Outreach to Salesforce:
- You(Outreach User) must be listed as Admin in the Outreach Platform to access the plugin settings for connections.
- To communicate and sync with Salesforce, you will need REST API calls. This REST API call is available only in the Enterprise and Unlimited editions and not in the Professional Edition.
- You need to purchase API Call Bundles and require Web API Packages for the Salesforce Professional Edition.
The following requirements must be satisfied to connect Salesforce to Outreach :
- You (Salesforce User) need to know about the process of creating, editing, and deleting data on the necessary objects that you need to show in Outreach.
- The Field-Level Security settings which are used to view and modify any mapped fields must be known.
- The API Enabled under the System Permissions option must be enabled in the user Profile.
- The user profile should have permission to create and edit all objects.
Steps in Outreach Salesforce Integration
Pre-requisite: Map Salesforce Opportunity Stages
Before you actually connect Outreach to Salesforce, It is essential to Map Salesforce Opportunity Stages To Outreach. The steps involved in this mapping include:
Step1: Open the Outreach Platform
Step2: Open the CRM Plugin Settings
Step3: On the Salesforce Plugin Configuration page, click the Opportunity Stage object Types list.
Step4: Then click on Mappings in the menu bar.
Step5: Click Add in the upper-right corner of the settings page.
Step6: Select Salesforce Opportunity Stages and Outreach Opportunity Stages in the dropdowns and Save them.
Outreach Salesforce Integration
Step1: Open Outreach Platform
Step2: Open the Salesforce Plugin and select Opportunity Object. (Settings>Plugins>Salesforce Sandbox>Opportunity)
Step3: Click to enable Polling and Inbound sync options on the Sync tab as instructed in the table below.
Step4: Ensure that the Outbound Create and Outbound Update options are disabled and click Save.
Step5: Add Opportunity Type, External Created Date, and Prospecting Rep ID fields from the Fields in the menu bar.
Step6: Enable the Update In options where applicable and Save.
Step7: Click the Plugin link to return to the Types tab.
Step8: Then select the Opportunity Contact Roles object.
Step9: Click to the enable Polling, Inbound sync, and Outbound sync options on the Sync tab as instructed in the table below. And save the changes.
Step10: From the Fields tab in the menu bar, add Opportunity, Prospect Role, and Primary fields as applicable.
Step11: Enable the Update In options for new fields and Save.
Step12: Return to the Types tab by clicking the Plugin link. Now, select the Opportunity stages object.
Step13: Add the Name, Order, Active, Is Closed, and Is Won fields as applicable in the Fields tab.
Step14: Enable the Update In options for new fields and Save the changes.
Step15: Select the Mappings tab and map the Outreach Opportunity Stages to the associated Salesforce Opportunity Stages and Save the changes.
Best practices for Outreach Salesforce Integration
The best practice for Outreach Salesforce Integrations is discussed below.
- Before you bring in any Salesforce data, Set Up your Custom fields to save time.
- Review your Opt-Out field in Outreach and check if all your communication preference fields are syncing to Salesforce.
- Have an eye on the API limits because when you hit the limit in Salesforce with one tool, it will fail all of your other integrations as well.
- Ensure that you sync only the necessary data before you toggle the Inbound Create button.
- Be Thoughtful About Your Outreach Stage Values.
From this blog, you would now know to connect Outreach to Salesforce seamlessly. You would have also understood the purpose behind Salesforce Outreach Integrations and their connection requirements. Do not forget to also have the best practices in mind before establishing these connections.
Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Hevo Data offers a faster way to move data from 150+ data sources such as SaaS applications such as Salesforce(free) or Databases into your Data Warehouse to be visualized in a BI tool. Hevo is fully automated and hence does not require you to code.
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand. You can also have a look at the unbeatable pricing that will help you choose the right plan for your business needs.