Installing the Salesforce Pardot WordPress Plugin enables you to leverage the power of Salesforce Pardot Automation on your WordPress website without writing any code. You can create Actions and Automations based on form completions on your website straight from Pardot. Furthermore, if you have a Database with clearly defined attributes, you can start tailoring the content on your website based on attributes like Roles, Industries, and Titles.
Upon a complete walkthrough of this article, you will gain a decent understanding of Salesforce Pardot and WordPress along with the salient features that they offer. This article will also provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to set up a connection between WordPress and Salesforce Pardot using the Pardot WordPress Plugin.
Table of Contents
- What is Salesforce Pardot
- What is WordPress?
- How to Build the Salesforce Pardot WordPress Integration using Pardot WordPress Plugin
- An active WordPress account.
- An active Salesforce account.
What is Salesforce Pardot?
Salesforce Pardot is a robust B2B Marketing Automation and Leads Development platform that helps Marketers set up automated Email-based Sales and Marketing campaigns. It hosts an intuitive and easy-to-use interface and enables Marketers to gain vital information about their customers/prospects by monitoring their entire journey with their product, taking into account numerous actions like Clicks, E-mail views, Forms, etc. With Salesforce Pardot, Marketers can segment customers based on their behavior, preferences, and more, and target them more explicitly with personalized, dynamic, and interactive offerings such as Ads, Landing Pages, Exclusive Product Offers, and a lot more.
Key Features of Salesforce Pardot
Some of the key features of Salesforce Pardot are as follows:
- Real-Time Edits: Salesforce Pardot enables users to view and edit their landing pages in real-time, thereby allowing them to simultaneously keep a track of the changes they have made. This can help the user save a lot of time and effort as all changes are reflected live on the page.
- No-code Required: One of the good things about Salesforce Pardot is that it does not require the user to have any prior knowledge of HTML, CSS, or any programming language to utilize the full potential of the platform.
- Lead Assignment: Salesforce Pardot allows users to set up criteria and assign Leads to a Sales Rep based on the minimum score and threshold value in an automated manner.
- Workflow Capabilities: Salesforce Pardot automates a system that calls for a chain of steps that usually require intervention by various specific users. Administrators can write rules to decide when a user needs to complete a step.
For further information on Salesforce Pardot, click here to check out their official website.
What is WordPress?
WordPress is a Free and Open-Source platform for Building, Publishing, and Managing websites. It is a simple and easy-to-use solution that makes it easier for Bloggers and Publishers to publish their content online. It was designed to be a Blog Content Management System (CMS), therefore it contains a lot of capabilities specialized for that use case.
One of the most appealing aspects of WordPress is that it does not necessarily require any prior coding knowledge in order to create and maintain a website. It houses drag-and-drop tools for creating a website from the ground up, as well as a large collection of commercial and free themes covering almost every field. WordPress is Search Engine friendly, which means the users may develop content that appeals to both visitors and Search Engines. It can be used to create Blogging Websites, Corporate Portfolios, E-Commerce Websites, and much more.
Key Features of WordPress
Some of the key features of WordPress are as follows:
- Efficient SEO Optimization: WordPress ensures that your content is SEO (Search Engine Optimization) optimized and automatically generates various SEO Signals for your content.
- Ease of Use: You do not need any technical knowledge to create and maintain a WordPress website. The platform is easy to use and saves you the trouble of building a website from scratch.
- Multiple Staff Editors: You can add multiple editors to WordPress and grant them access to the website. In this manner, you can distribute responsibilities and allow different team members to produce content at the same time.
- Themes: WordPress offers a wide range of intuitive themes using which you can give your website the perfect look and feel, all without knowing how to code.
- Easy Integrations: Plugins help WordPress users integrate third-party tools and other administrative services into their websites quickly and effortlessly.
Simplify Salesforce Pardot & WordPress ETL & Analysis with Hevo’s No-code Data Pipeline
Hevo Data is a No-code Data Pipeline that helps you directly transfer data from Salesforce Pardot(a free data source), WordPress, and 100+ Data Sources (including 40+ Free Sources) to Business Intelligence tools, Data Warehouses like Amazon Redshift, Google BigQuery & Firebolt, or a destination of your choice in a completely hassle-free & automated manner. Hevo is fully managed and completely automates the process of not only loading data from your desired source but also enriching the data and transforming it into an analysis-ready form without having to write a single line of code. Its fault-tolerant architecture ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
Hevo takes care of all your data pre-processing needs required to set up the integration and lets you focus on key business activities and draw a much powerful insight on how to generate more leads, retain customers, and take your business to new heights of profitability. It provides a consistent & reliable solution to manage data in real-time and always have analysis-ready data in your desired destination.Get Started with Hevo for free
Check out some of the cool features of Hevo:
- Real-Time Data Transfer: Hevo with its strong Integration with 100+ Sources(including 40+ Free Sources) such as WordPress, Salesforce Pardot(a free data source), allows you to transfer data quickly & efficiently. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Data Transformation: It provides a simple interface to perfect, modify, and enrich the data you want to transfer.
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Tremendous Connector Availability: Hevo houses a large variety of connectors and lets you bring in data from numerous Databases, Marketing & SaaS applications, etc. such as WordPress, Salesforce Pardot, Marketo, MongoDB, Oracle, Salesforce, etc., in an integrated and analysis-ready form.
- Simplicity: Using Hevo is easy and intuitive, ensuring that your data is exported in just a few clicks.
- Completely Managed Platform: Hevo is fully managed. You need not invest time and effort to maintain or monitor the infrastructure involved in executing codes.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
How to Build the Salesforce Pardot WordPress Integration using Pardot WordPress Plugin?
You can leverage the Pardot WordPress Plugin to add forms and dynamic content to your WordPress website without writing any code. Follow the steps given below to do so:
- Step 1: Install the Pardot WordPress Plugin
- Step 2: Configure your Salesforce Connected App
- Step 3: Configure the User Account Settings of the Pardot WordPress Plugin
Step 1: Install the Pardot WordPress Plugin
- Login to your WordPress account using the appropriate credentials.
- Navigate to your WordPress Dashboard and click on the Plugins tab.
- Now, click on the Add New option and enter “Pardot WordPress” in the search bar.
- Click on the Install Now button to begin the installation process and when the ‘Install Now’ button changes to the Activate button, click on it again to finish the installation.
Step 2: Configure your Salesforce Connected App
- Open a new tab and log in to your Salesforce account.
- Navigate to the Settings and search for App Manager.
- Click on the New Connected App button located in the upper right corner and fill in all the required fields.
- In the API section, make sure to check the box present next to the Enable OAuth Settings option.
- Now, enter your Callback URL here. The Callback URL redirects users to the Pardot WordPress plugin. Head back to the tab where the Pardot WordPress plugin is open and copy the URL. The URL would look something like this: https://[YourWordPressDomainHere]/wp-admin/options-general.php?page=pardot
- Add the following two options from the Available OAuth Scopes:
- Access Pardot Services (pardot_api)
- Perform requests on your behalf at any time (refresh_token, offline_access)
- Once you have completed this step, click on the Save button to generate the Consumer Key and Consumer Secret Key.
Step 3: Configure the User Account Settings of the Pardot WordPress Plugin
- Navigate back to the WordPress tab while keeping the Salesforce tab open.
- Head over to the Dashboard section and open the Pardot tab.
- In the User Account Settings, change the Authentication type to SSO.
- Now, switch back to the Salesforce tab and copy the values for the Consumer Key and Consumer Secret Key respectively.
- Next up, to locate the Pardot Business ID, navigate to the Pardot Account Setup and copy the Business Unit ID.
- Now, click on the Authenticate with Salesforce button and once the authentication is complete/successful, the authentication status will change to “Authenticated with Salesforce SSO.” From here, you’ll want to select your Tracking Code Campaign and save it once more by clicking on the Save Settings button. You can return to this tab at any time to modify your Salesforce Pardot campaign.
- Once you have followed all the steps explained above in the correct sequence, a Blue Pardot button will appear in your text editor which will enable you to add Forms and Dynamic Content from your Salesforce Pardot instance to your website without writing any code. When you click on the Pardot button, you’ll see a window similar to the one below, where you can choose whether to embed forms or dynamic content on your website.
This article provided a brief introduction to WordPress and Salesforce Pardot along with their salient features. It also discussed the steps implementing which you can easily build the Pardot WordPress Integration by leveraging the Pardot WordPress Plugin. Integrating and analyzing your data from a diverse set of data sources such as Salesforce Pardot or WordPress can be challenging and this is where Hevo Data comes into the picture.Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Hevo Data provides its users with a simpler platform for integrating data from 100+ sources (including 40+ free sources) such as Salesforce Pardot & WordPress for Analysis. It is a No-code Data Pipeline that can help you combine data from multiple sources. You can use it to transfer data from multiple data sources into your Data Warehouse, Database, or a destination of your choice. It provides you with a consistent and reliable solution to managing data in real-time, ensuring that you always have Analysis-ready data in your desired destination.
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand. You can also have a look at our unbeatable pricing that will help you choose the right plan for your business needs!
Share your experience of learning about the Pardot WordPress plugin and how to integrate these platforms. Tell us in the comments below!