Salesforce is a robust Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform that allows you to gain a holistic understanding of your customers and potential prospects with ease. Using its intuitive features, you can keep track of your customer’s entire journey from the very beginning. Pendo, on the other hand, emphasizes simplifying and enriching your Product Management, Marketing, and Sales workflows. It can help you ask questions, send out interactive prompts and gain real-time feedback from your customers at all points of their journeys.
This article will provide you with an in-depth understanding of how to set up your Pendo Salesforce Integration effortlessly in just six easy steps. It will also help you gain a holistic understanding of what Salesforce and Pendo are all about, along with some key features of each of them! Read along to find out more!
Table of Contents
Introduction to Pendo
Pendo is a Cloud platform for Digital Product makers and Product Development teams. Eric Boduch, Erik Troan, Rahul Jain, and Todd Olson launched the firm in 2013. With an emphasis on producing and managing products, the Pendo Cloud platform assists customers in organizing Product Design, Marketing, Sales, Engineering, and Customer Success. OpenTable, Procore, Zendesk, Red Hat, ADP, Marketo, Cisco, Citrix, BMC, Okta, LabCorp, and Rapid1 are among the companies that use Pendo.
This tool allows App Developers to include survey questions and polls in their apps. It enables product teams to ask Hyper-targeted Questions at key points in the user’s journey, capturing what they’re thinking and feeling about the product. Users can leverage the Guidance Feature to include user-friendly walkthroughs in their apps, as well as provide helpful tips and reminders along the way. This tool can help with feature acceptance and onboarding.
The Feedback feature of Pendo is a two-way communication tool. It enables App Developers to collect user feedback on their experiences and to keep consumers informed about the status of their requests and suggestions. Any department or team in a firm selling digital products can benefit from Pendo’s Product Analytics and Business Intelligence capabilities.
Introduction to Salesforce
Salesforce is an Enterprise Cloud platform. It offers simple business apps that might help customers have a better experience. Salesforce is a software platform that helps you to stay in touch with customers, prospects, partners, Sales and Marketing services all over the world.
It also offers Cloud services for the execution of apps. The data is automatically secured, upgraded, and scaled. Salesforce Cloud is well-known for its dependability and perks such as adaptability and multitenancy. It also has a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform. Salesforce CRM is a tool that helps businesses manage their relationships with potential customers.
Sales, Service, Finance, Marketing, Business Development, Recruiting, HR, Supply Chain Management, and other lines of business that manage external and internal interactions use Salesforce CRM software and applications. It provides for the storage of existing and potential customers’ information on a single platform, allowing for the creation of a plan for the Personalized Customer Approach. It also enables the planning and monitoring of Sales and Marketing Campaigns, as well as the management of services using insightful and relevant data. Over 150,000 businesses use it to improve data management.
Hevo Data is a No-code Data Pipeline that offers a fully managed solution to set up data integration from Salesforce for free and 100+ Data Sources (including 30+ Free Data Sources) and will let you directly load data to a Data Warehouse or the destination of your choice. It will automate your data flow in minutes without writing any line of code. Its fault-tolerant architecture makes sure that your data is secure and consistent.
Get Started with Hevo for Free
Its completely Automated Data Pipeline offers data to be delivered in real-time without any loss from source to destination. Its fault-tolerant and scalable architecture ensure that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss and supports different forms of data. The solutions provided are consistent and work with different Business Intelligence (BI) tools as well.
Check out why Hevo is the Best:
Sign up here for a 14-Day Free Trial!
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Minimal Learning: Hevo, with its simple and interactive UI, is extremely simple for new customers to work on and perform operations.
- Hevo Is Built To Scale: As the number of sources and the volume of your data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Incremental Data Load: Hevo allows the transfer of data that has been modified in real-time. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow and check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Steps to Set up the Pendo Salesforce Integration
Data associated with a Salesforce Object can be synced with Pendo using the Pendo Salesforce Integration. You can choose which Salesforce Fields you want to import into the Pendo Account or visitor object. To connect the two platforms, you’ll need a key that matches one-to-one on both the Pendo and Salesforce sides (such as a “Salesforce ID” or a matching “Visitor ID”).
Pendo can read and write to any Salesforce item with this feature. Pendo usage data is transmitted to Salesforce Fields, where it can be used in broader measurements and Sales/Customer Success activities. In this Pendo Salesforce Integration, Pendo imports Salesforce Fields as visitor or account metadata, which can be utilized to create user segments and target in-app communications.
Here are the steps to get started with Pendo Salesforce Integration:
Step 1: Accessing the Pendo Admin
- Go to the Data Mappings section of your Pendo account (found under Install Settings).
- Check to determine if your sync has been functioning properly. Three green checks and a current Last Sync date should be seen.
Step 2: Verifying Authentication for Users
- Select Authenticate with Salesforce from the drop-down menu.
- Check to see if the Salesforce user has API access. It’s a good idea to jot this down.
Step 3: Verifying Setup Mapping
- Take notice of the Accounts and Visitors mapped for all Salesforce Objects.
- Setup & Test Mapping is where you’ll get this information.
Step 4: Building a New Pendo Account Report
The majority of customers will want to sync data from Pendo to Salesforce Accounts. Pushing Visitor data is a little more difficult as Salesforce often has duplicate contacts. Checking on Accounts is a good place to start. Create your report by going to Account Reports and clicking Create New Report.
Consider your objectives while choosing a Date Range. Is it useful to have yesterday’s data? It might work for triggering something depending on yesterday’s activity. You can also make a note of the Date Range so you may use it for Salesforce Custom Field names later.
Step 5: Set up Salesforce Push
- Salesforce Push allows you to “Push” data from your Pendo Account and visitor reports to Salesforce. Pendo data may now be used inside Salesforce for workflows, task generation, notification sending, reporting, and third-party connections.
- On the Report page, click the “Set Up” button next to Salesforce Push.
- Pendo Columns can be mapped to Salesforce Fields. You’ll notice that your list of Salesforce Fields is limited to those having the prefix “Pendo_” in the field name.
Step 6: Testing the Pendo Salesforce Integration
- You can now create a Segment that only targets one Account for the time being. Click Sync Now when you’re ready.
- Was that successful? Reset the segment to Everyone and re-sync.
Your Pendo Salesforce Integration is now complete!
With this Pendo Salesforce Integration, any data associated with your Pendo Account can be synced with a Salesforce Object. You may also leverage your Pendo data inside Salesforce for Workflow, Task Generation, Notifications, and Reporting. By integrating Pendo and Salesforce, your Sales and Success teams can further collect feedback from customers and prospects without having to leave Salesforce. If you have a lot of customer and prospect data in Salesforce, you can pull it into feedback for a more in-depth look into the Market and Consumer demand.
After understanding the Pendo Salesforce Integration, you may want to take your business growth a step further by using Data Analytics techniques on your Salesforce data. This will require you to transfer data from Salesforce to a Data Warehouse using various complex ETL processes. Hevo Data will automate your data transfer process, hence allow you to focus on other aspects of your business like Analytics, Customer Management, etc.
Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Hevo Data allows you to transfer data from 100+ multiple sources like Salesforce (for free) to Cloud-based Data Warehouses like Snowflake, Google BigQuery, Amazon Redshift, etc. It will provide you with a hassle-free experience and make your work life much easier
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand.
Share your experience of setting up the Pendo Salesforce Integration! Let us know in the comments section below!