Quickbooks is Accounting Software that automates Bookkeeping, Sales Tax, Invoicing, and other tasks. This platform can be used to keep track of bills and spending. This Accounting Software allows you to run your business from anywhere at any time. It also has reports and dashboards that may be customized.
However, there are certain disadvantages to this software, such as the lack of essential reports outside of accounting, the lack of direct professional help, system crash concerns, and so on. Due to these shortcomings, you’ll need to explore a few Quickbooks Alternatives
The following is a hand-picked list of the best Free and Paid Quickbooks Alternatives, along with their popular features.
Table of Contents
What is Quickbooks?
Quickbooks is a fantastic Accounting program. It can be utilized by small and medium-sized firms to manage their finances and keep track of their income and expenses. It can be used to track Financial Transactions, Generate Reports, and File Tax Returns. This application will help you keep track of your customers, vendors, clients, inventory, and finances.
Sales, Income, Costs, and Overall Business Growth can all be tracked using the Report Center. Quickbooks automates Sales Tax Calculations, Product Tracking, and automatically updating transactions in your register, customer, and vendor areas, to name a few. Quickbooks is accessible across both On-Premises and Cloud-based editions.
Key Features of Quickbooks
Some of the key features of Quickbooks are:
- Payroll Service is integrated with Quickbooks, all of your transactions are up to date, and you can see all of your important information while completing your taxes.
- Quickbooks may be customized to meet a person’s individual needs and tastes, making it suitable for a wide range of businesses.
- By delivering an invoice or statement to your customer and allowing them to pay with a credit card or a bank transfer, you can be assured of faster payments using the Quickbooks Online Payment System. You can even check whether or not they’ve received the invoice.
- Quickbooks is a tried-and-true program with a lot of features. Hundreds of thousands of small businesses throughout the world use Quickbooks Accounting Software. It’s impossible for a software product with such a large user base to go wrong.
For further information on Quickbooks, you can visit the official website here.
Why do you Need Quickbooks Alternatives?
Although Quickbooks is one of the most refined Accounting tools available. There are some limitations that would need you to find Quickbooks Alternatives.
- Quickbooks is a terrific tool for small and mid-sized enterprises, but it lacks industry and business-specific functionality, which could be a drawback for developing and growing businesses.
- It’s useful for keeping track of daily Accounting Transactions, but it can’t generate important reports outside of Accounting.
- You also have a limit on the number of users, so it won’t work for you if you’re working with a huge group.
- Quickbooks is excellent for those who lack formal Accounting expertise but not for those who already have or require professional assistance. Users do not have access to a fixed asset section in Quickbooks, and the price increases with each upgrade.
- Quickbooks has challenges with file size and lacks Integration & Automation with other programs.
A fully managed No-code Data Pipeline platform like Hevo Data helps you integrate and load data from 100+ Data Sources (including 40+ Free Data Sources such as Quickbooks) to a destination of your choice in real-time in an effortless manner.
Get Started with Hevo for Free
Hevo with its minimal learning curve can be set up in just a few minutes allowing the users to load data without having to compromise performance. It also supports many Quickbooks Alternatives. Its strong integration with umpteenth sources allows users to bring in data of different kinds in a smooth fashion without having to code a single line.
Check out some of the cool features of Hevo:
Get Started with Hevo for Free
- Completely Automated: The Hevo platform can be set up in just a few minutes and requires minimal maintenance.
- Real-Time Data Transfer: Hevo provides real-time data migration, so you can have analysis-ready data always.
- Transformations: Hevo provides preload transformations through Python code. It also allows you to run transformation code for each event in the Data Pipelines you set up. You need to edit the event object’s properties received in the transform method as a parameter to carry out the transformation. Hevo also offers drag and drop transformations like Date and Control Functions, JSON, and Event Manipulation to name a few. These can be configured and tested before putting them to use.
- Connectors: Hevo supports 100+ integrations to SaaS platforms such as Quickbooks, files, databases, analytics, and BI tools. It supports various destinations including Amazon Redshift, Snowflake Data Warehouses; Amazon S3 Data Lakes; and MySQL, SQL Server, TokuDB, DynamoDB, PostgreSQL databases to name a few.
- 100% Complete & Accurate Data Transfer: Hevo’s robust infrastructure ensures reliable data transfer with zero data loss.
- Scalable Infrastructure: Hevo has in-built integrations for 100+ sources that can help you scale your data infrastructure as required.
- 24/7 Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to you through chat, email, and support calls.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow so you can check where your data is at a particular point in time.
List of 10 Best Free and Paid Quickbooks Alternatives
Xero is a Business Accounting Software that is accessible online. Xero is one of the best Quickbooks Alternatives available. It allows you to work with your advisors and exchange information with your staff. The main advantage of this program is that it automatically tracks Profit and Loss in multiple currencies.
Features of Xero
- You can keep track of your bank’s cash flow.
- It allows you to send online invoices with payment alternatives via the Internet.
- You can link Xero to your Bank Account.
- Keep track of receipts and expenses.
- Payroll Information for an employee can be tracked.
- Xero delivers Financial Reports to help you keep track of your finances.
- It keeps a snapshot of your contacts and relationship history.
- This provides features like a single dashboard for monitoring business performance. Thus, being one of the best Quickbooks Alternatives.
Xero has three different pricing plans:
- Early: For Basic Needs ($9 per month).
- Growing: For Growing Businesses ($30 per month).
- Established: For Higher and Challenging Businesses ($60 per month)
FreshBooks is an all-in-one small company Accounting Software that makes it simple, quick, and secure to run a small business. You will spend less time on Accounting and more time on your personal work with FreshBooks.
Every small business owner recommends this program, which has been featured in Forbes, CNET, CNN, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Mashable, and other publications.
Features of Freshbooks
- In only a few clicks, you can create invoices for your clients.
- It allows you to easily organize your costs.
- You may easily use log hours and have them immediately included in your invoice.
- You can use this tool to collaborate on projects.
- It generates easy-to-understand financial reports.
- The Freshbook Mobile App allows you to stay in touch with your customers.
- It performs automatic checks and balances to verify correctness and compliance.
Freshbook has four different pricing plans:
- Lite: For Self-Employed ($15 per month).
- Plus: For Small Scale Businesses ($25 per month).
- Premium: For Medium Scale or Growing businesses ($50 per month).
- Select: For Challenging Business Needs (Custom Pricing).
3) Oracle NetSuite
Oracle NetSuite is a Cloud-based Financial Management program. This will provide you with complete real-time access to your company’s financial performance, from the aggregated level to individual transactions. It integrates seamlessly with all NetSuite Order Management, Inventory, CRM, and E-Commerce functionalities, allowing you to optimize your important business processes.
Features of Oracle NetSuite
- Billing Management features in Oracle NetSuite interface with your Sales, Finance, and Fulfillment Teams. This will increase accuracy and reduce billing mistakes.
- It has Revenue Recognition Management capabilities to ensure that financial results are reported on time and in accordance with Accounting Standards.
- It offers simple planning, budgeting, and forecasting tools that Reduce Cycle Times, engage business users, and provide value to your planning process.
- Oracle NetSuite features never-before-seen “near to reveal” capabilities.
- It offers a solution for GRC (Governance, Risk, and Compliance).
For pricing information, you can request a quote. Oracle NetSuite Free Product Tour is available.
4) Zoho Books
Zoho Books is a Web-based Accounting Software that assists business owners in managing their finances and procedures, allowing them to collaborate across departments. Zoho Books offers end-to-end Accounting, Tax Compliance, and an Integrated Business Platform that allows you to manage and administer your entire business from anywhere. Zoho Books is one of the best Quickbooks Alternatives available if you want to manage your Accounts and build Financial Reports on the same platform.
Features of Zoho Books
- Zoho Books organizes receivables, generates customer estimates, transforms them into invoices, and makes it simple to get paid online.
- With Tax-compliant transactions, Automatic Tax computations, Tax payments, and Reconciliation, it ensures your business is Sales Tax Compliant.
- Create and email Purchase Orders, post Expense Receipts, and keep track of your payments to stay on top of your purchases.
- All of your contacts can be found in one location with Zoho Books, allowing for faster and more efficient communication.
- For the seamless operation of your business, Zoho Books provides over 50 Distinct Business Reports such as Profit and Loss Statements, Inventory Summaries, Sales Tax Reports, and more.
Zoho Books has three different pricing plans:
- Basic: For Self-Employed and Basic Work ($9 per organization per month for 2 users).
- Standard: For Medium Scale Organizations ($19 per organization per month for 3 users).
- Professional: For Challenging Businesses and Advanced Needs ($29 per organization per month for 10 users)
Quicken allows you to manage and track tenants, which Quickbooks Online does not. Unlike other Double-Entry Bookkeeping software, Quicken keeps things simple by concentrating solely on your Income and Expenses rather than managing Assets and Obligations. Quicken may also be used to keep track of your personal finances, such as your retirement accounts, which adds a lot more value to your financial picture than merely Accounting for rental revenue. It is the best Accounting Software among all Quickbooks Alternatives for real estate businesses.
Features of Quicken
While the majority of Quicken’s capabilities are geared toward personal budget management, the most expensive edition, Quicken Home & Business, provides rental property management tools. The following features are included in Quicken Home and Business:
- Tenant Management: Keep track of tenants’ personal information, rent payments, and lease terms.
- Dashboard for Rental Properties: In one spot, keep track of the state of your properties, tenants, and rents.
- Track the Monitor Market Value: Use the integrated tool to analyze your mutual fund portfolio. The X-ray instrument from Morningstar (Windows only).
- Payment via PayPal: Add a PayPal payment link to your email to easily collect rental payments.
Quicken has four different pricing plans:
- Starter: For Basic Work ($35.99 per year)
- Deluxe: For Medium Scale Businesses ($51.99 per year)
- Premier: For Challenging Businesses ($77.99 per year)
- Home & Business: For Rental Property Features ($103.99 per year)
To manage your rental property, you’ll need the Home & Business Edition, which costs $103.99 per year.
Sage is a Business Management and Accounting Software. Its Accounting capabilities will assist you with managing Invoicing, Taxes, and Payments, among other things. It’s a Cloud-based system that can be accessed from any computer or mobile device. Sage is one of the best Quickbooks Alternatives available if you want to do your Business Management and Accounting tasks together via a single platform.
Sage 50 Cloud combines the advantages of a Cloud-based solution with the functionality of Desktop Accounting Software. Sage Timeslips is a Time and Billing Management program.
Sage Accounting software has all of the features you’ll need to keep track of your company’s finances. It can automate workflows, handle invoices, track cash flow, and take payments, among other things. Sage 300 Cloud is an Accounting system that provides you with a tool that is tailored to your industry.
Features of Sage
- Sage Intacct, Sage X3, Sage 100cloud, Sage 300cloud, and Sage Fixed Assets are just a few of the options available.
- Sage Accounting can generate and send invoices, as well as do Automatic Bank Reconciliation.
- It provides functions such as purchasing Invoice Management, Cash Flow Forecasting and Issuing Quotes and Estimates.
- For HR-related operations, small firms can utilize Sage HR, while medium-sized businesses can use People and Sage HRMS for HR and CRM processes.
- Sage offers Sage Intacct Construction, Sage 100 Contractor, and Sage 300 Construction & Real Estate as construction and real estate tools.
Sage has two different pricing plans:
- Sage Accounting Start: For Basic Needs ($10 per month)
- Sage Accounting: For Advanced Needs ($12.50 per month)
Wave is excellent Bookkeeping software that is available to an unlimited number of users for free. It is easier to use than others, despite the fact that it does not have as many functions. Wave offers Credit Card Processing and Payroll Integration that may be added for a cost. This is the only free software among all the Quickbooks Alternatives. Wave’s bookkeeping software is available free of cost, so connect your Bank Account and try out the features to see whether it’s perfect for you.
Features of Wave
- Invoicing: Create recurring invoices that are fully customizable.
- Scanning Receipts: Upload your receipt to Wave to keep track of your expenses on the go.
- Payroll: To assist you with your payroll runs, Wave includes a paid payroll service.
- Advisors to the Waves: A paid Wave advisor can help you with your bookkeeping.
Individual users and businesses can use it for free indefinitely.
Bill.com is a Cloud-based solution that enables you to automate your financial operation for both small and medium-sized businesses. This tool helps clients to manage Cash Inflows and Outflows. It allows you to collaborate with your team in real-time. If you want to use the Cloud infrastructure to perform all your Accounting tasks then Billing.com is the best Quickbooks Alternatives available.
Features of Bill.com
- It has the ability to detect Duplicate Invoices.
- Allows you to easily build up a Task Approval Workflow.
- It keeps track of all of your financial transactions.
- Provides immediate chat assistance.
- TLS is used to secure your data in this application (Transport Layer Security).
- It’s possible to use it on a Desktop, an iOS device, or an Android device.
Billing.com has four different pricing plans:
- Essentials: For Basic Work ($39 per user per month)
- Team: For Medium Scale Businesses ($49 per user per month)
- Corporate: For Advance Features ($69 per user per month)
- Enterprise: For CHallenging Businesses (Custom Pricing)
EasyFarm provides a viable solution for self-employed farmers who handle their own bookkeeping. EasyFarm features its own set of input panels that employ farm terminology rather than Accounting jargon. It also possesses a feature that aids in the separation of personal and farming activity in the same Bank Account. It is the best Accounting Software among all Quickbooks Alternatives for the Agricultural industries.
Features of EasyFarm
- Inventory Tracking: Keep track of your stock’s amount and weight, and make automatic modifications if necessary.
- Centers of Cost: Keep track of revenue and expenses by fields, herds, and other categories.
- Payroll: Create paychecks using the check writer.
- App for Mobile Devices: Crop and field records can be entered at any time and from any location.
EasyFarm has four different pricing plans:
- Lite: Available for $500
- Plus: Includes Payroll ($595)
- Pro: Includes Payroll and choice of Crop and Field Manager or Livestock Manager ($800)
- Premier: Includes Payroll and both Crop and Field Manager and Livestock Manager ($1,100)
Kashoo also comes among the best Quickbooks Alternatives. Small business owners, freelancers, and solo entrepreneurs benefit the most from Kashoo’s Cloud Accounting Software. This software automates expense monitoring, simplifies invoicing, streamlines reporting, and tracks money collection in real-time. Its Smart Inbox feature gradually learns the user’s spending habits depending on the expense categories they choose.
Features of Kashoo
- Kashoo is simple to understand and use, having a sample business.
- Set up your company in a matter of minutes.
- Enter expenses quickly and attach receipt photos.
- Create professional-looking invoices that you can send from any location, at any time.
- De-stress and get ready for tax season.
- Have real-time access to your company’s financial health.
Kashoo has two different pricing plans:
- Monthly Plan: $16.65/month
- Annual Plan: $199/year
How to Evaluate Quickbooks Alternatives?
For choosing the right Accounting Software, one should start evaluating Quickbooks Alternatives based on how well they address common Quickbooks issues, such as:
- Customer Support: Quickbooks does not provide a direct phone number for customer service. Instead, users must request a call from customer support.
- Pricing: Quickbooks is costly in comparison to alternative software, according to some users.
- Ease of Use: Quickbooks has a lot of functionality, which makes it tough to set up and use. It could be easier to use bookkeeping software that only has the functions that a certain user needs.
Then you should look at whether Quickbooks Alternatives have all of the necessary features for decent bookkeeping software:
- Bank Account: The software should immediately transfer transactions from your Bank Account, making reconciliation easier.
- Invoices: Invoices should be simple to produce, send, and track until they are paid.
- Billing: Bills should be submitted as soon as they are received and tracked until they are paid.
- Reports: The software should generate balance sheet and income statement reports.
- Connectors: The software should offer online payment and payroll integrations.
Finally, you should look for Quickbooks Alternatives where industry-specific functions are needed that aid in Accounting and Company Management.
In this article, you learned about the top 10 free and paid Quickbooks Alternatives. Any Accounting Software provides an elegant solution to automate Accounting for small businesses and help them grow. The ease of use and customization of the standard reports can be quite useful as it helps get an overview of the company’s progress. You can integrate many such platforms using Hevo Data.
Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Hevo Data provides its users with a simpler platform for integrating data from 100+ sources for Analysis such as Quickbooks for free. It is a No-code Data Pipeline that can help you combine data from multiple sources. You can use it to transfer data from multiple data sources into your Data Warehouses/Databases, or a destination of your choice. It provides you with a consistent and reliable solution to managing data in real-time, ensuring that you always have Analysis-ready data in your desired destination.
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand. You can also have a look at our unbeatable pricing that will help you choose the right plan for your business needs!
Share your experience of learning about the Top 10 free and paid Quickbooks Alternatives! Let us know in the comments section below!