E-Commerce is one of the fastest-growing industries and these businesses can quickly grow with the right Marketing efforts and budget plan. E-Commerce businesses place hundreds and thousands of transactions, orders while managing refunds, cancelations, taxes, etc. Managing all these payment activities manually is a cumbersome process. Companies use 3rd party tools to automate their Accounting activities. WordPress is a leading website creation platform that allows users to easily create blogging, E-Commerce, Content Management websites without coding experience.
Managing all the Accounting of the E-Commerce site is a challenging task. Companies optimize this process by integrating the E-Commerce platform and Accounting software such as QuickBooks WordPress Integration. QuickBooks is a Cloud-based and on-premise Accounting software that automates the process of managing your company’s income and expenses. QuickBooks WordPress Integration allows companies to keep their balance sheets in check and save time.
QuickBooks WordPress Integration allows companies to generate reports and analyze their finances. It also automatically syncs the sales and orders data for invoicing and payments. In this article, you will learn the steps to set up QuickBooks WordPress Integration. You will also read about the benefits of using QuickBooks WordPress Integration and how it helps small-sized companies effectively manage their accounts and finances.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to QuickBooks
- Introduction to WordPress
- Steps to Set Up QuickBooks WordPress Integration
- Benefits of QuickBooks WordPress Integration
- An active QuickBooks Online account.
- An active WordPress site.
- An established WooCommerce store.
Introduction to QuickBooks
QuickBooks is an Accounting software used by many small and medium-sized businesses to manage income and expenses and keep track of the financial health of your business. Developed by Intuit in 2006 and supports business with Accounting, Bookkeeping, Payroll, Inventory Management, and other financial services. Currently, QuickBooks serves around 80% market share of small-scale businesses.
QuickBooks offers a free trial for 30 days and comes with 3 subscription packages – Simple Start, Essentials, Plus. It also comes with an on-premise and Cloud-based solution of Accounting applications to help companies manage their finances easily. It can connect to your bank and credit card accounts to download and categorize all your expenses. QuickBooks allows companies to manage their payments, bills, accept business payments and payroll, and help them evaluate the performance of their business using business statements and reports.
Key Features of QuickBooks
A few key features of QuickBooks are listed below:
- Insights and Reports: QuickBooks allows you to monitor and generate insights from your business financial data. It offers Reporting and Analytics tools that make it easier for you to have an estimated look at your business for the next 90 days.
- Pre-built Integrations: QuickBooks offers easy accessibility and connectivity to data. It comes with more than 700 pre-built integrations with 3rd party apps and platforms.
- Multi-currency Support: You can send invoices, record transactions and generate reports in different currencies and also assign currencies to different customers.
To learn more about QuickBooks, click here.
Introduction to WordPress
WordPress is an open-source website builder platform that allows people to create websites, publish and manage content. It is a simple Content Management system that covers around 40% of the top 10 million websites on the internet. The best thing about WordPress that makes it attractive is that users don’t require coding knowledge to create and manage its site.
There are a plethora of free and paid themes available on the internet that you can apply on your WordPress site. It comes with drag and drops tools to build a website from scratch. WordPress is SEO-friendly that helps pages to rank higher in search engines. It enables you to create everything from Blogging Sites to Corporate Portfolios to E-Commerce Sites.
Key Features of WordPress
A few features of WordPress are listed below:
- Content Publishing Tools: Users can effortlessly publish new content to the website and even schedule articles. WordPress comes with drag and drop tools to add content to the site.
- Mobile Optimized: WordPress knows that most traffic now comes from mobile devices, so it automatically creates mobile-friendly sites for you.
- Easy Integrations: WordPress offers its users plugin support to easily integrate third-party tools and other management services to their websites.
To learn more about WordPress, click here.
Simplify Data Analysis with Hevo’s No-code Data Pipeline
Hevo Data, a No-code Data Pipeline helps to load data from any data source such as WooCommerce, Databases, SaaS applications, Cloud Storage, SDK,s, and Streaming Services and simplifies the ETL process. It supports 100+ data sources including and 30+ data sources for free and is a 3-step process by just selecting the data source, providing valid credentials, and choosing the destination. Hevo not only loads the data onto the desired Data Warehouse/destination but also enriches the data and transforms it into an analysis-ready form without having to write a single line of code.Get Started with Hevo for Free
Its completely automated pipeline offers data to be delivered in real-time without any loss from source to destination. Its fault-tolerant and scalable architecture ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss and supports different forms of data. The solutions provided are consistent and work with different BI tools as well.
Check out why Hevo is the Best:
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Minimal Learning: Hevo, with its simple and interactive UI, is extremely simple for new customers to work on and perform operations.
- Hevo Is Built To Scale: As the number of sources and the volume of your data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Incremental Data Load: Hevo allows the transfer of data that has been modified in real-time. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, E-Mail, and support calls.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow and check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Steps to Set Up QuickBooks WordPress Integration
Now that you have understood about QuickBooks and WordPress. In this section, you will learn the steps to set up QuickBooks WordPress Integration. WooCommerce is a free plugin offered by WordPress to add basic E-Commerce functionalities to your site. According to the statistics by Statista, WooCommerce has 24.43% of the E-Commerce sites market share, making it 2nd widely used E-Commerce platform.
In this tutorial to QuickBooks WordPress Integration, you will learn how to integrate QuickBooks WordPress and send sales data from WooCommerce to QuickBooks. The steps to set up QuickBooks WordPress Integration are listed below:
- Step 1: Installing MyWorks Sync Plugin in WordPress
- Step 2: Connecting the Plugin to QuickBooks
- Step 3: Mapping the Fields
- Step 4: Pushing the Data
Step 1: Installing MyWorks Sync Plugin in WordPress
- Log in to your WordPress site.
- Click on the “Plugin” option from the side navigation bar, as shown in the image below.
- Here, search for “MyWorks QuickBooks” in the search bar.
- Now, click on the “Install Now” button of the MyWorks Sync plugin for QuickBooks WordPress Integration, as shown in the image below.
- Then click on the “Activate” button.
Step 2: Connecting the Plugin to QuickBooks
- Log in to the MyWords plugin for WooCommerce QuickBooks Sync.
- Navigate to the “Plans” option from the menu bar.
- Now, click on the MyWorks plugin for QuickBooks Sync.
- Then, copy the “License Key” and go back to your WordPress account.
- Paste the license key in the text field and click on the “Enter” button, as shown in the image below.
- It will connect the plugin to your WordPress.
- Here, click on the “Connect to QuickBooks Online” button.
- Now, click on the “Connect” button of “Connect to QuickBooks Online“, as shown in the image below.
- It will open the plugin settings again in the new tab. Here, go to the QuickBooks sync plugin and click on the “Connect to QuickBooks” button, as shown in the image below.
- It will prompt you to log in to your QuickBooks account and ask to grant access to data. Provide all the necessary details and accept.
- After successful connection of QuickBooks with the plugin, it will provide you the “Access Token“.
- Copy the Access Token and go back to the WordPress tab.
- Here, paste the Access Token in the text field of “Enter Access Token“, as shown in the image below.
- Then click on the “Save” button.
Step 3: Mapping the Fields
- Click on the “Map” option of the plugin from the side navigation bar, as shown in the image below.
- Now, click on the “Product” section of the plugin.
- Here, click on the “Automap Products” button and select the metrics according to which you want to map data between QuickBooks WordPress, as shown in the image below.
- Repeat the same process for the Customers section, as shown in the image below.
- Then, go to the “Payment Methods” option.
- Here, connect to the payment gateways you have and save all the changes, as shown in the image below.
Step 4: Pushing the Data
- Navigate to the “Push” option from the menu bar of the MyWorks plugin settings.
- Here, select the products that are showing the red cross and then click on the “Push Selected Products” button to send data to QuickBooks.
That’s it! You have completed QuickBooks WordPress Integration.
Benefits of QuickBooks WordPress Integration
QuickBooks WordPress Integration allows companies to maintain their income and expenses in check. A few benefits of QuickBooks WordPress Integration are listed below:
- QuickBooks WordPress Integration makes the complete 2-way sync possible that helps companies sync orders, products, and inventories between QuickBooks WordPress. It provides you with both automatic and manual sync control.
- It allows companies to auto-generate product catalogs in the QuickBook Online that in turn saves time.
- QuickBooks WordPress Integration allows users to backup all the data that safeguard it.
In this article, you learnt about QuickBooks, the steps to set up QuickBooks WordPress Integration. You also read about the benefits of using QuickBooks WordPress Integration and how it helps companies sync their E-Commerce data with Accounting data. The QuickBooks WordPress Integration automates the orders, payments and manages income and expenses for you.Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Companies need E-Commerce data to analyze it and generate insights from it. The manual process of extracting data from WooCommerce is tedious. Hevo Data is a No-code Data Pipeline that can help you transfer data from WooCommerce to desired Data Warehouse. It fully automates the process to load and transform data from 100+ sources to a destination of your choice without writing a single line of code.
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up here for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand.
Share your experience of learning about QuickBooks WordPress Integration in the comments section below!