reCAPTCHA WordPress Integration: 3 Easy Steps
Most WordPress websites/blogs suffer from comment spam. Akismet, a prominent spam filtering program for WordPress, blocks approximately 7.5 million spam comments every hour. One of the most effective ways to combat it is setting up and leveraging a reCAPTCHA WordPress Integration.
Table of Contents
ReCAPTCHA is an advanced version of CAPTCHA that can distinguish between robots and humans. CAPTCHA stands for ‘Completely Automated Public Turing Test to Tell Computers and Humans Apart.’ Users must check a box verifying that they are not a robot to pass the test. After that, they will either pass right away or be provided with a series of photos in which they must match the objects.
In this article, you’ll understand the step by step procedure to set up the reCAPTCHA WordPress Integration. You’ll also gain an in-depth understanding of both of these platforms and the features they offer. Finally, you’ll get to know how reCAPTCHA WordPress Integration can be beneficial for your business. Read along to find out more!
Table of Contents
- What is WordPress?
- What is reCAPTCHA?
- Setting up reCAPTCHA WordPress Integration
- An active WordPress Account.
What is WordPress?
WordPress is a Free and Open-Source website creation and management application that allows users to create, publish, and manage content for their websites. It’s a straightforward CMS (Content Management System) that powers more than 40% of the top 10 million websites on the Internet. The most enticing aspect of WordPress is that it does not require users to have any prior coding knowledge in order to construct and maintain their websites.
WordPress offers drag-and-drop capabilities for creating a website from the ground up, as well as a large number of commercial and free themes that cover practically every topic.
It’s also SEO-friendly, so users can generate material that appeals to both visitors and search engines. It can be used to create Blogging Websites, Corporate Portfolios, E-Commerce Websites, and a variety of other things.
Key Features of WordPress
Let’s have a look at some of WordPress’ most important features:
- Ease of Use: You don’t need any technical knowledge to design and maintain a WordPress website. The platform is easy to use and saves you time and effort as compared to building a website from the ground up.
- Effective SEO Optimization: WordPress generates numerous SEO Signals for your content and ensures that it is SEO optimized automatically.
- Themes: WordPress has a big number of useful themes that you can use to alter the look and feel of your website without needing to know how to code.
- Simple Integration: Plugins make it simple for WordPress users to integrate third-party tools and administrative services into their websites.
What is reCAPTCHA?
reCAPTCHA is a CAPTCHA technology that allows web hosts to differentiate between human and automated website access. Users had to decipher difficult-to-read text or match photos in the original version.
If the analysis of cookies and canvas rendering revealed the page was being downloaded automatically, Version 2 would also request users to decrypt text or match images. ReCAPTCHA has never interrupted users since Version 3 and is designed to run automatically when users load pages or click buttons. Google owns the reCAPTCHA service.
The 1st Version of the service was a crowdsourcing platform for digitizing books, especially those that were too unreadable to be scanned by machines. The verification prompts employed two words from scanned pages, one as a control for verification and the other to crowdsource the reading of an unclear term.
At Carnegie Mellon University‘s main Pittsburgh campus, Luis von Ahn, David Abraham, Manuel Blum, Michael Crawford, Ben Maurer, Colin McMillen, and Edison Tan created reCAPTCHA. In September 2009, Google purchased it.
Simplify WordPress ETL Using Hevo’s No-code Data Pipeline
Hevo Data helps you directly transfer data from WordPress, and 100+ other data sources (including 40+ free sources) to Business Intelligence tools, Data Warehouses, or a destination of your choice in a completely hassle-free & automated manner. Hevo is fully managed and completely automates the process of not only loading data from your desired source but also enriching the data and transforming it into an analysis-ready form without having to write a single line of code. Its fault-tolerant architecture ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
Hevo takes care of all your data preprocessing needs required to set up the integration and lets you focus on key business activities and draw a much powerful insight on how to generate more leads, retain customers, and take your business to new heights of profitability. It provides a consistent & reliable solution to manage data in real-time and always have analysis-ready data in your desired destination.Get Started with Hevo for Free
Check out what makes Hevo amazing:
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Minimal Learning: Hevo, with its simple and interactive UI, is extremely simple for new customers to work on and perform operations.
- Hevo Is Built To Scale: As the number of sources and the volume of your data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Incremental Data Load: Hevo allows the transfer of data that has been modified in real-time. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, E-Mail, and support calls.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow and check where your data is at a particular point in time.
How to Set up the reCAPTCHA WordPress Integration?
Here are the 3 steps needed to get started with the reCAPTCHA WordPress Integration:
- reCAPTCHA WordPress Integration Step 1: Adding a Plugin to WordPress
- reCAPTCHA WordPress Integration Step 2: Getting reCAPTCHA API Keys
- reCAPTCHA WordPress Integration Step 3: WordPress Comment Form with reCAPTCHA
reCAPTCHA WordPress Integration Step 1: Adding a Plugin to WordPress
- The first step is to download and install these Simple Google reCAPTCHA plugin.
- You’ll be taken to Settings > Google reCAPTCHA. You can the configure the plugin settings after it’s been activated.
You will be asked to submit Google reCAPTCHA API credentials. By clicking the ‘Register your Domain‘ link at the top of the screen on the official reCAPTCHA website, you can generate these keys for free.
This completes the first set of reCAPTCHA WordPress Integration process.
reCAPTCHA WordPress Integration Step 2: Getting reCAPTCHA API Keys
- The “Register your Domain” link will re-direct you to the Google reCAPTCHA page, where you may sign up for reCAPTCHA and register your site.
- You will be prompted to log in using your Google Account. Following that, you’ll be taken to the “Register a New Site” page, where you’ll be required to give some basic information in order to register your site.
- To begin, type your website’s name (or any other name) into the Label Section. This will make it easier for you to find your site in the future.
- After that, you must choose the reCAPTCHA V2 button. This will be a radio button.
- This will give you three additional alternatives. You must click the “I’m not a Robot” checkbox if you wish to add the reCAPTCHA checkbox to your site.
- The Domains Textbox enables you to enter the domain name of the website where the reCAPTCHA checkbox will be placed.
- By clicking the addition (+) symbol, you can add numerous domains or subdomains. You’ll be able to use the same API keys across several websites as a result of this.
- Google will already have your email address listed under Owners. If you like, you can also enter another email address.
- To utilize Google reCAPTCHA on your website, you must first accept the terms of service.
- Select the ‘Send Alerts to Owners‘ button to have Google send you an email if any misconfiguration or suspicious activity is detected.
- After you’ve finished filling out the form, click the Submit button to register on your website.
- On this page, Google reCAPTCHA will display a success message as well as the site key and secret key.
These API Keys can now be used in your website’s plugin settings.
This completes the 2nd step of the reCAPTCHA WordPress Integration process.
reCAPTCHA WordPress Integration Step 3: WordPress Comment Form with reCAPTCHA
- Return to the left sidebar of your website’s admin panel and select Settings > Google reCAPTCHA.
- The site key and the secret key must be pasted into the settings page. Copy and paste the Site Key and Secret Key.
- ReCAPTCHA verification will be added to the WordPress comment form, as well as the registration, reset the password, new password, and login forms.
- By checking the disable reCAPTCHA checkbox on the login form, you can disable reCAPTCHA.
- Click the “Save Changes” button when you’re finished to save the API keys and activate reCAPTCHA.
You’ve successfully integrated reCAPTCHA into your WordPress comment form. You may now double-check that the comment part of your blog entries is working properly.
Your reCAPTCHA WordPress Integration is now complete!
Spam is a major challenge for all websites, including WordPress-powered sites. Although CAPTCHA forms do not totally eradicate spam bots, when combined with other popular spam blocking plugins such as Akismet, you have a significant advantage in the spam bot war. If your website accepts comments, a CAPTCHA form will save you a lot of time when it comes to monitoring those remarks.
Integrating and analyzing data from a diverse set of data sources such as WordPress can be challenging and this is where Hevo Data comes into the picture!Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Hevo Data provides its users with a simpler platform for integrating data from 100+ sources (including 40+ Free Sources) for Analysis.
Businesses can use automated platforms like Hevo Data to set the integration and handle the ETL process. It helps you directly transfer data from WordPress to your Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence tool, or any other desired destination in a fully automated and secure manner without having to write any code and will provide you with a hassle-free experience.
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand. You can also have a look at our unbeatable pricing that will help you choose the right plan for your business needs!
Share your experience of setting up reCAPTCHA WordPress Integration. Tell us in the comments below!