Salesforce is a leading provider of cloud-based business applications, offered in a wide array of platforms. It has platforms such as Salesforce CRM, customer 360, digital 360, and other various tools.
Salesforce’s recent addition to already large availability of platforms is Salesforce App Cloud. It is a platform that allows users to build applications. It provides a low-code system for the developers. The App Cloud has various sub platforms that have tools from drag-drop systems to total coding solutions.
This article will give a comprehensive overview of the Salesforce App Cloud.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Salesforce
- Introduction to Salesforce App Cloud
- Prominent tools offered by Salesforce App Cloud
- Benefits of Using Salesforce App Cloud
Introduction to Salesforce
Salesforce is a Cloud-Based Enterprise platform. It provides easy-to-use business applications, that can generate relevant customer experience. Salesforce is a tool that allows staying connected with Customers, Prospects, Partners, Sales, and Market Services globally.
Salesforce offers SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS tools. It also provides its cloud services for running applications. The data is secure, upgraded, and scaled automatically. Salesforce Cloud is known to be very dependable and offers benefits like Adaptability and Multitenancy over others. It also has a CRM platform. Salesforce CRM is a product that manages a company’s relationship with Prospect Customers.
Salesforce cloud CRM software and applications are used for Sales, Service, Finance, Marketing, Business Development, Recruiting, HR, Supply Chain Management, and other lines of business that manage external and internal relationships. It allows storing Existing Customers and Potential Customer’s information under a single platform, which would allow plotting a chart for Personalized Customer Approach. It also allows to plan and monitor Sales and Marketing Campaigns, and manage services with insightful and valuable data available. It is used by over 150,000 companies for better data management.
Simplify Data Analysis with Hevo’s No-code Data Pipeline
Hevo Data, a No-code Data Pipeline helps to load data from any data source such as Salesforce, Databases, SaaS applications, Cloud Storage, SDKs, and Streaming Services and simplifies the ETL process. It supports 100+ data sources (including 30+ free data sources like Salesforce ) and is a 3-step process by just selecting the data source, providing valid credentials, and choosing the destination. Hevo not only loads the data onto the desired Data Warehouse/destination but also enriches the data and transforms it into an analysis-ready form without having to write a single line of code.
GET STARTED WITH HEVO FOR FREE[/hevoButton]
Its completely automated pipeline offers data to be delivered in real-time without any loss from source to destination. Its fault-tolerant and scalable architecture ensure that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss and supports different forms of data. The solutions provided are consistent and work with different BI tools as well.
Check out why Hevo is the Best:
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Minimal Learning: Hevo, with its simple and interactive UI, is extremely simple for new customers to work on and perform operations.
- Hevo Is Built To Scale: As the number of sources and the volume of your data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Incremental Data Load: Hevo allows the transfer of data that has been modified in real-time. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow and check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Introduction to Salesforce App Cloud
Salesforce App Cloud is offering from the world’s most successful Software as a Service (SaaS) company to consolidate its offering to the developer willing to make applications utilizing the salesforce cloud. Salesforce App Cloud contains a large collection of development tools that provides developers the ability to quickly create applications that will keep running on the Salesforce platforms. Salesforce App Cloud is designed in such a way that it lets developers focus on building solutions rather than that worrying about the infrastructure.
Salesforce App Clouds’ main purpose is to empower developers and provide them with the ability to focus on code rather than infrastructure. The motto has been the original promise of Platform as a Service (PaaS). Salesforce App Cloud is a platform that connects the dots across its CRM, mobile tools, and core developer platform to deliver a unified PaaS. Salesforce App Cloud is an extension to bring social, mobile, and cloud platforms together for enterprise developers. The Salesforce App Cloud is designed to provide a connected platform, tools, and frameworks, for customers to build applications very quickly.
Prominent tools offered by Salesforce App Cloud
1) AppExchange: The AppExchange tool offers free and paid apps that integrate seamlessly with the Salesforce platform. AppExchange was launched by Salesforce in 2005. The AppExchange website was the first public directory of its kind. Appexchange provides components to enhance applications. You can also get a wide range of application suites. You can create application components and sell them on AppExchange.
2) Force.com: Force.com enables admins and developers to build websites and applications with Apex and Visualforce. Apex is a Java-like programming language that is used by Force.com. Visualforce is an XML syntax typically used to generate HTML. Force.com is a rapid application development service that helps anyone that builds apps.
3) Heroku Enterprise: This is a PaaS offering from Salesforce that supports development in a variety of languages, including Ruby on Rails, Java, Python, and others. Heroku enables developers to build apps on top of the Salesforce platform. It was acquired by Salesforce in 2010. Heroku Enterprises offers a feature called Spaces which lets you run your applications on Heroku in a network isolated environment, bringing the concept of hybrid clouds to Heroku.
4) Lightning: Lightning is the new UI framework to build beautiful apps or any device. In the year 2014, Salesforce launched the Lightning framework and since then it has become very popular. As for the present scenario it is used as a default for building websites, applications, and features within Salesforce clouds. Lightning was initially used to create Salesforce back end, which is now open to developers. Salesforce has announced plans to bring the Lightning framework to all its clouds and platforms. Lightning has a few parts:
- Lightning components: Lightning Components are reusable, self-containing portions of an App that allows a user to utilize drag-and-drop development of mobile and desktop apps with relative ease. The usage of Lightning Components provides a higher speed of development. Salesforce has opened this code to developers and admins so they can build their own components and applications. Lightning Components are built on the Aura framework.
- Lightning Process Builder: The Lightning Process Builder is a tool that was designed to minimize the number of steps involved during the development of any application. It was also used for the automation of business processes. The Lightning Process Builder is used to create automated workflows without utilizing the complex and lengthy Apex code.
- Lightning Connect: Lightning connect as the name suggest is a tool that enables rapid, easy data integration and application upload into Salesforce clouds.
- Lightning Schema Builder: Lightning Schema Builder is a tool that enables the extension of data into salesforce and visualization into salesforce clouds. This tool makes it possible to visualize and see data relationships without having to write complex code.
5) Thunder: Thunder is part of Salesforce IOT cloud in a widely used development framework. Thunder is backed by various open-source technologies that are primarily built to process big data, hence Thunder can process billions of events per day. Salesforce IoT services are used for connecting everything to Salesforce. Thunder is a highly scalable event processing engine, that helps you generate near real-time insights and perform smart actions.
6) Shield: Shield is an encryption software from Salesforce App cloud that provides the Salesforce customers the ability to store personally identifiable, relatively sensitive data into Salesforce Cloud. Shield enables encryption of data while also ensuring the ability to search the data and apply workflows to it. It provides the highest level of compliance and security for enterprise apps.
7) Trailhead: Trailhead is a learning platform that guides beginners and novices through the process of Salesforce App development. It is a reward-based system where the user gets an acknowledgment badge as soon as they finish all the modules of the course. Trailhead can be stated as a free Salesforce App Cloud learning platform.
Benefits of Using Salesforce App Cloud
Customer Experience: Salesforce app cloud has everything you would need to create practical applications that significantly improve customer experience and enhances customer interaction with the application or business.
Mobile Applications: Salesforce App cloud allows users to develop mobile applications with help of which users can evaluate customer data and increase customer interaction by performing the required changes based on insights.
Business Process Automation: Salesforce App Cloud allows for faster collaboration and increases in efficiency of work. It allows the users to develop mobile applications for all units in the company from HR to Finance in just a few clicks.
Connected and Integrated: Salesforce App Cloud allows users to connect and integrate their applications to the database or server-based data sources using powerful APIs provided in the Salesforce cloud.
This article provided a comprehensive overview of Salesforce, Salesforce app cloud, its prominent tools, and the benefits of using the Salesforce app cloud.
While using the Salesforce App Cloud is insightful, it is a hectic task to Set Up the proper environment. To make things easier, Hevo comes into the picture. Hevo Data is a No-code Data Pipeline and has awesome 100+ pre-built Integrations that you can choose from.
visit our website to explore hevo[/hevoButton]
Hevo can help you Integrate your data from numerous sources like Salesforce for free and load them into a destination to Analyze real-time data with a BI tool such as Tableau. It will make your life easier and data migration hassle-free. It is user-friendly, reliable, and secure.
SIGN UP for a 14-day free trial and see the difference!
Share your experience of learning about the Salesforce App Cloud in the comments section below