In today’s competitive market, effective planning of Sales and Marketing strategies plays an integral role in a company’s growth. The sales department of a firm has the task of increasing the conversion rate of potential customers. To achieve optimum Sales Generation, businesses use Computer Telephony Integration (CTI) systems to enable their employees to interact with the target audience on call while using computers. Companies around the globe have chosen Salesforce to meet these requirements.
This article will give a brief about Salesforce, Computer Telephony Integration systems, and its key benefits. The article will also provide a better understanding of the advantages and usage of the Open Salesforce CTI tool.
Table of Contents
- Understanding of customer support
- An idea of how API works
Introduction to Salesforce
Salesforce is a San Francisco-based cloud computing company that provides the world’s leading Customer Relationship Management platform. The firm was founded by Halsey Minor, Marc Benioff, and Parker Harris in 1999. Salesforce’s cloud-based digital platform helps companies to carry out various operations like Marketing, Sales, Customer Support, and many more. The platform eliminates the need for installing specialized infrastructure that enables businesses to achieve Maximum Efficiency at a minimum cost. Many industry-leading companies, including Walmart, UnitedHealth Group, Unilever, and Berkshire Hathaway, use Salesforce’s CRM platform to provide a best-in-class experience to their customers.
Key Features of Salesforce
Salesforce offers various services to its clients to help them run their sales and marketing operations seamlessly. Following are a few major Salesforce offerings:-
- Sales Cloud: This platform allows Salesforce’s clients to store data of business interactions — either with other organizations or customers. Companies can store all of their organizational data with the Sales Cloud, including Leads, Opportunities, Campaigns, Fundraising, and manage Grants.
- Marketing Cloud: Salesforce offers a Marketing Cloud that can handle all of its client’s marketing needs. Businesses can easily gain access to critical consumer insights that help them to make better-informed decisions regarding campaigns.
- Data.com: It is a platform developed by Salesforce that allows its users to gather customer data from various sources. Users can connect with other market players and collect information to meet their business needs.
For further information check out the official website here.
Understanding Salesforce CTI (Computer Telephony Integration)
Computer Telephony Integration is a system that allows computers to share information with telephones and vice versa. It enables users to make and receive calls using virtual phones from their computers. It is an integral technology that is used by businesses operating in various sectors to handle inbound and outbound calls of their customers. Users can make calls from their computers using a click-to-call functionality that eliminates the requirement of physical telephones. The technology also supports all the mainstream telephone functionalities like call transfer, hold, mute, conference, answer, and hang up.
During a call, Salesforce CTI automatically fetches the details of the person being called from the company’s database. This feature helps users to quickly attend calls without having to ask customers regarding their details. Salesforce CTI can also be integrated with various Third-Party automatic call distributor systems that can automatically direct calls from customers to the concerned department for efficient workflow. The distribution protocols can be customized depending upon the needs. Salesforce CTI integration allows businesses to record incoming and outgoing calls that can be used to generate real-time reports on an employee’s performance and understand the needs of its customers in a better way.
Key Benefits of Salesforce CTI
Computer Telephony Integration has a number of features that help businesses to optimize their workflow and increase revenue generation. Below mentioned are a few key benefits that companies get after the adoption of Salesforce CTI.
- Time-Saving – Salesforce CTI displays information about the customers after fetching relevant details from its database. This allows sales agents to get directly into essential talks with customers while eliminating the need for asking about details. All the required information gets displayed on the employee’s computer screen that helps to have a lot of productive time.
- Increased Productivity – Salesforce CTI can automatically divert inbound calls to individual departments after being integrated with an automatic call distributor system. This helps workers to attend calls that are specifically for their department. Hence it increases productivity as employees can solely focus on fulfilling their assigned responsibilities.
- Cost-effective – The price for buying a Salesforce CTI subscription is way lesser than the cost of installing physical telephones at each workstation. Various other infrastructures are needed to enable a fully functional telephone. Hence CTI helps businesses to save quite a considerable amount of money.
- Tracking Performance – Salesforce CTI enables businesses to record inbound and outbound calls that can be used in the future for generating reports or to analyze trends. Salesforce CTI services also have specific analytics tools that can be used to create insights about customers and the performance of employees.
- Better Customer Experience – Salesforce CTI pushes various relevant information on the caller’s computer screen about customers when they are approached. The details may include name, email address, phone number, account history, and many more. This helps the caller to provide an immersive and personalized experience to customers.
Understanding Open Salesforce CTI
Hevo Data, a No-code Data Pipeline helps to Load Data from any data source such as Databases, SaaS applications, Cloud Storage, SDK,s, and Streaming Services and simplifies the ETL process. It supports 100+ data sources (including 30+ free sources etc.) and is a 3-step process by just selecting the data source, providing valid credentials, and choosing the destination. Hevo loads the data onto the desired Data Warehouse, enriches the data, and transforms it into an analysis-ready form without writing a single line of code. It helps transfer data from Salesforce to a destination of your choice for free. It helps you to carry out tasks like Xero Salesforce Integration in a simple manner.
Its completely automated pipeline offers data to be delivered in real-time without any loss from source to destination. Its fault-tolerant and scalable architecture ensure that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss and supports different forms of data. The solutions provided are consistent and work with different Business Intelligence (BI) tools as well.
Get Started with Hevo for free
Check out why Hevo is the Best:
Sign up here for a 14-day Free Trial!
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Minimal Learning: Hevo, with its simple and interactive UI, is extremely simple for new customers to work on and perform operations.
- Hevo Is Built To Scale: As the number of sources and the volume of your data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Incremental Data Load: Hevo allows the transfer of data that has been modified in real-time. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow and check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Steps to Integrate Open Salesforce CTI
Step 1: Select the Third-Party phone provider.
Step 2: Download and install the required app exchange packages.
Step 3: Connect the Third-Party CTI softphone with Salesforce.
Step 4: Select the number of users who would have access to the Salesforce phone.
Key Advantages of Open Salesforce CTI
The prime motto of any business is to increase their sales, for which they implement various strategies and practices. Integrating a Third-Party computer telephony integration system with Open Salesforce CTI allows employees to effectively manage outbound and inbound sales calls that increase the chances of gaining new customers. Open Salesforce CTI offers various features and services like popup customer details, customizable softphones that give users an edge over traditional methods for increasing sales. Below mentioned are a few advantages of using Open Salesforce CTI.
1) Improved Customer Relationship
Open Salesforce CTI allows its users to schedule calls, messages and arrange follow-up appointments with customers. This helps to build a better relationship with customers that leads to increased changes in sales.
The platform gives its users the ability to customize their softphones according to their own accord and needs. Open Salesforce CTI offers many personalization options that help users to Increase their Productivity and Optimize Workflow. Users have the option of adding relevant analytics data and client information to their dashboard according to their needs that would help them to interact with customers.
3) Increased Sales
Open Salesforce CTI allows its users to view all the relevant information of an individual while making a call. The information includes location, past purchases, product choice, and many others. This gives the caller a background brief of an individual that can be used to begin an informed conversation to increase the conversion rate.
4) Wide Support Range
Open Salesforce CTI provides support for multiple web browsers, including Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, and can be operated on all platforms, including Windows, macOS, and Linux. It also allows users to attach headsets via Bluetooth connection or USB port.
5) All in One Solution
Usually, users need to hover around multiple windows to gather various information. Open Salesforce CTI offers an all-in-one window that displays every necessary detail, including analytics. This helps to save a lot of time that results in increased productivity of users.
Every interaction with Open Salesforce CTI’s telephony server is encrypted as it uses HTTPS. This ensures maximum security of client and company data.
Businesses across the globe are incessantly working towards providing a better experience to their customers in this market of ever-changing consumer needs. To keep up with the pace, companies have adopted various techniques and tools that help them achieve their goals. Salesforce CTI is yet another powerful tool that allows businesses to seamlessly interact with customers in an informed manner that helps them grow their business. In case you want to export data from Salesforce into your desired Database/destination, then Hevo Data is the right choice for you!
Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Hevo Data provides its users with a simpler platform for integrating data from 100+ sources such as Salesforce for Analysis. It is a No-code Data Pipeline that can help you combine data from multiple sources. You can use it to transfer data from multiple data sources into your Data Warehouse, Database, or a destination of your choice. It helps transfer data from Salesforce to a destination of your choice for free. It provides you with a consistent and reliable solution to managing data in real-time, ensuring that you always have Analysis-ready data in your desired destination.
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand. You can also have a look at our unbeatable pricing that will help you choose the right plan for your business needs!
Share your experience of learning about Salesforce CTI! Let us know in the comments section below!