Businesses used to track their new Leads on sticky notes, business cards, Excel spreadsheets, etc., and they had all their conversations over Outlook or Gmail. With the advancement in technology, everything has changed. Businesses are now using Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools, which is a much more reliable system to house all their contacts in a single centralized location. One of the leading Customer Relationship Management systems is Salesforce.
Salesforce provides various services and supports to make it easier for you to run your business seamlessly. One such service is Salesforce DMP (Salesforce Data Management Platform) which comes under the roof of Salesforce Marketing Cloud Services. Salesforce DMP provides you premium access to its data sources and uses that data to create Marketing Campaigns.
This article will introduce you to Salesforce with an emphasis on Salesforce DMP. It will also show you why it is one of the most valuable possessions of Salesforce and how you can make it even better by integrating it with other Salesforce tools like Salesforce Einstein, Salesforce Data Studio, etc.
Table of Contents
Introduction to Salesforce
Salesforce is a leading Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform that helps you interact with the Leads and convert them into customers. With Salesforce, you can keep track of your Lead’s activities and accordingly strategize your Sales & Marketing campaigns. It also helps you in analyzing the data that you are collecting from various operational data sources using Salesforce Einstien Analytics.
Salesforce provides various cloud services to make it easier for you to handle and manage your Leads and customers such as:
- Salesforce Sales Cloud: Salesforce Sales Cloud helps you with real-time customer collaboration. At the same time, it also helps you manage customer information.
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud: It helps you personalize Marketing Campaigns (including E-Mail Marketing Campaigns) based on customer activities and behavior.
- Salesforce Community Cloud: It provides a platform to your customers, employees, and partners to connect and communicate for any needs. As customers are now allowed to interact with each other, it builds deeper customer relationships.
- Salesforce Service Cloud: It helps you provide the best customer experience. It houses features like social networking plug-in, case management, etc.
Key Features of Salesforce
Listed below are the key features of Salesforce:
- It has a feature i.e. Opportunity Tracker that helps you keep track of your Lead’s activities and also helps you communicate with them.
- With Salesforce, you can analyze the data you have collected and create personalized Marketing Campaigns.
- It also provides its very own Analytics Platform known as Salesforce Einstein that provides you the tools to analyze your data more easily and make fruitful predictions.
For more information on Salesforce and its exclusive Cloud services, click here.
Introduction to Salesforce DMP
The biggest challenge an online Marketer face is finding promising Leads. The Salesforce DMP (Data Management Platform) allows marketers to collect, access, and use a wide range of data to quickly gather together accurately targeted audiences that they can share with their clients. With Salesforce DMP, you can create unique and highly accurate audience segments. This helps in reaching out to these people more easily and convert them into customers.
Salesforce DMP is majorly used by publishers that are in the content business in one way or another. They use Salesforce DMP to draw traffic to their sites by tagging pages with a special code. This shares site activity with the Salesforce DMP. This also helps you analyze the needs and interests of your Leads who interact with your page/site.
The data collected via Salesforce DMP is used to group your Leads into Audience Segments based on their specific areas of interest. This is further used to convert these leads into customers. Salesforce DMP is one of the tools of Salesforce Marketing Clouds and in simple terms, reads the data coming from multiple data sources and uses that information to launch personalized Marketing Campaigns.
For more information on Salesforce DMP, click here.
Hevo Data, a No-code Data Pipeline helps to Load Data from any data source such as Databases, SaaS applications, Cloud Storage, SDKs, and Streaming Services and simplifies the ETL process. It supports 100+ data sources including Salesforce, etc., for free and is a 3-step process by just selecting the data source, providing valid credentials, and choosing the destination. Hevo loads the data onto the desired Data Warehouse, enriches the data, and transforms it into an analysis-ready form without writing a single line of code.
Its completely automated pipeline offers data to be delivered in real-time without any loss from source to destination. Its fault-tolerant and scalable architecture ensure that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss and supports different forms of data. The solutions provided are consistent and work with different Business Intelligence (BI) tools as well.
Get Started with Hevo for free
Check out why Hevo is the Best:
Sign up here for a 14-day Free Trial!
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Minimal Learning: Hevo, with its simple and interactive UI, is extremely simple for new customers to work on and perform operations.
- Hevo Is Built To Scale: As the number of sources and the volume of your data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Incremental Data Load: Hevo allows the transfer of data that has been modified in real-time. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow and check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Data Sources of Salesforce DMP
In the previous section, you learned about Salesforce DMP and how it reads the data collected from multiple anonymous data sources to personalize Marketing Campaigns. As all your Marketing Campaigns are highly influenced by the data collected from these data sources, they need to be highly reliable. Else, it would just burn a hole in your pocket. Now, the question arises: What are these data sources?
The simple answer to this question is that there are multiple data sources such as:
1) Web Traffic Data
This is the data collected from your website which tells you how your website ranks. It also provides the data of how your visitors are interacting with your website and tells you more about their interests and needs.
2) Marketing Campaigns
Data insights from Marketing Campaigns help you understand how much to spend on your advertisements. It gives you the data on how your Campaigns are connecting with your Leads and at the same time helps you determine what it would take to convert them into customers. This also gives you the opportunities to create personalized Marketing Campaigns for the targeted audience.
3) Salesforce Data Studio
The primary source of your data is Data Studio which is the 2nd party Data Marketplace in Salesforce. Data Studio provides you access to the data market where data is segmented based on topics.
The data stored in Data Studio is not restricted to one sector of your business and anyone can get access to it. Data Studio allows you to generate Leads with rich and optimized data. It also provides you the ability to protect your data and share it with your want.
For more information on Salesforce Data Studio and other data sources, click here.
Salesforce DMP Einstein Segmentation
Salesforce Einstein is a platform that provides Point-and-Click tools that help you build custom Artificial Intelligence applications and embed them directly in your user workflow. One of the most popular Salesforce Einstein tools is the Einstein Prediction tool which helps you analyze your data and extract meaningful insights out of it. These insights are very helpful to make informed business decisions.
You can integrate Salesforce Einstein with Salesforce DMP to enhance its functionality. Salesforce DMP provides the added feature of Salesforce DMP Einstein Segmentation that simply applies Machine Learning to your data to discover your customers among all your Leads. It provides you insights that you can use to personalize your Marketing Campaigns and reach out to people with the message that is just right for them.
Advantages of the Salesforce DMP
Now that you have a basic understanding of the Salesforce DMP, let’s walk through the advantages of the Salesforce DMP. Listed below are some of the major advantages of the Salesforce DMP that makes it the most relievable Marketing Data Management Platform:
- Salesforce DMP helps you collect, store, and centralize your data. This makes it easier for you to fetch it when needed and use it to create personalized Marketing Campaigns.
- It can easily integrate with other tools of Salesforce and this helps in enhancing its functionality like making better predictions, extracting optimized data, etc.
- It gives you access to premium data sources which helps you in generating better Leads and at the same time helps you figure out their needs and interests. Using Salesforce DMP, you can strategically make your Sales and Marketing decisions.
This article introduced you to Salesforce and one of its most popular platforms i.e. Salesforce DMP. It emphasized how the Salesforce DMP can help you read your data and use the extracted information to boost your business. It also briefed you on how the Salesforce DMP easily integrates with Salesforce Einstein and enhances its functionality. The article concluded by providing you the major advantages of the Salesforce DMP and why it is the best fit for your business.
Although this article focused on using Salesforce DMP and its features, there are times when you need to store all your historical data in a Data Warehouse. In that situation, you can either go for Manual Integration which is highly complex and demands technical proficiency, or you can use Data Pipelines like Hevo Data.
Hevo Data is a No-code Data Pipeline and has awesome 100+ pre-built integrations that you can choose from. Hevo can help you integrate data from numerous free data sources such as Salesforce, etc., and load it into a destination to analyze real-time data with a BI tool and create your Dashboards. It will make your life easier and make data migration hassle-free. It is user-friendly, reliable, and secure.
Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand. You can also have a look at the unbeatable pricing that will help you choose the right plan for your business needs.
Share your experience of understanding Salesforce DMP in the comments section below!