Salesforce Outlook Integration (also known as Outlook for Salesforce) is a native Salesforce-based solution that allows you to centralize Salesforce data in Outlook. You may effortlessly transfer/sync data such as contacts, events, and tasks between various platforms, saving time and resources while increasing corporate efficiency.
Salesforce Outlook Integration is simple to set up. To do so, you can utilize the Salesforce Outlook Integration system, which was created by Salesforce but comes with certain drawbacks. Other popular methods include Salesforce Outlook Integration connectors and using Third-Party Tools. Each method is beneficial in its own way.
Integrating Salesforce and Outlook manually, on the other hand, takes some work and technical knowledge. As a result, you should select a way for Salesforce Outlook Integration that includes all of the key capabilities while also making the process easier for you.
In this post, you’ll get to know how to carry out Salesforce Outlook Integration using the manual method.
Table of Contents
Introduction to Salesforce
Salesforce is a Cloud-based Customer Relationship Management(CRM) platform that focuses on streamlining corporate processes such as Sales, Marketing, and more. Salesforce has specialized in Data Analytics, Marketing Automation, Customer Service, and Platform Development applications as a result of sustained development and efforts.
Salesforce allows administrators to focus on more strategic corporate activities by automating mundane everyday tasks. It’s a one-stop-shop for businesses looking to manage client data across several channels like email, chat, and social media. Salesforce lets you create Sales Pipelines and Marketing Campaigns that track Leads, Manage Contacts, and Provide Reports for analysis.
Key Features of Salesforce
- Account Management Made Simple: Salesforce gives businesses a 360-degree view of their consumers. It gives you constant access to Activity History, Customer Communication, Important Contacts, Internal Account Discussions, and other information.
- Sales Data: Salesforce allows businesses to have real-time access to Sales Data, which can be utilized to engage with leads and boost Marketing productivity.
- Dashboards: Salesforce Dashboards provide a real-time and easy snapshot of your business performance. It allows businesses to view thorough reports that can be accessed by any team member at any time.
- Workflow & Approvals: With Salesforce Visual Workflow, businesses can easily design and automate business processes using drag-and-drop capabilities. Flexible approval processes for Expenses, Customer Discounts, Trial Periods, and more may be utilized to promote success.
- Lead Management: Salesforce’s Lead Management feature allows businesses to manage leads and continuously optimize campaigns across all channels, allowing them to make data-driven decisions and grow.
- Syncing and Sharing files: Salesforce allows businesses to quickly exchange files, interact with their entire team, and track their content in real-time. Users can also use the Quick Search tool to look up information in a specific section of the site.
For further information on Salesforce, check out the official website here.
Introduction to Microsoft Outlook
Microsoft Outlook is an Email program that allows users to send and receive emails from their computers. Microsoft Outlook is a piece of commercial software that is available separately or as part of the Microsoft Office suite. This program is significantly more extensive than the free edition, with better corporate support and additional features, not accessible in the free version.
E-mail, Phone Support, and Group Scheduling are just a few of the features offered by Microsoft Outlook. Using public files, forms, and Internet connectivity, makes it simple to exchange information. It also enables you to organize data in whatever way you like. You can create your own view with the Field Chooser and Group By Box tools, or you can use one of Outlook’s standard views.
Key Features of Microsoft Outlook
Some of the key features of Microsoft Outlook are:
- Email Management: The ability to schedule emails is available in Outlook. This function allows you to send emails ahead of time, which is quite useful. When you schedule the delivery of an email, you may write it when the issue is still fresh in your mind and ensure that it reaches your recipient’s inbox at the ideal time. This is a game-changing feature.
- Calendar Sharing: You may share your calendar with your coworkers in Outlook. When it comes to scheduling meetings, this saves a lot of time. Rather than emailing back and forth to figure out their availability, you can simply look at their calendar. You can also look to see whether your coworker is in his/her office before getting up and walking down the hall. It’s amazing how quickly time flies when you’re having fun!
- Mailbox Customizations: Users of Outlook can create mailbox rules that automatically categorize their emails. You can choose where an email from a specific sender should be delivered. You can also create a rule that automatically marks emails from a given sender or with a specified subject line as “read” or “forwards” them to another member of your team.
Hevo Data is a No-code Data Pipeline that offers a fully managed solution to set up data integration from Salesforce (one of the 30+ Free Data Sources) and 100+ Data Sources and will let you directly load data to a Data Warehouse or the destination of your choice. It will automate your data flow in minutes without writing any line of code. Its fault-tolerant architecture makes sure that your data is secure and consistent. Hevo provides you with a truly efficient and fully automated solution to manage data in real-time and always have analysis-ready data.
Get Started with Hevo for free
Let’s look at some of the salient features of Hevo:
Sign up here for a 14-day Free Trial!
- Fully Managed: It requires no management and maintenance as Hevo is a fully automated platform.
- Data Transformation: It provides a simple interface to perfect, modify, and enrich the data you want to transfer.
- Real-Time: Hevo offers real-time data migration. So, your data is always ready for analysis.
- Schema Management: Hevo can automatically detect the schema of the incoming data and map it to the destination schema.
- Scalable Infrastructure: Hevo has in-built integrations for 100’s of sources that can help you scale your data infrastructure as required.
- Live Monitoring: Advanced monitoring gives you a one-stop view to watch all the activities that occur within Data Pipelines.
- Live Support: Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
Why you Should do Salesforce Outlook Integration
For folks in sales, Salesforce and Outlook are essential tools. Integrating Salesforce and Outlook would automate their daily workflows significantly. Salespeople, for example, can use Outlook to send emails to Potential Clients, Manage Client Data, and Schedule Appointments. Salesforce, on the other hand, is fantastic at tracking and managing Sales processes, from Leads to Pipelines to Completing Deals.
Switching back and forth between Salesforce and Outlook can pose some issues. Some functions, such as Recording Contacts and Booking Meetings, can be completed in both apps. While simultaneously entering the data into various apps, this results in a waste of time and increased errors (e.g., missing data or typing typos).
Many businesses are beginning to integrate Salesforce and Gmail in order to avoid all of these difficulties. They may simply handle Salesforce data in Outlook without entering it into the CRM and boost Sales Reps performance at the same time.
Steps to Set up Salesforce Outlook Integration
To carry out Salesforce Outlook Integration smoothly you need to follow the steps given below:
Step 1: Selecting Outlook in Salesforce
Go to your Salesforce and log in. Select Setup from the drop-down menu. In the Fast Find Box, type Outlook and then select Outlook Integration and Sync. Then click on the Outlook Integration and Lightning Sync buttons to enable it. Activate Outlook’s Enhanced Email feature. Select Active and Notify Reps from the drop-down menu. Select the Edit option. Toggle the Active and Advanced Email Security Settings checkboxes to true, then hit the Save button.
Step 2: Configuring Outlook
- Step A: Now, in the Fast Find Box, type Outlook again and select Outlook Configuration. Then select New Outlook Configuration from the drop-down menu. Now, in the basic information section, type your desired Name and click the Active checkbox to true.
- Step B: Now, under the Assign users and profiles section, select Users, and in the Available Members section, select the users to whom you want to grant Outlook sync permission. Then, using the Add button on the left side, add them to the Assigned Members section.
- Step C: Now, under the Assign Users and Profiles section, select Profile, and then in the Available Members section, select the profile to which you wish to provide Outlook sync permission. Then, using the Add button on the left side, add them to the Assigned Members section.
- Step D: Select the Set Default Sync setting to Sync All Outlook Items checkbox in the Data Settings section. Check the Allow users to select attachments option as needed.
- Step E: Choose Sync Both Ways and conflict in Contacts Sync Direction now. Outlook always triumphs when it comes to behavior. Allow users to make changes: select the appropriate checkboxes.
- Step F: Follow the step above for Events and Tasks, then click on the Save button.
Step 3: Configuring Salesforce
Switch to Salesforce Classic now. Select My Settings from the drop-down menu beside the Setup menu. Now. add your User Name. In the fast find box, type Outlook and select Salesforce for Outlook.
Now, Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Download (Version) button to get Salesforce for Outlook. Close Microsoft Outlook if it is open. Now, on your PC, run the Setup File.
Step 4: Salesforce Outlook Integration
- Step A: After you’ve finished installing Salesforce for Outlook on your computer, you’ll be able to use it. On your PC, launch Microsoft Outlook. Please use Microsoft Outlook to sync your email address. Try clicking the upper arrow button in the taskbar on the right side of the system.
- Step B: Salesforce for Outlook Symbol can be seen there. Go to the mouse’s “right-click” symbol and select “Settings.”
- Step C: Username and password for Salesforce are required. Then press the Login button. Allow Button should be clicked. Select “Sync Only the Outlook Items I Select”. Choose the default option and then press the Next button. Select the higher option if you wish to sync all Outlook items that you don’t remember the sync letter for.
- Step D: Save the file by using the Save button. You have successfully done Salesforce Outlook Integration. Right-click the Salesforce for Outlook system tray icon and select Options to update your settings. Close the window by clicking the Close button.
Install Salesforce for Office 365
Activate the Outlook connector in your Salesforce account so that your Sales Reps may use Salesforce from within Microsoft Outlook Office 365.
- Step 1: Select Outlook Integration and Sync from Setup, then enter Outlook in the Quick Find box.
- Step 2:Check the Allow settings so that users could view Salesforce records from their Outlook inboxes.
- Step 3: If your reps use Outlook on the web, add the domains you want to provide Salesforce access to in the Microsoft Outlook Office 65 Web App Domain area.
Turn on the Salesforce access from the Office 365 Outlook web application if you utilize Office 365. Add those domains to grant access if you’re using custom Outlook for web domains.
Install Salesforce for Gmail
Go to your Salesforce account, use the Type field on the Event object to provide the Sales Representatives a drop-down menu to choose Gmail integration. They can choose from a list of event kinds to classify the event they’re reporting if the field is visible. Customize the picklist values in the Type box to reflect the various sorts of communications in your company.
- Step 1: In your Salesforce account, locate the Event object in Setup’s Object Manager. Select Type from Field & Relationships. Select Edit in Field Information, then set Field Usage to Active and any other field information that your system requires. Save the changes.
- Step 2: Select Set Field-Level Security from the Field Information menu. Allow users and profiles who log events from the integration to see the field. Save the changes.
- Step 3: Add, reorganize, or change the values you want to include as event type selections in Event Type Picklist Values. Save the values from the picklist.
Install Salesforce for Microsoft Exchange
To integrate Salesforce with Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft AppSource must be authorized by the Microsoft Exchange server to make Calls To and From Business Apps. Choose whether the integration add-on is installed on behalf of users by an Exchange Administrator or by Outlook Users directly from the Store. Users who install the add-on themselves will require access to the store.
You can also use a file downloaded from the Outlook Integration and Sync page in Salesforce setup to install the add-on.
Salesforce for Outlook vs Outlook Integration
Salesforce for Outlook, as you may be aware, has several limitations. Despite Salesforce’s encouragement for customers to migrate to Lightning for Outlook (also known as Salesforce Outlook Integration) once the program is retired, Lighting for Outlook requires Outlook 2013 for Windows. Many users have complained that the integration is slow to load and has numerous issues.
Another thing to keep in mind is that some sorts of data, such as opportunities, calls, and meetings, are not synced by Salesforce Outlook Integration. That means you’ll have to hop back and forth between Salesforce and Outlook to retrieve the data you need.
This detailed guide provided insights into Salesforce Outlook Integration. It usually helps when you understand how to carry out the procedures laid above, however, it can be complicated if you don’t have API knowledge and are not vested with the right skills. Not to worry, there is a simpler way to manage this using Hevo Data.
Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Hevo Data provides its users with a simpler platform for integrating data from 100+ sources such as Salesforce for Analysis. It is a No-code Data Pipeline that can help you combine data from multiple sources. You can use it to transfer data from multiple data sources into your Data Warehouse, Database, or a destination of your choice. It helps transfer data from Salesforce to a destination of your choice for free. It provides you with a consistent and reliable solution to managing data in real-time, ensuring that you always have Analysis-ready data in your desired destination.
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand. You can also have a look at our unbeatable pricing that will help you choose the right plan for your business needs!
Share your experience of learning about Salesforce Outlook Integration! Let us know in the comments section below!