In today’s data-driven world, organizations across the globe are hunting for ways to gather more data related to various fields like Finance, Sales, Marketing, Consumer information, and many more. Sharing data with partner organizations becomes a laborious and time-consuming task if carried out manually. Salesforce provides an integration solution named Salesforce to Salesforce that addresses this challenge by automating the Records transfer process.
This article will provide a comprehensive understanding of Salesforce to Salesforce integration and how it can be deployed to make the data transfer process effortless. The article will also mention the advantages organizations have while using Salesforce to Salesforce over other third-party solutions.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Salesforce
- Services Offered by Salesforce
- Understanding Salesforce to Salesforce
- Steps to Set Up Salesforce to Salesforce
- Steps to Share Records from Salesforce to Salesforce
- Advantages of Sharing Records from Salesforce to Salesforce
- Tips for Effectively Using Salesforce to Salesforce
- Understanding of Salesforce.
- A Salesforce Account.
- Understanding of Integration among applications.
Introduction to Salesforce
Salesforce is a United States-based global Cloud computing company that specializes in providing Customer Relationship Management (CRM) solutions to its clients. It is the world’s most popular CRM platform used by many industry-leading companies like Canon, Spotify, L’Oreal, Walmart, Unilever, Berkshire Hathaway, and more. According to Salesforce, its services aid in bringing companies and customers together. Salesforce’s Cloud service helps companies automate various vital business processes, including Sales, Marketing, Customer Service, and many more.
The tools and services offered by Salesforce enable its clients to effectively manage and optimize their workflow in order to increase revenue generation. Salesforce has brought in many innovations in the CRM domain that have helped numerous companies to upscale their operations globally. Salesforce also provides industry-specific CRM tools like Health Cloud, Media Cloud, Experience Cloud that cater to the varied needs of enterprises operating in different industries. The company was founded in San Francisco by Halsey Minor, Marc Benioff, and Parker Harris in the year 1999.
You can explore more about Salesforce, here.
Services Offered by Salesforce
The world’s most popular CRM platform, Salesforce, offers numerous services to its clients that help them accelerate their business growth. Below mentioned are a few notable Salesforce services.
1) Salesforce Sales Cloud
Salesforce Sales Cloud is a software as a service application that enables businesses to automate critical Sales operations. It comes with various utility features such as key metrics and reports generator that helps Sales representatives to interact with audiences to increase sales effectively. The platform allows users to store all organizational data, including Leads, Opportunities, Campaigns, and Fund Grants on Cloud Servers, making it easier for users to access essential data through multiple platforms from any part of the world.
Salesforce and powered Sales Cloud with features like customer history tracking, automated customized emails, real-time text suggestions, and many more to give sales representatives more information regarding a lead that enables them to provide a personalized customer experience.
2) Salesforce Einstein
Salesforce Einstein is an Artificial Intelligence-powered tool that can be integrated with the Salesforce CRM platform. Once integrated, Einstein is capable of generating various predictive Analytics that help businesses better strategize their campaigns. Salesforce Einsteins analyze the collected data from actions taken by Customers and Sales representatives to generate accurate forecasts regarding Sales and Customer satisfaction.
The tool also scrutinizes individual customer profiles to assign them a score that helps sales representatives to prioritize engaging customers who have a better chance of making a purchase. Salesforce Einstein is capable of recognizing the difference in actions taken by Sales Agents that resulted in successful and failed sales attempts. The product was launched by Einstein General Manager John Ball during the Dreamforce conference in 2016.
3) Salesforce Commerce Cloud
Salesforce Commerce Cloud is an E-Commerce specific CRM platform that helps B2C-centric businesses seamlessly sell their products online. Commerce Cloud comes with many nifty features like Performance Tracking and key Metrics generation to boost business growth. It is a mobile-friendly platform that can manage Orders, Exchanges, Returns, and Updates that enables companies to provide a customized shopping experience to their customers.
4) Salesforce Open CTI
Open CTI offers many features like click to dial, voicemail drop, call logging, and many more that help to increase the productivity of Sales representatives. It also has a pop-up customer information feature that collects and displays all the relevant customer data on-screen while Sales reps make calls. This feature helps companies to stir impactful conversations with audiences to increase Sales changes.
Understanding Salesforce to Salesforce
Salesforce to Salesforce is a feature provided by the company that allows users to share records between companies using Salesforce. It allows uninterrupted syncing of data including, Leads, Accounts, Opportunities, and Custom Objects between two Salesforce accounts. This feature particularly comes in handy during Mergers and Acquisitions. Users get access to all the sharing activity, manage Pipelines, integrate business processes with the latest updates using Workflow, and Assignment rules.
Simplify Data Analysis with Hevo’s No-code Data Pipeline
Hevo Data, a No-code Data Pipeline, helps load data from any data source such as Databases, SaaS applications, Cloud Storage, SDK,s, and Streaming Services and simplifies the ETL process. It supports 100+ Data Sources including 30+ Free Sources such as Salesforce. It is a 3-step process by just selecting the data source, providing valid credentials, and choosing the destination. Hevo loads the data onto the desired Data Warehouse/destination and enriches the data and transforms it into an analysis-ready form without having to write a single line of code.
Its completely automated pipeline offers data to be delivered in real-time without any loss from source to destination. Its fault-tolerant and scalable architecture ensure that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss and supports different forms of data. The solutions provided are consistent and work with different BI tools as well.GET STARTED WITH HEVO FOR FREE
Check out why Hevo is the Best:
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled securely and consistently with zero data loss.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Minimal Learning: Hevo, with its simple and interactive UI, is extremely simple for new customers to work on and perform operations.
- Hevo Is Built To Scale: As the number of sources and the volume of your data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Incremental Data Load: Hevo allows the transfer of data that has been modified in real-time. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow and check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Simplify your Data Analysis with Hevo today!SIGN UP HERE FOR A 14-DAY FREE TRIAL!
Steps to Set Up Salesforce to Salesforce
Before setting up, it should be noted that once activated, the feature can not be disabled. In order to deactivate Salesforce to Salesforce, the subscription has to be canceled. Below mentioned are the steps to activate Salesforce to Salesforce.
- Open Salesforce to Salesforce Settings from the menu.
- Press the Edit button.
- Select the Enable option and then click Save as shown below.
Steps to Share Records from Salesforce to Salesforce
The feature must be activated by both organizations to share Records with each other. Following the below-mentioned steps, Records can be seamlessly shared using Salesforce to Salesforce.
- Click on the Contacts button and select New Contacts.
- Add a valid email address to add a new contact.
- Click on the Customize My Tab button and add connections to your tab.
- Click on Connections and then select the New Connection option.
- Send an invitation to contacts, select the connection owner. Then choose between Accounts or Templates and press the Send button as shown below.
- For publishing objects, click on the Connections button.
- Then Select Salesforce to Salesforce connection.
- Visit the Published Objects related list and select Publish or Unpublish as shown below.
- Select the desired objects and press Save.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to receive data from partner Salesforce organization.
- Visit the Connections page on Salesforce
- Choose the desired Salesforce to Salesforce connection and pick Subscribe or Unsubscribe from the Subscribed Object related list.
- Select the required object to your Salesforce organization and click Save.
- Now click on Connections again choose the desired Salesforce to Salesforce connection.
- Click on the Edit button in the Subscribed Object-related list.
- Choose required Fields in the menu and click Save.
Advantages of Sharing Records from Salesforce to Salesforce
Migrating or sharing Records between companies used to be a complicated procedure that required a lot of time to be executed. Salesforce to Salesforce helps business partners work together seamlessly by sharing relevant data between their Salesforce accounts. Below mentioned are a few key advantages that organizations have while using Salesforce to Salesforce.
1) Increased Efficiency
Salesforce to Salesforce automates all the data transfer tasks that enable employees to focus more on productive operations. Seamless data transfer also allows early access to critical data like Sales opportunities and Finance information that increases the efficiency of workflow within partner organizations.
2) Unified Access to Data
Salesforce to Salesforce allows users to access all the relevant data through one unified platform that reduces the time consumed in searching for information. With this feature, users have the opportunity to stay logged in to one framework and access all the necessary organizational data.
3) Better Insights
The quality of insights depends on the amount of data available for data models to process. Salesforce to Salesforce provides data models access to vast amounts of data from 2 organizations that results in better reports and insight generation. Hence the feature also helps to increase revenue generation and provide a better customer experience.
4) Easy to Use
Salesforce to Salesforce does not require users to have any knowledge of coding to automate the data transfer process. It comes with a user-friendly click-to-action interface that lets users share data between partner organizations easily.
Tips for Effectively Using Salesforce to Salesforce
Salesforce to Salesforce integration allows seamless data transfer between companies. But in order to operate it to its full potential, users must use it effectively.
- It becomes difficult for large-scale companies to approve record edits for hundreds of shared objects on a daily basis. To tackle this challenge, Salesforce has provided a feature called Auto-Accept. Enabling this feature drastically reduces the workload on employees as it automates the process of accepting changes that also helps to reduce the time consumed in the data transfer process.
- It should be noted that while sharing data using Salesforce to Salesforce, users must make sure that they adhere to laws like General Data Protection Regulation and California Consumer Privacy Act to ensure complete security of customer data. Non-compliance to these norms may invite troubles in the future.
In a nutshell, Salesforce to Salesforce is a very useful integration of partner organizations or companies going through a merger or acquisition process. Efficiently using this tool helps businesses reduce data transfer time and increase productivity. Salesforce is one of the most trusted companies working in the Cloud computing domain. Hence companies that opt to use Salesforce to Salesforce will not regret their choice.
Moreover, extracting complex data from a diverse set of data sources like Salesforce, and other CRMs is quite challenging and may be cumbersome, however, a simpler alternative like Hevo is the right solution for you!VISIT OUR WEBSITE TO EXPLORE HEVO
Hevo Data is a No-Code Data Pipeline that offers a faster way to move data from 100+ Data Sources including 30+ Free Sources such as Salesforce, into your Data Warehouse to be visualized in a BI tool. Hevo is fully automated and hence does not require you to code.
Want to take Hevo for a spin?
Share your experience of sharing Records from Salesforce to Salesforce in the comments section below!