Salesforce helps organizations build a holistic view of their customers. As a result, businesses generate more Leads, make more data-driven decisions and multiply their chances of success and growth. Delivering an adequate Customer Experience might have been enough before the pandemic. However, as Customer Expectations grew in tandem with the global pandemic, businesses around the world were forced to quickly reassess their efforts.
Using technology to meet Customer Expectations has never been more important, and it provides businesses with the tools they need to provide excellent support to customers who call them on the phone. Vonage is one such Cloud-based Phone Service that helps businesses to ensure exceptional customer experiences. Owing to these features a Salesforce Vonage Integration makes absolute sense.
Upon a complete walkthrough of this article, you will gain a decent understanding of Salesforce and Vonage. You will also learn about the steps involved in setting up Salesforce Vonage Integration in a seamless manner. Read along to learn more about Salesforce Vonage Integration!
Table of Contents
- An active Salesforce account.
- An active Vonage account.
Introduction to Salesforce
Salesforce is one of the most widely used Cloud-based CRM (Customer Relationship Management) software that helps companies manage their Sales and Customer data. In addition, it has tools to adapt the integrated functionalities such as User Interfaces and Data Structures according to the business requirements.
As the Salesforce CRM Platform is completely Cloud-based, it offers the users tremendous Flexibility and Scalability. Salesforce also serves as an important data source for several Analytical Tools and Data Warehouses. Salesforce offers a variety of built-in applications that are used by various departments in a company such as Sales, Marketing, Analytics, and more.
Salesforce automates repetitive daily tasks for administrators allowing them to focus on more strategic business activities. It is a holistic solution for companies that want to easily manage customer data from different channels such as Email, Chat, and Social Media. Salesforce allows you to design Sales Pipelines and Marketing Campaigns that will automatically track Leads, Manage Contacts and Generate Reports for further analysis.
Key Features of Salesforce
Some of the key features of Salesforce are as follows:
- Accessibility: Salesforce is a Cloud-based software that makes it easy to access even from a remote location with an active Internet connection. In addition, Salesforce has a mobile phone app that makes it very convenient to use.
- Account Planning: Salesforce provides a sufficient amount of data on each Lead so that your Sales team can tailor their approach for each prospect. This increases your chances of success and the customer also gets a personalized experience.
- Effective: Salesforce is convenient to use, and companies can customize it according to the business requirements, making it the first choice for any business when it comes to Customer Management.
- Content Management: Businesses can use Salesforce to easily manage all of their Social Media or other content that they wish to publish or post, and get information from popular Social Media Sites like Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and more.
- Quick Installation: Traditional CRMs can take months and years to become fully functional and to be deployed whereas Salesforce CRM can be deployed in a span of just a few weeks.
- Analytics and Forecasting: Salesforce provides the users with intuitive and customizable Dashboards that can help monitor various Performance Indicators and take better and smart data-driven decisions.
- Campaign Management: Campaign Management in Salesforce helps improve Marketing Programs that focus on generating better Leads with Campaign Programs. Examples of Campaign Programs are Advertisements, Emails, Seminars, Events, Telemarketing (making customer calls), etc.
Introduction to Vonage
Vonage Business Communications, formerly known as Vonage Business Cloud, is an all-in-one platform that combines Voice, Text Messaging, Video Conferencing, Team Collaboration, and other features into a single User Interface. There are 3 distinct plans available, each with its own set of unified communications features.
Apart from business phone services, the company offers Contact Center solutions, and many developers use its Application Program Interfaces (APIs) to customize communications systems for their businesses.
Key Features of Vonage
Some of the salient features of Vonage are as follows:
- Vonage operates its own Carrier-Grade Network, which is linked to major carriers in the United States and tier-one networks around the world. This means you can speak directly to anyone on the phone with impressive clarity.
- Vonage houses a user-friendly interface that makes it easy to use.
- Users with higher-tier plans can integrate third-party applications with Vonage to improve business communications without leaving the Vonage platform. Integrating Vonage with CRM software such as Salesforce, and HubSpot can also help you better serve existing customers and acquire new ones. Later in this article, you will learn about the steps involved in performing Salesforce Vonage integration.
Hevo Data, a No-code Data Pipeline helps to load data from any data source such as Databases, SaaS applications, Cloud Storage, SDKs, and Streaming Services and simplifies the ETL process. It supports 100+ data sources (including 40+ free sources) and is a 3-step process by just selecting the data source, providing valid credentials, and choosing the destination. Hevo loads the data onto the desired Data Warehouse, enriches the data, and transforms it into an analysis-ready form without writing a single line of code. It helps transfer data from Salesforce to a destination of your choice for free.
Its completely Automated Data Pipeline offers data to be delivered in real-time without any loss from source to destination. Its fault-tolerant and scalable architecture ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss and supports different forms of data. The solutions provided are consistent and work with different Business Intelligence (BI) tools as well.
Get Started with Hevo for free
Check out why Hevo is the Best:
Sign up here for a 14-day Free Trial!
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Connectors: Hevo supports 100+ data sources and integrations to SaaS platforms such as Salesforce, files, databases, analytics, and BI tools. It supports various destinations including Google BigQuery, Amazon Redshift, Snowflake, and Firebolt Data Warehouses; Amazon S3 Data Lakes; and MySQL, MongoDB, TokuDB, DynamoDB, PostgreSQL databases to name a few.
- Minimal Learning: Hevo, with its simple and interactive UI, is extremely simple for new customers to work on and perform operations.
- Hevo Is Built To Scale: As the number of sources and the volume of your data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Incremental Data Load: Hevo allows the transfer of data that has been modified in real-time. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow and check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Steps to Set up Salesforce Vonage Integration
Now that you have a basic understanding of Salesforce and Vonage, you are ready to learn about the steps involved in performing Salesforce Vonage Integration. Follow the steps given below to set up Salesforce Vonage Integration from scratch:
Step 1: Install Vonage Integration Suite
The first step involved in setting up Salesforce Vonage Integration requires you to download the Vonage Integration Suite. It is a browser extension that is used to connect Vonage with third-party applications. You can install the Voyage Integration Suite on any browser of your choice. The installation process of this extension is moreover the same for every browser. Follow the steps given below to install the Vonage Integration Suite for Google Chrome:
- Click here to get redirected to the Google Chrome Web Store page.
- Click on the Add to Chrome button to install the Vonage Integration Suite extension.
- Once you click on the Add to Chrome button, a small pop-up window will prompt you to grant the permissions to add the connector. Click on Add Extension to do so.
- Once the extension is installed on your browser, chrome will add a small “V” icon next to your URL bar.
Step 2: Activate Vonage using Activation Code
The second step in performing Salesforce Vonage Integration primarily revolves around activating and setting up the Vonage account.
- Click on the V icon from the list of extensions installed on your browser.
- Click on the Setup with Code configuration box.
- Enter the Activation Code that you received via Email and click on SUBMIT.
- Once the registration is complete, sign In to your Salesforce account by entering the appropriate credentials to authenticate and allow access for the Salesforce Vonage Integration.
Step 3: Update Workflow Settings
Once you have activated the Vonage Integration Suite, you will need to update some workflow settings in Salesforce to set up Salesforce Vonage Integration. Follow the steps given below to do so:
- Open the Integration Panel on the Vonage Integration Suite and click on the Web Page icon located at the top right of the page.
- Click on My Account.
- Next, click on the Salesforce button and enable the following settings to perform Salesforce Vonage Integration:
- Automatic Call Logging to Salesforce: This setting will automatically log the Vonage calls to Salesforce if a single match for the phone number is found.
- Default Comments: This setting allows comments associated with auto-logged calls to be updated with call data such as Call Duration, Call Time Stamp, Call Direction, and more.
Step 4: Add a Salesforce Contact or Lead
When there is no match for a dialed or received phone number, a ‘+’ button will appear on the right side of the Contact Name or Lead Name in the Call Noting window on the Salesforce tab. For the new Contact or Lead input, the following fields will be displayed by default:
Additional fields will be displayed based on the “view” selected. To switch views, open the drop-down menu, present at the bottom of the call recording window, and select your role. When finished, save by clicking the CREATE or CREATE AND CLOSE button. The new name will be added to Salesforce immediately and will replace the phone number in the Panel Call History and Panel Favorites tabs.
Salesforce Vonage Integration allows businesses to create exceptional customer experiences and be more effective across every channel. This article provided you a step-by-step guide to set up Salesforce Vonage Integration from scratch. Integrating and analyzing your data from a diverse set of data sources can be challenging and this is where Hevo Data comes into the picture.
Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Hevo Data provides its users with a simpler platform for integrating data from 100+ sources such as Salesforce for Analysis. It is a No-code Data Pipeline that can help you combine data from multiple sources. You can use it to transfer data from multiple data sources into your Data Warehouse, Database, or a destination of your choice. It also helps transfer data from Salesforce to a destination of your choice for free. It provides you with a consistent and reliable solution to managing data in real-time, ensuring that you always have Analysis-ready data in your desired destination.
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand. You can also have a look at our unbeatable pricing that will help you choose the right plan for your business needs!
Share your experience of learning about Salesforce Vonage Integration! Let us know in the comments section below!