Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platforms are very common in businesses as they help them to manage Customer Relationships and all the data about them better. They were discovered 30 years ago, but today, CRM software has become very powerful and complex. Nearly every business is in need of CRM software, but choosing the right CRM software from the list of the many available options can be daunting.
HubSpot and Salesforce are two top-rated CRM platforms. They provide large sales teams with robust solutions that can scale well. If you are looking for a CRM platform for your business, you may find yourself stuck between these two options.
In this article, you will be introduced to Salesforce and HubSpot. You will also understand the critical factors that drive Salesforce vs Hubspot decision. You will then be able to know the most suitable one for your business.
Table of Contents
Introduction to Salesforce
Salesforce is a CRM platform that helps to bring companies and customers together. It’s an integrated CRM platform that gives all your company departments a single, shared view of each customer.
Before Salesforce, companies had to host their CRM solutions on their own server. Due to this, businesses incurred huge costs and took a lot of time to have their own CRM solutions. Even after setting up a CRM solution, it was not easy to use it. However, the introduction of Salesforce changed everything. It delivers affordable CRM software completely online as a service.
The idea behind Salesforce was to do away with the lengthy installation process for CRM software and move everything to the cloud. A Salesforce account is needed for you to be able to use Salesforce services.
To explore Salesforce, visit the official website here.
Introduction to HubSpot
HubSpot is a platform used by businesses to interact with their Customers, Leads, and Evangelists. It comes with tools that businesses can use for Sales, Marketing, and Services. These tools can also assist businesses in hosting their Websites and Landing pages, creating Email sequences and Blogs, and managing their interactions with Customers and Leads. Businesses can also use HubSpot to analyze the success of their Marketing Campaigns and track the behaviour of their users.
Key Features of HubSpot
- Enterprises can use HubSpot’s drag and drop functionality to create their websites, which would save them from recruiting a Designer or IT support team to look after the creating & functioning of their websites.
- HubSpot’s website builder helps enterprises to personalize content for every web visitor and publish mobile-friendly content.
- HubSpot helps enterprises to enhance Organic Search results by providing a tool for Discovering, Tracking, and Organizing keywords.
- Clicks, Impressions, and ROI (Return On Investment) for the enterprises from the digital ad campaigns can be measured using HubSpot.
- Email Marketing Campaigns can be created and personalized using HubSpot and their performances can also be tracked.
- The data generated while using HubSpot is a rich source of information, that businesses can use for decision-making.
To learn more about HubSpot, visit here.
Hevo Data, a No-code Data Pipeline, helps load data from any data source such as Databases, SaaS applications, Cloud Storage, SDK,s, and Streaming Services and simplifies the ETL process. It supports 100+ data sources including 30+ free data sources such as Salesforce, HubSpot, etc. and is a 3-step process by just selecting the data source, providing valid credentials, and choosing the destination. Hevo loads the data onto the desired Data Warehouse/destination and enriches the data and transforms it into an analysis-ready form without having to write a single line of code.
Its completely automated pipeline offers data to be delivered in real-time without any loss from source to destination. Its fault-tolerant and scalable architecture ensure that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss and supports different forms of data. The solutions provided are consistent and work with different BI tools as well.
GET STARTED WITH HEVO FOR FREE
Check out why Hevo is the Best:
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled securely and consistently with zero data loss.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Minimal Learning: Hevo, with its simple and interactive UI, is extremely simple for new customers to work on and perform operations.
- Hevo Is Built To Scale: As the number of sources and the volume of your data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Incremental Data Load: Hevo allows the transfer of data that has been modified in real-time. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow and check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Simplify your Data Analysis with Hevo today!
SIGN UP HERE FOR A 14-DAY FREE TRIAL!
Factors that Drive Salesforce vs HubSpot Decision
In this section, you will understand the critical factors responsible to take Salesforce vs HubSpot decision.
1) Salesforce vs HubSpot: User Interface and Setup
Salesforce User Interface and Setup
Salesforce provides many options for the customization of menus and users can add tabs for items like Files, Quotes, Sales Groups, and Tasks alongside the standard tabs. If your organization is complex, this will be an invaluable experience. Salesforce customers also get a dedicated account manager and an implementation specialist who will take time to ensure that the user experience is optimized to meet your needs.
HubSpot User Interface and Setup
On the other hand, you can set up HubSpot in many cases within a matter of minutes since its basic version is free and doesn’t require you to go through the Sales process, signing a Contract, or making an initial Payment. Thus, HubSpot is easier to pick up with than Salesforce.
2) Salesforce vs HubSpot: Pricing
Salesforce uses the traditional Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) model and charges companies a monthly subscription fee based on the number of users who will be using the system. Its cheapest plan costs $25/user/month and allows a maximum of five users. After that, the price increases with the provided features. The highest plan costs $300/user/month with advanced features such as AI-based lead scoring.
Its basic CRM is free for an unlimited number of users. However, to get advanced features, you must make a purchase. For example, you will be required to pay $200/month for custom reporting and $1,200/month for features like Predictive Lead Scoring, and Recurring Revenue Tracking.
Thus, although Salesforce will be expensive upfront, HubSpot add-ons may be expensive later if you need to scale.
3) Salesforce vs HubSpot: Dashboards and Reporting
Salesforce Dashboards and Reporting
Salesforce offers a greater reporting functionality than HubSpot because its report creator has a high number of variables. It also offers a drag and drops functionality within the Report Creator, and the ability to convert reports into attractive Dashboards.
Salesforce provides a high number of options that you can use to visualize your data on the Dashboard, including Pie Charts, Funnels, Odometers, and more.
HubSpot Dashboards and Reporting
It also offers a drag and drop feature within its Report Creator tool. Its basic CRM only contains pre-configured Reports for Sales Pipelines and Sales activities. Its premium Reporting package has a limit of 200 Dashboards and far fewer customizations than Salesforce.
4) Salesforce vs HubSpot: Integrations
Salesforce users can get apps for integration at AppExchange. Here, they can find more than 3,400 apps and integrations to help them extend Salesforce. You can also use the services of a developer to create custom Integrations.
HubSpot has an app Marketplace with 500+ out-of-the-box Integrations that you can set up easily with the other apps you use frequently like Mailchimp, Jira, and Slack. HubSpot also allows you to hire Developers to create custom Integrations for you.
5) Salesforce vs HubSpot: Support and Training
Salesforce Support and Training
Salesforce customers get a standard Support package that includes access to customer success communities and the permission to create product support tickets with a two-day response time. Its premium plan offers 24/7 Phone Support, one-hour response for critical issues, and a dedicated success Manager.
HubSpot Support and Training
HubSpot CRM will also provide the same basic Helpdesk Support, Customer Success, Premium Support, and Technical assistance, but they may come at an additional cost. A remote onboarding session will cost you around $1,500, while in-depth Support sessions about complex customization issues will cost upwards of $5,000. Basic product issues receive a response of around 24 hours, even for free users.
In this article, you learned about Salesforce and HubSpot. You also understood the key factors that drive Salesforce vs HubSpot decision.
VISIT OUR WEBSITE TO EXPLORE HEVO
Extracting complex data from a diverse set of data sources like HubSpot, Salesforce can be a challenging task and this is where Hevo saves the day! Hevo Data offers a faster way to move data from 100+ sources including 30+ Free Sources like HubSpot and Salesforce into your Data Warehouse to be visualized in a BI tool. Hevo is fully automated and hence does not require you to code.
Want to take Hevo for a spin?
SIGN UP and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand. You can also have a look at the unbeatable pricing that will help you choose the right plan for your business needs.
Share your experience of understanding the critical that drive Salesforce vs HubSpot in the comments section below!