Businesses around the world struggle with integrating their customer data across various departments such as Sales, Marketing, Accounting, Service, IT, etc. Building, installing, and maintaining legacy Customer Relationship Management (CRM) applications takes countless hours, effort, and investment. In the era of Cloud Computing, Web-based SaaS applications such as Salesforce provide a unified solution for all the CRM challenges.
Salesforce is a leading CRM tool allowing enterprises to efficiently connect with their customers and manage the customer data to provide a better user experience and boost growth. Salesforce can also effortlessly integrate with 3rd party apps. Salesforce Webex Integration is one of the most intuitive integrations that allows you to quickly connect with your customers via Webex while staying on Salesforce.
In this article, you will learn how to effectively set up Salesforce Webex Integration for your business.
Table of Contents
Introduction to Salesforce
Salesforce is an excellent CRM platform for businesses to make their customer data flow fluid across all the departments. Founded in 1999, Salesforce has evolved over time and offers a wide variety of software products and services. Apart from the CRM application, Sales Cloud provides assistance to a firms’ Sales Team, Service Cloud for Customer Support, Marketing Cloud for Digital Marketing, etc.
Since all of these are built on a single platform, you can effortlessly work with one another. This completely Online service provides On-demand scaling eliminating any infrastructure and maintenance costs when compared to in-house legacy software. The Real-Time Analytics capabilities allow businesses to understand customer needs, analyse business performance and grow their customer base at a much faster rate. You can also build and manage apps for your business in just a few clicks by using the Salesforce Lightning App builder.
Introduction to Webex
Webex is a Web-Conferencing platform managed and maintained by Cisco. Webex allows you to host or participate in an Online/Virtual meeting and comes with a suite of Cloud Collaboration Tools. It provides live screen sharing, file sharing, messaging, and on-screen whiteboard. You can also host Webinars on Webex Events with up to 3000 participants and enjoy features such as live polls, Q&A, and text chat.
Completely eliminating the need to meet in person, this productivity tool allows you to quickly connect with people across continents at the click of a button. Webex Calling allows voice calls to any device with your business number using Voice over IP technology. For beginners, the Webex Teams is absolutely free with a participant limit of 50 and a meeting time cap of 40 minutes.
Hevo Data is a No-code Data Pipeline that offers a fully managed solution to set up Data Integration for Salesforce and 100+ Data Sources (Including 30+ Free Sources) and will let you directly load data from Salesforce to a Data Warehouse or the Destination of your choice for free. It will automate your data flow in minutes without writing any line of code. Its fault-tolerant architecture makes sure that your data is secure and consistent. Hevo provides you with a truly efficient and fully automated solution to manage data in real-time and always have analysis-ready data.
Get Started with Hevo for Free
Let’s look at some of the salient features of Hevo:
Sign up here for a 14-Day Free Trial!
- Fully Managed: It requires no management and maintenance as Hevo is a fully automated platform.
- Data Transformation: It provides a simple interface to perfect, modify, and enrich the data you want to transfer.
- Real-Time: Hevo offers real-time data migration. So, your data is always ready for analysis.
- Schema Management: Hevo can automatically detect the schema of the incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Connectors: Hevo supports 100+ integrations to SaaS platforms (Including Free Sources like Salesforce), files, Databases, analytics, and BI tools. It supports various destinations including Google BigQuery, Amazon Redshift, Snowflake Data Warehouses; Amazon S3 Data Lakes; and MySQL, SQL Server, TokuDB, DynamoDB, PostgreSQL Databases to name a few.
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Hevo Is Built To Scale: As the number of sources and the volume of your data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Live Monitoring: Advanced monitoring gives you a one-stop view to watch all the activities that occur within pipelines.
- Live Support: Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
- An active Salesforce account with admin privileges.
- An active Cisco Developer account.
- Webex Admin Permissions.
5 Critical Aspects of Salesforce Webex Integration
With Salesforce Webex Integration, you don’t need to switch back and forth between Salesforce and Webex for meetings. Salesforce Webex Integration allows you to conduct meetings and send messages within Salesforce on the fly.
Let’s understand the following 5 critical aspects to effectively setup Salesforce Webex Integration:
1. Installing the Salesforce Webex App
Firstly, download the latest Salesforce Webex App package from the Release Notes page. Now, follow the simple steps given below to install the Salesforce Webex App:
- Step 1: Login to your Salesforce account using your user credentials.
- Step 2: Click on the Install for Admins only and tick the I Acknowledge checkpoint.
- Step 3: Click on the Install option.
- Step 4: Now, on the Allow Third-Party Access Dialog box, click on the Yes, grant access to these third-party websites. Click on the Continue button to install the package.
- Step 5: After successful installation, search for Webex Admin in Salesforce. Open this tab as it will be used at a later stage.
2. Authorizing the Salesforce Webex Integration
To authorize Salesforce Webex Integration, login to your Cisco Webex account and follow the easy steps given below:
- Step 1: Navigate to API Reference > People > Get My Own Details and copy the access token for authorizing the integration.
- Step 2: Go to the Webex Admin Tab you opened earlier. In Webex Integration Settings, paste the above token in the Access Token field. Finally, click on the Register button.
- Step 3: To check if the registration was successful, you can again paste the Access token in the field. A client ID will appear, confirming the authorization.
3. Site Creation for Calling
Now, you can move towards adding calling functionality for Salesforce through Webex. To do this, follow these simple steps:
- Step 1: Go to the Webex Admin Tab and Click on the Create Site option.
- Step 2: To check if the Site has been created, navigate to Salesforce Setup > Domain and Sites > Sites. A site named “Webex for Salesforce” should be present there.
- Step 3: Now, in the Webex Admin Tab click on the Update Profile button.
- Step 4: Validate that the “Webex for Salesforce Profile” linked with the “Webex for Salesforce” site has access to the Apex Classes shown below.
4. Configuring Webex Features
After creating a site in Webex, you need to configure the Webex Features in Salesforce. To do this accurately, follow the easy steps below:
- Step 1: In your Salesforce environment, click on the Setup option (⚙️) present in the top right corner.
- Step 2: On the Setup page, search for App Manager and choose the desired applications to which you want to add the Webex features. In Salesforce Webex Integration, only the Lightning Apps support the Webex features.
- Step 3: Click on the Edit Page option (⚙️) from the top right and add the desired feature to your apps by a simple drag and drop. Webex offers various components such as Home Pod, Meetings, Spaces, Meeting Calendar Services, and Webex Chat.
- Step 4: Finally, from the App Manager select the desired application and select Edit option from the ▼ icon on the right. Click on the Utility Items and then select Add Utility Items. Then select Webex.
- Step 5: Now, set Panel Width as 420 and Panel Height as 460. Click on Start automatically check box and then click on the Save button.
5. Set Access Permissions
The Webex components added to the Salesforce apps require the necessary access permission to function. To do this, follow these steps:
- Step 1: On your Salesforce platform, navigate to Salesforce Setup > Permission Sets. For Non-Webex Admin users, assign the Cisco Webex user permission set otherwise for Webex Admin users assign both Cisco Webex user and Cisco Webex Admin permission sets.
- Step 2: Now, login from the Webex Admin Login component on the Webex Admin Tab. The Webex widget will be now available in Salesforce.
The above 5 aspects are crucial to effectively set up Salesforce Webex Integration. For more information and tips on this process, you can visit the Webex Help Center.
In this article, you have learned how to efficiently set up Salesforce Webex Integration. Salesforce is a one-stop solution for seamlessly managing customer data and gaining important business insights. Salesforce provides support for various business teams such as Sales, Marketing, Customer Support, Analytics, etc via its pool of Cloud services. Building a Salesforce Webex Integration allows you to boost productivity by instantly accessing the amazing functionalities of Webex on the go.
As you apply the Salesforce Webex Integration for your business, your customer base will rise gradually. Massive volumes of data is generated associated with your customers, products, and services. Regular Handling and Integrating data from all the applications used in your enterprise becomes a time-consuming and tedious task. You would require to devote an immense part of your Engineering Bandwidth to Integrate, Clean, Transform and Load into your Data Warehouse for further business analysis. These challenges can be comfortably handled by a Cloud-Based ETL Tool like Hevo Data.
Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Hevo Data, a No-Code Data Pipeline helps you efficiently transfer data from various sources like Salesforce into a Data Warehouse or a Destination of your Choice for Free. It is a reliable, easy-to-use, fully automated, and secure service that doesn’t require you to write any code!
If you are using Salesforce as a CRM for your firm and searching for a No-Fuss alternative to Manual Data Integration, then Hevo can effectively automate this for you. Hevo with its strong integration with 100+ sources & BI tools (Including 30+ Free Sources like Salesforce), allows you to not only export & load Data but also transform & enrich your Data & make it analysis-ready.
Want to Take Hevo for a ride? Sign Up and simplify your Data Integration process. Check out the pricing details to get a better understanding of which plan suits you the most.
Share with us your experience of setting up the Salesforce Webex Integration. Let us know in the comments section below!