You might have come across terms/platforms like WordPress and Salesforce. Moreover, you might even have hands-on working on these platforms. However, have you ever thought about integrating your Salesforce to WordPress? Do you want to know how can you do it and why do you need the Salesforce WordPress Integration? If yes, then you have landed on the right page.
Salesforce is one of the most widely used Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platforms available that helps companies manage all their workflows with other apps and services in one place. It helps enterprises build a strong relationship with their customers. On the other hand, WordPress is the most popular Content Management System (CMS) for creating and hosting websites. You can improve your Marketing workflow and give your customers a pleasant browsing experience by integrating Salesforce with WordPress. By using Salesforce WordPress Integration you can connect your WordPress forms with Salesforce that will help your team to add Leads, Customers, and other Contacts to your CRM automatically.
In this article, you will be introduced to the key features of WordPress and Salesforce. Moving ahead in the article, you will understand the steps to set up Salesforce WordPress Integration using the Web-to-Lead plugin. At the end of the article, you will also explore some of the limitations associated with this plugin. So, read along to understand the significance of Salesforce WordPress Integration and dive deep into how you can automate your WordPress and Salesforce workflow seamlessly.
Table of Contents
To successfully set up Salesforce WordPress Integration you need to meet the following requirements:
- Basic Understanding of Salesforce.
- A Salesforce account with Admin rights.
- A WordPress Account.
Introduction to WordPress
WordPress is an Open-Source Platform for creating, publishing, and managing websites. It’s a straightforward and user-friendly solution that makes it simpler for Bloggers and Publishers to publish their content online. It was developed to be a Blog Content Management System (CMS), therefore it contains a lot of capabilities specialized to that use case.
One of the best features of WordPress is that it doesn’t require any prior coding knowledge to create and maintain a website. It has drag-and-drop tools for building a website from the base, as well as a vast selection of commercial and free themes covering almost every field. WordPress is search engine friendly, which means users may develop content that appeals to both visitors and search engines. You may use it to create anything like Blogging Sites, Corporate Portfolios, E-Commerce Websites, and much more.
Key Features of WordPress
WordPress enables no-code capabilities for website maintenance, and its user-friendly features attract a large number of Bloggers and Publishers. Some of the features of WordPress are listed below:
- Ease-of-Use: To design and maintain a WordPress website, you don’t need any technical knowledge. The Platform is easy to use and eliminates the hassle of starting from scratch when creating a website.
- Schedule Content: WordPress allows you to plan ahead of time by allowing you to schedule when new content will be published on your site. You can also store everything as a draft until you’re ready to publish it.
- Efficient SEO Optimization: WordPress ensures that your content is SEO (Search Engine Optimization) optimized and automatically generates numerous SEO Cues for your content.
- Multiple Staff Editors: You can add several editors and give them access to the website using WordPress. In this way, you may distribute responsibilities and allow different team members to develop material at the same time.
- Content Publishing Tools and Integrations: Using the publishing capabilities, users may swiftly contribute content to the website and schedule pieces as it allows you to drag and drop items into place. WordPress Plugins allow users to rapidly and easily incorporate third-party tools and other administrative services into their websites.
To learn more about WordPress, visit here.
Introduction to Salesforce
Salesforce is a Cloud-based enterprise platform that provides powerful business applications to enable customers to have a better experience. It’s a well-known Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform that allows you to communicate with Customers, Prospects, Partners, Sales, and Marketing services all over the world. In addition to Cloud services for running applications, Salesforce offers Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) solutions.
The Salesforce Cloud is well-known for its resiliency and ability to help businesses manage both external and internal interactions. It also allows for the planning and monitoring of Sales and Marketing Campaigns, as well as the management of services with the help of analytical and relevant data. Salesforce is the most well-known and successful company CRM software, with customers across a wide range of sectors. Customizable dashboards can be used by businesses to visualize reports and evaluate data. Salesforce assists businesses in automating their operations and improving client interactions through tailored emails and phone calls.
Key Features of Salesforce
Salesforce is one of the most prominent CRM platforms on the market, with its popularity skyrocketing in recent years. Salesforce has a number of advantages that entice businesses to adopt it. The following are some of Salesforce’s most essential features:
- Collaboration Tools: Salesforce collaboration features allow members of various teams to communicate in real-time. Through regular communication, each team is kept up to date on the progress of its partner teams.
- Dynamic Dashboards: Customers can use Salesforce to easily create Dashboards and real-time Reports. Salesforce’s Dynamic Dashboards display your business performance based on key metrics like Market Trends and Customer Behavior.
- Mobile App: Salesforce’s mobile app allows users to work from anywhere at any time. Even while traveling, users can keep an eye on the workflow, assign tasks, alter roles, and evaluate reports.
- Lead Nurturing: The lead nurturing process at Salesforce focuses on attracting clients who have abandoned carts or visited your website. It produces more sales by automatically sending E-Mails and newsletters to customers.
- Real-Time Analytics: Salesforce Analytics enables you to visualize your users’ data. When individuals are perplexed by complex data, Salesforce Analytics can help them organize it in a meaningful and intelligible manner.
To know more about Salesforce, visit this link.
Significance of Salesforce WordPress Integration
The combination of Salesforce CRM and WordPress is a highly robust Integration for enterprises. It is designed to gather information from potential consumers and to allow Salesforce to use that information to help businesses boost their Sales. Salesforce WordPress Integration offers a CRM plugin that makes it simple to record, categorize, and analyze your data.
The Salesforce WordPress plugin allows the user to gather Lead data via Email Tracking, Social Media data collection, Referrals, or Comment Tracking. Moreover, you need the WordPress Salesforce Integration to automate your data synchronization, so that you don’t need to manually enter consumer information from your website into CRM. In addition, your form submissions of your website are added to your Salesforce CRM as new contacts. As a result of the speedier responses to customer Leads, your Sales increase.
Hevo Data, a No-code Data Pipeline, helps load data from any data source such as Databases, SaaS applications, Cloud Storage, SDK,s, and Streaming Services and simplifies the ETL process. It supports 100+ Data Sources including 30+ Free Sources such as Salesforce. It is a 3-step process by just selecting the data source, providing valid credentials, and choosing the destination. Hevo loads the data onto the desired Data Warehouse/destination and enriches the data and transforms it into an analysis-ready form without having to write a single line of code.
Its completely automated pipeline offers data to be delivered in real-time without any loss from source to destination. Its fault-tolerant and scalable architecture ensure that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss and supports different forms of data. The solutions provided are consistent and work with different BI tools as well.
GET STARTED WITH HEVO FOR FREE
Check out why Hevo is the Best:
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled securely and consistently with zero data loss.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Minimal Learning: Hevo, with its simple and interactive UI, is extremely simple for new customers to work on and perform operations.
- Hevo Is Built To Scale: As the number of sources and the volume of your data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Incremental Data Load: Hevo allows the transfer of data that has been modified in real-time. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow and check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Simplify your Data Analysis with Hevo today!
SIGN UP HERE FOR A 14-DAY FREE TRIAL!
Steps to Set Up Salesforce WordPress Integration
Salesforce WordPress Integration can be done using the Brilliant Web-to-Lead Plugin. It’s not only a robust plugin, but it’s also the only one Salesforce recommends for use with the Web-to-Lead capability. So, let’s understand the steps below in detail to successfully integrate WordPress and Salesforce together.
Step 1: Install Salesforce WordPress Web-to-Lead Plugin
To start with your Salesforce WordPress Integration, you need to install your Brilliant Web-to-Lead Plugin. Follow the steps below to install the Salesforce WordPress plugin:
- Log in to your WordPress account and then go to Plugins in the sidebar as shown below.
- Next, on the top of the WordPress page, click on the Add New button. This will take you to a new page.
- Now, search for the Brilliant Web-to-Lead plugin in the Search Plugins box as shown below. Then click on Activate to activate your plugin.
Step 2: Enter Salesforce Organization ID in the Plugin
In this step, you need to configure your Salesforce WordPress Web-to-Lead plugin. You need to enter your Salesforce Organization ID to connect your Salesforce to WordPress. So, follow the steps below to find and enter your Salesforce Organization ID:
- Log in to your Salesforce account and go to Salesforce Dashboard.
- Next, click on the Settings icon on the top right of your screen and select Setup as shown below.
- Next, in your sidebar, go to Company Settings → Company Information and look for the Salesforce organization ID field and copy this ID as shown above. Or you can even search for Company Information in your quick find box.
- Now, go to your WordPress dashboard → Settings → Salesforce. Then select the Settings tab and enter your Salesforce Organization ID that you copied before as shown below.
- Save your entered information, by clicking on the Save WordPress-to-Lead Settings button.
Step 3: Customize your Form
You have successfully connected your plugin to Salesforce. However, now you need to create a new form or customize another. By default, after you connect your Brillant Web-to-Lead Plugin to Salesforce, it automatically creates a new form for you. So, follow the below steps to customize this form.
- Switch to the Forms tab and click on the My New Lead Form.
- Now, customize the form fields as per your requirements. You can add new fields, change the Operations, Type, Label, Order, and much more.
- Next, under the Form Settings, make sure the Web to Lead option is selected. After customizing your form, click Save Form.
Step 4: Embed your Form in WordPress
To embed the above-customized form into your WordPress content and manage your leads in Salesforce directly using Salesforce WordPress Integration, follow the steps below:
- Copy the Shortcode present on the right side of your form page in WordPress as shown below.
- Now, go to your WordPress Dashboard and create a new page or open an old page. Next, paste the form’s shortcode directly if you are using classic WordPress TinyMCE Editor, otherwise, if you are using the new WordPress Block Editor, then add a new Shortcode block and paste the shortcode as shown below.
- Next, you can either Publish or Schedule your page in WordPress.
Note: When a Lead enters the form, the form details are sent directly to Salesforce. You can find it under the Leads option in Salesforce as shown below.
You can also customize the Web-to-Lead plugin a bit. To do so, you can refer to the Documentation here.
Bravo! You have successfully set up the Salesforce WordPress Integration.
Limitations of Salesforce WordPress Integration
Salesforce WordPress Integration can undoubtedly expand your company’s possibilities and improve workflow efficiency. However, certain limitations are associated while using the Web-to-Lead plugin to connect WordPress to Salesforce.
- The Web-to-Lead form is believed to be difficult to customize. For instance, if you want to add custom designs to a Salesforce WordPress Web-to-Lead form, then you’ll have to manually add the design to the form’s HTML code after it’s placed on your site. Hence, this would necessitate engineering work as well as coding expertise.
- It also lacks advanced features that would lessen user friction. This means you won’t be able to run A/B testing on form elements, prefill forms for users, apply conditional logic, or set up third-party integrations, among other things.
- Finally, Salesforce limits you to 500 leads in a 24-hour period. If you go above that limit, Salesforce will email you the Web-to-Lead data as they arrive, forcing you to manually follow the leads.
To overcome the above limitations of the Salesforce WordPress plugin, you can try other free plugins or third-party plugins supported by WordPress and Salesforce.
In this article, you learned the key features of WordPress and Salesforce. Moreover, you understood the significance of Salesforce WordPress Integration. You also learned the steps to set up this Integration. Moreover, you also explored some of the limitations associated with Web-to-Lead to connect WordPress and Salesforce. However, you’ll be able to enjoy the best of both platforms using Salesforce WordPress Integration, allowing you to better connect, automate, and customize your business interactions.
VISIT OUR WEBSITE TO EXPLORE HEVO
Moreover, extracting complex data from a diverse set of data sources like Salesforce, and other CRMs is quite challenging and may be cumbersome, however, a simpler alternative like Hevo is the right solution for you! Hevo Data is a No-Code Data Pipeline that offers a faster way to move data from 100+ Data Sources including 30+ Free Sources such as Salesforce, into your Data Warehouse to be visualized in a BI tool. Hevo is fully automated and hence does not require you to code.
Want to take Hevo for a spin?
SIGN UP and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand. You can also have a look at the unbeatable pricing that will help you choose the right plan for your business needs.
Share your experience of setting up Salesforce WordPress Integration in the comments section below!