Serverless Framework AWS is an open-sourced project, popular among Amazon Web Services users who want to quickly build and deploy serverless applications using services such as AWS Lambda and Amazon API Gateway.
This may appear to contradict the broader serverless computing aims of agility and speed at first. However, many businesses discover that their agility and speed improve when they condense numerous alternatives for deploying AWS services into standardized and secure templates.
Companies that grow their AWS environment across developers and teams use preset standardized infrastructure templates to accelerate code deployment and reduce configuration time.
In this post, we will introduce you to Serverless Framework AWS and how they are collaborating to accelerate and simplify the code deployment process for their development teams.
Table of Contents
- What is AWS?
- What is Serverless Framework AWS?
- How does Serverless Framework AWS work?
- Benefits of Serverless Framework AWS
What is AWS?
Amazon Web Services, Inc. (AWS) is a subsidiary of Amazon that offers pay-as-you-go cloud computing platforms and APIs to consumers, businesses, and governments. These cloud computing web services provide distributed computing processing capability and software tools via AWS server farms. One of these services is Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), which provides users with a virtual cluster of computers that is always accessible via the Internet.
The majority of the characteristics of a real computer are emulated by AWS’s virtual computers, including hardware central processing units (CPUs) and graphics processing units (GPUs) for processing; local/RAM; hard-disk/SSD storage; a selection of operating systems; networking; and pre-installed application applications such as web servers, databases, and customer relationship management (CRM).
AWS services are delivered to customers via a global network of AWS server farms. Fees are calculated using a combination of consumption (a “Pay-as-you-go” model), subscriber-selected hardware, operating system, software, or networking features, as well as availability, redundancy, security, and service options.
Subscribers can purchase a single virtual AWS machine, a dedicated physical computer, or a combination of the two. Amazon provides some security to subscribers, but others are the subscriber’s responsibility (e.g. account management, vulnerability scanning, patching). AWS operates in numerous geographical zones worldwide, including six in North America.
Key Features of AWS
Here are a few notable Amazon AWS features:
- AWS Mobile Hub: AWS Mobile Hub directs you to the most relevant and appropriate features for your app. It includes a console that allows you to access AWS services such as mobile app creation, testing, and monitoring.
- Serverless Cloud Services: Amazon API and Amazon Gateway assist users in running and scaling their code. Users are not responsible for the servers because AWS manages the entire process.
- Databases: Amazon provides databases as needed, and they completely oversee the databases they provide.
- Storage: It is inexpensive, versatile, and simple to use. AWS storage can be used alone or in conjunction with other services to meet your needs.
- Security and Compliance: Many firms rely on AWS because Amazon safeguards the data they provide. Customers may scale and develop using AWS services. Customers at this location just pay for the services they use.
Replicate AWS Data in Minutes Using Hevo’s No-Code Data Pipeline
Hevo Data, a Fully-managed Data Pipeline platform, can help you automate, simplify & enrich your data replication process in a few clicks. With Hevo’s wide variety of connectors and blazing-fast Data Pipelines, you can extract & load data from Amazon S3, Elasticsearch, and 100+ Data Sources straight into your Data Warehouse (like AWS Redshift) or any Databases. To further streamline and prepare your data for analysis, you can process and enrich raw granular data using Hevo’s robust & built-in Transformation Layer without writing a single line of code!GET STARTED WITH HEVO FOR FREE
Hevo is the fastest, easiest, and most reliable data replication platform that will save your engineering bandwidth and time multifold. Try our 14-day full access free trial today to experience an entirely automated hassle-free Data Replication!
What is Serverless Framework AWS?
Serverless Framework AWS covers both the building of Serverless infrastructure using CloudFormation and the packaging/deployment of project code. The Lambda source code is changed during most project revisions, whereas the underlying infrastructure deployment is rarely changed, making the latter excellent for standardization.
AWS customers who are currently utilizing Serverless Framework can use this plugin to seamlessly transition to a more standardized, scalable, and predefined infrastructure-as-code provisioning method for their Serverless Framework AWS deployments.
How does Serverless Framework AWS work?
A serverless Framework is open-source software that creates, compiles, and packages code for serverless deployment before deploying it to the cloud.
Serverless Framework, for example, generates a self-contained Python environment on AWS, including all dependencies. The environment is then packaged into the standardized zip file for AWS Lambda, and all of the associated AWS resources required for deployment in an AWS CloudFormation template are created.
Finally, it copies the code to AWS and starts or updates the CloudFormation stack, which provisioned AWS services for the serverless application.
The entire installation and deployment process may be broken down into four manual user steps followed by two automated actions.
- The AWS Admin user launches AWS Service Catalog with the predefined serverless product.
- A DevOps user installs the serverless project plugin.
- AWS provider section in serverless.yml is configured by a DevOps user with additional AWS Service Catalog product details.
- A DevOps user runs the serverless deploy command.
- The Serverless Framework plugin packages the code and provisions the AWS Service Catalog product automatically.
- The AWS Service Catalog offering creates the AWS resources automatically.
The serverless framework makes it easier to manage large projects. The events and resources needed are defined in one location, and only a few commands are required to deploy the entire functionality on the AWS dashboard.
Plugin writers can use this event queue to implement hooks and modify the behaviors and outputs of each stage of the process (e.g. build, compile, package, provision, and deploy).
Users can change/replace/augment the processing at a certain level by introducing specialized behavior into the framework by adding plugins. When a plugin is added to the configuration, Serverless Framework activates it and generates and packages your project’s code in a deployable manner.
Serverless Framework AWS communicates via the AWS SDK and stores state in a .serverless folder within your project’s directory. Following the initial deployment of AWS resources, further code changes can be quickly distributed using the –function option.
Furthermore, because the whole AWS deployment is documented and viewable within the UI, CloudFormation’s infrastructure-as-code approach simplifies management. Users could use the same template and deploy it across numerous AWS regions and accounts. Furthermore, you can manage coding and infrastructure changes in a single project using your preferred version control system.
What makes Hevo’s AWS ETL Process Best-In-Class
Providing a high-quality ETL solution can be a difficult task if you have a large volume of data. Hevo’s automated, No-code platform empowers you with everything you need to have the most holistic AWS Data Integration experience.
Check out what makes Hevo amazing:
- Fully Managed: Hevo requires no management and maintenance as it is a fully automated platform.
- Data Transformation: Hevo provides a simple interface to perfect, modify, and enrich the data you want to transfer.
- Faster Insight Generation: Hevo offers near real-time data replication so you have access to real-time insight generation and faster decision making.
- Schema Management: Hevo can automatically detect the schema of the incoming data and map it to the destination schema.
- Scalable Infrastructure: Hevo has in-built integrations for Amazon S3, Elasticsearch, and 100+ sources (with 40+ free sources) that can help you scale your data infrastructure as required.
- Live Support: Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
Benefits of Serverless Framework AWS
To increase agility and reduce costs, serverless technologies include benefits like automatic scaling, built-in high availability, and a pay-per-use billing model. Here are some benefits of Serverless Framework to keep an eye on:
- Reduces the cost of allocating hardware and human resources to manage your application.
- You only have to pay for what you use and nothing more.
- Zero Administration is required for server-side activities.
- You should solely concentrate on your application logic and business, not on infrastructure.
- You can release the application to market in a shorter period of time
- It automatically scales resources based on workload.
- No need to worry about load balancing because that will be done by the serverless service provider.
Many businesses are attempting to improve the speed and efficiency of their software development teams. These organizations are discovering that standardized infrastructure-as-code is a good approach to alleviate their development teams’ infrastructure heavy lifting. Removing this burden from developers allows them to devote more time to innovation and generating business value.
To become more and more efficient in handling your Databases, it is preferable for you to integrate them with a solution that you can carry out Data Integration and Management procedures for you without much ado and that is where Hevo Data, a Cloud-based ETL Tool, comes in. Hevo Data supports 100+ Data Sources and helps you transfer your data from these sources to your Data Warehouses such as AWS Redshift in a matter of minutes, all this, without writing any code!Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand. Hevo offers plans & pricing for different use cases and business needs, check them out!
Share your experience of learning Serverless Framework AWS in the comments section below!