Customer Relationship Management (CRM) is a tool that manages your customer relationships and interactions. A CRM solution such as Salesforce helps you focus throughout your lifecycle on your organization’s interactions with all your customers and employees such as Clients, Service Users, Coworkers, and Suppliers. In addition, Salesforce enables multiple integrations to fulfill these goals in order to locate new customers, and offer support and additional services throughout the relationship. One such integration which helps you to automate your workflow is ServiceNow Salesforce Integration.
Salesforce is a Cloud CRM platform that is helpful in tracking client actions. In contrast, ServiceNow is an IT platform that empowers creating applications. You can integrate ServiceNow with Salesforce to track your software subscriptions and recover unused licenses. It also allows you to focus on priority tasks at hand by accelerating customer response time. The ServiceNow Salesforce Integration helps you to connect your ServiceNow instance with the Salesforce Cloud and Salesforce Service Cloud.
This article will walk you through the key features of ServiceNow and Salesforce platforms. In addition, you will understand the significance of ServiceNow Salesforce Integration. You will also learn the steps to set up this Integration. Moreover, you will explore some of the benefits that Salesforce ServiceNow Integration provides. So, put on your reading glasses and gain insights into how ServiceNow Salesforce Integration can help your business.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to ServiceNow
- Introduction to Salesforce
- Significance of ServiceNow Salesforce Integration
- Steps to Set Up ServiceNow Salesforce Integration
- Benefits of ServiceNow Salesforce Integration
To successfully set up ServiceNow Salesforce Integration you need to meet the following requirements:
- Basic Understanding of Salesforce.
- A Salesforce account with Admin rights.
- A ServiceNow account with Admin rights.
Introduction to ServiceNow
ServiceNow is a Cloud-based workflow automation technology that helps businesses simplify and automate everyday operations, to improve operational efficiency. ServiceNow is based in Santa Clara, California, and was founded by the developer Fred Luddy. It has been touted as an ITSM (Information Technology Service Management) solution in its earlier days and has been rapidly adopted by IT professionals. Moreover, ServiceNow is now being integrated with other services and business departments across an expanding range of industries due to its attractive and intuitive platform design.
ServiceNow offers a service paradigm that helps users to identify the root cause of problems and to correct problems through self-service. It provides Cloud services with a series of products that allow consumers and firms to function on a serverless basis. The popular business fields using these Cloud services are:
- Customer Service
- Information Technology (IT)
- Human Resources (HR)
- Business applications
Key Features of ServiceNow
ServiceNow is a Cloud-based system that provides intelligent solutions and enhances the creation of software and security systems. Let’s discuss some of the features of ServiceNow:
- Automates Common Tasks: By automating common operations, ServiceNow reduces the day-to-day workload of its staff by dramatically lowering administrative time.
- Automates Workflow: ServiceNow assigns and prioritizes incoming demands on the basis of the availability, ability, and skill level of the agent automatically.
- Transparent Platform: ServiceNow offers a single transparent and collaborative platform for all projects, ensuring clear visibility for all your organization stakeholders.
- Flexible Platform: ServiceNow’s integration and flexibility enable your firm to integrate several IT systems into one single platform.
To explore more about ServiceNow, visit here.
Introduction to Salesforce
Salesforce is one of the most prominent CRM platforms on the market, with its popularity skyrocketing in recent years. It is a Cloud-based corporate platform that gives clients a better experience with powerful business applications for communicating with other Clients, Prospects, Partners, Sales, and Marketing services worldwide.
Salesforce also allows for Sales and Marketing planning and monitoring, as well as services to be managed using analytical and relevant data. It is the best-known and most successful CRM software firm with clients in a broad range of industries. Moreover, with customized mail or phone calls, Salesforce helps firms automate operations and enhance customer interaction.
Key Features of Salesforce
Salesforce has a number of advantages that entice businesses to adopt it. The following are some of Salesforce’s most essential features:
- Nurture Leads: The key to Salesforce’s lead nurturing process is to get customers to your website like those who have abandoned carts. It does so by sending clients automated e-mails and newsletters.
- Dynamic Dashboards: Clients could simply build Dashboards and real-time reports using Salesforce. Dynamic Dashboards from Salesforce show your business success based on key metrics such as Market Trends and Customer Behaviour.
- Mobile App: The mobile app of Salesforce enables users to be able to work from anywhere. Users can also keep an eye on the process throughout their trip, allocate tasks, adjust roles and analyze reports.
- Real-Time Analytics: You may view the data of your users by using Salesforce Analytics that assists people to organise things in a meaningful and clear way.
To know more about Salesforce, visit this link.
Significance of ServiceNow Salesforce Integration
Companies require many applications and integrations for their platforms to run business smoothly. By integrating Salesforce and ServiceNow you can easily synchronize your data. In fact, you don’t have to switch between ServiceNow and Salesforce to use their features.
You can use the Salesforce ServiceNow Integration to increase cooperation and visibility between your customer service/support and Sales teams. This helps teams access client complaints and priorities in real-time and solves problems more quickly, thereby minimizing communication gaps between your customers. ServiceNow Salesforce Integration helps your team concentrate on high-priority tasks by reducing the time to address problems and connect effortlessly with customers. Moreover, this Integration ensures efficient access to customer issues and priorities in real-time and also updates you when a problem is fixed.
Now, that you have understood the importance of ServiceNow Salesforce Integration, in the next section, you will learn the steps to set up this Integration.
Simplify Data Analysis with Hevo’s No-code Data Pipeline
Hevo Data, a No-code Data Pipeline, helps load data from any data source such as Databases, SaaS applications, Cloud Storage, SDK,s, and Streaming Services and simplifies the ETL process. It supports 100+ Data Sources including 30+ Free Sources such as Salesforce. It is a 3-step process by just selecting the data source, providing valid credentials, and choosing the destination. Hevo loads the data onto the desired Data Warehouse/destination and enriches the data and transforms it into an analysis-ready form without having to write a single line of code.
Its completely automated pipeline offers data to be delivered in real-time without any loss from source to destination. Its fault-tolerant and scalable architecture ensure that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss and supports different forms of data. The solutions provided are consistent and work with different BI tools as well.GET STARTED WITH HEVO FOR FREE
Check out why Hevo is the Best:
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled securely and consistently with zero data loss.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Minimal Learning: Hevo, with its simple and interactive UI, is extremely simple for new customers to work on and perform operations.
- Hevo Is Built To Scale: As the number of sources and the volume of your data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Incremental Data Load: Hevo allows the transfer of data that has been modified in real-time. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow and check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Simplify your Data Analysis with Hevo today!
SIGN UP HERE FOR A 14-DAY FREE TRIAL!
Steps to Set Up ServiceNow Salesforce Integration
In this section, you will understand the detailed steps to set up your ServiceNow Salesforce Integration. You will be able to link your ServiceNow instance with the Salesforce Sales Cloud and Salesforce Service Cloud services to track your software subscriptions and to retrieve unused licenses. So, follow the steps below to successfully set up ServiceNow Salesforce Integration.
Step 1: Register a Salesforce Application
To connect your ServiceNow to Salesforce services, you need to register an application through the Salesforce Admin portal. So, follow the steps listed below to register your application:
- Log in to your Salesforce account. Now, go to Setup and select Build → Create → Apps from the navigation menu as shown below.
- Next, click on New and fill in the form fields like Connected App Name, API Name, Contact Email, Enable OAuth Setting, Callback URL, and Selected OAuth Scopes.
- After filling in the details, click Save.
- Now, copy the Consumer Key and Consumer Secret field values in a secure location from the page of your new app.
Step 2: Create a Salesforce Integration Profile
In this step, you will create a Salesforce Integration profile to keep a track of software subscriptions and optimize licenses for your Salesforce Cloud services. So, follow the steps below to create a Salesforce Integration profile:
- First, request the Software Asset Management – SaaS License Management Integrations plugin (com.sn_sam_saas_int) from the ServiceNow Store.
- After installing the above plugin, return to your ServiceNow instance and go to SaaS License → Administration → Direct Integration Profiles and then click New as shown below.
- Next, select the Salesforce Integration Profile and fill in all the required form fields.
- After filling in the details, click Submit.
- Now, click on the Get OAuth Token link on the Integration Profile and follow the manual to get the OAuth token.
After connecting with ServiceNow Salesforce Integration, your ServiceNow instance automatically generates Software Models, Reclamation Rules and updates user subscriptions daily. To ensure this Integration satisfies user subscription recovery standards, you should verify all Reclamation Rules that are automatically created.
Hurray! You have successfully set up your ServiceNow Salesforce Integration.
Benefits of ServiceNow Salesforce Integration
ServiceNow Salesforce Integration helps to make better and faster decisions. Along with this, this Integration allows you to focus on priority tasks at hand by accelerating customer response time and reducing your workload by automating your workflow. Apart from these, let’s explore the other benefits of ServiceNow Salesforce Integration.
- Using the ServiceNow Salesforce Integration you can easily access the Customer Account, Priorities Contacts from within ServiceNow without the need to move through different platforms.
- Moreover, this Integration automates your updates of customer issues, new customer accounts added, etc. Hence, you don’t need to inform the Sales team manually.
- ServiceNow Salesforce Integration enables real-time access to customer ticket status and customer discussions.
In this article, you learned the key features of ServiceNow and Salesforce. Moreover, you understood the significance of ServiceNow Salesforce Integration. You also learned the steps to set up this Integration. In addition, you also explored some of the ServiceNow Salesforce Integration benefits like accessing customer data without the need to shift to another platform, accelerating customer response time, real-time updating your team about resolved issues, and much more.
Moreover, extracting complex data from a diverse set of data sources like Salesforce, and other CRMs is quite challenging and may be cumbersome, however, a simpler alternative like Hevo is the right solution for you!VISIT OUR WEBSITE TO EXPLORE HEVO
Hevo Data is a No-Code Data Pipeline that offers a faster way to move data from 100+ Data Sources including 30+ Free Sources such as Salesforce, into your Data Warehouse to be visualized in a BI tool. Hevo is fully automated and hence does not require you to code.
Want to take Hevo for a spin?
Share your experience of setting up ServiceNow Salesforce Integration in the comments section below!