Almost all businesses today rely on technology to either perform or automate their day-to-day tasks. These tasks could include running internal operations associated with the business, Marketing, Sales, providing services to customers, etc. There are multiple platforms that allow businesses to perform these tasks efficiently. One of the most well-known platforms for this is HubSpot.
This article will provide you with an in-depth understanding of what HubSpot is, what its key features are, and how you can easily set up HubSpot Import Contacts, Company Data, Deals, Tickets & More.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to HubSpot
- Understanding the Key Features of HubSpot
- Understanding the Need for HubSpot Import Contacts, Deals, Tickets & More
- Steps to Set up HubSpot Import Contacts, Deals, Tickets & More
- Limitations of Manually Setting up HubSpot Import Contacts, Deals, Tickets & More
Introduction to HubSpot
HubSpot is a well-known cloud-based CRM and an Inbound Marketing & Sales platform. It helps companies attract visitors, acquire leads, and convert leads to customers. HubSpot is capable of doing this by providing its users with a variety of functionalities that allow the Marketing & Sales teams at any organization to manage their key activities such as Content Creation, Social Media Sharing, Lead Capture, Workflow Management, Sales Pipeline Mapping, Performance Tracking, etc all through a Single Platform.
Hence, it allows businesses to be better equipped in managing Marketing & Sales activities efficiently and make a methodical plan on how they can nurture leads through a buyer’s journey effortlessly.
In simple terms, it can be said that HubSpot is a software platform designed to help businesses market and sell more effectively.
Understanding the Key Features of HubSpot
The key features of HubSpot are as follows:
1) HubSpot Marketing Hub
Provides all functionalities required to run Marketing Campaigns that can attract and engage all potential and current customers. It houses various tools that allow businesses to manage their Social Media, Blogs, SEO, Emails, Landing Pages, etc. HubSpot Marketing Hub can also be used to create riveting content that can be used to engage all current and potential leads and customers.
2) HubSpot Sales Hub
Provides all required tools that can help the Sales team of an organization convert leads into paying customers. It houses all functionalities that can be used by the Sales team to easily contact leads and existing customers. These functionalities include Meeting Scheduler, Calling, Pipeline Tracking, etc.
3) HubSpot CRM
HubSpot Customer Relationship Management (CRM), as the name suggests is used to manage and improve the relationship between the business and leads or customers. It houses various tools that can help businesses track and categorize customers based on various parameters. These tools provide businesses the ability to store and manage Contact Information, record and update Conversion Status for Leads, etc.
4) HubSpot Service Hub
Provides all functionalities that are used to ensure quality support to existing customers of any business. HubSpot Service Hub provides various powerful tools such as Support Ticket Management, Reporting, Live Chats, etc. to ensure that the users of any product or service face minimal issues that are resolved as soon as possible.
Understanding the Need for HubSpot Import Contacts, Deals, Tickets & More
The goal for every business in today’s world is to be a Market Leader in the product or service they’re offering and wish to be the preferred choice for their audience. This is however a hard nut to crack since the competition that businesses face today has grown exponentially in recent years. As a result, businesses have started putting in an immense amount of effort and resources to understand how they can be better than their competitors.
This has resulted in most businesses introducing a large number of new features and improving User Experience to ensure that their customers have absolutely no issues with their products and services. Another reason for these efforts is to acquire as many customers as possible from their competitors.
One of the most important features that are introduced by businesses to encourage customers to switch to their product includes the ability to import data. Until a few years back, there was no easy way to switch products since all data available in one product could not be transferred to another in a way that could ensure convenience and no data loss. This led to the introduction of the import feature in most products that allows customers to easily import all their data directly through the Graphical User Interface (GUI) of the product.
For example, suppose a business is using Salesforce CRM and realizes that HubSpot introduced some new features that would be more suitable to the requirements of their team. Salesforce allows users to export all data. This data can then be used to set up HubSpot Import Contacts, Company Data, Deals, Tickets, Products, Notes, etc.
Simplify ETL Using Hevo’s No-code Data Pipeline
Hevo is a No-code Data Pipeline that offers a fully managed solution to set up data integration from 100+ data sources including HubSpot and will let you directly load data to a Data Warehouse or the destination of your choice. It will automate your data flow in minutes without writing any line of code. It helps transfer data from HubSpot to a destination of your choice for free. Its fault-tolerant architecture makes sure that your data is secure and consistent. Hevo provides you with a truly efficient and fully automated solution to manage data in real-time and always have analysis-ready data.Get Started with Hevo for free
Let’s Look at Some Salient Features of Hevo:
- Fully Managed: It requires no management and maintenance as Hevo is a fully automated platform.
- Data Transformation: It provides a simple interface to perfect, modify, and enrich the data you want to transfer.
- Real-Time: Hevo offers real-time data migration. So, your data is always ready for analysis.
- Schema Management: Hevo can automatically detect the schema of the incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Live Monitoring: Advanced monitoring gives you a one-stop view to watch all the activities that occur within pipelines.
- Live Support: Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
Steps to Set up HubSpot Import Contacts, Deals, Tickets & More
In this method, the data from your source is extracted in a form suitable for import, and that data is then used to set up HubSpot Import Contacts, Company Data, Deals, Tickets, Products, Notes, etc.
Manual HubSpot Import Contacts, Company Data, Deals, Tickets, Products, Notes can only be set up if the file being imported meets the following conditions:
- Should be in CSV, XLSX, or XLS format.
- Should have only one sheet.
- Should have less than 25,000 rows and 1,000 columns.
- Should have a size less than 150MB.
- Should have a header that corresponds to a required property in HubSpot object depending on the kind of data being imported.
- Should be UTF-8 Encoded.
The minimum requirements for each kind of object to set up HubSpot Import Contacts, Company Data, Deals, Tickets, Products, Notes are as follows:
- HubSpot Import Contacts
- First Name
- Last Name
- HubSpot Import Companies
- Company Domain Name
- HubSpot Import Deals
- Deal Name
- Deal Stage
- HubSpot Import Tickets
- Ticket Name
- Ticket Status
- HubSpot Import Product
- Unit Price
- HubSpot Import Notes
- Activity Date
- Note Body
Sample import files in CSV format having a single object are as follows:
HubSpot also allows users to import files with multiple objects through a single file to allow the representation of associations between objects. For example, Contacts belonging to a Company, Tickets for each Contact, etc. The format for these files is that each row should contain data from both objects with header names as the property of the HubSpot objects.
Sample import files in CSV format having multiple objects are as follows:
- Contacts and Companies Sample
- Contacts and Tickets Sample
- Companies and Deals Sample
- Companies and Notes Sample
- Companies, Deals, and Notes Sample
Once the required data is available in the correct form, the following steps can be implemented to import the data.
- Step 1: Log in to your HubSpot Account and navigate to Contacts, Deals, etc. depending on what data you’re trying to import.
- Step 2: In the upper right corner, select “Import.”
- Step 3: Select “Start an Import.”
- Step 4: Select “File from Computer”, then “One File” and finally “One Object” or “Multiple Objects” based on the data being imported.
- Step 5: Select the Object(s) you’re trying to import.
- Step 6: Select “Choose a File” and then browse to the file in your system and open it in the File Browser.
- Step 7: The names of the headers in your imported file have to be mapped to the corresponding properties of the HubSpot Object.
- Step 8: If any of the existing headers in the imported file do not match any property in the HubSpot Object, the user has the option to not import the data in that column, select an existing property or create a new property in HubSpot to which the headers can be mapped.
- Step 9: Once the required mapping operations are performed for each header, select “Next” and click on “Finish Import.” This will complete the process of manually setting up HubSpot Import Contacts, Company Data, Deals, Tickets, Products, Notes.
Limitations of Manually Setting up HubSpot Import Contacts, Deals, Tickets & More
The limitations of manually setting up HubSpot Import Contacts are as follows:
- HubSpot does not allow users to import Email data from files and hence, there’s no direct and easy way to manually import this data.
- Manual export and import of this data is a complex process that might be difficult for someone who does not have enough experience or technical knowledge.
- Manual exporting, importing, and mapping could lead to accidental loss of data if all the steps are not followed properly.
This article provided you with a comprehensive understanding of what HubSpot is, what its features are, what HubSpot Import is along with a step-by-step guide on how you can set up HubSpot Import Contacts, Company Data, Deals, Tickets, Products, and Notes. The process can either be done manually or automated using Hevo. There are several advantages of usingVisit our Website to Explore Hevo
Hevo includes the ease of use and the ability to replicate all records including data on Email Events and Campaigns which is not possible using the manual method. Hevo helps you directly transfer data from a source of your choice to a Data Warehouse or desired destination in a fully automated and secure manner without having to write the code or export data repeatedly. It helps transfer data from HubSpot to a destination of your choice for free. It will make your life easier and make data migration hassle-free. It is User-Friendly, Reliable, and Secure.
Share your experience of learning about the Hubspot Import Contacts! Let us know in the comments section below!