Shopify is a Cloud-based Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) Shopping Cart Solution that allows users to easily set up an online store. Simply put, Shopify makes it simple to sell products online. You can create your E-commerce Store website, and Shopify will host it for you. If you offer multiple shipping carriers, rates, and shipping to different geographical regions, managing fulfillment and shipping for an E-Commerce store can be a nightmare. Ensuring that you have the correct labels for each carrier can be a big hassle in itself. Fortunately, solutions such as ShipStation exist that take care of the management of orders and shipping. Owing to these features a ShipStation Shopify Integration makes sense.
Upon a complete walkthrough of this article, you will gain a decent understanding of ShipStation and Shopify along with the salient features that they offer. This article will also provide you with a step-by-step guide to build ShipStation Shopify Integration from scratch. Read along to learn more about ShipStation Shopify Integration!
Table of Contents
- An active ShipStation account.
- An active Shopify account.
Introduction to ShipStation
ShipStation is a leading Web-based shipping software that assists E-commerce stores to import and manage their orders in a hassle-free manner. It is a one-stop solution to manage all your parcel and shipping needs. Whether you have a few dozen shipments in a month or multiple large-scale warehouses across the globe that ship thousands of packages on a regular basis, ShipStation is versatile enough to handle both.
Key Features of ShipStation
Some of the key features of ShipStation are as follows:
- The powerful Order Management Features of ShipStation allow E-commerce merchants to spend less time on minor tasks and focus on the more important aspects of running their business.
- You can Automate Repetitive Tasks, Eliminate Manual Data Entry, and Reduce the risk of human error by leveraging Customizable Shipping Presets offered by ShipStation.
- ShipStation also offers a mobile application that provides you on-demand access to order details and tracking information straight on your smartphone or tablet at any time.
- You can also streamline shipping by integrating ShipStation with third-party applications. Later in this article, you will learn about one such integration(ShipStation Shopify Integration).
For further information on ShipStation, click here to check out their official website.
Introduction to Shopify
Shopify is a Software as a Service(SaaS) solution that businesses use to set up online E-commerce stores. Unlike WordPress and Blogger, Shopify specifically Builds, Hosts, Operates and Manages websites related to the E-commerce industry. It is one of the world’s most popular multi-channel Content Management System, mainly used by small and medium-sized businesses across the globe. With over one million businesses using the platform in over 100 countries, Shopify has become a household name for all-in-one E-commerce solutions. Shopify is ideal for E-commerce businesses that want low start-up costs and a simple user interface.
Shopify is ideal for merchants who want to sell their products via a variety of Sales Channels, such as the Web, Mobile, Social Media, Marketplaces, Physical Locations, and Pop-up Shops. You can monitor all Sales Channels from the Shopify Admin Dashboard, from creating and managing an Online Store to accepting Payments, Managing Inventory, and Tracking and Responding to orders.
Key Features of Shopify
Some of the key features of Shopify are as follows:
- No Technical Expertise Required: Shopify enables its users to design a complete website without any prior knowledge of website development. This is due to the fact that Shopify handles all of the technicalities on their behalf. It offers pre-designed templates that can be leveraged to design and customize online stores.
- Easy to Manage: Shopify allows the users to manage and customize their stores even from their smartphones or tablets. All information associated with the order and payments is automatically synced which ensures uninterrupted functioning of your store.
- Search Engine Optimization: Shopify provides SEO (Search Engine Optimization) services such as assigning appropriate Titles and Meta Tags to your pages. It also has a number of plugins such as Plug in SEO, SEO Plus, and SEO Booster that can help you increase your Sales by identifying and fixing problems on your website. Apart from it, Shopify has extremely fast loading and response times. This can give your site an advantage over the competition because Google prefers to rank faster-loading sites above the slower ones.
A fully managed No-code Data Pipeline platform like Hevo Data helps you integrate and load data from 100+ Different Sources (40+ Free Data Sources) like Shopify to a Data Warehouse or Destination of your choice in real-time in an effortless manner. Hevo with its minimal learning curve can be set up in just a few minutes allowing the users to load data without having to compromise performance.
Get Started with Hevo for free
It helps transfer data from Shopify to a destination of your choice for free. Its strong integration with umpteenth sources allows users to bring in data of different kinds in a smooth fashion without having to code a single line.
Check out some of the cool features of Hevo:
Sign up here for a 14-day Free Trial!
- Completely Automated: The Hevo platform can be set up in just a few minutes and requires minimal maintenance.
- Connectors: Hevo supports 100+ Integrations to SaaS platforms like Shopify, files, Databases, analytics, and BI tools. It supports various destinations including Google BigQuery, Amazon Redshift, Snowflake, Firebolt Data Warehouses; Amazon S3 Data Lakes; and MySQL, SQL Server, TokuDB, DynamoDB, PostgreSQL Databases to name a few.
- Real-Time Data Transfer: Hevo provides real-time data migration, so you can have analysis-ready data always.
- 100% Complete & Accurate Data Transfer: Hevo’s robust infrastructure ensures reliable data transfer with zero data loss.
- Scalable Infrastructure: Hevo has in-built integrations for 100+ sources (including 40+ free sources) such as Shopify, that can help you scale your data infrastructure as required.
- 24/7 Live Support: The Hevo Team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to you through chat, email, and support calls.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow so you can check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Steps to Set up ShipStation Shopify Integration
With ShipStation Shopify Integration, you can seamlessly connect your Shopify store domain with ShipStation and sync data associated with shipping and orders back and forth. Follow the steps given below to set up ShipStation Shopify Integration:
- Step 1: Log in to your Shipstation account to begin the ShipStation Shopify Integration.
- Step 2: Click on the Settings icon to open the Account Settings.
- Step 3: Once you open the Account Settings sidebar, you will see a list of options, select Selling Channels from the available options, and then choose Store Setup to link your Shopify Store and set up ShipStation Shopify Integration.
- Step 4: Click on the button ‘+Connect a Store or Marketplace’ and then enter Shopify in the search bar to link your Shopify Store with ShipStation and build ShipStation Shopify Integration.
- Step 5: Head over to your Shopify Store’s Admin website and navigate to the Dashboard section. Copy your Shopify Store’s Domain that will be used in the next step to set up ShipStation Shopify Integration.
Note: Shopify Domain is the part of the URL starting after https:// to /admin
- Step 6: Enter the link of your Shopify Store and click on Test Connection to ensure that you have entered the correct Shopify Domain.
- Step 7: If clicking on Test Connection gives no error, click on the Connect option.
- Step 8: Once you click on the Connect option, both your Shipstation and Shopify accounts will be linked and ShipStation Shopify Integration will be complete. There is no need to take any further action if you are already logged in to Shopify. If you are not currently logged in to Shopify, you will be prompted to do so.
Once you follow the above steps in the correct sequence, you will be able to set up ShipStation Shopify Integration in no time!
This blog introduced you to ShipStation and Shopify along with their key features. It further provided the steps that you can follow to set up your ShipStation Shopify Integration seamlessly. In case you want to export data from a source of your choice such as Shopify into your desired Database/destination then Hevo Data is the right choice for you!
Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Hevo Data provides its users with a simpler platform for integrating data from 100+ sources such as Shopify for Analysis. It is a No-code Data Pipeline that can help you combine data from multiple sources. You can use it to transfer data from multiple data sources into your Data Warehouse, Database, or a destination of your choice. It helps transfer data from Shopify to a destination of your choice for free. It provides you with a consistent and reliable solution to managing data in real-time, ensuring that you always have Analysis-ready data in your desired destination.
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand. You can also have a look at our unbeatable pricing that will help you choose the right plan for your business needs!
Share your experience of learning about ShipStation Shopify Integration. Tell us in the comments below!
No-code Data Pipeline for Shopify