When it comes to Shipping, Consumer Expectations & E-Commerce experiences collide. Even though Small & Medium-sized Businesses (SMBs) benefit from the online shopping boom, most of them struggle to meet the additional fulfilment needs that come with growth. This is where an easy-to-use Shipping Software such as Shipstation can come to your rescue. It can help you save time & resources by allowing you to ship effectively.
WooCommerce, on the other hand, is an industry leader at helping users set up their online stores with ease. It is one of the most widely used E-Commerce Store Builders that functions over WordPress. As a result, ShipStation WooCommerce integration can be highly beneficial.
This article will walk you through the 3-step process of configuring ShipStation WooCommerce Integration. It will give you a quick overview of ShipStation and WooCommerce’s key features. In later sections, you’ll learn about the benefits of integrating ShipStation with WooCommerce. Let’s get this started.
Table of Contents
- A ShipStation account that is active.
- A Woocommerce account that is active.
What is ShipStation?
Shipping is a component of the order fulfillment process. ShipStation is Web-based software that streamlines order processing and shipping. It processes orders from the most popular online marketplaces and shopping carts using a variety of carriers. It also assists online sellers in saving time and money by providing efficient shipping.
ShipStation is appropriate for businesses of all sizes, including small, medium, and large businesses. It can assist you in meeting all of your shipping requirements, whether you have a small Etsy shop that ships a few dozen products per month or multiple Warehouses across the country that ship thousands of packages every day.
Key Features of ShipStation
Here are some major key features of ShipStation:
- Robust Order Management: Order Management features of ShipStation allow E-commerce businesses to spend less time on minor tasks and more time on more important aspects of their business.
- Automation: You can automate repetitive tasks, eliminate manual data entry, and reduce the possibility of human errors by using ShipStation’s Customizable Shipping Presets.
- Mobile-Friendly: ShipStation also has a mobile app that allows you to access order details and track information from your smartphone or tablet in real-time.
What is WooCommerce?
WooCommerce is a Free and Open-source WordPress plugin that includes essential E-commerce features like Add to Cart, Checkout, Product Analytics, and more. Because of WooCommerce, WordPress is widely used in E-Commerce development.
It enables any company (from small to large) to build a responsive end-to-end E-Commerce solution with the ability to integrate thousands of plugins. In addition, dozens of WooCommerce Themes are available for purchase from various template suppliers and marketplaces.
The Web Development Process is simplified and accelerated as a result of this. WooCommerce, like WordPress, allows millions of users to shop online, which benefits businesses by increasing revenues.
Key Features of WooCommerce
Here are some major key features of WooCommerce:
- Free platform: WooCommerce is an Open-source and Free WordPress plugin.
- Customizable Themes: It can be difficult and costly to make changes to a custom website after it has gone live. But, WooCommerce has all of the features that a new online store requires to get up and running.
- Security: To provide best-in-class data security, the WooCommerce Development team works closely with security professionals.
Hevo Data, A No-code Data Pipeline, helps load data from any data source such as Databases, SaaS applications, Cloud Storage, SDK,s, and Streaming Services and simplifies the ETL process. It supports 100+ Data Sources including 40+ Free Sources such as WooCommerce. It is a 3-step process of selecting the data source, providing valid credentials, and choosing the destination.
GET STARTED WITH HEVO FOR FREE
Hevo loads the data onto the desired Data Warehouse/destination in real-time and enriches the data and transforms it into an analysis-ready form without having to write a single line of code. Its completely Automated Data Pipeline, Fault-tolerant, and Scalable Architecture ensure that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss and supports different forms of data. The solutions provided are consistent and work with different BI tools as well.
Check out why Hevo is the Best:
SIGN UP HERE FOR A 14-DAY FREE TRIAL!
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled securely and consistently with zero data loss.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Minimal Learning: Hevo, with its simple and interactive UI, is extremely simple for new customers to work on and perform operations.
- Hevo Is Built To Scale: As the number of sources and the volume of your data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Incremental Data Load: Hevo allows the transfer of data that has been modified in real-time. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow and check where your data is at a particular point in time.
How to Set up ShipStation WooCommerce Integration
This section will teach you how to set up a ShipStation WooCommerce Integration. To Integrate ShipStation and Woocommerce, you can begin by first setting up your Woocommerce account.
ShipStation WooCommerce Step 1: WooCommerce Setup
- Log in to the WooCommerce administrator’s portal.
- Navigate to Plugins and select Add New.
- Install the ShipStation Integration plugin on your PC.
- Click on the Upload option, then browse to and select the plugin zip file from your computer. You can then click on Install Now.
- After the installation is complete, click the Activate Plugin button.
- Navigate to the WooCommerce menu and then go to Settings.
- Navigate to the Integrations section.
ShipStation WooCommerce Step 2: Authentication
- Obtain the Authentication Key. Here, you can also change the statuses that will be exposed to ShipStation. This means the status that an order will be moved to when ShipStation sends a shipment update, and whether or not logging is enabled.
- When you’re finished, click on Save Changes.
- Log in to your ShipStation account in a new tab or browser window and navigate to account settings.
- From the left-hand sidebar, select Selling Channels, followed by Store Setup.
ShipStation WooCommerce Step 3: Establishing Connection
- Connect a Store or Marketplace by clicking on the + symbol.
- From the wide range of integration tiles available, you can locate and choose the WooCommerce tile.
- Enter your WooCommerce Authentication Key and Store URL, as well as any custom statuses that need to be mapped.
- If the test is successful, click Test Connection, then Connect.
Your store will be connected to ShipStation once you have completed the connection steps. You’ll be directed to the store’s Settings page, where you can modify store-based configurations such as notification preferences, branding and product handling.
Benefits of ShipStation WooCommerce Integration
- It cuts down on the need for manual data entry. It also prevents errors caused by misunderstandings between administrators and team members while fulfilling orders.
- It provides real-time updates on order status so that customers are kept up to date on tracking information.
- Furthermore, by integrating WooCommerce and ShipStation, online merchants can save time by automating order fulfillment. You will no longer have to manually enter tracking numbers into your online store or manually ship your customers’ orders with this integration.
The ShipStation WooCommerce Integration provides online merchants with a comprehensive order fulfillment solution. It simplifies the process of creating and managing an online store by providing reasonable levels of flexibility and a number of critical features such as Inventory and Tax Management, Secure Payments, and Shipping Integration.
With the integration of these two platforms, online merchants can easily send out email notifications based on specific shipping statuses while also automating their order fulfillment process.
Integrating and extracting data from a diverse set of data sources such as WooCommerce can be challenging and may require you to invest an immense Engineering Bandwidth. When done manually, it’ll need you to not only build connections but also maintain their health. This is where a No-code Data Pipeline like Hevo can save your day!
VISIT OUR WEBSITE TO EXPLORE HEVO
Hevo Data is a No-Code Data Pipeline that offers a faster way to move data from 100+ Data Sources including 40+ Free Sources such as WooCommerce, into your Data Warehouse to be visualized in a BI tool. Hevo is fully automated and hence does not require you to code!
Want to take Hevo for a spin? SIGN UP for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand. You can also have a look at the unbeatable pricing that will help you choose the right plan for your business needs.
Share your experience of setting up the ShipStation WooCommerce Integration in the comments section below!
No-code Data Pipeline for WooCommerce