Today, you can get almost anything from the web. From groceries to medicine to electronics, log in to an E-Commerce platform such as Shopify, order, and have the item right to your doorstep. In truth, even brick and mortar stores and now creating online options for their customers. With this in mind, the influx of E-Commerce platforms has created stiff competition among merchants to win clients and boost Sales. To have a successful E-Commerce store, you need to implement several creative measures that will place you ahead of your competitors. In simple terms, you need a factor that will convince the customer to select your store despite the numerous traders selling the same price.
One of the platforms that allow merchants creativity and customization to outbid competitors and win over clients is Shopify and the Shopify App Bundles. Arguably, it is the biggest Online Shopping platform worldwide, and one might even argue the company began the E-Commerce revolution. This article will introduce you to Shopify App bundles and give you the basics of this and the benefits you stand to gain by incorporating this Marketing technique into your online business. Take a read below.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Shopify
- Introduction to Product Bundling
- Shopify App Bundles
Listed below are the prerequisites to use Shopify App Bundles:
- An existing Shopify account
- A bundling app of your choice that you can find on the Shopify Marketplace.
Introduction to Shopify
Shopify is a platform that helps you in building an online store by providing you with the right tools in a single ecosystem. Shopify is a Software as a Service (SaaS) platform. You need a monthly membership to use its features. Because of the low initial cost and benefits, the platform has grown popular. It is majorly used by small and medium-sized businesses.
Shopify provides its customers with Cloud-based tools that they can use to conduct tasks, including saving data, adding items, and processing orders. In addition, the software is simple to use and does not demand any technical coding expertise to learn how to use the platform.
With a Shopify subscription, you’ll have access to several useful services that can help you succeed in business. It also provides you with access to personalized templates for your chosen brand and a reliable Web Hosting solution. Moreover, with Shopify, you do not need to worry about crashes during the high season.
Key Benefits of Shopify
Some of the primary advantages of working with Shopify are listed below:
- Quick Setup: It is very easy to set up Shopify for your business model. Moreover, with Shopify, you do not need to worry about server and development costs when launching your online store.
- No Technical Expertise Needed: Shopify does not require technical expertise to use the tools and also offers controls like software and hosting capabilities.
- Secure: Shopify follows all the necessary security protocols to keep your data safe. It handles all the sensitive information such as customer data, etc., very carefully.
- Mobile Ready: Shopify offers you tools to build a mobile application for your store. Statistics show that mobile website visits are more than desktop users, and it only makes to have a mobile application for your business.
For further information on Shopify, click here.
Introduction to Product Bundling
Before getting to Shopify App Bundles, you need to understand what Bundling is and why you need to perform this relatively easy task to ensure the success of your online business.
If you perform a quick Google search of Product Bundling, you are bound to come across various definitions, a factor that may be confusing to some readers. With this in mind, this post will adopt a rather straightforward definition of the term.
Product Bundling, in simple terms, is a distinct set of products that, when bundled together, offer unique features that are unavailable if the items were sold separately. In most cases, the difference in features often boils down to the price. You may have already come across this feature in action in various Marketplaces. For instance, you may have come across an advertisement that reads ‘Buy two get one free!’ In other cases, customers are offered discounts when they buy the product bundles.
Simplify Sales and Marketing Analysis using Hevo’s No-code Data Pipeline
Hevo Data, a No-code Data Pipeline helps to Load Data from any data source such as Databases, SaaS applications, Cloud Storage, SDKs, and Streaming Services and simplifies the ETL process. It supports 100+ data sources (including Shopify, etc., for free) and is a 3-step process by just selecting the data source, providing valid credentials, and choosing the destination. Hevo loads the data onto the desired Data Warehouse, enriches the data, and transforms it into an analysis-ready form without writing a single line of code.
Its completely automated pipeline offers data to be delivered in real-time without any loss from source to destination. Its fault-tolerant and scalable architecture ensure that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss and supports different forms of data. The solutions provided are consistent and work with different Business Intelligence (BI) tools as well.Get Started with Hevo for free
Check out why Hevo is the Best:
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Minimal Learning: Hevo, with its simple and interactive UI, is extremely simple for new customers to work on and perform operations.
- Hevo Is Built To Scale: As the number of sources and the volume of your data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Incremental Data Load: Hevo allows the transfer of data that has been modified in real-time. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow and check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Types of Product Bundling Techniques
Now that you have a basic idea of Product Bundling, let’s get to the different techniques you can use to perform this procedure. Listed below are the types of Product Bundling Techniques:
1) Bundling Products at Checkout
In this case, the goal is to encourage clients to purchase more products. The offer is presented to the client during checkout, prompting them to buy more products at a discount. You may not need an application for this as automatic discounts can be created under Shopify admin.
2) Bundling as its Own Product
This is where you create a bundle as a different product. You will need to add a different product page where the bundle has its description and photos. However, one of the greatest demerits to this technique is no connection between the individual products and the bundles. This is where app bundles come in since you need these tools to keep the inventory in sync.
Shopify App Bundles
Shopify App Bundle is an important aspect of E-Commerce stores. Due to the sheer importance of Shopify App Bundles, it has its category under ‘Sales and Conversion’ on the Shopify App Store. There are majorly 5 types of bundles that you can create with Shopify App Bundles. Listed below are the types of Shopify App Bundles:
1) Group Bundles
These are the standard bundles that appear underneath a product where you can click one button and add multiple products to a cart, usually for a discount. Here, you buy a group of products together to receive a Shopify App Bundle discount.
2) Combo Products
This is the Shopify App Bundle where you actually add one product to the cart but it adds multiple products.
3) Buy/Get Bundles
This is the Shopify App Bundle that popularly goes by the names like “Buy 1 Get 1”, “Buy 2 Get 1”, “Buy 2 Get 50% Off”, etc.
4) Mix & Match
As the name suggests, in this type of Shopify App Bundles, you can mix a product from one collection with a product from another collection. Basically, buy anything from one collection and anything from another, and save a set amount.
5) Frequently Bought Together
This is one of the classical examples of how Amazon sells its products to customers. In this Shopify App Bundle, the set of products that are frequently bought by the customers are clubbed together for a discount.
This article introduced you to Shopify and its key features. It also introduced you to the basic concepts of Product Bundling. It also showed you how Shopify App Bundles can help you boost your business.
While Shopify offers unparalleled opportunities for merchants seeking to venture into an online business, it has fierce competition due to many sellers. Therefore, you need to implement unique strategies to attract and retain clients, among them Product Bundling. You can explore Hevo Data for transferring data from free sources like Shopify, etc., to any Data Warehouse of your choice in real-time.Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand.
Share your experience of understanding the Shopify App Bundles in the comments section below!