By 2010, online sales in the US accounted for 6% of the total retail sales and 2.8% in the UK in 2006. From these numbers, we can conclude that shoppers preferred brick-and-mortar sales for a long time instead of online-based companies.
In 2020, buyer perceptions regarding online purchases changed for the better. By February of the same year, online purchases accounted for 18.9% of total purchases in the UK. This number shot to 30% by April of that year. The same case applied to US shoppers, where online sales skyrocketed by 30.8%. What can we infer from these numbers? The age of E-Commerce is upon us, and it is time enterprises big and large adapted to the changing economic landscape. One of the biggest shopping platforms synonymous with successful companies is Shopify.
In this in-depth article, you will get to know about Shopify Crunchbase Integration, along with the considerations you should have in mind during the process and key benefits.
Table of Contents
Introduction to Shopify
Simply put, Shopify is a website that provides you with all of the tools you’ll need to create an online business. It was founded in 2004 by Tobias Lutke and has since grown to become one of the most popular online platforms for successful businesses all over the world.
Shopify is a SaaS system that requires a monthly membership to use. Because of the low initial cost and benefits, the program has grown popular among small and medium businesses. Customers can use the Cloud-based tool to conduct tasks including saving data, adding items, and processing consumer orders. In addition, the software is simple to use and has a low learning curve. You do not need technical coding expertise to learn how to use the platform.
With a Shopify subscription, you’ll have access to a number of useful services that can help you succeed in business. The program, for example, gives you access to attractively created templates for your chosen brand. Shopify also gives you access to a reliable web hosting solution. As a result, unlike a regular website, you won’t have to worry about crashes during high season. Some of the primary advantages of working with Shopify are listed below.
Key Benefits of Shopify
- Quick Setup: You do not have to worry about server and development costs when launching an online store.
- No technical expertise needed: Shopify offers all software and hosting capabilities; hence you do not need technical expertise to use the tool.
- Secure: As an E-Commerce store, you handle sensitive information such as customer data, meaning you need a secure and reliable platform such as Shopify.
- Mobile ready: Statistics show that mobile website visits are more than desktop users, meaning you need a mobile-optimized site for your business. Luckily, this is precisely what Shopify offers.
For further information on Shopify, check out the official website here.
Introduction to Crunchbase
The world of innovation and technology is continuously expanding, and information is at the center of this evolving sector. Crunchbase is one of the greatest places to go for information on companies and tech trends. It was founded in 2007 and owned by TechCrunch, an online news publisher, the website boasts over 1.5 million views per month.
It’s a website that publishes news on tech businesses and crowdfunding campaigns. The platform works similarly to Wikipedia, in that you agree to the conditions and make submissions. Companies, funds, funding efforts, and events are all represented in the profiles. One of the most significant advantages of having a profile on the platform is that your company information is prominently displayed for consumers and other interested parties to see. Let’s take a deeper look at a few of the advantages of using the platform.
Key Features of Crunchbase
Here are the top benefits you get using a Crunchbase account:
- Access to Web Traffic: This is one of the greatest benefits you get by working with Crunchbase. Premium users get access to company web traffic and analytics. Using this data, you can analyze your competitors’ digital signature and benchmark accordingly.
- Find a unique list of companies: Crunchbase allows you access to two filters that enable you to narrow down to the companies you prefer.
- Customization: With this feature, you get to see what data you want in the format that you prefer. You can rearrange information in profiles so that you see what you want first the next time you visit.
- Reach a greater audience using Crunchbase: Crunchbase has over 500,000 contributors, which translates to a higher audience reach. Join the platform today and become one of the contributors.
A fully managed No-code Data Pipeline platform like Hevo Data helps you integrate and load data from 100+ Different Sources (40+ Free Data Sources) like Shopify to a Data Warehouse or Destination of your choice in real-time in an effortless manner. It also helps to carry out processes like Shopify Crunchbase Integration. Hevo with its minimal learning curve can be set up in just a few minutes allowing the users to load data without having to compromise performance.
Get Started with Hevo for Free
It helps transfer data from Shopify to a destination of your choice for free. Its strong integration with umpteenth sources allows users to bring in data of different kinds in a smooth fashion without having to code a single line.
Check out some of the cool features of Hevo:
Sign up here for a 14-Day Free Trial!
- Completely Automated: The Hevo platform can be set up in just a few minutes and requires minimal maintenance.
- Connectors: Hevo supports 100+ Integrations to SaaS platforms like Shopify, files, Databases, analytics, and BI tools. It supports various destinations including Google BigQuery, Amazon Redshift, Snowflake Data Warehouses; Amazon S3 Data Lakes; and MySQL, SQL Server, TokuDB, DynamoDB, PostgreSQL Databases to name a few.
- Real-Time Data Transfer: Hevo provides real-time data migration, so you can have analysis-ready data always.
- 100% Complete & Accurate Data Transfer: Hevo’s robust infrastructure ensures reliable data transfer with zero data loss.
- Scalable Infrastructure: Hevo has in-built integrations for 100+ sources (including 40+ free sources) such as Shopify, that can help you scale your data infrastructure as required.
- 24/7 Live Support: The Hevo Team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to you through chat, email, and support calls.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow so you can check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Benefits of Shopify Crunchbase Integration
By now, you should have a basic grasp of both Shopify Crunchbase and its basic functionalities. The underlying question is why you should integrate Shopify Crunchbase platforms. Well, it all boils down to the intricate benefits you get by using the two tools together. For instance, by performing the relatively simple integration process, you can visualize Crunchbase’s Statistical Data and use this information to make Shopify Sales Decisions. Below are some of the key benefits of working with Shopify Crunchbase Integration:
- By using Crunchbase, you get access to actionable leads.
- The Shopify Crunchbase Integration process gives you access to Crunchbase’s extensive data, which you can use to make Financial Shopify Decisions.
- Crunchbase allows you to visualize data better and make better-informed decisions.
It is lucid that the benefits all boil down to data and visualization. Now that you have this information in mind, let’s see how you can perform the Shopify Crunchbase Integration process.
Steps for Shopify Crunchbase Integration
It is worth noting that the Shopify Crunchbase integration process described here is more manual as compared to other techniques. Here you will understand the Shopify Crunchbase integration by a practical example and see how data Shopify Crunchbase data transfer takes place.
Step 1: Searching for Data in Crunchbase
Let’s take a practical example where you are searching for funding trends in the cybersecurity space, and the search yields 884 results as shown below:
The first step is to ensure you have all the required columns since they will be reflected in the CSV file. You can edit the columns using the edit button as shown below.
Once this is done, the next step is to export your results.
Step 2: Exporting your Search Results
This is a relatively easy process. All you have to do is click the export icon at the top right of your search.
Next, select ‘Export as CSV.’ Once this is done, you can open this file using Excel or any other application.
Step 3: Importing the CSV file to Shopify
Below are the steps you should follow when importing a CSV file to Shopify.
- Log into your Shopify Admin and head over to products, then all products.
- Click import
- Click on ‘Choose file’ and select ‘Import products by CSV file’ on the dialog box.
- Locate the CSV file and click open, then upload.
That’s it. By following the process above, you have done Shopify Crunchbase data transfer.
As organizations expand their businesses, managing large data becomes crucial for achieving the desired efficiency. Shopify Crunchbase Integration powers stakeholders and management to collaborate their workflow and build a quality product meeting the requirements with ease. In case you want to export data from a source of your choice into your desired Database/destination like Snowflake, then Hevo Data is the right choice for you!
Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Hevo Data provides its users with a simpler platform for integrating data from 100+ sources for Analysis such as Shopify. It is a No-code Data Pipeline that can help you combine data from multiple sources. You can use it to transfer data from multiple data sources into your Data Warehouses, Database, or a destination of your choice. It helps transfer data from Shopify to a destination of your choice for free. It also helps to carry out processes like Shopify Crunchbase Integration. It provides you with a consistent and reliable solution to managing data in real-time, ensuring that you always have Analysis-ready data in your desired destination.
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand. You can also have a look at our unbeatable pricing that will help you choose the right plan for your business needs!
Share your experience of learning about Shopify Crunchbase Integration! Let us know in the comments section below!