Shopify Export Products Data: 6 Easy Steps
Shopify is a leading e-commerce platform that is used by millions on a regular basis. Shopify provides huge amounts of data and insights regarding the products on the e-commerce website.
Table of Contents
Businesses require to gain insights from the data generated, but Shopify’s tools are not informative enough, hence performing Shopify export products data allows it to be utilized by various resources for insights generation.
This blog shows you how you can perform Shopify export products data to a CSV file.
Table of Contents
- Why Shopify Export Products Data
- What is Shopify?
- Steps to perform Shopify Export Products Data
Hevo, A Simpler Alternative to Integrate your Data for Analysis
Hevo offers a faster way to move data from databases or SaaS applications (free sources like Shopify, Shopify Webhook, etc. & other paid sources) into your data warehouse to be visualized in a BI tool. Hevo is fully automated and hence does not require you to code.
GET STARTED WITH HEVO FOR FREE[/hevoButton]
Check out some of the cool features of Hevo:
- Completely Automated: The Hevo platform can be set up in just a few minutes and requires minimal maintenance.
- Real-time Data Transfer: Hevo provides real-time data migration, so you can have analysis-ready data always.
- 100% Complete & Accurate Data Transfer: Hevo’s robust infrastructure ensures reliable data transfer with zero data loss.
- Scalable Infrastructure: Hevo has in-built integrations for 100+ sources that can help you scale your data infrastructure as required.
- 24/7 Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to you through chat, email, and support calls.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow so you can check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Why Shopify Export Products Data
Here are some of the reasons why you should export your Shopify products data:
- You can create a backup file of your products by exporting them to a CSV file.
- You can also use the file to move your products to a new Shopify store.
- You can use the CSV file to edit your products with a spreadsheet.
- You can analyze your Products data using a business intelligence tool.
If you don’t know what Shopify is and why it is used, here is a short intro.
What is Shopify?
Shopify is a website builder Software-as-a-Service application to solve the e-commerce problems of merchants out-of-the-box.
Creating an online presence for your business seems to be essential in today’s world and fortunately, several companies have made it easy for businesses to set up and run their stores end-to-end online and out of the box. One such company that is a leader in this service is Shopify.
Shopify gives an online platform to retail stores so that they can sell in person, on their website, on social media, and on internet-based markets. Shopify allows third-party developers to build apps, themes, channels, and other integrations on its platform. This creates an eco-system of developers and merchants building their businesses on Shopify. Users not only use Shopify to display their products and services but also to create blogs, pages, process payments, etc.
Here are the steps to perform Shopify Export products data.
Steps to perform Shopify Export Products Data
Step 1: Go to the Products Screen
On the right-side panel of your Shopify admin page, select Products and All products. This will get you to the Products page.
The next two steps (Step 2 and Step 3) are not mandatory. You can use them if you need them to perform Shopify Export Products Data.
Step 2: Search and Filter
Now you will see all of the products on the screen.
If you want to filter the products to the ones you want to export, you can click on Filter. You can select from the various options in the filter drop-down. For example, you can select Tagged with and filter by a given word (Eg: Shoes). After you apply a filter, you will only see the products you have filtered down to.
Step 3: Select Products to Export
You can select the items you want to export for Shopify Export Products Data. This can be done in 4 ways.
- Case 1: Select Items One by One
- Case 2: Select a Range of Items
- Case 3: Select All Items on a Page
- Case 4: Select All Items
Case 1: Select Items One by One
Every item has a checkbox next to it. Click on the checkbox of the item to select it. In this way select all the items you want to export.
Case 2: Select a Range of Items
If you want to select all of the items that lie in between two items, first click on the checkbox next to the first item, hold the shift key and select the item till which you want to export.
This will automatically select both of the items you selected along with all the other items that lie in between these two.
For example, if you want to select all the items from item no. 10 to item no. 20, select item no. 10, hold the shift key, and select item no. 20.
Case 3: Select All Items on a Page
At the top of the item lists, there is a master checkbox. Click this checkbox to select all the items on a page.
Case 4: Select All Items
Click on the master checkbox and then click on Select all 50+ items from your store.
Step 4: Export Options
Click on Export. You get to choose from 4 options that you want for Shopify Export Products Data.
- Current page: All the products in the current page.
- All products: All of your products.
- Selected products: The specific products you selected using the checkboxes.
- Products matching search: The product that matches the search.
Step 5: Select the Type of CSV File to Export
If you plan on using a spreadsheet program to edit the CSV file, select CSV file for Excel, Numbers, or another spreadsheet program.
If you are using a plain text editor with your CSV file, select the Plain CSV file option.
Step 6: Export Products
Finally, click on Export products.
If you export up to one page of products (50 products), then your browser will directly download the CSV file. But for more than that, the file will not be directly downloaded, instead, it will be emailed to you.
Great, you have successfully performed Shopify Export Products Data into CSV format.
It is very simple to perform Shopify Export Products data, But using spreadsheets to work with data from multiple sources is not simple at all!
If you have data in several sources, then transferring it, formatting it, and analyzing it can become laborious and unfruitful on a spreadsheet.
visit our website to explore hevo[/hevoButton]
To get the results you aim for, you need to have a single source of truth. Hevo connects with a wide range of marketing applications, databases, and SaaS applications (free sources like Shopify, Shopify Webhook, etc., & various paid sources) and you can pull data to your data warehouse in minutes. You don’t need to code or worry about maintenance. You can get access to real-time data and 24/7 support.
SIGN UP for a 14-day free trial and see the difference!
Do comment and share with us your thoughts on performing Shopify Export Products Data.