Integrate Facebook Ads and Shopify: A Comprehensive Guide 101
According to a survey, Social Media is believed to have an impact on the purchasing behavior of 85% of Online Customers. Therefore, it makes complete sense to integrate your Shopify Store with Facebook, the biggest social network, to enhance your sales activities.
Table of Contents
This blog walks you through the purpose of Shopify Facebook integration and helps you with the steps to set up one. Also, learn how you can leverage Facebook Ads Marketing Capabilities to enhance the productivity of your Shopify Store.
Table of Contents
- What is Shopify?
- What is Facebook?
- What is Facebook Ads?
- Why Integrate Your Shopify Store With Facebook?
- How to set up Shopify Facebook Integration?
- Steps to Integrate Facebook Ads and Shopify
- Facebook Pixel
- Steps to Set-up Facebook Pixel ID
- Steps to Set-up Shopify Facebook Audience Building Ads
- How does Facebook work with Shopify?
- Measuring Facebook Ad Success
- Benefits of a Shopify Facebook Store
What is Shopify?
Shopify is an E-Commerce Platform that allows you to set up your own Online Store with just the click of a button. If you don’t want to go through all the hassle of building your own website, setting up a Shopify Store is the best thing you can do for your business.
Shopify hosts your business and helps it to grow by allowing you to customize your website as per your liking. Shopify is giving you an online platform to market your products and conduct secure transactions. You can customize your website as per your liking with Shopify’s easy-to-use Design Templates.
Worried about your website crashing during peak hours or hackers breaking into your network? Shopify has got you covered. Shopify offers reliable and secure hosting of your website including Secure Payment Gateways. You can literally sell anything on Shopify, from Handcrafted Artifacts to Online Classes, Shopify offers great versatility. It also gives you the ability to study and analyze Customer Behaviour to get valuable insights about your business.
Shopify provides users with multiple plans and pricing to choose from, making it a suitable option for Start-Ups and even Enterprises.
What is Facebook?
Started as a School-based Social Network by Mark Zuckerberg in 2006, Facebook is a Social Networking site that helps people connect with their family and friends online. In 2006, it was opened to all users across the Internet. By the end of 2013, anyone with a valid Gmail id could easily open a Facebook account and start sharing images, posts, and even messages via the internet. Since then, Facebook has become the largest Social Media website on the Internet with over 1 billion users all around the globe. Users can choose to share different types of content, like photos, videos, articles, links, etc.
But sharing content on Facebook is a bit different from other platforms for online communication. Unlike Emails or Instant Messaging, the content shared on Facebook is available for a larger audience to see, which means many other Facebook users, and even non-users will be able to see what you share on Facebook. With Facebook privacy tools, users can limit who can see the content they share on their profile. But it’s essential to understand that Facebook was designed to be more open and social than other traditional communication platforms. Facebook’s success can be attributed to its ability to appeal to both general users and businesses.
More information about Facebook can be found here.
What is Facebook Ads?
Facebook Ads are paid ads like Google Ads but show up only on Facebook. These ads can be displayed across various places like:
- Video Feeds
- Facebook Marketplace
- Instagram Newsfeed
- Facebook Newsfeed
- Right-Hand Column
- Messenger Inbox
Facebook Ads are more suitable for reaching out to consumers who are near the top of the funnel. If you look at the Google Ads vs Facebook Ads discussion, Facebook Ads are great for product and brand awareness. Here is an example of a Facebook Ad:
Hevo, A Simpler Alternative to Integrate your Data for Analysis
Hevo offers a faster way to move data from databases or SaaS applications (free sources like Facebook Ads, Shopify & 100+ other sources) into your data warehouse to be visualized in a BI tool. Hevo is fully automated and hence does not require you to code.Get Started with Hevo for free
Check out some of the cool features of Hevo:
- Completely Automated: The Hevo platform can be set up in just a few minutes and requires minimal maintenance.
- Real-time Data Transfer: Hevo provides real-time data migration, so you can have analysis-ready data always.
- 100% Complete & Accurate Data Transfer: Hevo’s robust infrastructure ensures reliable data transfer with zero data loss.
- Scalable Infrastructure: Hevo has in-built integrations for 100+ sources that can help you scale your data infrastructure as required.
- 24/7 Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to you through chat, email, and support calls.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow so you can check where your data is at a particular point in time.
- Live Support: Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
Why Integrate Your Shopify Store With Facebook?
One of the most satisfying features that Shopify offers is connecting your Shopify Store to Facebook. Connecting your store to Facebook helps you increase brand awareness using typical social indicators. With Shopify Facebook integration, you can also increase your sales for your products. Your product will be reflected on Facebook and according to a survey, 78% of American consumers are believed to discover products on Facebook. Shopify Facebook integration lets you create an online store with fewer resources and doesn’t consume a lot of your time.
Connecting your Shopify Store to Facebook means you can also leverage the Marketing capabilities of Facebook Ads. Facebook Ads have proven their ability to find the right audience. Every month there are 2 billion people active on Facebook and as discussed, many find the products they want through Facebook. This is too huge a pool for you to ignore. But to take advantage of this volume, and get a really great ROI, you need to find the right audience for your products.
Visitors of your Shopify store leave various clues to help you decipher customer behavior. With Shopify Facebook integration, you can directly improve the chances of your Marketing Ads reaching the right audience. Now that you already know the perks in connecting your Shopify Store to Facebook, we will walk you through how to set up a Shopify Facebook integration.
To set up a Shopify Facebook integration, you should have:
- A Shopify Admin Account
- A Facebook Account
- A Facebook Business Manager Account (create one, if you haven’t set it up already)
- A Facebook Shop (create one, if you haven’t set it up already)
How to set up Shopify Facebook Integration?
The first step will be to add the Facebook Sales Channel. Let’s start the setup on your Shopify Admin.
- Log into your Shopify Admin and click on the plus button on the “Sales Channels“.
- Look for “Facebook” in the list and then click on the plus button beside it to add the Facebook Sales Channel.
- To confirm the Sales Channel integration, scroll down to the bottom and click the “Updated Sales Channel” button.
- To set up your Shopify Facebook integration, click the “Start Setup” button on the Facebook Shop.
- It will then ask you to connect your Facebook Account, Business Manager, and Facebook Page.
- Connect your Facebook account by clicking the “Connect Account” button. A pop-up will prompt you to log in to your Facebook account. Proceed with the connection and then allow Shopify to manage your Facebook ads.
- To connect your Business Manager Account, just click “Connect” beside your Business Account under the Business Manager Section.
- Next is to connect your Facebook page. Just click “Connect” on the page you wish to link with Shopify.
- Toggle “Data Sharing” on to enable it. Choose “Maximum” as your data sharing level.
- Right below the Data Sharing option, click “Connect” to the correct Facebook Ads Id.
- Next is to set up your Facebook Shop. Click “Connect” on your Facebook Shop and finish the setup.
Your Shopify Facebook integration is now complete. The integration may take three to five business days to be reviewed.
Now that you have your Shopify Facebook integration ready, your customers will be directed to your Shopify store once they purchase your product on Facebook.
Steps to Integrate Facebook Ads and Shopify
To leverage the Marketing capabilities of Facebook Ads, you further need to integrate Facebook Ads with Shopify. Follow the below-mentioned steps to set up the integration.
- Step 1: Open Shopify and go to Settings and select ‘Online store’.
- Step 2: Select ‘Preferences’ under ‘Online Store’.
- Step 3: Copy and paste your Facebook pixel ID and click ‘Save’.
Upon setting up a Facebook channel for Shopify, a ‘pixel’ is added to your store. This pixel tracks user behavior on your Shopify store and sends information to Facebook so that the Facebook ads from Shopify reach the right audience.
The pixel tracks it when a visitor visits the page, they make a search, add a product to the cart, click on the checkout button, enter the payment details, and completes the purchase.
If you don’t have a Facebook pixel ID, follow the below instructions:
Steps to Set-up Facebook Pixel ID
- Step 1: If you don’t have a Facebook Ads account first create one here.
- Step 2: Go to Events Manager and select ‘Connect data sources’.
- Step 3: Select ‘Web’. Next, select ‘Facebook pixel’ and then ‘Connect’.
- Step 4: Add your pixel name.
- Step 5: Enter the URL of your website and select ‘Continue’.
Steps to Set-up Shopify Facebook Audience Building Ads
- Step 1: In Shopify, navigate to ‘Marketing’.
- Step 2: Select ‘Create Campaign’.
- Step 3: Now click ‘Facebook audience building ad’.
- Step 4: Install the Facebook channel by clicking ‘Set up Facebook’.
- Step 5: Click ‘Set up‘ in the ‘Facebook Marketing’ section.
- Step 6: Click on ‘Connect’ and sign in to your account to authorize the Facebook channel. (Click Create new if you don’t have a Facebook account.)
- Step 7: Connect a Business Manager, a Facebook Page, and your pixel, or create new.
- Step 8: Connect to your ‘Ads Manager’ account from the Facebook marketing page.
- Step 9: You can select a country where you want to target your ads under the ‘Facebook Audiences’ section.
- Step 10: Accept Facebook’s terms and click ‘Finish setup’.
How does Facebook work with Shopify?
Shopify Facebook Sales Channel:
As a result of Shopify Facebook Integration, a Facebook page is created to market all your Shopify products called Facebook Sales Channel. This Facebook Sales Channel is used to make the appropriate changes to your products, review your entire sales pipeline and complete all your Shopify orders. This Facebook Sales Channel is included in all paid Shopify plans.
Measuring Facebook Ad Success
Facebook ad campaigns need to be monitored and optimized overtime to get the best conversion rate from your spending.
It takes some time for Facebook to optimize your ads for the best results. As a result, your campaign will be less cost-effective at first but should improve over time. If you don’t like the results of a new ad, it’s advisable not to cancel or change it right away. Allow the campaign to reach 1,000 impressions before deciding whether to continue or discontinue it. This will give Facebook’s algorithm some time to find the most appropriate people to show your ad to.
1) Tracking Conversions in Facebook Business Manager
- Step 1: In Facebook Ads Manager, choose the particular campaign, ad set, or ad you want to view.
- Step 2: A table of available metrics will be displayed to you.
- Step 3: Select which tracked events you want to measure from the Columns menu.
- Step 4:Then click on the “Apply” button.
Aside from demonstrating how effective the ad is at achieving its conversion goal, this can reveal useful information about how users interact with your ad, which you can use to refine custom audiences or optimize future ad design.
2) Tracking Conversions in Shopify
In the Marketing section of Shopify Admin, you can see the amount of traffic and sales generated by each of your marketing sources.
You can see which traffic sources are bringing the most leads to your site, as well as which sources are bringing in the most conversions, in this section. Checking your Facebook Ads metrics against this will allow you to see their impact in relation to the larger picture.
Benefits of a Shopify Facebook Store
Here are some of the interesting benefits of the Shopify Facebook Store:
- Shopify Facebook Store can showcase unlimited products.
- This platform supports nearly 100 payment gateways.
- Shopify Facebook Store accepts international currencies and taxes.
- You need not invest in a store directly.
- Shopify Facebook Store has very easy shipping management and order processing.
- This is HTTPS secure and has mobile-optimized checkouts.
- Additionally, Shopify Facebook Store also has analytics support.
Be it driving sales with the help of the embedded ‘Buy’ buttons on Social Media posts, or driving traffic to your eCommerce store, Social Media’s Role in online retail cannot be neglected. It’s the best practice for online retailers nowadays to take their eCommerce stores to social media. And hence, it becomes a necessity to bring together the giants of eCommerce and Social Media for enhanced productivity and experience. A Shopify Facebook integration is the need of the hour.
Facebook has invested heavily in its ‘native shop’ which allows users to purchase products without having to leave the platform. This blog introduced you to Shopify and Facebook. You were further taken through the purpose of Shopify Facebook integration and also were provided a detailed guide on how to set up the integration.
Facebook Ads are not the only source of marketing data. You might be using several sources of data. Handling huge amounts of varied, disparate data can be a real pain. Ensuring data integrity and simplicity for analytics can be a lot of elaborate work. But it does not have to be a frustrating experience. Hevo can make your life a lot easier.Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Hevo is known for its simplicity and you can connect many different sources (free sources like Facebook Ads, Shopify, Shopify Webhook, etc & other paid sources)to truly leverage your customer data. It is a No-code platform and is fully automated. Hevo allows you to not only export data from sources & load data in the destinations, but also transform & enrich your data, & make it analysis-ready so that you can focus only on your key business needs and perform insightful analysis using BI tools. You can easily extract data from Shopify and Facebook using Hevo as per your requirements.
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand.
Share your thoughts on working with Shopify Facebook integration in the comments below.