Setting Up Shopify Instagram Integration: 5 Easy Steps
Coming out with a winning business idea can be one of the most important parts of building a successful online business and can be challenging at times. But what is more challenging is converting that idea into a business opportunity and building a platform to sell your products and services. Gone are the days when you needed to have the technical expertise to run your business online. With platforms like Shopify, you can instantly create your business website and also keep track of your audience.
Table of Contents
Although Shopify provides you with the best tools to run your website, it requires 3rd party integration to promote your products and grow your Sales. This is where Shopify Instagram Integration comes in handy. Hands down, Instagram is the most popular social media platform (with billions of active users) at the moment. What better way to reach your audience than Instagram, right?
Shopify Instagram Integration opens up multiple opportunities for your business. You can promote your products on Shopify, reach out to a targeted audience, create personalized advertisement campaigns, etc. This article will introduce you to Shopify Instagram Integration and its importance in your business. It will also provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to set up Shopify Instagram Integration for your business.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Shopify
- Key Features of Shopify
- Importance of Shopify Instagram Integration
- Steps to Set Up Shopify Instagram Integration
Listed below are the prerequisites for setting up Shopify Instagram Integration:
- A Shopify account.
- An Instagram Business account.
- A Facebook account.
- All the permissions to use Instagram Sales Channel.
Introduction to Shopify
Shopify is one of the leading E-Commerce platforms that you can use to run an online store and sell your products and services. With Shopify, you are not just limited to sell digital products. It provides you with the right functionalities to even sell physical products. Shopify works indiscriminately for any business size (small, medium, and large) and offers them the chance to promote as well as sell their products via multiple platforms such as social media, websites, etc.
Shopify is not restricted to sell any specific category of products. Rather you can seamlessly sell services, memberships, ticketed events, rentals, and even classes and lessons. When people think of Shopify, they think of E-Commerce, but you can also sell in-person with Shopify’s POS (Point of Sales) App. Shopify allows you to keep track of your data that helps in reaching out to targeted customers more effectively.
Key Features of Shopify
Listed below are some of the widely known key features of Shopify:
- Shopify is very easy to use and manage. It provides you complete access to HTML and CSS files of your site and allows you to modify them as per your requirements.
- It provides you right tools to automate the calculation of shipping charges, set reminders to customers, and automate the calculation of taxes on every product.
- Shopify provides you with Search Engine Optimization (SEO) services and also helps in boosting your sales by pointing out the problems on your website and at the same time by fixing them.
For more information on Shopify, click here.
Simplify Sales and Marketing Analysis using Hevo’s No-code Data Pipeline
Hevo Data, a No-code Data Pipeline helps to Load Data from any data source such as Databases, SaaS applications, Cloud Storage, SDKs, and Streaming Services and simplifies the ETL process. It supports 100+ data sources including Shopify, Instagram Business, etc., for free and is a 3-step process by just selecting the data source, providing valid credentials, and choosing the destination. Hevo loads the data onto the desired Data Warehouse, enriches the data, and transforms it into an analysis-ready form without writing a single line of code.
Its completely automated pipeline offers data to be delivered in real-time without any loss from source to destination. Its fault-tolerant and scalable architecture ensure that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss and supports different forms of data. The solutions provided are consistent and work with different Business Intelligence (BI) tools as well.Get Started with Hevo for free
Check out why Hevo is the Best:
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Minimal Learning: Hevo, with its simple and interactive UI, is extremely simple for new customers to work on and perform operations.
- Hevo Is Built To Scale: As the number of sources and the volume of your data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Incremental Data Load: Hevo allows the transfer of data that has been modified in real-time. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow and check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Importance of Shopify Instagram Integration
There are plenty of reasons why you should immediately set up Shopify Instagram Integration for your business. Listed below are some of the major reasons why Shopify Instagram Integration is so important for your business:
- Instagram is one of the most popular and widely used social media platforms. It has more than 1 billion active monthly users. Furthermore, about 80% of these users follow one or more brands.
- According to a research study by Yotpo, 60% of users have discovered new products on Instagram, and 30% out of those users state that they generally buy new products that they discover on Instagram.
- According to a statistical analysis by Hootsuite, 75% of active Instagram users visit a brand’s site after watching their post. This gives you a perfect audience for your website.
- Instagram also allows its users to place an order within the Instagram app via Instagram Checkout. This speeds up the checkout process and substantially increases the Conversion Rate for your business.
Steps to Set Up Shopify Instagram Integration
Follow the steps below to set up Shopify Instagram Integration:
- Step 1: Check Out if you are Eligible to use Instagram Sales Channel
- Step 2: Sign in to your Instagram Business Account
- Step 3: Set Up a Facebook Shop
- Step 4: Connect your Instagram Account to your Facebook Business Page
- Step 5: Activate your Instagram Sales Channel
Step 1: Check Out if you are Eligible to use Instagram Sales Channel
Before setting up Shopify Instagram Integration you need to make sure that you are eligible to use the Instagram Sales Channel. For that you need to meet the following requirements:
- You need to be located in one of the supported countries. You can check out the list of supported countries here.
- You must comply with Facebook’s Commerce Policies and also its Merchant Agreement.
Step 2: Sign in to your Instagram Business Account
Once it is verified that you are eligible to use Instagram Sales Channel, you will have to sign in to your Instagram Business account. An Instagram Business account helps you understand more about your audience and the performance of your posts by providing access to all the analytical data. You can also convert your regular Instagram account to Instagram Business account by following the steps below:
- Go the the “Settings” menu.
- Click on the “Switch to Business Profile” button as shown in the image below.
Step 3: Set Up a Facebook Shop
You will now be wondering why to set up a Facebook Shop when you are setting up Shopify Instagram Integration. However, this is a necessary step to tag your products in Instagram posts. Follow the steps below for setting up a Facebook Shop:
- Sign in to your Shopify account.
- Click on the “+” button (next to “Sales Channel”) and then select “Facebook” as shown in the image below.
- Click on the “Connect Account” button and then choose the Facebook account you would like to use with Shopify as shown in the image below.
- Now, grant Shopify all the permissions to manage your Facebook Business page. Note: The process of approval will take approximately 48 hours.
Step 4: Connect your Instagram Account to your Facebook Business Page
Now, that you have your Facebook Business page approved and ready to use, you need to connect it with your Instagram Account. Follow the steps below for the same:
- Go to the “Settings” menu and click on “Shopping”.
- Select your product catalog under the “Product” section.
- Once you are done with the above steps, Instagram will review your account, and only after passing that you will be able to use your account to create shoppable Instagram posts.
Step 5: Activate your Instagram Sales Channel
This is the final step to set up Shopify Instagram Integration and sell your products on Instagram. Follow the steps below to activate your Instagram Sales Channel in Shopify:
- Click on the “+” button (next to “Sales Channel”).
- In the “Add Sales Channel” dialog box, select “Instagram”.
- Click on the “Add Channel” button.
- Log in to your Facebook account and authorize the request.
That’s it! You have successfully set up Shopify Instagram Integration. Now you can upload new posts and also tag your products to these posts.
This article introduced you to Shopify and Shopify Instagram Integration. It briefed on some of the major reasons why you should have Shopify Instagram Integration for your business. It also provided a comprehensive guide that could come in handy while setting up Instagram Shopify Integration.
With the complexity involves in Manual Integration, businesses are leaning more towards Automated and Continous Integration. This is not only hassle-free but also easy to operate and does not require any technical proficiency. In such a case, Hevo Data is the right choice for you! It will help simplify the Marketing Analysis. Hevo Data supports platforms like Instagram Business, Shopify, etc., for free.Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand.
Share your experience of setting up Shopify Instagram Integration in the comments section below!