Taking your business online has become a norm to amplify your market reach and boost Sales. The Global retail E-Commerce Sales climbed up to 4.28 Trillion US dollars in 2020.
Building an E-Commerce Website from scratch requires resources and valuable man-hours. You can streamline this process by using the popular E-Commerce Platform Shopify and start selling your products in no time.
One of the major contributors to a rich user experience is a reliable and user-friendly payment process. You can set up the Shopify PayPal Integration and allow users to easily pay through PayPal. PayPal is a trusted online payment processor used by more than 360 million active users worldwide for online money transfers. Building a Shopify Paypal Integration provides users with a secure and familiar payment environment on your Shopify Website.
In this article, you will learn how to effectively set up Shopify PayPal Integration for your online business.
Table of Contents
Introduction to Shopify
Shopify is an E-Commerce Platform that allows businesses to set up their Online Stores. This E-Commerce Website builder lays the foundation for retailers to easily sell their products online. Shopify offers you the tools to design your own website, engage with customers, accept payments, etc. It provides a secure ecosystem to host your website, store data, add products, and process orders. With a 99.98% uptime guarantee and SSL certificate, you can be rest assured about the security of your data and focus on managing your business.
Shopify comes with subscription-based plans namely the Basic Shopify, Shopify, and Advanced Shopify to cater to the needs of small and large-sized enterprises. To add more functionalities to your website, you can choose from a vast sea of apps available in the Shopify App Store. For successful and error-free transactions, you can use Shopify payments or accept payments via PayPal by setting up the Shopify PayPal Integration. The excellent team of Shopify Customer Support professionals is available 24/7 to help you with your queries anytime via email, chat, or phone.
Introduction to PayPal
PayPal is a Digital Payments Solution available for individuals and businesses of all sizes. For Online Shoppers, PayPal provides you a hassle-free payment experience by linking your bank account, debit card, or credit card details. You can choose any one of the mentioned routes while paying through PayPal. All the sensitive financial information is encrypted and hidden from the merchant, providing you with a secure payment platform.
Whether you are just starting your business or have an existing multinational enterprise, the PayPal business account can provide a top-notch user experience for your sellers, manage your cash flows and help you expand your business. You can accept payments from your customers Online, In-Person, via QR Codes, Phone, or Email. Making payments to your suppliers and staff is promptly done via PayPal. Available in more than 200 Countries, PayPal allows you to reach a wider audience and accept payments in more than 25 currencies. Continuous monitoring for fraud detection is carried out to remove any risk from your business.
Hevo Data is a No-code Data Pipeline that offers a fully managed solution to set up Data Integration for Shopify and 100+ Data Sources (Including 40+ Free Sources) and will let you directly load data from Shopify to a Data Warehouse or the Destination of your choice for free. It will automate your data flow in minutes without writing any line of code. Its fault-tolerant architecture makes sure that your data is secure and consistent. Hevo provides you with a truly efficient and fully automated solution to manage data in real-time and always have analysis-ready data.
Get Started with Hevo for Free
Let’s look at some of the salient features of Hevo:
Sign up here for a 14-Day Free Trial!
- Fully Managed: It requires no management and maintenance as Hevo is a fully automated platform.
- Data Transformation: It provides a simple interface to perfect, modify, and enrich the data you want to transfer.
- Real-Time: Hevo offers real-time data migration. So, your data is always ready for analysis.
- Schema Management: Hevo can automatically detect the schema of the incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Connectors: Hevo supports 100+ Integrations to SaaS platforms (Including Free Sources like Shopify), Files, Databases, Analytics, and BI tools. It supports various destinations including Google BigQuery, Amazon Redshift, Snowflake Data Warehouses; Amazon S3 Data Lakes; and MySQL, SQL Server, TokuDB, DynamoDB, PostgreSQL Databases to name a few.
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Hevo Is Built To Scale: As the number of sources and the volume of your data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Live Monitoring: Advanced monitoring gives you a one-stop view to watch all the activities that occur within pipelines.
- Live Support: Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
- An active Shopify account.
- An active PayPal business account.
3 Easy Steps to Set up Shopify PayPal Integration
The email address used to Sign in to Shopify for your Online Store is automatically applied for the PayPal Checkout Express Account. If you already have a PayPal Account with the same Email address then you can start using it for the website but do ensure to upgrade it to a Business PayPal Account.
Let’s understand the Shopify PayPal Integration through the following critical aspects:
A) Step 1: Basic Shopify PayPal Integration
To set up your Shopify PayPal Integration, follow these simple steps:
- Step 1: Log in to your Shopify Account and navigate to Settings > Payments.
- Step 2: Under the PayPal Section, select the PayPal Express Checkout.
- Step 3: Click on the Activate button and you will be directed to the PayPal login page.
- Step 4: Log in to your PayPal business account and click on the “ I Give Permission” button.
- Step 5: Now, click on the Back to Shopify option.
- Step 6: In the Payment Authorisation section, select the two options namely:
- Automatically capture payments for orders (Immediate Sale).
- Manually capture payment for orders (Authorize only).
- Step 7: Finally, click on the Save button to complete the Shopify PayPal Integration. You can perform a test transaction to check if the Shopify PayPal Integration is successful.
For more information on how to set up the Shopify PayPal Integration on Mobile devices, you can visit the Shopify Help Center.
B) Step 2: Adding Guest Payments to Shopify PayPal Integration
It is possible that your customers may not have a PayPal Account for making payments on your Shopify website. In your Basic Shopify PayPal Integration, you can add the Guest Payments functionality by turning on the PayPal Account Optional feature. To do this, follow the easy steps below:
- Step 1: Log in to your PayPal Account.
- Step 2: Click on the Profile Icon, found in the top right corner of your screen, and select Account Settings.
- Step 3: From the left side list, click on the Website Payments option under the Products & Services section.
- Step 4: A list of options will appear on your screen. Find Website Preferences and click on the Update option.
- Step 5: Scroll down to the PayPal Account Optional section and Toggle On the PayPal Account Optional feature.
Now, your customers can directly pay with an alternate checkout option without requiring a PayPal Account.
C) Step 3: Add Phone Number Section for Shopify PayPal Express Checkout
You can integrate the customer’s contact information into your Shopify Order Details by providing a Phone Number field during the checkout process. You can add this section by following the easy steps given below:
- Step 1: Log in to your PayPal Business Account.
- Step 2: Click on the Gear Icon ⚙️ and select the Account Settings Option.
- Step 3: Navigate to Website Payments > Website Preferences > Update.
- Step 4: Scroll down to the Contact Telephone Number section and select from the following 3 options:
- On (Optional Field): Makes it optional for the customer to enter their contact number.
- On (Required Field): Makes it compulsory for the customer to enter their contact number and complete the checkout process.
- Off: The contact information field will be removed from the checkout process.
After selecting the On option, a contact number field will be displayed whenever the customer proceeds to a checkout page.
In this article, you have learned how to effectively set up Shopify PayPal Integration for your business. Shopify has provided business owners globally with a platform to design and customise a website for their product without the need to invest in a huge team of Web Developers. Automatic Calculation of Shipping Costs and Taxes, Email Templates, DropShipping, Shopify Themes, etc., are some of the salient features that make Shopify one of the first choices for businesses. Using the Shopify PayPal Integration for accepting and making Payments via PayPal allows the merchants and the customers to enjoy a fast and secure payment process.
After you employ the Shopify PayPal Integration on your website, millions of users comfortable with the PayPal environment would be able to purchase products and make secure payments online. As your customer base rises gradually, an astonishing amount of data is generated associated with your sellers, customers, and orders. Handling this tremendous volume of data across all applications used in your business for Marketing, Sales, Customer Management, etc. can be a cumbersome task. You would require to invest a section of your Engineering bandwidth to efficiently Integrate, Clean, Transform and Load your data into a Data Warehouse for further business analysis. All of this can be comfortably automated by a Cloud-Based ETL Tool like Hevo Data.
Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Hevo Data, a No-Code Data Pipeline can seamlessly transfer your data from a collection of sources like Shopify into a Data Warehouse or a destination of your choice for free. It is a reliable, secure, and fully automated service that does not require you to write any code!
If you are using Shopify to build and manage your E-Commerce website and looking for a stress-free alternative to Manual Data Integration, then Hevo can effortlessly automate this for you. Hevo with its strong integration with 100+ sources & BI tools (Including 40+ Free Sources like Shopify), allows you to not only export & load Data but also transform & enrich your Data & make it analysis-ready.
Want to Take Hevo for a ride? Sign Up for a 14-day free trial and simplify your Data Integration process. Check out the pricing details to get a better understanding of which plan suits you the most.
Share with us your experience of setting up the Shopify PayPal Integration. Let us know in the comments section below!