From the invention of the Printing Press, the first big break, to the invention of the Internet, the golden age, Sales and Marketing have come a long way. With the stores moving online, you have a constant environment where you can observe, adjust and improve your business in such a way that the needs of your customers are met accordingly. If you own a Shopify Store and wish to enhance customer experience and business performance, you’ve landed in the right post.
This post talks about combining two of the most well-known names in the ECommerce sphere, Shopify and WordPress, to run your online business. Shopify WordPress integration allows business owners to unleash the full potential of these two robust platforms to enhance experience and productivity. WordPress and ECommerce go hand in hand, and many retailers turn to the WordPress platform to break into the larger community audience. In this article, you’ll be guided step-by-step on how you can start selling your Shopify Products on any WordPress Site.
Table of Contents
Introduction to Shopify
Shopify is a Cloud-Based E-Commerce Platform that allows you to set up your own Online Store with just the click of a button. This Shopping Cart solution is very user-friendly and easy to comprehend. If you don’t want to go through the hassle of building your own website, setting up a Shopify Store is the best thing you can do for your business. Simply put, Shopify makes it easy for you to sell goods online.
Shopify hosts your business and helps it to grow by allowing you to customize your website as per your liking. Shopify’s easy-to-use Design Templates let you customize your website without writing any code in real-time. Shopify is giving you an online platform to market your products and conduct secure transactions.
Worried about your website crashing during peak hours or hackers breaking into your network? Shopify has got you covered. Shopify offers reliable and secure hosting of your website including Secure Payment Gateways. You can literally sell anything on Shopify, as long as it’s legal of course, from Handcrafted Artifacts to Online Classes, Shopify offers great versatility.
It also gives you the ability to study and analyze customer behavior to get valuable insights into your business. With Shopify’s in-built Analytics and Reports functionalities, you can learn about your Sales and Customers in great detail. Shopify also allows integrations with plenty of third-party services to help your business grow.
Shopify provides users with multiple plans and pricing to choose from, making it a suitable option for Start-Ups and even Enterprises. The Shopify plans offered are Basic Shopify, Shopify, and Advanced Shopify. These plans range from $9 per month to $2000 per month.
Introduction to WordPress
WordPress is one of the world’s leaders when it comes to creating, publishing, and managing websites. It’s a free and Open-Source platform for Bloggers and Publishers to publish their content online. WordPress is the world’s most popular Content Management System (CMS) and more than one-third of all websites are powered by this Website Builder.
You can use WordPress to build and host websites, the template system allows you to customize your website to fit your Blog, Portfolio, Business, or Online Store. You have full control over how your website looks and you can customize it further with the WordPress Themes. Use WordPress plugins to add new features to your WordPress Site. You can also create your own WordPress Templates and Plugins for your specific requirements. Initially, WordPress was developed to be a blog-publishing system but it has evolved with time to support other web content types like Media Galleries, Traditional Mailing Lists and Forums, Online Stores, Learning Management Systems, and Membership Sites.
One of the most appealing aspects of WordPress is that it does not necessarily require any prior coding knowledge in order to create and maintain a website. You can leverage its easy-to-use drag-and-drop tools to create a website from scratch. Plus you also get access to a large selection of commercial and free themes covering almost every field. WordPress is Search Engine friendly, which means the users may develop content that appeals to both visitors and Search Engines, and can be used to create Blogging Websites, Corporate Portfolios, E-Commerce Websites, and much more.
Hevo Data is a No-code Data Pipeline that offers a fully managed solution to set up data integration from Shopify (one of the 30+ Free Data Sources) and 150+ Data Sources and will let you directly load data to a Data Warehouse or the destination of your choice. It will automate your data flow in minutes without writing any line of code. Its fault-tolerant architecture makes sure that your data is secure and consistent. Hevo provides you with a truly efficient and fully automated solution to manage data in real-time and always have analysis-ready data.
Get started with hevo for free
Let’s look at some of the salient features of Hevo:
Sign up here for a 14-day free trial!
- Fully Managed: It requires no management and maintenance as Hevo is a fully automated platform.
- Data Transformation: It provides a simple interface to perfect, modify, and enrich the data you want to transfer.
- Real-Time: Hevo offers real-time data migration. So, your data is always ready for analysis.
- Schema Management: Hevo can automatically detect the schema of the incoming data and map it to the destination schema.
- Scalable Infrastructure: Hevo has in-built integrations for 100’s of sources that can help you scale your data infrastructure as required.
- Live Monitoring: Advanced monitoring gives you a one-stop view to watch all the activities that occur within Data Pipelines.
- Live Support: Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
Purpose of Shopify WordPress Integration
Starting an Online Shop has never been easier than it is now with Shopify and WordPress. WordPress is one of the world’s leaders in creating, publishing, and managing websites. Shopify WordPress integration provides you with out-of-the-box functionalities for online trading. It is possible to integrate Shopify Solutions into WordPress with just a “Buy Button”. It’s an exceptional opportunity for those wishing to break into the larger WordPress community to enhance their productivity.
You can use the Shopify WordPress integration to:
- Allow merchants to easily add the Shopping Cart functionality to their WordPress Websites. Shopify Buy Button is embedded on the front end to enhance the cart experience.
- Sync your products and collections as custom post types to utilize the full potential of native WordPress functionality.
- Set up an online shop without writing a line of code. You don’t have to worry about creating the store from scratch. The “Buy Button” is simple to add and easy to manage.
- Once you set up Shopify WordPress integration, you’ll get access to hundreds of highly customizable themes.
- Shopify WordPress integration has the SEO optimized for you. You can bring in more traffic and increase the overall Sales by boosting the SEO rankings of your website.
To set up a Shopify WordPress integration, you should have:
- A Shopify Store
- A WordPress Site
Shopify WordPress Integration
You’ll now be taken step-by-step through the process of setting up the integration. The WP Shopify integration is pretty much straightforward. The following steps to set up a Shopify WordPress integration are listed below.
Step 1: Set Up Your Shopify Store
To start with, you need an account on Shopify. If you don’t have a Shopify Account, head over to the Sign-Up page to create one. You can follow our detailed guide to set up a Shopify Store.
Step 2: Add your Products
Once you’ve got your website, you can now start building it. To set up your store, you need to add your own products to your site, so that your visitors will be able to purchase them.
- From the Admin Page of your site, go to Products → All Products → Add Products.
- It will take you to the page where you need to add the details about your product. All information related to your products (Pricing, Quantity, etc) that you want to share with your customers goes in here.
- You can also upload images of the product to describe it better.
- Once you’re done adding the details of the product, click on “Save“.
You have now successfully added the product to your website! Similarly, you can add any number of products you want to your website.
Step 3: Activate Shopify Buy Button
To continue with the Shopify WordPress integration, you’ll need to activate the Buy Button. With the Buy Button, you can sell your Shopify Products by linking them across several platforms including WordPress.
- From the Admin Page of your site, go to Settings → Sales channels → Add sales channel.
- You’ll now see a list of available sales channels. Locate the “Buy Button” channel and click the “+” (plus) button beside it to install.
- After the Buy Button sales channel is installed, click on “Create Buy Button”.
- You’ll now see a list of the products that you’ve added to your Shopify Store. Pick the product you want to create a buy button for and click on “Select product”.
- You can further configure and customize the look of your Buy Button with templates and other tools. Once you’re done with the customization, click on “Generate Code”.
You can create a Buy Button for a single product or collection of products using the embed code generated within Shopify.
Step 4: Add Buy Button to your WordPress Site
To add your products to your WordPress Site, you need to paste this code wherever you want your Buy Button to appear on the website. You can paste this code in your Blogs, WordPress Sidebar, Flashnotes, etc. Create a new page on your WordPress site and paste the embed code to display your Buy Buttons.
- To do so, go to the WordPress dashboard. You can either add a new post or edit an existing one to embed a Buy Button.
- Paste the embed code where you want the Buy Button to appear.
- Save the changes.
The Shopify WordPress integration is complete, and you are now ready to sell your products.
With quick and easy ways to set up your own Shopify Online Store, it’s no wonder that Shopify is the world’s Top Rated E-commerce Platform. This article introduced you to Shopify and WordPress and discussed their salient features. Moreover, you were provided with a step-by-step guide on how to set up a Shopify WordPress integration to sell your Shopify Products on any WordPress-powered website.
But when it comes to tracking and analyzing Customer’s Information especially when your Customer Base becomes large, it becomes a daunting task. Integrating and analyzing your data from a diverse set of data sources can be challenging and this is where Hevo saves your efforts and simplifies the process.
visit our website to explore hevo
Hevo Data with its strong integration with 150+ Sources & BI tools such as Shopify (a free Data Source) allows you to not only export data from sources & load data in the destinations, but also transform & enrich your data, & make it analysis-ready so that you can focus only on your key business needs and perform insightful analysis using BI tools.
Give Hevo Data a try by sign up for a 14-day free trial today. Hevo offers