Salesforce helps companies build a holistic view of their customers. As a result, companies generate more Leads, make more data-driven decisions and multiply their chances of success and growth. However, Salesforce Developers are not spared from the challenges that come along with the advantages of the platform. These range from managing the workflows to tracking team projects. The silver lining to these problems is External Work Management Systems that can be seamlessly integrated with Salesforce.
One of those viable Work Management and Collaboration solutions is Smartsheet. Smartsheet is a Software as a Service offering for Collaboration and Work Management that uses a Tabular User Interface to Assign Tasks, Track Project Progress, Manage Calendars, Share Documents, and manage other work. Owing to these features, a Smartsheet Salesforce Integration makes absolute sense.
Upon a complete walkthrough of this article, you will gain a decent understanding of Smartsheet and Salesforce along with the salient features that they offer. You will also learn about the steps required to set up a Smartsheet Salesforce Integration from scratch. Read along to learn more about Smartsheet Salesforce Integration!
Table of Contents
- An active Salesforce account.
- An active Smartsheet account.
- Smartsheet for Salesforce Connector.
Introduction to Smartsheet
Smartsheet is a versatile Spreadsheet-based Work Management tool designed to keep track of team projects. It was launched in 2006 and now has 9 million users (nearly 1 million of whom are paid users) and is leveraged by nearly 100,000 companies ranging from Google and Netflix to the US General Services Administration. Work in Smartsheet revolves around “Sheets” that contain information about a specific project. Users can include a variety of project-related details within each sheet, such as a Description, Status, Due Dates, and which workers have been assigned to complete a task. Users can also Attach Files, Leave Comments, and Request Updates, among other things.
Key Features of Smartsheet
Some of the key features of Smartsheet are as follows:
- Custom Reports: With Smartsheet users can create Custom Reports that aggregate data from multiple sources within multiple sheets. Dashboards, which combine widgets such as Charts, Metrics, and Reports, can also be produced to provide a high-level overview of data within sheets.
- Integrations: Smartsheet integrates with a variety of Collaboration, Productivity, and Business applications, including Microsoft Teams, Google Workspace, Atlassian Jira, ServiceNow, and Salesforce. later in this article, you will learn about Smartsheet Salesforce Integration.
- Workflow Automation: Workflow Automation can be configured with a variety of triggers and actions, such as multi-step approval processes or sending notifications of approaching deadlines to colleagues via Slack.
- No-code Platform: Smartsheet also offers a No-code Platform known as WorkApps which was introduced recently to enable the users to create simple apps by packaging information from Sheets, Forms, and Dashboards into a simple interface.
Introduction to Salesforce
Salesforce is a popular Cloud-Based Customer Relationship Management(CRM) Platform that focuses on optimizing business operations such as Sales, Marketing, and others. Salesforce has also specialized in Data Analytics, Marketing Automation, Customer Service, and Platform Development applications through continued development and efforts.
Salesforce automates repetitive daily tasks for administrators so that they can focus on more strategic business activities. It is a holistic solution for companies that want to easily manage customer data from different channels such as Email, Chat, and Social Media. Salesforce allows you to design Sales Pipelines and Marketing Campaigns that will automatically track Leads, Manage Contacts and Generate Reports for further analysis.
Key Features of Salesforce
Some of the salient features of Salesforce are as follows:
- Lead Management: Salesforce enables companies to track their Leads and continuously optimize their Campaigns across all channels so that they can make data-driven decisions and boost growth.
- Simplified Account Management: Salesforce enables companies to have a holistic view of their customers. It allows you to always have access to the Activity History, Customer Communication, Important Contacts, Internal Account Discussions, etc.
- File Sync and Sharing: Salesforce gives companies the ability to seamlessly share files, collaborate with the entire team, and track its content in real-time. Users can also leverage the Quick Search option to search a specific section of the content.
- Sales Data: With Salesforce, companies can get easy access to the Sales Data in real-time which can be used to connect with Leads and boost Marketing productivity.
- Reports and Dashboards: Salesforce Dashboards provide a real-time and intuitive view of your business performance. It enables companies to view detailed reports that can be seamlessly accessed by any of the team members.
- Workflow and Approvals: With Salesforce Visual Workflow, companies can quickly design and automate business processes by leveraging the drag-and-drop functionality that can be used to drive success with flexible approval processes for Expenses, Customer Discounts, Trial Periods, and more.
Permissions Required before Setting up Smartsheet Salesforce Integration
To set up Smartsheet Salesforce Integration, you need to at least have the following permissions:
- API access should be enabled in Salesforce to complete the Smartsheet Salesforce Integration.
- “View all data” must be enabled in Salesforce.
- The account used for establishing the connection must be a Smartsheet Licensed User.
- The type of user interacting with the Smartsheet for Salesforce Connector must be a Smartsheet System Admin or Salesforce Connector Admin to set up Smartsheet Salesforce Integration.
Hevo Data, a No-code Data Pipeline helps to load data from any data source such as Databases, SaaS applications, Cloud Storage, SDKs, and Streaming Services and simplifies the ETL process. It supports 100+ data sources (including 30+ free sources) and is a 3-step process by just selecting the data source, providing valid credentials, and choosing the destination. Hevo loads the data onto the desired Data Warehouse, enriches the data, and transforms it into an analysis-ready form without writing a single line of code. It helps transfer data from Salesforce to a destination of your choice for free.
Its completely Automated Pipeline offers data to be delivered in real-time without any loss from source to destination. Its fault-tolerant and scalable architecture ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss and supports different forms of data. The solutions provided are consistent and work with different Business Intelligence (BI) tools as well.
Get Started with Hevo for free
Check out why Hevo is the Best:
Sign up here for a 14-day Free Trial!
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Connectors: Hevo supports 100+ data sources and integrations to SaaS platforms such as Salesforce, files, databases, analytics, and BI tools. It supports various destinations including Google BigQuery, Amazon Redshift, Snowflake, and Firebolt Data Warehouses; Amazon S3 Data Lakes; and MySQL, MongoDB, TokuDB, DynamoDB, PostgreSQL databases to name a few.
- Minimal Learning: Hevo, with its simple and interactive UI, is extremely simple for new customers to work on and perform operations.
- Hevo Is Built To Scale: As the number of sources and the volume of your data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Incremental Data Load: Hevo allows the transfer of data that has been modified in real-time. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow and check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Steps to Perform Smartsheet Salesforce Integration using Smartsheet for Salesforce Connector
Now that you have a basic understanding of Smartsheet, Salesforce, and the permissions required for setting up Smartsheet Salesforce Integration, you are ready to learn about the steps involved in setting up Smartsheet Salesforce Integration. Smartsheet for Salesforce Connector enables you to gain valuable insights from your Sales data and drive work execution across teams. This Connector can automate and streamline a wide range of business processes, such as Sales handoffs to Professional Services, Pipeline Review and Forecasting, Commission Calculations and Approvals, and Territory Management.
Follow the steps given below to set up Smartsheet Salesforce Integration in a seamless manner:
- Step 1: Navigate to the Smartsheet for Salesforce Connector Log in Page from a browser of your choice and sign in using your Smartsheet Credentials.
- Step 2: Once you’ve logged in to the Connector, you will be prompted to allow access to your Smartsheet account. Click on Allow to provide the access.
- Step 3: Navigate to the upper left corner of the page and select the Account Admin option.
- Step 4: Click on the Register New Salesforce Organization option which will redirect you to the Salesforce login page.
- Step 5: If you are not already logged in, log in to your Salesforce account and click on Allow when prompted.
- Step 6: Once you have logged in successfully, you will be redirected to the Account Admin page, where you can access all of the tools needed to create and manage workflows between Smartsheet and Salesforce. The Salesforce Organization’s name that you entered previously will also be displayed on the Account Admin Page which marks the end for Smartsheet Salesforce Integration.
Once you follow all the above instructions in the correct sequence, you will be able to set up Smartsheet Salesforce Integration in no time.
Smartsheet Salesforce Integration allows the users to link their Project sheets to Accounts, Contacts, other CRM objects, or any Custom Object, expanding the horizon for real-time collaboration on different project tasks. Smartsheet Salesforce Integration has the potential to maximize the output of any team working on a project. Integrating and analyzing your data from a diverse set of data sources can be challenging and this is where Hevo Data comes into the picture.
Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Hevo Data provides its users with a simpler platform for integrating data from 100+ sources such as Salesforce for Analysis. It is a No-code Data Pipeline that can help you combine data from multiple sources. You can use it to transfer data from multiple data sources into your Data Warehouse, Database, or a destination of your choice. It also helps transfer data from Salesforce to a destination of your choice for free. It provides you with a consistent and reliable solution to managing data in real-time, ensuring that you always have Analysis-ready data in your desired destination.
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand. You can also have a look at our unbeatable pricing that will help you choose the right plan for your business needs!
Share your experience of learning about Smartsheet Salesforce Integration! Let us know in the comments section below!