Thanks to technological advances, healthcare organizations are now collecting, managing, and analyzing a greater variety of data. It is nearly impossible to integrate all the data on one platform and transform it into insights that can change the industry with a large number of legacy systems and a high amount of sensitive, personalized and segregated data being generated.
The Technologies used by Snowflake Healthcare have made cloud computing easier and more effective by leveraging AI, Big Data, and Machine Learning.
In this post, A Cloud-based Data Warehouse such as Snowflake can address these difficulties and meet the industry’s growing demand for interoperability and assist us in healthcare.
Cloud storage, which is used to store bits and bytes of healthcare data, is now a means by which data can be easily accessed and mined from one endpoint, lowering the operational cost, gaining efficiency, and empowering tasks like personalized patient care. These factors have made Cloud Computing a trend in Healthcare that will dominate the market.
Time-to-Insight, Security, and Accuracy are becoming increasingly crucial in Healthcare. Health care professionals are being enabled to provide better care worldwide through disruptive technologies. With Snowflake, AI is applied to MRI scans to speed up and facilitate Accurate Diagnosis and Intelligent Patient Triage.
Table of Contents
What is Snowflake?
Founded in 2012, Snowflake is a fully managed Software as a Service platform that offers integrated capabilities for data warehouses, data science, data lakes, data engineering, data science, and real-time/shared data sharing and consumption. The Snowflake Cloud Computing Platform addresses the demands of growing organizations by supporting features such as data sharing, data cloning, and scalability on the fly.
Snowflake enables you to quickly construct data-intensive apps. It supports a variety of programming languages, including Go, Java,.NET, Python, C, and Node. js, and others. Snowflake offers Data Warehousing, Computing, and Analytic Capabilities that are far faster, easier to use, and more versatile than traditional solutions.
Since no hardware or software is required for setup, installation, configuration, or management, it’s ideal for businesses that don’t want to take the time to set up, maintain, and support in-house servers.
For example, if you require real-time data loads for complicated transformations but only have a few sophisticated queries in your reporting, you can create a huge Snowflake Warehouse for the data load and then scale it back down once it’s finished — all in real-time. This will save you significant money while not risking your solution objectives.
Key Features of Snowflake
Some of Snowflake’s distinguishing qualities are as follows:
- Scalability: Snowflakes’ Multi-Cluster Shared Data Architecture divides computation and storage resources. This method allows users to scale up resources when big volumes of data must be loaded fast and scale back down after the process is finished without interfering with other activities.
- No Extracurricular Activities: It enables organizations to set up and operate a system without relying on Database Administrators or IT teams. It does not require any software or hardware to be installed or activated.
- Security: Snowflake includes several security features that range from how users access Snowflake to how data is stored. You can manage Network Policies by whitelisting IP addresses to restrict access to your account.
- Semi-Structured Data Support: By employing the VARIANT schema on the Read data type, Snowflake’s architecture enables the storage of Structured and Semi-Structured data in the same area. VARIANT can hold both structured and semi-structured data. Snowflake automatically parses the data, extracts the properties, and saves it in Columnar Format after it is loaded.
A fully managed No-code Data Pipeline platform like Hevo Data helps you integrate data from 100+ Data Sources (including 40+ Free Data Sources) to a destination of your choice such as Snowflake in real-time in an effortless manner. Hevo with its minimal learning curve can be set up in just a few minutes allowing the users to load data without having to compromise performance. Its strong integration with umpteenth sources provides users with the flexibility to bring in data of different kinds, in a smooth fashion without having to code a single line.
GET STARTED WITH HEVO FOR FREE
Check out some of the cool features of Hevo:
SIGN UP HERE FOR A 14-DAY FREE TRIAL!
- Completely Automated: The Hevo platform can be set up in just a few minutes and requires minimal maintenance.
- Real-Time Data Transfer: Hevo provides real-time data migration, so you can have analysis-ready data always.
- 100% Complete & Accurate Data Transfer: Hevo’s robust infrastructure ensures reliable data transfer with zero data loss.
- Scalable Infrastructure: Hevo has in-built integrations for 100+ sources, that can help you scale your data infrastructure as required.
- 24/7 Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to you through chat, email, and support calls.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow so you can check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Trends Transforming The Healthcare Industry
The Healthcare Industry is undergoing a huge Digital Revolution, and Organizations and Individuals stand to gain a lot due to new trends that use data to improve patient care.
Cloud Data platforms are the best way for organizations to leverage these developments. To reach their full potential, all four trends listed below require the cloud capabilities, such as flexibility, security, and accessibility.
1) Mobile Health
Patients can now access their health information on-demand thanks to Mobile Health Data Applications or mHealth. Patients can easily access their medical records, communications with their medical team, and appointments and manage their billing and appointments through these apps 24 hours a day. Individuals can now manage their health information using the centralized Electronic Health Records (EHRs).
2) Genomic Analytics
Personalized medicine, or precision medicine, has grown due to genomic research and DNA sequencing advances. Petabytes of genetic information is analyzed to provide a holistic view of a patient’s genome to enable precision medicine. A wide variety of disciplines within genomics are integrating various types of data in precision medicine, which is a rapidly expanding field.
Among the many other things, Pharmacogenomics integrates clinical and drug-related information with genomic information to evaluate the effectiveness and likelihood of adverse effects of specific drugs. Genomics research is vast and continuously evolving, covering everything from genome-wide analyses to advanced epigenetics.
3) The Internet of Medical Things (IoMT)
In Healthcare, IoMT includes a wide variety of applications and devices connected to the Internet. IoMT includes a wide range of devices connected to the Internet, such as wearables for consumers, remote patient monitoring systems, sensor-equipped hospital beds, medication-tracking systems, and software that tracks medical equipment and supplies.
With the IoMT ecosystem expanding, patients with chronic diseases can undergo remote monitoring, drug management is improved, and patient care is improved as a result. Remote Monitoring, Improved Drug Management, and better patient experience are some of the benefits of IoMT. Medical supplies can also be safer and cheaper with IoMT.
4) Emerging Technologies
The Future of Healthcare and Life Sciences organizations is bright, thanks to emerging technologies such as AI, Machine Learning, and Blockchain. Patients and customers stand to gain endless benefits from the organizations advancing clinical trials and medical research.
Deloitte describes AI’s rapid implementation in life sciences as a valuable tool for understanding and using data intelligently. A New Generation of Diagnostics, Treatment Plans, Patient Monitoring, and Drug Discovery could be possible. Additionally, Health and life sciences organizations can quickly gather and securely share data without undue manual effort using blockchains.
How is Snowflake Useful for Healthcare?
- Snowflake Healthcare & Life Sciences Data Cloud gives healthcare companies a single, integrated, Cross-cloud data platform that eliminates technical and institutional data silos. This allows enterprises to securely centralize, consolidate, and exchange critical and sensitive data on a large scale.
- Snowflake guarantees a high level of data security and governance, and its built-in capabilities and immense partner network enable organizations to better meet compliance requirements and meet industry regulations.
- With Snowflake, you can run advanced analyses to gain deeper insights and better decisions. You can leverage the advanced data and analytics capabilities of Snowflake to enhance interoperability and unlimited data access.
- The entire industry will benefit from this vibrant and connected ecosystem to access the data they need when they need it. Snowflake allows healthcare organizations to access patients, customers, partners, and their partners. It helps you reach your goal of achieving better results for your business.
What Sets Snowflake Healthcare Solutions Apart From Other Cloud Service Providers?
The difference between Snowflake Healthcare and other Cloud Healthcare solutions is based on five elements, which also serve as the pillars of our Cloud Healthcare and Life Science solutions, such as
1) Snowflake Healthcare: Powerful Analytics
The Snowflake Cloud Platform’s Big Data tools can process petabytes of healthcare data at lightning speed. By combining Imaging, Genomics, Clinical, and Insurance Data, you can develop new treatments, advance care, and streamline operations in the medical industry. By using Snowflake’s migration services, customers can seamlessly adapt their solutions to hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
2) Snowflake Healthcare: Machine Learning and AI
Snowflake allows you to get the most insight out of your data without needing a massive team, while AI is already transforming Healthcare. Several models will be provided that will let you categorize videos and images as well as extract data from thousands of documents and surveys. TensorFlow and Cloud Machine Learning Engine even allow you to build customized models to run and scale your models.
3) Snowflake Healthcare: Connected Care
Data Interoperability has become more important than ever before as the demands of patients become more inclined toward seamless care. In addition to supporting legacy technologies, the Snowflake Platform also supports emerging technologies such as mobile apps, fitness trackers, and remote device monitoring, providing digital experiences for patients.
So, when you implement Snowflake Healthcare, your data remains private and local while still supporting high innovation.
4) Snowflake Healthcare: Elastic Performance Engine
With Snowflake, you’ll be able to simplify your architecture with a single engine that supports extremely sophisticated data pipelines, large-scale analytics, feature engineering, and interactive apps across your critical data workloads.
Snowflake provides instant and cost-efficient scalability so that your systems can handle virtually any number of concurrent users and workloads without sacrificing performance. Snowflake supports robust SQL access and the Snowpark toolkit for Java and Scala access so that users of all skill levels can use it. Through native pushdown integrations, users can even directly access their favorite external tools.
5) Snowflake Healthcare: Intelligent Infrastructure
Automating your data is a full-service solution that reduces risk, increases efficiency, and focuses your teams on data initiatives of high value. Using Snowflake, your organization can remain up and running even in the most stressful of circumstances. Data replication is automated, no matter which region of the world you are in or which cloud you are in. Also, Snowflake keeps improving for faster performance, better compression of storage, and more, all automatically without any action from you.
Organizations that are Using Snowflake Healthcare Solution
Hundreds of organizations across all industries are sharing data within their ecosystem using the Snowflake Healthcare solution. This solution is already used by various organizations such as Anthem, IQVIA, Komodo Health, Siemens Healthineers, Spectrum Health, Novartis, and Roche.
Snowflake Cloud Data Platform enables organizations to drive innovation with large-scale genomic analytics, empower patients with mobile health data applications, and enjoy the many benefits of the growing IoMT ecosystem.
To meet the growing storage and computing needs of data, you would need to invest some of your Engineering Bandwidth in integrating data from all sources, cleaning and transforming it, and finally loading it to a Cloud Data Warehouse like Snowflake for further Business Analytics. All of these issues can be efficiently addressed by a Cloud-Based ETL tool like Hevo Data, A No-code Data Pipeline, that has awesome 100+ pre-built Integrations that you can choose from.
Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Hevo can help you integrate your data from numerous various sources and load them into destinations like Snowflake to analyze real-time data with BI tools of your choice. It will make your life easier and Data Migration hassle-free. It is user-friendly, reliable, and secure.
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up for a 14-day free trial and see the difference. You can also check out our pricing plans to choose the best-matched plan for your business needs.
Share your experience of learning about Snowflake Healthcare in the comments section below. We would love to hear more from you!