Surveymonkey Salesforce Integration: 11 Easy Steps
Most companies rely on Salesforce data to inform day-to-day customer operations. Sometimes the data from Sales, Marketing, and Support will not yield you the result you are looking for. Since it is hard to anticipate the decisions of your customer in preferring your product or services. Surveys are essential to know what your customer is thinking, which will help you to personalize the marketing strategy. SurveyMonkey is the fastest and easiest way to get direct feedback from your customers. With SurveyMonkey Salesforce integration, you can send surveys to your customers before and after purchasing your product or services SurveyMonkey integration with Salesforce enriches your Salesforce data with prospects and customer feedbacks
Table of Contents
In this blog on SurveyMonkey Salesforce integration, you will be introduced to SurveyMonkey and Salesforce along with their Key Features. The pre-requisites and steps involved in SurveyMonkey Salesforce integration will be discussed in detail.
Table of contents
- Introduction to Salesforce
- Introduction to SurveyMonkey
- SurveyMonkey Salesforce Integration
Introduction to Salesforce
Salesforce is a cloud-based Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool that is designed to support companies in managing their Sales and Customer related data. You can use the Salesforce CRM without any technical background as it is easy to set up and manage. It has redefined the relationship between businesses and their customers by developing a more meaningful connection between them. By providing a single view for each of your client interactions, Salesforce CRM can give you unique insights into the customer’s journey and at the same time empower you with tools that can enhance your customers’ experience.
Also, Salesforce is Cloud-based, which implies that it can provide high flexibility and scalability to its users. Salesforce is the ultimate solution for your business as it provides all the necessary elements for your business on an automation platform with embedded intelligence.
Key Features of Salesforce
Salesforce is one of the most widely used CRM tools and the following features are responsible for its immense popularity:
- Ease of Setup: Unlike other CRMs, which on average take up to nearly a year to get installed and deployed, Salesforce can be set up from scratch and be deploy ready within few weeks only.
- Straightforward: Businesses don’t have to spend much time training their employees for using this CRM. It is quite straightforward and does not require much training or technical experience.
- Customizable: Salesforce’s specialty lies in the customization that it offers. Users can customize this CRM tool according to their business requirements. This particular feature plays a huge role in Salesforce’s immense popularity.
- Account Planning: Salesforce supplies you with enough insights about each Lead so that your Sales Team can tailor-make their approach for every potential Lead. This will surely increase their probability of success and the customer will also get a personalized experience.
- Accessibility: Salesforce being a Cloud-based software, is accessible from all remote locations if you have a working internet connection. Moreover, Salesforce offers an application for mobile phones thus making it super convenient for the users.
Introduction to SurveyMonkey
SurveyMonkey helps organizations to collect data about people using free online surveys and transform them into insights that can power the business. SurveyMonkey is not only limited to surveys but also can create quizzes and polls. It can bundle data collection instruments as web links, E-Mail, or through social media. SurveyMonkey also helps analyze the data once your audience provides the feedback. Its analytics features can automatically segment data based on key differentiators and present insights about the results.
Key Features of SurveyMonkey
SurveyMonkey helps Marketers and companies to interact with customers and gather customer information. A few features of SurveyMonkey are listed below:
- Customizable: SurveyMonkey provides options to customize the themes of the survey form. You can pick up the theme that is most suitable for your survey.
- Hassle-Free setup: The process of creating questions in SurveyMonkey is easy. You can drag and drop questions to create a survey. You can add logic such as Page Skip logic, Page Randomization logic, and etc to each question.
- Payment page: You can add a payment page at the end of the survey to accept payments.
- Preview Survey: SurveyMonkey provides an option to preview the survey. You can replace the device name and preview it before sending it to the customer.
- Get Responses using Collectors: You can send your survey form using different types of Collectors such as Weblink, Social Media, Text message and etc. You can manage the end date for taking the survey.
- Analyze Results: SurveyMonkey provides an option to view and analyze the responses during the process of collecting itself. SurveyMonkey provides varieties of charts and filters to visualize your results.
- Export Results: You can export survey results data to view offline.
Simplify Salesforce ETL and Data Integration using Hevo’s No-code Data Pipeline
Hevo Data is a No-code Data Pipeline that offers a fully managed solution to set up data integration from Salesforce (one of the 30+ Free Data Sources) and 100+ Data Sources and will let you directly load data to a Data Warehouse or the destination of your choice. It will automate your data flow in minutes without writing any line of code. Its fault-tolerant architecture makes sure that your data is secure and consistent. Hevo provides you with a truly efficient and fully automated solution to manage data in real-time and always have analysis-ready data.Get started with hevo for free
Let’s look at some of the salient features of Hevo:
- Fully Managed: It requires no management and maintenance as Hevo is a fully automated platform.
- Data Transformation: It provides a simple interface to perfect, modify, and enrich the data you want to transfer.
- Real-Time: Hevo offers real-time data migration. So, your data is always ready for analysis.
- Schema Management: Hevo can automatically detect the schema of the incoming data and map it to the destination schema.
- Scalable Infrastructure: Hevo has in-built integrations for 100’s of sources that can help you scale your data infrastructure as required.
- Live Monitoring: Advanced monitoring gives you a one-stop view to watch all the activities that occur within Data Pipelines.
- Live Support: Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
SurveyMonkey Salesforce Integration
For SurveyMonkey integration with Salesforce, you must have a SurveyMonkey enterprise license.
Steps in SurveyMonkey Salesforce Integration
The Steps involved in SurveyMonkey Salesforce Integration are given below,
Step1: Login to your SurveyMonkey account. Click the Products icon and select Integrations & Plug-ins.
Steps2: Select Salesforce from the featured apps. To connect the sandbox instance, click on ‘ADD SANDBOX ACCOUNT’. The connected orgs will be visible after connecting to Salesforce.
Steps3: Click on ‘CONNECT SURVEY’ to add a survey to the account. You can select the survey to be connected from the surveys listed in SurveyMonkey.
Steps4: Click on ‘ADD OBJECT MAPPING’ to map your SurveyMonkey data to Salesforce. Choose a mapping action and object that you want to create or update.
Steps5: In SurveyMonkey Salesforce integration, you must next select the appropriate Object Mappings depending upon your requirements.
- In case you want to send the response of each answered question to SurveyMonkey when the customer completes the entire survey, Select Sync all responses to SurveyMonkey’s Response object.
- If you want to send the response of each answered question to SurveyMonkey each time a customer finishes a page of your survey, Select Sync partial responses to Salesforce.
- If the purpose of survey fields is only to create or update fields on an existing Salesforce object, then you don’t need any of these options.
Steps6: You can customize how your survey field maps to a salesforce object field in SurveyMonkey Salesforce integration. Click ‘Add Field Mapping’ to add a field mapping in the Survey Field Mappings table.
Step7: After mapping is done, click on ‘SAVE OBJECT‘.
Step8: Click on ‘Add Object Mapping‘ to map many salesforce objects.
Step9: Now after saving, you will be redirected to Deployment Options. SurveyMonkey provides two ways in which you can send your invite.
- Web Link: A custom survey URL that you can copy and paste into a Salesforce distributed email.
- Email Invitation: You can paste this URL into Salesforce outbound message action.
Step10: You can select an existing collector or create a new one.
Step11: To save these changes made, click on ‘SAVE MAPPING‘, then send your survey invite either using a Web Link or an Email Invitation
The survey results will get saved in the object that you have mapped within SurveyMonkey with SurveyMonkey Salesforce integration. You can analyze the responses using reports and dashboards.
Mapping in SurveyMonkey Salesforce Integration
In SurveyMonkey integration with Salesforce, there are three ways to map responses from SurveyMonkey to Salesforce.
- You can map responses to a custom object
- You can map responses to a standard Salesforce object
- You can map responses to the SurveyMonkey response object
A detailed explanation of the mapping actions is given below:
|Action||What it does||Select this action when mapping to|
|Sync all responses to SurveyMonkey’s Response object||When a survey taker clicks Done on the last page of the survey, each answered survey question creates a SurveyMonkey Response record||The SurveyMonkey Response Object|
|Sync partial responses to Salesforce||Each time a survey taker clicks Next to move on in the survey, each answered question on that page will sync, rather than syncing upon survey completion||A custom object, a standard Salesforce object, or the SurveyMonkey Response Object|
|Disable active assignment rules on creating or updating Salesforce records||Active assignment rules aren’t re-applied when Accounts, Cases, or Leads records are created or updated||A custom object, a standard Salesforce object, or the SurveyMonkey Response Object|
Mapping Action Options are given below.
|Mapping action||What it does|
|Create a new||Create a new object in Salesforce for each survey response. This option doesn’t check to see if the record already exists—it just creates a new record each time.|
|Update an existing||Use your query mapping to find existing objects. If an object exists, it’s updated. If the object doesn’t exist, an entry is added to your Error Log. When you select this option, you can choose to Overwrite record fields that have existing values.|
|Update or create||Use your query mapping to find existing objects. If an object exists, it’s updated. If it doesn’t exist, a new object is created.|
The three Mapping types are discussed here.
|Mapping type||What it does||When to use|
|Query mappings||Query mappings tell the integration how to find existing records.||Available when you’re updating existing records|
|Field mappings||Field mapping lets the integration map your SurveyMonkey response and metadata to the appropriate Salesforce object fields. You can map any response field to one or more objects in Salesforce. If a field fails to transfer, an entry is added to your Error Log.||Available with all mapping actions but not necessary when mapping to the SurveyMonkey Response Object|
|Hidden mappings||Hidden mappings pass static values through to an object field each time a survey response comes in. For example, you can send a record type ID to designate which record type a survey should sync to if multiple exist for your object.||(Optional) Available with all mapping actions but not necessary when mapping to the SurveyMonkey Response Object|
From this blog on SurveyMonkey Salesforce integration, you would have understood the Key Features of SurveyMonkey and Salesforce along with their brief introduction. You would now be clear with the steps involved in SurveyMonkey Salesforce integration. SurveyMonkey integration with Salesforce will make syncing your Salesforce data with your customer feedback hassle-free.
Hevo Data, with its strong integration with 100+ Sources & BI tools such as Salesforce (Free Data Source), allows you to not only export data from sources & load data in the destinations, but also transform & enrich your data, & make it analysis-ready so that you can focus only on your key business needs and perform insightful analysis using BI tools. You can easily extract data from Salesforce using Hevo to track the performance of your business and optimize it further to increase revenue.visit our website to explore hevo
Give Hevo Data a try and sign up for a 14-day free trial today. Hevo offers plans & pricing for different use cases and business needs, check them out!
Do you use Salesforce? Share your experience of working with SurveyMonkey Salesforce integration in the comments section below.