Shopify is a Software-as-a-Service (Saas) E-Commerce solution that helps you build your online store from scratch. It easily works as a base for all types of stores. With Shopify, you can sell products, services, associations, etc., very easily. On the other hand, Taboola is a native Advertising Platform that helps you craft Ad Campaigns for your products and services. You can target your audience based on their behavior, geographical location, etc. This helps you market your products and boost your sales.
Although Taboola and Shopify are perfect tools when used independently, it is advised to integrate Taboola and Shopify to enhance the features of these tools and boost your business. Taboola Shopify Integration is used to analyze the data collected from Shopify and accordingly craft Ad Campaigns for the targeted audiences.
This article introduces you to Taboola and Shopify and their significance in your business. It provides a step-by-step guide to set up Taboola Shopify Integration manually. It also provides the advantages of Integrating Taboola Shopify. Keep reading to know more.
Table of Contents
Introduction to Taboola
Taboola is an Advertising Platform that helps you target Advertising Campaigns to market your services and products. With Taboola, you can analyze your customer’s behavior and accordingly target your Campaigns. It helps you reach out to the most relevant and receptive audiences.
With Taboola, you can increase your reach and traffic on your website by crafting Advertising Campaigns based on the insights extracted from your data. Taboola is powered by Deep Learning algorithms which helps you target relevant audience at the right time. Taboola works in 5 easy steps which are listed below:
- First, create the content for articles, blogs, and videos.
- Launch the Campaign after targeting and budgeting it.
- Taboola will now recommend your content to the most relevant and receptive audiences across top publisher sites.
- Taboola’s algorithm then targets drive-up clicks, traffic, and conversions.
- You can then use Taboola to analyze data and take necessary actions to maximize performance.
Key Features of Taboola
Listed below are the key features of Taboola:
- Taboola is powered by Deep Learning Technology that analyzes your content and extracts a large number of “signals”. These signals help to match the content to the people who are most likely to engage with it.
- With Taboola, you can access over 1 billion users and discovered new audiences for your Ad Campaigns.
- Taboola is transparent i.e. you can see what is working best for you and where you can improve to get better results.
For more information on Taboola, click here.
Introduction to Shopify
Shopify is a platform that you can use to build an E-Commerce store. You can build an online store from where people can purchase things from you. Shopify also provides you an option to host your website for you.
Shopify is a leading E-commerce platform designed for a business of any size. It doesn’t matter if you have a startup, small-sized business, medium-sized business, or a well-established business. Shopify helps you set up your online business from scratch. With Shopify, you can sell physical and digital products. You can sell services, memberships, ticketed events, rentals, and even classes and lessons.
Key Features of Shopify
Listed below are the key features of Shopify:
- It works perfectly well for all types of businesses i.e. you can sell anything and everything using Shopify.
- You can build your online store from scratch and it does not require any technical knowledge or background to do this. It is easy to use and access.
- You can easily integrate Shopify with 3rd party apps. For example, you can automate your fulfillment process with a 3rd party shipping app.
For more information on Shopify, click here.
Hevo Data, a No-code Data Pipeline helps to Load Data from any data source such as Databases, SaaS applications, Cloud Storage, SDKs, and Streaming Services and simplifies the ETL process. It supports 100+ data sources (including Taboola, Shopify, etc. for free) and is a 3-step process by just selecting the data source, providing valid credentials, and choosing the destination. Hevo loads the data onto the desired Data Warehouse, enriches the data, and transforms it into an analysis-ready form without writing a single line of code.
Its completely automated pipeline offers data to be delivered in real-time without any loss from source to destination. Its fault-tolerant and scalable architecture ensure that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss and supports different forms of data. The solutions provided are consistent and work with different Business Intelligence (BI) tools as well.
Get Started with Hevo for free
Check out why Hevo is the Best:
Sign up here for a 14-day Free Trial!
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Minimal Learning: Hevo, with its simple and interactive UI, is extremely simple for new customers to work on and perform operations.
- Hevo Is Built To Scale: As the number of sources and the volume of your data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Incremental Data Load: Hevo allows the transfer of data that has been modified in real-time. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow and check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Steps to Set Up Taboola Shopify Integration
This method includes manually setting up Taboola Shopify Integration to make full use of your data for targeted Ad Campaigns. Follow the steps below to set up manual Taboola Shopify Integration:
Step 1: Export Shopify Data to CSV File
Follow the steps below to export Shopify Data to CSV file:
1) Log In to your Shopify Account
Log in to your Shopify account as shown in the image below and go to your E-Commerce store Administrative page. In case you don’t have a Shopify account, click here to create a new account and start building your E-Commerce store.
2) Sort and Filter your Orders
Go to “Orders” from your Shopify admin page. You will be redirected to a new page where you will see various sorting options such as Order Number, Date, Customer Name, etc. Select the sorting order of your choice and click on “Sort”.
Similarly, under “Orders”, select a filter category of your choice and then click on “Done”.
3) Select the Orders you want to Export
Go to the “Export Orders” window and select the orders you want to export. For example, if you want to export your orders by date, then click on “Export Orders by Date”. For exporting orders by date, you will also have to set the start and end dates for the orders.
4) Select the Export File Format
Once you are done with selecting the orders you want to export, you need to select the file format in which you want to export your data. Select the file format under “Export as”.
It is recommended to go for CSV format for easy processing and accessibility.
You can also select the information you want to export about your orders as shown in the image below. As Tabaalo only accepts customer’s details like name, email address, etc., it is better to export only those information about your orders.
Step 2: Import the Exported Data to your Taboola Account
1) Log In to your Taboola Account
Log In to your Taboola account and in case you don’t have one, click here to create a new account as shown in the image below.
2) Create a Customer File
In the top menu in Taboola Ads, click on “Audiences”. Select “From Customer File” under “New Audiences” to upload the customer file that you exported from Shopify as shown in the image below.
3) Upload the CSV File
Choose the file that you exported from Shopify by clicking on the “Choose File” option.
4) Select the File Content-Type
Select the content type that suits the CSV file that you are uploading as shown in the image below. There are 3 options here:
- Mobile Device IDs (IDFA or GAID)
- 5 digits US Zipcodes
In case the emails in the CSV file are not hashed, Taboola will hash the email on the client-side without saving any of the emails on your server.
5) Name the Audience
Name the Audience for your CSV file and click on “Ok”. Once done, you will see the files appear in the Audience Table with “Processing” status, and after 2-3 days, the status will change to “Ready”.
6) Suppress the Audience
When the Audience Table status turns to “Ready”, target or suppress the audience under “My Audiences” on the “Edit Campaign” page as shown in the image below. This will change the status of the corresponding audience to “Active”.
That’s it. You have successfully set up Taboola Shopify Integration for your E-commerce store using the manual process!
Advantages of Setting Up Taboola Shopify Integration
Now you have the basic knowledge of Taboola and Shopify and know how to set up Taboola Shopify Integration, it is time to learn about the advantages of integrating Taboola Shopify. Listed below are the advantages of setting up Taboola Shopify Integration:
- Target Relevant Audience: With the integration of Taboola and Shopify, you can analyze the data exported from Shopify and accordingly create Ad Campaigns for the targeted audience.
- Increase in Sales: Taboola Shopify Integration helps you increase your Sales. You can analyze the data and make Marketing Strategies based on Geographical Location, Customer Behavior, etc.
- Allows Better Understanding of your Audience: Integrating Taboola Shopify helps you better understand your audience and their behavior. With this kind of information, you will be able to craft better Ad Campaigns.
Limitations of Setting Up Taboola Shopify Integration
Listed below are the limitations of setting up Taboola Shopify Integration:
- Setting up manual Taboola Shopify Integration requires technical expertise and experience in working with Taboola and Shopify.
- As you will need to integrate data periodically, there is a high possibility of Data Redundancy.
- As the whole process is not automated, you need to make sure that every step is implemented properly. This makes it time-consuming and a tedious task to perform.
The article introduced you to Taboola and Shopify. It provided a step-by-step guide that you can use to set up Taboola Shopify Integration. It also provided the advantages of Taboola Shopify Integration. With the complexity involved in Manual Integration, businesses are leaning towards Automated Integration. It is hassle-free, easy to operate, and does not require any technical background. In such a case Hevo Data is the right choice for you!
Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand. You can also have a look at the unbeatable pricing that will help you choose the right plan for your business needs.
Share your experience of setting up Taboola Shopify Integration in the comments section below!