There are multiple ways through which you can earn money through blogging. Content Creators and Publishers are shifting to distinct alternatives to Ads platforms for a better source of income. On the other side, Advertisers are looking for popular Ad platforms that satisfy their requirements and provide good results. Investing in the best Marketing Platforms doesn’t mean it will give the best results. It also depends on what type of market and audience you are targeting.
It’s true that platforms like Google AdSense deliver satisfactory results to Advertisers and pay a competitive revenue share to Publishers. But these platform fails when you need to target audiences who don’t know about you, who don’t know what they are looking for and when your product or service is new in the market that no one knows about it. Taboola Ads is a Native Ads platform that recommends Ads to people. It uses algorithms to suggest the best content related to what someone is reading.
WordPress is a content management service that most Content Creators, Publishers, and Bloggers use. To generate revenue from their site, people use Taboola WordPress Integration. In this article, you will learn the steps to Taboola WordPress Integration and how the combination is beneficial for Publishers and Advertisers.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Taboola
- Introduction to WordPress
- Steps to Taboola WordPress Integration
- Benefits of Taboola WordPress Integration
- An active Taboola account.
- An active WordPress account.
Introduction to Taboola
Taboola is the world’s largest content discovery and Native Ads platform. It is known for its online thumbnail grid Ads. According to stats, Taboola scans more users than Facebook in the US. Taboola recommends users Ads related to the content they like. Taboola’s AI algorithms resonate with users so well to keep them engaged on the web. Taboola is a marketplace that connects Publishers and Advertisers.
Taboola balances the connection between Advertisers and Publishers in the following way:
- Advertisers who like to show their Ads on the web and want to get more traffic on their sites. They subscribe to Taboola and pay it based on the charges.
- Content Creators, Bloggers who publish content on the web and want to generate revenue. They add Taboola Widgets on their site to show Ads for Taboola and get paid.
- Taboola connects both by showing advertisers’ Ads on Publisher websites. It recommends the relevant Ads related to the content that visitors are reading.
Key Features of Taboola
Taboola gives more than 150 billion recommendations per month and has around 400 million unique visitors through its Ads. It provides features that attract Advertisers and Publishers. Some of the features are listed below:
- Connects to the Right Audience: Taboola allows Advertisers to get relevant visitors to their site with the help of Taboola’s algorithms.
- A/B Testing: The A/B Testing allows Publishers to set Taboola Widgets and optimize their website accordingly. It helps Publishers to add the Taboola Widget most appealingly based on the site’s design.
- Reporting Tools: Taboola offers Reporting tools that allow Advertisers to quickly have a glance over the performance of their content across various channels.
To learn more about Taboola, click here.
Introduction to WordPress
WordPress is an open-source platform that allows you to easily create a website, and publish and manage content. Around 40% of the top 10 million websites on the internet run on the WordPress platform. It is a user-friendly and easy-to-use tool that makes it easier for Bloggers and Publishers to get their content to the web. The best thing about WordPress which makes it attractive is that one doesn’t need coding knowledge to create and manage their site.
WordPress provides drag and drops tools to build a website from scratch and comes with a plethora of paid and free themes that cover almost all the categories. It allows you to build from blogging websites, and business portfolios to even E-Commerce sites. WordPress is SEO friendly and helps users to publish content that is appealing to visitors and the Search Engines as well.
Key Features of WordPress
WordPress attracts many Bloggers and Publishers because of its no-code feature to manage the website. There are many features of WordPress. A few of them are listed below:
- Efficient SEO Optimization: WordPress ensures that your content is SEO (Search Engine Optimization) optimized and automatically provides some SEO signals for your content.
- Easy Integrations: The plugins provide WordPress users great support to easily integrate third-party tools and other management services to their websites.
- Content Publishing Tools: The publishing tools provide users the flexibility to easily add content to the website and schedule publications. It provides a drag and drops feature to add content.
To learn more about WordPress, click here.
Simplify Data Analysis with Hevo’s No-code Data Pipeline
Hevo Data, a No-code Data Pipeline helps to load data from any data source such as Taboola, Databases, SaaS applications, Cloud Storage, SDK,s, and Streaming Services and simplifies the ETL process. It supports 150+ data sources including 40+ data sources like Taboola for free and is a 3-step process by just selecting the data source, providing valid credentials, and choosing the destination. Hevo not only loads the data onto the desired Data Warehouse/destination but also enriches the data and transforms it into an analysis-ready form without having to write a single line of code.Get Started with Hevo for Free
Its completely automated pipeline offers data to be delivered in real-time without any loss from source to destination. Its fault-tolerant and scalable architecture ensure that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss and supports different forms of data. The solutions provided are consistent and work with different BI tools as well.
Check out why Hevo is the Best:
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Minimal Learning: Hevo, with its simple and interactive UI, is extremely simple for new customers to work on and perform operations.
- Hevo Is Built To Scale: As the number of sources and the volume of your data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Incremental Data Load: Hevo allows the transfer of data that has been modified in real-time. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, E-Mail, and support calls.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow and check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Steps to Taboola WordPress Integration
Now that you have understood Taboola and WordPress. In this section, you will go through the steps to integrate Taboola WordPress. The 5 steps to integrate Taboola and WordPress are listed below:
- Step 1: Adding the Taboola Plugin on WordPress
- Step 2: Activating the Taboola Plugin
- Step 3: Copying the Taboola Publisher Configurations
- Step 4: Changing the Taboola WordPress Settings
- Step 5: Customizing the Taboola Widget
Step 1: Adding the Taboola Plugin on WordPress
- Log in to your WordPress account here.
- Click on the “Plugin” option from the side navigation bar of the homepage, shown in the image below.
- Now, click on the “Add New” button located at the top of the page.
- It will open the WordPress plugin marketplace, where you can find all the available plugins for WordPress.
- Here, Search for “Taboola” in the search bar. The Taboola WordPress plugin will show up as shown in the image below.
- Click on the “Install Now” button in the Taboola WordPress plugin card. It will install the Taboola plugin to your WordPress account.
Step 2: Activating the Taboola Plugin
- Now, hover over the “Plugins” option from the side navigation bar and select “Installed Plugins” to see the list of plugins available in your WordPress account, shown in the image below.
- Here, you will see Taboola Plugin in the list of Installed Plugins.
- Click on the “Activate” option available below the Taboola Plugin. It will reload the option.
- Now, select the “Settings” option to open Taboola WordPress settings.
Step 3: Copying the Taboola Publisher Configurations
- When you have registered for Taboola as a Publisher, it sent mail to your registered E-Mail ID, which contains the details on Taboola configurations.
- In the new tab, Open the Taboola configuration mail from your Taboola registered E-Mail account.
- Here, look for “Publisher ID” under the “Below Article Widget” section.
- Copy the Publisher ID against it.
Step 4: Changing the Taboola WordPress Settings
- Open your Taboola WordPress settings page.
- Now, paste the copied ID in the text field against the “Publisher ID“, shown in the image below.
- Again switch to your E-Mail tab and look for “Widget ID” under the “Below Article Widget” section.
- Copy the Widget ID and switch back to the Taboola WordPress settings tab.
- Now, check the “Below Article” checkbox and paste the ID in the text field against the “Widget ID“, shown in the image below.
- Click on the “Apply Changes” button to save the settings, shown in the image below.
Step 5: Customizing the Taboola Widget
- Now, click on the “Appearance” option from the sidebar navigation and select the “Widgets” option, shown in the image below.
- It will open the list of WordPress Widgets, and here look for “Taboola Widget“, shown in the image below.
- Click on the “Taboola Widget” and select the place where you want the Taboola WordPress Widget to place.
- Now, click on the “Add Widget” button to add the Widget to that place on the webpage.
- Now, switch to your E-Mail tab and copy the Widget ID for the sidebar under the “Sidebar Widget” section.
- Open the Taboola WordPress tab and paste the ID to the text field of “Widget ID” under the “Taboola Widget” section, shown in the image below.
- It adds the Taboola Widget on the sidebar of the page.
- Click on the “Save” button.
That’s it! You have successfully integrated Taboola WordPress.
Benefits of Taboola WordPress Integration
WordPress Publishers publish content to connect to people and get some income from it as well. Taboola WordPress becomes a perfect combination for Content Creators to publish their content and generate revenue. A few more benefits of Taboola WordPress Integration are listed below:
- Easy Installation and Management: The Taboola WordPress Plugin is easy to install and comes with well-structured, easy-to-navigate options. If you wish to customize your website, you can effortlessly set up the Taboola Widget location.
- Additional Income Source: The Publishers might be using other techniques to generate revenue from their website. Taboola Ads adds another source of income to their pockets which takes no effort to manage.
- Quick Analysis: Taboola also offers Publishers and Advertisers to view the performance of their content. With the help of Reporting tools, Publishers can analyze the traffic and optimize their websites accordingly.
In this article, you learned the process for integrating Taboola WordPress and its features. You also read how Taboola WordPress Integration benefits Publishers and Advertisers. Taboola helps Advertisers to get new traffic to their sites and provides Publishers an additional source of income. Taboola WordPress allows visitors to keep engaged and read relevant content from one website to another. Taboola’s Native Ads benefit Advertisers with new products and services to reach potential customers.Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Taboola handles companies Marketing across various platforms, and all the data gathered by Taboola needs to be analyzed with the company’s Operational and Marketing data. Hevo Data is a No-code Data Pipeline solution that can help you transfer your Marketing data from Taboola for free to any Data Warehouses. It fully automates the process of loading and transforming data from 150+ sources to the desired destination without writing a single line of code.
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up here for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand.
Share your experience of learning about the Taboola WordPress Integration in the comments section below!