Integrating Shopify and TaxJar allows you to automate and simplify Sales Tax collection for your Shopify stores. With TaxJar Shopify Integration in place, you can empower Shopify’s in-built tax collection engine that doesn’t support real-time computations. In addition, incorporating TaxJar will allow you to export collected tax data from Shopify and run automatic computation workflows, enabling you to transform your Shopify store into a well-oiled, efficient machine!
This article will provide you with an in-depth understanding of how to set up your TaxJar Shopify Integration effortlessly. It will also help you gain a holistic understanding of what Shopify and TaxJar are all about, along with some key features of each of them! Read along to find out more and get started with TaxJar Shopify Integration.
Table of Contents
Introduction to TaxJar
TaxJar is a solid Sales Tax software that automates Sales Tax Computation, Recording, and Reporting for online retailers. The technology automates the tedious tasks associated with Tax Compliance Cycles, allowing users to concentrate on their core business.
It all began in 2013 when the founders began talking about the significant challenge that businesses confront when it comes to Sales Tax Management. They believed there had to be a better way, and they were confident that technology would provide the solution. As a result of their years of experience running software companies, they founded TaxJar.
Key Features of TaxJar
- Return-Ready State Reports: It features your Sales data in an easy-to-read and exportable format. TaxJar helps you save a lot of time.
- Auto-Filling: It makes filing simple and easy by automatically submitting your returns to the states where you’re registered. It ensures that you never miss a deadline.
- Multi-Channel Support: The app supports several channels. You may link to all of the major selling platforms, such as Amazon, eBay, Etsy and more.
Introduction to Shopify
Shopify is a Cloud-based platform that comes with a shopping cart and an online store. It allows enterprises to set up an online store fast and easily. Shopify has become a household name for all-in-one eCommerce solutions, with over one million businesses using the platform in over 100 countries. Shopify is ideal for many eCommerce businesses that require inexpensive initial costs and a simple user interface.
Shopify is ideal for merchants who wish to sell their items through many Sales Channels, including the Website, Mobile, Social Media, Marketplace, Physical locations, and Pop-up Shops. From the Shopify Admin Dashboard, you can monitor all Sales Channels, from building and administering an Online Store to receiving payments, managing your inventory, and tracking and responding to orders.
Shopify is a flexible, adaptable platform that businesses of all sizes may use. Shopify allows you to sell Services, Memberships, Ticketed Events, Rentals, and even Classes and Lessons in addition to physical and digital things. Shopify Reports, such as Shopify Sales Reports, enhance Shopify’s functionality by allowing you to rapidly identify customer issues and opportunities for resolution in order to improve your business and brand value.
Shopify has a wide range of plans and pricing options, making it a viable solution for both startups and large businesses. You may customize your website with Shopify’s easy-to-use Design Templates. To get the most out of Shopify, you can connect it to other major Sales channels like Facebook, Instagram, Amazon, and other third-party integrations to boost your Sales and Revenue.
Key Features of Shopify
- Simple to Set Up and Use: Shopify is a simple platform to set up and use.
- Customizable Design: The platform comes with a number of professional templates that make it simple to establish one-of-a-kind and visually appealing online stores.
- App Integrations: The platform’s remarkable customization capabilities are due to its ease of integration with apps.
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization): It is essential for guaranteeing that shoppers searching for your products can easily reach your website. Shopify automatically takes care of your SEO factors to ensure your store is visible to a wider range of audience.
A fully managed No-code Data Pipeline platform like Hevo Data helps you integrate and load data from 100+ Different Sources (40+ Free Data Sources) like Shopify to a Data Warehouse or Destination of your choice in real-time in an effortless manner. Hevo with its minimal learning curve can be set up in just a few minutes allowing the users to load data without having to compromise performance.
Get Started with Hevo for Free
It helps transfer data from Shopify to a destination of your choice for free. Its strong integration with umpteenth sources allows users to bring in data of different kinds in a smooth fashion without having to code a single line.
Check out some of the cool features of Hevo:
Sign up here for a 14-Day Free Trial!
- Completely Automated: The Hevo platform can be set up in just a few minutes and requires minimal maintenance.
- Connectors: Hevo supports 100+ Integrations to SaaS platforms like Shopify, files, Databases, analytics, and BI tools. It supports various destinations including Google BigQuery, Amazon Redshift, Snowflake Data Warehouses; Amazon S3 Data Lakes; and MySQL, SQL Server, TokuDB, DynamoDB, PostgreSQL Databases to name a few.
- Real-Time Data Transfer: Hevo provides real-time data migration, so you can have analysis-ready data always.
- 100% Complete & Accurate Data Transfer: Hevo’s robust infrastructure ensures reliable data transfer with zero data loss.
- Scalable Infrastructure: Hevo has in-built integrations for 100+ sources (including 40+ free sources) such as Shopify, that can help you scale your data infrastructure as required.
- 24/7 Live Support: The Hevo Team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to you through chat, email, and support calls.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow so you can check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Methods to Set up TaxJar Shopify Integration
All versions of Shopify subscriptions will work with TaxJar. You can set up Reports and AutoFile returns with ease. There are two methods for Taxjar Shopify Integration:
Method 1: TaxJar Shopify Integration using Linked Accounts
You can connect your Shopify account to TaxJar by leveraging the in-built application linking functionality in TaxJar. To do this, simply click on the Linked Accounts option in the panel on the left.
Now, a list of Linked Partner Accounts will pop up on your screen. Select Shopify from the list of options available.
Once you click on it, you will now get redirected to the Shopify configuration page as follows:
Now, to link your account, simply fill in your Shopify Store’s Subdomain name and click Save & Continue!
This is how you can set up Taxjar Shopify Integration using Linked Accounts!
Method 2: TaxJar Shopify Integration using Shopify’s TaxJar App
Shopify allows you to seamlessly integrate with TaxJar by leveraging the “Sales Tax Automation by TaxJar” app available in the Shopify App Store.
All you need to do is go to the Shopify App Store and search for TaxJar. You can also click here to directly reach the app page, in case you’re finding it challenging to locate it.
Now, click on the Add App option. After that, all you have to do is fill in the name of your Store’s Subdomain, and you’re done!
Once the TaxJar Shopify Integration is set up, TaxJar will automatically import transactions from your Shopify account with the following statuses:
- Partially refunded
This is how you can set up TaxJar Shopify Integration using the in-built app available in Shopify’s App Store.
This article provided you with an easy step-by-step guide to help you set up TaxJar Shopify Integration in no time! In addition, it introduced you to the fantastic benefits of integrating your Shopify Store with TaxJar. It also provided you with an in-depth understanding of both platforms, along with a detailed list of features these platforms have in store for you.
You might wish to take your business growth a step further after learning about the TaxJar Shopify Integration by employing Data Analytics techniques on your Shopify data. This will necessitate the deployment of different complex ETL techniques to transfer data to a Data Warehouse.
Extracting complex data from Shopify and numerous other platforms can be challenging & require immense engineering bandwidth, and this is where Hevo saves the day!
Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Hevo Data, a No-code Data Pipeline provides you with a consistent and reliable solution to manage data transfer between a variety of sources such as Shopify, and a wide variety of Desired Destinations with a few clicks.
Hevo Data with its strong integration with 100+ Data Sources (including 40+ free sources) like Shopify allows you to not only export data from your desired data sources & load it to the destination of your choice, but also transform & enrich your data to make it analysis-ready so that you can focus on your key business needs and perform insightful analysis using BI tools. It helps transfer data from Shopify to a destination of your choice for free.
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up here for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand.
Share your experience of understanding TaxJar Shopify Integration in the comment section below!