Webhook is a popular growing platform in the business because of its real-time data features. Webhook constitutes alert calls from the web or in easy words, a Webhook is a web notification. The notification will be sent by the web to you for certain events which are important for your business. Webhook is also referred to as HTTP Push API because the concept behind Webhook is API. It is mainly used in business to get the data in real-time to other applications. Webhook transfers data to other applications so that you will get clear analytics in live timing.
Although Webhook is one of the best notification platforms out in the market, it is always recommended to use it with Typeform. Typeform Webhook Integration enhances its functionalities. Whenever a new Typeform submission comes in, Typeform Webhook Integration would send you a notification to your chosen destination. The notification generally contains the response data to the Webhook URL that you need to set up in the configuration panel.
In this article, you will get to read about the basic introduction to Typeform and Webhook. It will also introduce you to Typeform Webhook Integration. It will provide you with a step-by-step guide that you can use while setting up Typeform Webhook Integration. Later you will read about how to inspect the Typeform Webhook, redeliver and secure the Typeform Webhook Integration.
List of Contents
- Introduction to Typeform
- Introduction to Webhook
- Steps to Set Up Typeform Webhook Integration
- Important Aspects of Typeform Webhook Integration
Introduction to Typeform
Typeform is one such platform where you can communicate with your customers and store the data as well. The most fun part is you will get a clear insight into your business and queries from customers. With the help of Typeform, you can create quizzes, questionnaires, feedback forms, fun quizzes, suggestion letters, and so on. You can create any survey for your product or services by using different templates already built up in
Typeform i.e. without writing any single code line. This makes the conversation more comfortable for large business owners as well as small business owners who want to see their business growing. You can communicate with millions of customers at the same time by asking one question at one time with Typeform. This will help in engagement with customers.
Key Features of Typeform
Following are some key features of Typeform that will be beneficial for your business:
- Create different types of forms: With Typeform, you can create different quizzes and surveys to know about the likes and dislikes of customers, which will help the grow your business.
- Integrate as per your choice: Integrate Typeform with any application and select the question as per native language or questions as per your choice.
- Tracking and analysis: With Typeform, you can track the details by adding Google or Facebook ID and get the results in real-time, and analyze them to make better decisions.
- Interact with customers: With the hidden fields feature of Typeform, you can interact with customers with their real names and communicate with them.
For more information on Typeform, click here.
Introduction to Webhook
Webhook is a platform that alerts you whenever anything happens. Life is a mixed combination of certain and uncertain events. So, creating a poll every time an uncertain event happens can be a hectic thing. Therefore, Webhook alerts you by web and allows you to write code according to events. With the help of Webhook, you never miss any event and will always be in contact with your customers. Many online payment companies and business development businesses use Webhook as a service.
Key Features of Webhook
Listed below are some of the major key features of Webhook:
- Webhook can easily integrate with payment gateways like Stripe, etc., that automatically inputs all the details of the customer, whenever he or she places an order.
- With Webhook, you can connect with E-Mail Marketing applications/software which automatically throws your users an E-Mail whenever a payment bounces.
For more information on Webhook, click here.
Simplify Marketing Analysis using Hevo’s No-code Data Pipeline
Hevo Data, a No-code Data Pipeline helps to Load Data from any data source such as Databases, SaaS applications, Cloud Storage, SDKs, and Streaming Services and simplifies the ETL process. It supports 100+ data sources and is a 3-step process by just selecting the data source, providing valid credentials, and choosing the destination. Hevo loads the data onto the desired Data Warehouse, enriches the data, and transforms it into an analysis-ready form without writing a single line of code.
Its completely automated pipeline offers data to be delivered in real-time without any loss from source to destination. Its fault-tolerant and scalable architecture ensure that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss and supports different forms of data. The solutions provided are consistent and work with different Business Intelligence (BI) tools as well.Get Started with Hevo for free
Check out why Hevo is the Best:
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Minimal Learning: Hevo, with its simple and interactive UI, is extremely simple for new customers to work on and perform operations.
- Hevo Is Built To Scale: As the number of sources and the volume of your data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Incremental Data Load: Hevo allows the transfer of data that has been modified in real-time. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow and check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Steps to Set Up Typeform Webhook Integration
Now that you have a basic understanding of Typeform and Webhook, let’s walk through the steps to set up Typeform Webhook Integration. Follow the steps given below for setting up Typeform Webhook Integration:
- Step 1: Log In to your Typeform Account
- Step 2: Connect with your Webhook Account
- Step 3: Cross-Check the Webhook Delivery IDs
- Step 4 (Optional): Edit Webhook Details
Step 1: Log In to your Typeform Account
Login to connect a Webhook in Typeform, visit the Typeform page or application, and log in.
Step 2: Connect with your Webhook Account
Follow the steps below to connect Typeform Webhook account:
- Once you are inside your Typeform account, click on “Connect to Panel” and select the “Webhook” tab.
- After that, a new window box will appear on your screen. Then click on the “Add to Webhook” button on that box.
- Later, the message will appear on your screen asking for the URL, type the correct URL, the same as you want your form to open.
- After typing the destined URL, click on the blue button indicating “Save Webhook”. As soon as you click on that button, you will be redirected to the homepage of Webhook. The webhook will be set as OFF by default, till you click on the toggle to turn it on.
Step 3: Cross-Check the Webhook Delivery IDs
Follow the steps below to cross-check the Webhook Delivery IDs:
- To check whether Webhook works or not, click on View Deliveries > Send Test Requests. (All the marked test delivery IDs will appear on the left side. Make sure to turn on Webhook to redeliver the test.)
- Click the “Cross (X)” button to close the panel and to return to the main tab of Webhook.
Step 4 (Optional): Edit Webhook Details
This is an optional step and is not necessary for setting up Typeform Webhook Integration, but just in case you want to edit the Webhook details that you provided in the earlier steps, follow the steps given below:
- If you want to edit Webhook, click on the “Edit” button which is near the “View Deliveries” button.
- At this step, you can edit your Destination URL. Here, you also have to add secret SSL Verification to delete the Webhook. The warning message will appear on the screen for confirmation of delete. Select “Yes”.
- After finishing the Webhook editing, click on the “Save Changes” button and you will be redirected to the Webhook’s tab again.
That’s it! You have successfully set up Typeform Webhook Integration.
Important Aspects of Typeform Webhook Integration
Listed below are some of the important aspects of Typeform Webhook Integration that you must consider:
1) Inspecting Typeform Webhook
With Typeform Webhook Integration, you will have a guarantee regarding the inspection of deliveries. If the product fails to deliver, you can see a big red cross next to it, which indicates the failure of the delivery of the product. However, if you see a big right sign next to the product, it indicates the product delivers successfully. So, with Webhook and Typeform Integration, you will have real-time data regarding the inspection of products.
2) Re-Delivering Typeform Webhook
Coding is a tricky thing and sometimes even a slight code change can create different algorithms. Therefore here is what you can do. Visit this site to save yourself from debugging. Or you can run your code on the ngrok tool or watch the flow of code using Runscope tools.
3) Securing Typeform Webhook
Webhook opens the URL publicly, so some people may steal the data or misleading information using the URL. Therefore Typeform Webhook Integration has a security panel, by which you can add secret SSL (which you have to decrypt from header information) and save yourself from false or misleading hacks.
The article introduced you to Typeform Webhook Integration and provided you with a step-by-step guide that could come in handy while setting up Typeform Webhook Integration. It also provided the important aspects of Typeform Webhook Integration.
Webhooks Typeform Integration allows you to never miss any event and constantly be in touch with customers with different polls, quizzes, and surveys. However, the Integration of Webhooks and Typeform is limited and the process is quite complex. In case you want to switch to Automated Integration, you can explore Hevo Data.Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand.
Share your experience of setting up Typeform Webhook Integration in the comments section below!