WordPress holds a 65% share in the CMS market and serves as a backend for 14.7% of the world’s top websites. Since WordPress engages a massive set of users over the Internet, it also paves the way for website owners to meaningfully interact with their audience for business growth. Website owners, to understand the audience, capture Leads, take surveys and collect feedback. One such tool is Typeform that allows you to create forms online. Typeform enables you to build forms from scratch in minutes with various types of questions, including multiple-choice, yes or no, and opinion scales. Using the Typeform WordPress Integration, forms created using Typeform can be further embedded with any WordPress website for collecting insights, including audience feedback and responses.
In this article, you will learn how to set up Typeform WordPress Integration in 4 Easy Steps.
Table of Contents
- What is WordPress?
- What is Typeform?
- Why do you need a Typeform WordPress Integration?
- Steps to set up Typeform WordPress Integration
What is WordPress?
WordPress is an Open-Source Content Management System (CMS) that allows you to create websites and blogs quickly. Developed by US developer Matt Mullenweg and British developer Mike Little in 2003, WordPress has become one of the most popular Self-Hosted Content Management Systems. With WordPress, you have the flexibility to design and launch your own websites independently. WordPress enables you to design, create, and alter the appearance of your website without any technical or coding knowledge.
WordPress also offers a massive ecosystem of plugins and themes, allowing you to add additional functionalities for enhancing your website. With plugins, WordPress gives you complete control over customization for making your website look and function in a more personalized way. WordPress is reportedly the most popular Website Management and Blogging System that supports over 455 million websites worldwide.
What is Typeform?
Typeform is a Web-Based Form Creation Platform where users can design and create online forms. The forms created using Typeform can be further embedded into websites where audiences can contribute ideas, send feedback, and much more. Typeform allows users to create online forms for conducting surveys, quizzes, polls, etc. It offers the workspace and tools to design and build forms from scratch or with templates. Typeform has various readily available templates for users to design and customize forms based on their use cases. You can choose any template from the Typeform’s Template gallery to customize your forms according to your needs and preferences.
Typeform has a user-friendly and straightforward interface that allows you to design and create a new form in minutes. It also offers you a Dashboard that shows a bird-eye view of your form history such as user’s responses, visit timing, completion rate, and average completion time. With Typeform, you can also export your user’s response into pdf, CSV, or XLSX files.
Typeform comes in different pricing levels like Basic, Plus, and Business plans costing $25, $50, and $83 per month, respectively.
Why do you need a Typeform WordPress Integration?
Following are the advantages of Typeform WordPress Integration:
- The one-question-at-a-time feature in Typeform makes the audience feel more comfortable like a conversation when filling forms. This makes users fill the form to the end instead of getting bored and leaving the form in the middle.
- Setting up the Typeform WordPress Integration helps you to better focus on your website audience’s thoughts, feedback, and interests.
- Including an interactive component like forms via the Typeform WordPress Integration in your WordPress website allows you to deliver a user-friendly experience to your visitors and in turn gain meaningful insights into audience preferences. Such insights from a direct audience can be further used for enhancing your business effortlessly.
- Typeform helps collect valuable feedback and responses from your website visitors to know what exactly they like or dislike about the website. Using the Typeform WordPress Integration, you can work on such collected feedbacks that will help you further enhance and grow your website according to your audience’s preferences.
- Typeform allows you to create non-linear questionnaires that ask users the following question based on their previous answers.
These advantages make users set up Typeform WordPress Integration that in turn allows them to understand their audience better.
Simplify WordPress ETL and Analysis Using Hevo’s No-code Data Pipeline
Hevo Data is a No-code Data Pipeline that offers a fully managed solution to set up Data Integration for 100+ Data Sources (Including 40+ Free sources) and will let you directly load data from WordPress to a Data Warehouse or the Destination of your choice. It will automate your data flow in minutes without writing any line of code. Its fault-tolerant architecture makes sure that your data is secure and consistent. Hevo provides you with a truly efficient and fully automated solution to manage data in real-time and always have analysis-ready data.Get Started with Hevo for Free
Let’s look at some of the salient features of Hevo:
- Fully Managed: It requires no management and maintenance as Hevo is a fully automated platform.
- Data Transformation: It provides a simple interface to perfect, modify, and enrich the data you want to transfer.
- Real-Time: Hevo offers real-time data migration. So, your data is always ready for analysis.
- Schema Management: Hevo can automatically detect the schema of the incoming data and map it to the destination schema.
- Connectors: Hevo supports 100+ Integrations to SaaS platforms such as WordPress, FTP/SFTP, Files, Databases, BI tools, and Native REST API & Webhooks Connectors. It supports various destinations including Google BigQuery, Amazon Redshift, Snowflake, Firebolt, Data Warehouses; Amazon S3 Data Lakes; Databricks; and MySQL, SQL Server, TokuDB, DynamoDB, PostgreSQL Databases to name a few.
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Hevo Is Built To Scale: As the number of sources and the volume of your data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Live Monitoring: Advanced monitoring gives you a one-stop view to watch all the activities that occur within Data Pipelines.
- Live Support: Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
- An active WordPress account.
- Working knowledge of WordPress
Steps to set up Typeform WordPress Integration
Typeform WordPress Integration consists of the following 4 steps:
- Step 1: Setting up an account in Typeform
- Step 2: Creating a New Form
- Step 3: Downloading Typeform WordPress Plugin
- Step 4: Embedding Typeform on WordPress
Step 1: Setting up an Account in Typeform
- Step 1: To get started with the Typeform WordPress Integration, visit the official website of Typeform and click on the Sign-Up button.
- Step 2: You will be required to enter your email address and password. You can also create a Typeform account with your Google or Microsoft account.
- Step 3: Click on the Create my free account option. Now, you have successfully signed up with Typeform.
- Step 4: Open the verification mail sent to your registered email address to activate the account. Click on the Verification Link that will redirect you to the welcome page of Typeform, where you will be prompted to fill a form that asks some questions about yourself. Once you are done with the questionnaires, you will be led to the template gallery of Typeform. This concludes the first step in the Typeform WordPress Integration.
Step 2: Creating a New Form
In Typeform, forms can be created in two ways. One way is to create a form manually from scratch, and the other is by using the pre-designed templates. In the steps given below for Typeform WordPress Integration, you will learn about creating forms in Typeform in both ways:
A) Creating a New Form Manually
- Step 1: Click on the “Start from scratch” button in the Typeform’s Template gallery.
- Step 2: In the “Bring your new Typeform to life” popup box, provide a name and type of the form that you are about to create.
- Step 3: Click on the Continue button that leads to a form builder page for creating a form.
- Step 3: Your workspace is divided into a work field and preview screen. In the Work Field, you can add, edit and customize your questions, while in the Preview Screen, you can see the preview of your form according to the changes made in the working field.
- Step 4: Clicking on the “Add your first question” button. You will get a list of 16 types of questions, which you can add to your form.
- Step 5: By clicking on the Welcome Screen in the scroll-down menu, you can add a welcome note to the form. You can also customize the welcome page by adding a related image or video. Using Multiple-Choice Question Type, you can add choices or options to the questions. Similarly, you can add different question types and customize your form by including Phone Number, Email Address, Yes or No, and Opinion Scale questions. After adding and customizing the questions, your form is ready to embed with software or websites.
- Step 6: You can share your form using the URL generated by Typeform. To do the same, go to the Share tab on your workspace. There you will find the URL of your newly created Typeform, make a note, or copy it for future use. You should also make sure to keep the created form in public mode to integrate it into any software or website.
B) Creating a New Form using Templates
In the Typeform’s Template gallery, you will have various form templates, including Feedback, Polls, and Registration Forms. From those, you can choose the form template that suits your idea and use cases. You only have to fill the templates with questions and customize the fields accordingly. This method is more straightforward and less time-consuming than the manual method.
- Step 1: Go to your Typeform templates gallery and browse through various templates available. Choose an appropriate template that suits your requirements. You can also use pre-filtered categories on the left side to browse the templates based on multiple form types.
- Step 2: Once you have chosen the preferred template, click on it. Some templates will show how many questions can be included in the template and the total time required to answer the questions. Alternatively, you can choose your templates based on such parameters too. After clicking on the appropriate template, it will be added to your workspace, where you can add, edit, and customize your questions.
- Step 3: Since the questions are added by default in your form, you only have to customize it accordingly, like altering words in questions or adding new questions. To customize the look and background of your form, go to the Design menu on the left panel and click on the Customize tab. There, you can change the Font Size and Background Color of your form. You can also change the color of questions, answers, and bullet buttons.
As done in the manual form creation process, in this method, you can customize your questions based on 16 question types, including multiple-choice, yes or no, and opinion scale questions.
The prewritten questions in the template automatically change their structure according to the question types for adding necessary functionalities.
- Once you complete creating the form, go to the share tab and copy the URL for future use.
Step 3: Downloading Typeform WordPress Plugin
For embedding your forms into WordPress, you have to download the plugin that sets up the Typeform WordPress Integration. You can download the Typeform WordPress plugin from the official WordPress site. The downloaded zip file will be further uploaded into WordPress for integrating Typeform and WordPress.
Step 4: Embedding Typeform with WordPress
- Step 1: Go to your WordPress Administration Dashboard and navigate to Plugins > Add New.
- Step 2: Click on the Upload Plugin button and choose the previously downloaded Typeform WordPress plugin from your computer.
- Step 3: After uploading the Typeform WordPress plugin zip file, click on the Install Now button.
- Step 4: Once the installation is completed, activate your Typeform WordPress plugin. Now, Typeform is successfully integrated with WordPress. The installed plugin gets added to an “Add block” button in your WordPress’ post/pages editor block.
- Step 5: For adding a Typeform form to your WordPress page or post, navigate to Pages > Add New or Posts > Add New, respectively.
- Step 6: In the Editor block, click on the Add Block button and browse for the Typeform widget.
- Step 7: Once you click on the Typeform widget, you will see a popup box. In the Typeform URL box, paste the URL of the form that you copied before from Typeform. When the URL is loaded, you will see the main screen of the form, which you have created in Typeform.
- Step 8: You have an option to specify whether the form should appear in standard or popup mode on your WordPress site. Standard mode loads the form directly onto the webpage, while popup mode prompts the user to click on the form for filing it. For standard mode, you can customize the width and height of your form.
- Step 9: Click on the View Typeform button on the top-right corner of the popup block to preview how your form looks on your website when it is live. Then, publish the post or page from your WordPress editor. This completes the Typeform WordPress Integration process.
In this article, you have learned about Typeforms and its features, creating forms manually, and using pre-designed templates. You also learned how to set up the Typeform WordPress Integration for embedding forms. TypeForm users have a lot of flexibility in creating forms, thanks to the availability of various features and Typeform’s drag-and-drop capabilities.
Using the Typeform WordPress Integration, you get to know more about the people who visit your WordPress website. Typeform allows you to design stylish forms to collect data that can provide you with deeper insights for promoting user engagement. The best thing about Typeform is that it organizes reports on all form responses, sends email notifications, and allows you to effortlessly set up the Typeform WordPress Integration.
You would be using numerous other applications across your business along with WordPress. As your business grows, massive volumes of data is generated associated with your customers, products, and services. To get a better understanding of your firm’s financial health and performance you need to integrate data from all these applications. You would require to invest a portion of your engineering bandwidth to Integrate, Cleanse, Transform, and Load your data into your data warehouse or a destination of your choice. All of these challenges can be effectively solved with a Cloud-Based ETL tool like Hevo Data.Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Hevo Data, a No-code Data Pipeline can help you seamlessly transfer and integrate your data from a vast sea of Data Sources such as WordPress into a Data Warehouse or a Destination of your choice. It is a fully automated, reliable, and secure platform that doesn’t require you to write any code!
If you are using eCommerce platforms such as WooCommerce, WordPress, REST APIs, etc in your business and looking for a no-fuss alternative to Manual Data Integration, then Hevo can efficiently automate this for you. Hevo with its strong integration with 100+ sources & BI tools (Including 40+ Free Sources) allows you to not only export data from your desired data sources & load it to the destination of your choice, but also transform & enrich your data to make it analysis-ready so that you can focus on your key business needs and perform insightful analysis using BI tools.
Share with us your experience of setting up the Typeform WordPress Integration. Let us know in the comments section below!