Walmart Shopify Integration: 4 Easy Steps
Integrating Shopify and Walmart will enable small and medium-sized Shopify Store owners to reach a wider audience and leverage exciting international opportunities using the Walmart Marketplace. Further, this will also help sellers on Walmart scale up their reach and start selling beyond their traditional US market. In addition, syncing Walmart Shopify will allow you to manage inventory, keep track of Walmart products and orders seamlessly, straight through the Walmart Dashboard in Shopify.
Table of Contents
This article will provide you with an in-depth understanding of how to set up your Walmart Shopify Integration effortlessly. It will also help you gain a holistic understanding of what Shopify and Walmart are all about, along with some key features of each of them! Read along to find out more and get started with Walmart Shopify Integration!
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Shopify
- Introduction to Walmart
- Steps to Set up Walmart Shopify Integration
- Understanding the Benefits of Walmart Shopify Integration
- A Shopify Account.
- Working knowledge of Shopify.
Introduction to Shopify
Shopify is a Software as a Service (SaaS) provider in the eCommerce business established in Ottawa. It’s a Cloud-based platform for creating and hosting eCommerce sites. Shopify is the most popular Content Management System (CMS) for opening online stores and selling things in the digital world. Shopify is distinct from other popular CMS platforms such as WordPress and Blogger as it is only used to construct websites for eCommerce firms.
Small and medium-sized businesses pick Shopify to help them grow their businesses because the platform allows them to reach a larger audience, which helps them generate Sales.
Shopify has a number of features and tools that help users run Marketing, Sales, Customer Service, and Customer Engagement operations more efficiently. It has thousands of pre-made website templates that can be altered to meet the demands of users. Users can utilise Shopify to construct attractive websites that boost their brand’s worth.
Shopify is a multi-channel Content Management System (CMS) that allows customers to sell and promote their products across many social media sites, such as Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. Multi-channel Marketing can significantly improve a company’s online presence and client engagement.
Key Benefits of Shopify
- Easy to Install and Use: Shopify is a user-friendly platform that is simple to set up and use.
- Online Store at Reasonable Prices: A number of professional templates are included in the platform, making it simple to create one-of-a-kind and visually appealing online stores.
- Integrations between apps: The platform has tremendous customisation capabilities due to its ease of integration with apps.
- Outstanding Customer Service: Using this e-commerce platform, online retailers can get reliable, round-the-clock customer service.
- Search Engine Friendly: Search Engine Optimization is essential for guaranteeing that shoppers looking for your products can easily reach your website.
Introduction to Walmart
Walmart Inc., headquartered in Bentonville, Arkansas, is an American multinational retail firm that operates a chain of Hypermarkets (also known as supercenters), cheap department stores, and grocery stores throughout the United States.
Sam Walton launched the corporation in neighbouring Rogers, Arkansas in 1962, and it was incorporated on October 31, 1969, under the Delaware General Corporation Law. Sam’s Club retail warehouses are also owned and operated by the company. Walmart had 10,524 stores and clubs in 24 countries as of July 31, 2021, operating under 48 distinct names.
In 1972, Walmart became a public company and was listed on the New York Stock Exchange. It was the most profitable retailer in the United States by 1988, and the greatest in terms of revenue by October 1989. The company was initially limited to the South and lower Midwest, but by the early 1990s, it had stores spanning coast to coast.
Simplify Shopify ETL and Analysis with Hevo’s No-code Data Pipeline
A fully managed No-code Data Pipeline platform like Hevo Data helps you integrate and load data from 100+ different sources (including 40+ free sources like Shopify), to a Data Warehouse or Destination of your choice in real-time in an effortless manner. Hevo with its minimal learning curve can be set up in just a few minutes allowing the users to load data without having to compromise performance.Get Started with Hevo for Free
It helps transfer data from Shopify to a destination of your choice for free. Its strong integration with umpteenth sources allows users to bring in data of different kinds in a smooth fashion without having to code a single line.
Check out some of the cool features of Hevo:
- Completely Automated: The Hevo platform can be set up in just a few minutes and requires minimal maintenance.
- Connectors: Hevo supports 100+ integrations to SaaS platforms like Shopify, files, Databases, and BI tools. It supports various destinations including Google BigQuery, Amazon Redshift, Snowflake Data Warehouses; Amazon S3 Data Lakes; and MySQL, SQL Server, TokuDB, DynamoDB, PostgreSQL Databases to name a few.
- Real-Time Data Transfer: Hevo provides real-time data migration, so you can have analysis-ready data always.
- 100% Complete & Accurate Data Transfer: Hevo’s robust infrastructure ensures reliable data transfer with zero data loss.
- Scalable Infrastructure: Hevo has in-built integrations for 100+ sources (including 40+ free sources such as Shopify), that can help you scale your data infrastructure as required.
- 24/7 Live Support: The Hevo Team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to you through chat, email, and support calls.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow so you can check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Steps to Set up Walmart Shopify Integration
Here are the simple steps to get started with Walmart Shopify Integration:
- Step 1: Create a Shopify store
- Step 2: Create your Walmart Marketplace Store
- Step 3: Integrate the Walmart Marketplace App with Shopify as a Sales Channel
- Step 4: Put the Finishing Touches on your Walmart Dashboard
Step 1: Create a Shopify Store
Shopify is a one-stop-shop that requires no technical knowledge to set up a fully functional store. Merchants of various sizes can easily sell their products online thanks to the platform, which includes not just an online shop but also customer engagement, fulfilment, and payment capabilities.
Step 2: Create your Walmart Marketplace Store
Keep in mind that for the Walmart Shopify Integration, there are certain criteria for international vendors when it comes to company formation, such as:
- Having a Company based in the United States (including a US W9 tax ID and mailing address).
- The ability to Ship from a Warehouse in the United States (excluding FBA).
- Product Identifiers (the product will not be acknowledged if the barcode is missing, invalid, or duplicate).
- A Return Address for foreign mail.
After you’ve completed the above steps, move on to the “Product and Integration” section.
You now need to fill in the ‘Shipping and Operations‘ section.
Now, review and finalise the procedure. You’ll have to wait one week for Walmart Marketplace to approve your seller registration after you’ve completed the process.
Step 3: Integrate the Walmart Marketplace App with Shopify as a Sales Channel
To do this, search for Walmart Integration in the Shopify App Store > Add App. Now provide your Shop’s URL and you’ll be able to log in.
Once you’ve successfully logged in, click on the Install App option.
After you’ve installed the app, you may start configuring it. With Client ID and Client Secret, the registration process is rather simple.
Following that, you can begin importing products to Walmart as follows:
You can choose one of the three options in the Import Product Options section:
- All Items available.
- Products that are published.
- Products that are filtered.
In the Shopify backend, this is your Walmart Dashboard.
Step 4: Put the Finishing Touches on your Walmart Dashboard
It’s simple to set up a dashboard, but it’s even more vital to integrate it into your business management process. To ensure credibility, fill out the form in the ‘Profiling’ area.
This completes your Walmart Shopify Integration. You have successfully integrated your Shopify Store with the Walmart application.
Understanding the Benefits of Walmart Shopify Integration
Setting up the Walmart Shopify Integration can do wonders for your business growth. Here are some of the reasons that make this integration, a must-have:
- Extend your Reach to a Worldwide Scale: Without the added trouble or time investment, you can introduce your products and brand to millions of new buyers on the Walmart Marketplace.
- Become a Member of a Select Group of Sellers: Walmart and Shopify have put a lot of effort into curating a seller community, so you won’t get lost in the crowd. You’ll have access to establish business with a variety of sellers.
- Everybody can Do: To use Shopify, no technical knowledge is required. The user interface is basic and easy to use.
- Everything is Managed using Shopify: With easy product sync and bulk editing, you can keep track of all your Walmart product inventory in Shopify.
- No Hidden or Recurring Charges: You will not be charged anything if you sign up. For each item sold, you merely pay a category-based referral fee.
This article provided you with an easy step-by-step guide to help you set up Walmart Shopify Integration in no time! In addition, it introduced you to the fantastic benefits of integrating your Shopify Store with Walmart. It also provided you with an in-depth understanding of both platforms, along with a detailed list of features these platforms have in store for you.
You might wish to take your business growth a step further after learning about the Walmart Shopify Integration by employing Data Analytics techniques on your Shopify data. This will necessitate the deployment of different complex ETL techniques to transfer data from Shopify to a Data Warehouse.
Extracting complex data from Shopify and numerous other platforms can be challenging & require immense engineering bandwidth, and this is where Hevo saves the day!Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Hevo Data, a No-code Data Pipeline provides you with a consistent and reliable solution to manage data transfer between a variety of sources such as Shopify with a few clicks.
Hevo Data with its strong integration with 100+ Data Sources including 40+ free sources like Shopify allows you to not only export data from your desired data sources & load it to the destination of your choice, but also transform & enrich your data to make it analysis-ready so that you can focus on your key business needs and perform insightful analysis using BI tools. It helps transfer data from Shopify to a destination of your choice for free.
Give Hevo Data a try by Signing Up for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand. You may also have a look at Hevo’s amazing pricing, which will assist you in selecting the best plan for your requirements.
Share your experience of understanding Walmart Shopify Integration in the comment section below! We would love to hear your thoughts.