It takes a lot of effort to attract customers to make a sale on an E-Commerce website. One of the main elements of an E-Commerce website is a user-friendly and easy-to-navigate design. Generally, most E-Commerce site owners don’t know how to build an efficient online store. WooCommerce is an open-source free-to-use plugin that can help you set up your WordPress site into an E-Commerce site within minutes. Integrating your WooCommmerce store with other apps and services such as WooCommerce Google Analytics, WooCommerce Apple Pay, etc, increase the flexibility of the store.
After sending a regular newsletter, displaying multiple Ads to customers, and lots of effort, finally when a customer comes to the checkout page and finds the required payment option is not available. It makes the customer cancel the payment. An E-Commerce website should have multiple payment options that are fast and reliable. Apple Pay is a mobile payment service that lets Apple users make quick payments in person or online via their device.
WooCommerce Apple Pay Integration allows store owners to receive payments from customers using Apple devices and increase the chances of completing a sale by customers. In this article, you will learn about WooCommerce, Apple Pay, and the steps to set up WooCommerce Apple Pay Integration. You will also read about the benefits of using WooCommerce Apple Pay Integration and how it helps other E-Commerce site owners receive payment via Apple Pay.
Table of Contents
- An active WooCommerce website.
- An active Stripe account.
Introduction to Apple Pay
Apple Pay is a smart digital payment and wallet service offered by Apple. It allows users to make payments in person, in iOS apps, and on the web using Safari. Introduced in 2014, which is available on Apple devices such as iPhone, iPad, iWatch, Mac, and Safari browser. This mobile payment solution allows Apple users to pay for products and services using the NFC (near field communication) of the device or remotely over the internet.
Apple Pay is an alternative to credit and debit cards. Users can save multiple cards in Apple Pay and choose any card at the time of payment. It works with any contactless payment system with the help of an antenna embedded within the Apple devices. All the card details are safeguarded by high-level security provided by Apple.
Key Features of Apple Pay
Apple Pay helps users make payments without carrying all the cards with them. A few benefits of Apple Pay are listed below:
- Security: Apple Pay doesn’t share the personal data of users by obscuring details from the retailer. It tokenizes the credit and debit card details and replaces them with Device Primary Account Number.
- Easy Setup: Apple Pay is easy to set up, all you have to do is add your card details into the app, and your details are not shared, still you will get all the rewards and benefits of your card.
- Apple Cash: Apple Pay comes with an Apple Cash concept that allows you to send and receive money from your messages. You can have a chat with someone and send/receive money at the same place.
To learn more about Apple Pay, click here.
Introduction to WooCommerce
WooCommerce is an open-source E-Commerce plugin by WordPress. WordPress is a Content Management System that is one of the widely used services to create your website. WooCommerce is free to use and the plugin transforms any WordPress website into an E-Commerce website by adding basic functionalities such as payment, shipping, taxes, order management, product, and categories, etc. Launched in 2011, it became popular due to its simplicity and growing demand for E-Commerce websites in the market.
WooCommerce offers no-coding setup, and any user with a WordPress website can set up an online store within minutes. It comes with a drag-drop feature that lets you build your E-Commerce website using customizable themes. To deliver flexibility and more features, WooCommerce comes with hundreds of free and paid extensions that users can use to increase their E-Commerce website’s functionalities.
Key Features of WooCommerce
WooCommerce has a user-friendly interface and is free to use. A few features of WooCommerce are listed below:
- Multilingual & Multiple Currencies: WooCommerce offers support of 24 languages and converts prices into multiple currencies based on the location. It allows you to sell your products and services globally.
- Open-Source: WooCommerce is an open-source plugin that gives you complete ownership of your store. Its REST API support lets you make the store scalable and flexible and lets you integrate with virtually any service.
- Customizable Templates: WooCommerce comes with many customizable themes that you can use to set up your E-Commerce website within minutes. The themes support drag-drop features making it easier to set up.
To know more about WooCommerce, click here.
Hevo Data, a No-code Data Pipeline helps to load data from any data source such as Klaviyo, WooCommerce, Databases, SaaS applications, Cloud Storage, SDK,s, and Streaming Services and simplifies the ETL process. It supports 100+ data sources (including 30+ free data sources) and is a 3-step process by just selecting the data source, providing valid credentials, and choosing the destination. Hevo not only loads the data onto the desired Data Warehouse/destination but also enriches the data and transforms it into an analysis-ready form without having to write a single line of code.
Get Started with Hevo for Free
Its completely automated pipeline offers data to be delivered in real-time without any loss from source to destination. Its fault-tolerant and scalable architecture ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss and supports different forms of data. The solutions provided are consistent and work with different BI tools as well.
Check out why Hevo is the Best:
Sign up here for a 14-Day Free Trial!
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Minimal Learning: Hevo, with its simple and interactive UI, is extremely simple for new customers to work on and perform operations.
- Hevo Is Built To Scale: As the number of sources and the volume of your data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Incremental Data Load: Hevo allows the transfer of data that has been modified in real-time. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, E-Mail, and support calls.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow and check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Steps to Set Up WooCommerce Apple Pay Integration
Now that you have understood about WooCommerce and Apple Pay. In this section, you will go through steps for WooCommerce Apple Pay Integration. For this Integration, WooCommerce Stripe Plugin will be used because Stripe supports Apple Pay as a payment method. The following steps to set up WooCommerce Apple Pay Integration are listed below:
Step 1: Installing the WooCommerce Stripe Plugin
- Log in to your WordPress account.
- Click on the “Plugins” option from the side navigation bar.
- Here, click on the “Add New” button.
- Search for “WooCommerce Stripe” in the search ar.
- Then, click on the “Install Now” button of the WooCommerce Stripe plugin.
- Now, go to the WooCommerce settings from the navigation bar.
- Here, navigate to the “Payments” then select the “Stripe” option.
- Here, it will ask you to connect to WooCommerce with your Stripe account.
- Click on the “Create or connect an account” button. Provide all the necessary credentials to configure the Stripe payment method, as shown in the image below.
- Under the “Settings” tab, check the “Enable Stripe” box.
- Untick the “Enable test mode” to start accepting payments.
- Go through all other details and configure other settings as per your requirements, as shown in the image below.
- Then, click on the “Save Changes” button.
Step 2: Configuring the Stripe Connection
- Under the “Settings” tab navigate to the “Account Details” section, as shown in the image below.
- Here, you will see a Webhook URL Endpoint, copy it.
- Now, log in to your Stripe dashboard here.
- Here, navigate to the “Developers” option and then go to the “Webhooks” option.
- Here, select the “Add Endpoint” option.
- Paste the copied Webhook URL in the “Endpoint URL” text field. Then, select the following options listed below:
- Select the “Latest API version” from the “Version” section, if shown, and then click on the “Add endpoint” option.
- Copy the “Signing secret” after clicking the “Reveal” button, as shown in the image below.
- Go back to the WooCommerce Stripe Settings in WordPress. Here, click on the “Edit account keys” and paste the “Signing secret” key in the “Webhook secret” field.
Step 3: Enabling WooCommerce Apple Pay Integration
- Now in the Stripe settings, you can see an option for Apple Pay. Check it to enable Apple Pay WooCommerce Integration via Stripe.
- Generally, Stripe automatically handles domain verification but still if you encounter any problem you can manually re-configure it.
- Go to your Stripe dashboard and navigate to its Payment Methods settings and select the “Apple Pay” option.
- It will open the Apple pay settings for you.
- Here, click on the “+ Add new domain” button. It will open the domain verification settings.
- Provide the valid domain of your website. Then, download the file by clicking on the “Download verification file…” button, as shown in the image below.
- Now, open up the location where you hosted your WordPress files.
- Then, go to your root directory, and create a folder with the name “.well-known“.
- Upload the download verification file into this folder.
- It will manually add the verification certificate needed for Apple Pay verification.
That’s it! You have completed the WooCommerce Apple Pay Integration.
Benefits of WooCommerce Apple Pay Integration
A few benefits of using WooCommerce Apple Pay Integration are listed below:
- WooCommerce Apple Pay Integration adds flexibility to the website and lets users pay contactless. It also increases the conversation rate as many people prefer to pay via the faster mode available and Apple Pay is a one-click payment option.
- WooCommerce Apple Pay Integration adds security to the website as well as for the user as it doesn’t share any user credential with the payment gateway.
- WooCommerce Apple Pay Integration allows store owners to accept payments via Apple Pay and let them receive payments worldwide wherever Stripe and Apple Pay are supported.
In this article, you learnt about WooCommerce, Apple Pay, and the steps to set up WooCommerce Apple Pay Integration. You also read about the benefits of using WooCommerce Apple Pay Integration and how it helps online store owners and customers easily send and receive payments. WooCommerce is a widely used E-Commerce platform, 90% of the E-Commerce websites on WordPress use WooCommerce. Most Apple users use Apple Pay for making payments because it’s secure and contactless.
Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
E-Commerce site data contains valuable information and should be available in the analysis-ready form to perform analysis. Hevo Data offers a No-code Data Pipeline solution to transfer all your WooCommerce and Klaviyo data to any Data Warehouse. It fully automates the process of transferring data from 100+ sources to any Data Warehouse without writing a single line of code.
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up here for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand.
Share your experience of learning about WooCommerce Apple Pay Integration in the comments section below!