Do you want to boost the visibility/reach of your WooCommerce store? If this is the case, you would want to take advantage of the WooCommerce Google Shopping Integration. As the owner of an E-commerce store, you can advertise your products on Google Shopping for better exposure and reach. Your products will be displayed on various Google surfaces based on the relevance of search terms used by potential customers.
Upon a complete walkthrough of this article, you will gain a decent understanding of WooCommerce and Google Shopping Ads. This article will also provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to build the WooCommerce Google Shopping Integration. Read along to learn more about WooCommerce Google Shopping Ads!
Table of Contents
- What is WooCommerce?
- What are Google Shopping Ads?
- How to Set up WooCommerce Google Shopping Integration?
- An active WordPress account with WooCommerce Installed.
What is WooCommerce?
WooCommerce is one of the most popular and arguably the best WordPress E-Commerce Plugin that allows users to create an online store by adding E-commerce functionalities to their WordPress website. It simplifies the process of creating and managing an online store by providing adequate levels of flexibility and a number of critical features such as Inventory and Tax Management, Order Tracking, Secure Payments, Delivery Status, and Shipping Integration. WooCommerce powers 99 percent of all WordPress stores, with over 27 million downloads to date.
Key Features of WooCommerce
Some of the key features of WooCommerce are as follows:
- Easy to Install: With a simple Installation and Setup Wizard to get your E-commerce store up and running with your WordPress theme, WooCommerce is designed to make it as simple as possible to get started.
- Data Control: Data associated with customer history and purchases, as well as store performance, is critical for the operation of a successful E-commerce website. Hence, WooCommerce provides you the complete control over data at all times.
- SEO Benefits: Since WooCommerce is built on WordPress, WooCommerce storefronts benefit significantly from the granular controls for key SEO options.
- Wide Range of Extensions: The sky is truly the limit when it comes to WooCommerce extensions. With over 450+ extensions, you can configure your shop in virtually infinite ways. Extensions, as opposed to adding to the Core Plugin, are Add-ons that work only if WooCommerce is first installed, and they add additional functionality to your E-commerce website.
What are Google Shopping Ads?
Google Shopping Ads, also known as Product Listing Ads (PLAs), are Advertisements specifically designed for products that appear across product searches on Google and all the platforms associated with it. It can be one of the most effective methods of increasing Sales and Revenue for any catalog. Google has made significant improvements to Google Shopping for consumers while also releasing new Tools, Ad Formats, and other resources to help you reach your target audience across all of Google’s properties. Google Shopping Ads allows the advertisers to gain better visibility by showing their ads above the traditional organic results.
The key advantage of using Google Shopping Ads is easy to comprehend. If someone is looking for a specific product, they are most likely at the end of the purchasing process. If you can get your products to appear in their search results, you can attract Sales that you would not have gotten otherwise. Later in this article, you will learn about WooCommerce Google Shopping Ads and how you can create them.
Simplify WooCommerce ETL & Analysis with Hevo’s No-code Data Pipeline
Hevo Data is a No-code Data Pipeline that helps you directly transfer data from WooCommerce, and 100+ Data Sources (including 40+ Free Sources) to Business Intelligence tools, Data Warehouses, or a destination of your choice in a completely hassle-free & automated manner. Hevo is fully managed and completely automates the process of not only loading data from your desired source but also enriching the data and transforming it into an analysis-ready form without having to write a single line of code. Its fault-tolerant architecture ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
Hevo takes care of all your data pre-processing needs required to set up the integration and lets you focus on key business activities and draw a much powerful insight on how to generate more leads, retain customers, and take your business to new heights of profitability. It provides a consistent & reliable solution to manage data in real-time and always have analysis-ready data in your desired destination.Get Started with Hevo for free
Check out some of the cool features of Hevo:
- Real-Time Data Transfer: Hevo with its strong Integration with 100+ Sources such as WooCommerce (including 40+ Free Sources), allows you to transfer data quickly & efficiently. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Data Transformation: It provides a simple interface to perfect, modify, and enrich the data you want to transfer.
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Tremendous Connector Availability: Hevo houses a large variety of connectors and lets you bring in data from numerous Databases, Marketing & SaaS applications, etc. such as WooCommerce, Marketo, MongoDB, Oracle, Salesforce, etc. in an integrated and analysis-ready form.
- Simplicity: Using Hevo is easy and intuitive, ensuring that your data is exported in just a few clicks.
- Completely Managed Platform: Hevo is fully managed. You need not invest time and effort to maintain or monitor the infrastructure involved in executing codes.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
How to Set up WooCommerce Google Shopping Integration?
For this tutorial, we are assuming that you already have some products listed on your E-commerce store. To display advertisements for those products follow the steps listed below:
- Step 1: Set up a Google Merchant Center Account
- Step 2: Add Your WooCommerce Product Data to Merchant Center
- Step 3: Create Your Shopping Campaign
Step 1: Set up a Google Merchant Center Account
The first thing you’ll need if you want to leverage WooCommerce Google Shopping Integration is a Google Merchant Center Account. This is the platform that will enable you to have your products appear as Google Ads. Creating a Google Merchant Center Account is a breeze if you already have a Google Account. Follow these steps to set up your Google Merchant Center Account:
- Click here to get redirected to the Google Merchant Center Website and click on the Get Started button.
- Sign in with your Google Account and then enter the details associated with your business like Business Country, Timezone, and Business Name.
- After that, you can select the Shopping Ads option under the question about the programs that fit your objectives.
Step 2: Add your WooCommerce Product Data to Merchant Center
The next step in setting up WooCommerce Google Shopping Integration is to add your products to Google Merchant Center. For this purpose, you can use Google Listings & Ads which is a free WooCommerce Extension that allows you to connect your store with Google’s Merchant Platform in a seamless manner. Follow the steps given below to do so:
- Login to your WordPress account using the appropriate credentials.
- Navigate to the Dashboard section and click on the Plugins option.
- Search for the Google Listings & Ads extension and once found, click on the Add New button.
- Once the installation is complete, activate the extension which will redirect you to the Dashboard where you can get started with the setup process.
- Click on the Get Started button and a window will pop up asking you to grant permissions to WooCommerce. Click on the Allow Access option to grant the permission.
- In the Google Merchant Center Account section, select the account you want to link from the drop-down menu and click on the Continue button.
- Once you set up your accounts, you can select your target audience and the countries in which you want your ads to appear. Once you are done doing this, you can click on the Continue button to move to the next page.
- The final page of the setup process will ask you to review how your listing will appear and define Tax and Shipping settings. It also includes a helpful pre-publish checklist to ensure that everything displays properly.
Step 3: Create your Shopping Campaign
Once all your desired products are imported, you can create a Paid Text Ad Campaign to set up WooCommerce Google Shopping Integration. Follow the steps given below to do so:
- Login to your Google Merchant Center account using the appropriate credentials.
- Open the Pending Tasks and click on the Continue button and select the products that you want to display as ads.
- Now, set up the Tax and Shipping details along with other relevant information associated with the Product Ads for creating the WooCommerce Google Shopping Ads.
- Make a point of reviewing the guidelines and recommendations to ensure you don’t overlook anything important.
Once you follow all the above steps in the correct sequence, you will be able to build the WooCommerce Google Shopping Integration.
WooCommerce Google Shopping Integration is ideal for boosting Traffic and Sales for your E-commerce store. When someone searches for relevant keywords, your Google products will appear above the search results. In other words, this Integration expands the scope of Marketing opportunities for your WooCommerce store. This article provided a brief introduction to WooCommerce and also explained its salient features. Moreover, it discussed the steps using which you can easily build the WooCommerce Google Shopping Integration.
Integrating and analyzing your data from a diverse set of data sources such as WooCommerce can be challenging and this is where Hevo Data comes into the picture.Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Hevo Data provides its users with a simpler platform for integrating data from 100+ sources(including 40+ free sources) such as WooCommerce for Analysis. It is a No-code Data Pipeline that can help you combine data from multiple sources. You can use it to transfer data from multiple data sources into your Data Warehouse, Database, or a destination of your choice. It provides you with a consistent and reliable solution to managing data in real-time, ensuring that you always have Analysis-ready data in your desired destination.
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand. You can also have a look at our unbeatable pricing that will help you choose the right plan for your business needs!
Share your experience of setting up WooCommerce Google Shopping Integration. Tell us in the comments below!