Having an online business allows you to reach a wider audience. A study conducted by Statista showed that 2 billion people purchased goods or services online in 2020 and e-retail sales surpassed 4.2 trillion U.S. dollars worldwide. However, launching a new Online Store or adding an E-commerce website to your existing business can bring in a bunch of challenges along with it. To simplify the process of building and managing an Online Shop, you can use tools such as the WooCommerce plugin available for free on WordPress.
Using the WooCommerce plugin on the popular Website Creation Platform WordPress, you can get started with your E-commerce business in no time. To set up your payment process on your online shop, you can use the WooCommerce Stripe Webhook Integration. Stripe is a widely trusted payment processing service employed by both small and large scale enterprises that allow them to accept payments onsite via a collection of international payment methods. You can easily set up your WooCommerce Stripe Webhook Integration by installing and activating the free plugin developed by WooCommerce.
In this article, you will learn how to effectively set up your WooCommerce Stripe Webhook Integration and quickly get started with securely selling your goods and services online.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to WooCommerce
- Introduction to Stripe
- Steps to Configure & Test WooCommerce Stripe Webhooks Integration
Introduction to WooCommerce
WooCommerce is a highly flexible E-commerce tool available on WordPress. Launched in 2011, WooCommerce is a Free and Open-Source platform allowing you full control over your data. Owing to its user-friendly interface, with just a few clicks you can customize and launch your online store. The WooCommerce plugin is easy to install and configure as it provides you with clear instructions right from the beginning.
You can add more functionalities to your E-commerce store by applying the built-in tools and applications. Using these plugins you can automate your Sales Tax Calculation or set up a Secure Payment Gateway using the WooCommerce Stripe Webhook Integration. Keeping the core interests of developers at the center, WooCommerce allows you to integrate with various services via REST API. You can modify the plugin codes to meet client specifications and use React to build custom content blocks.
Comprehensive documentation for all your queries is regularly updated with every new release of WooCommerce. The elegant Dashboard and Reporting features provide an overview of the Sales and Growth of your business. You can remotely access your website from the WooCommerce Mobile App and customize your Online Store on the fly.
Introduction to Stripe
Stripe is an Online Payment Processing Solution that supports debit cards, credit cards, or any local payment method that the customer prefers. Founded in 2009, Stripe set out to streamline the Credit Card payment process for both the merchants and customers. Stripe has evolved over the years and accepts all major debit and credit cards with fast checkouts available via Apple Pay and Google Pay. Stripe has been successfully employed by various E-Commerce stores, subscriptions businesses, software platforms, and marketplaces.
Using Stripe, you can design and customize the checkout experience for users that is optimised for all devices. Both the seller and buyers get real-time information about charges, fees, refunds, and transfers. The intuitive Stripe Dashboard allows you to keep track of all the transactions via different payment methods globally.
Being a PCI-DSS Compliant Payment Processor, Stripe encrypts the user’s sensitive data during a transaction. Using the Stripe Radar Machine Learning system, you get transparent risk scores and real-time fraud insights. Continuous monitoring for any suspicious activity helps prevent fraudulent transactions. Applying 3D Secure authentication, Stripe adds an extra level of security for high-risk transactions where the user goes through an additional verification step before the payment.
Simplify Stripe & WooCommerce ETL and Analysis Using Hevo’s No-code Data Pipeline
Hevo Data is a No-code Data Pipeline that offers a fully managed solution to set up Data Integration for Stripe, WooCommerce, and 100+ Data Sources (Including 40+ Free Sources) and will let you directly load data from Stripe and WooCommerce to a Data Warehouse or the Destination of your choice for free. Hevo also supports a Native Webhooks Connector that can help integrate data from various non-native sources for free and automate your data flow in minutes without writing any code. Its fault-tolerant architecture makes sure that your data is secure and consistent. Hevo provides you with a truly efficient and fully automated solution to manage data in real-time and always have analysis-ready data.Get Started with Hevo for Free
Let’s look at some of the salient features of Hevo:
- Fully Managed: It requires no management and maintenance as Hevo is a fully automated platform.
- Data Transformation: It provides a simple interface to perfect, modify, and enrich the data you want to transfer.
- Real-Time: Hevo offers real-time data migration. So, your data is always ready for analysis.
- Schema Management: Hevo can automatically detect the schema of the incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Connectors: Hevo supports 100+ integrations to SaaS platforms (Including Free Sources like Stripe & WooCommerce), files, Databases, analytics, and BI tools. It supports various destinations including Google BigQuery, Amazon Redshift, Snowflake Data Warehouses; Amazon S3 Data Lakes; and MySQL, SQL Server, TokuDB, DynamoDB, PostgreSQL Databases to name a few.
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Hevo Is Built To Scale: As the number of sources and the volume of your data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Live Monitoring: Advanced monitoring gives you a one-stop view to watch all the activities that occur within pipelines.
- Live Support: Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
- An active Stripe Account.
- An active WordPress Account.
- WooCommerce Plugin installed in WordPress.
Steps to Configure & Test WooCommerce Stripe Webhooks Integration
Adding Stripe functionalities to your WooCommerce Online Store can be done by using the WooCommerce Stripe Payment Gateway plugin. In the WooCommerce Stripe Webhook Integration, Stripe uses Webhooks to exchange information with your E-Commerce website. This includes payment status and order updates associated with specific events described in the Stripe environment.
To install the WooCommerce Stripe Payment Gateway plugin, follow these simple steps:
- Step 1: On your WordPress website, Navigate to Plugins > Add New.
- Step 2: Type WooCommerce Stripe in the Search box and the WooCommerce Stripe Payment Gateway plugin authored by WooCommerce will pop up on your screen.
- Step 3: Click on the Install button and then select Activate.
For establishing a successful WooCommerce Stripe Webhook Integration, let’s understand the following 2 Critical Aspects:
- Configuring WooCommerce Stripe Webhook Integration
- Testing the WooCommerce Stripe Webhook Integration
1) Configuring WooCommerce Stripe Webhook Integration
To efficiently build the WooCommerce Stripe Webhook Integration, follow the steps given below.
- Step 1: On your WordPress site, navigate to WooCommerce > Settings > Payments. A list of Stripe Payment methods will be available such as Stripe Credit Card, Stripe SEPA Debit Card, etc. In this example, the Stripe Credit Card method is selected.
- Step 2: Select the Enable checkbox next to Stripe Credit Card and then click on the Manage option.
- Step 3: Configuration settings for the WooCommerce Stripe Webhook Integration will appear on your screen. Click on Enable Stripe checkbox to activate the Stripe payment.
- Step 4: Enter the Title and Description to specify the payment method for the user. Tick the Enable Test Mode checkbox.
- Step 5: In a new tab of your Web Browser, log in to your Stripe Dashboard.
- Step 6: In your Stripe Account, Navigate to Developer > API Keys. Ensure that the View Test Data option, available on the left side menu below Developer, is enabled. This configures your API Keys to Test keys when you are initially testing the WooCommerce Stripe Webhook Integration.
- Step 7: Copy the Test Publishable Keys and Secret Key from the Stripe Dashboard. Paste the API keys under the Webhook Endpoints section in the WordPress tab of your browser.
- Step 8: Copy the Webhook Endpoint URL from the WooCommerce Webhook Endpoints section. Go to your Stripe Dashboard and navigate to Developer>Webhook.
- Step 9: Select the Add Endpoint option present on the top right corner of the dashboard. Add a Webhook Endpoint dialog box will now pop up on your screen. Paste the Webhook Endpoint URL into the URL field.
- Step 10: Select the latest API version from the Version drop-down menu. Add the desired Stripe Events and click on the Add Endpoint button.
- Step 11: Copy the Webhook Signing Secret and paste it in the Test Webhook Secret field in WooCommerce plugin settings.
- Step 12: Now, a list of options will be available in the plugin settings to design the user experience during the payment process. This includes choosing Payment Request Button Type, theme, height, label format, etc. For a detailed description of these fields, you can visit the WooCommerce Website.
- Step 13: After selecting the required options, click on the Save Changes button to complete the test mode of the WooCommerce Stripe Webhook Integration.
2) Testing the WooCommerce Stripe Webhook Integration
You can test the WooCommerce Stripe Webhook Integration by following easy these steps given below:
- Step 1: Go to your E-Commerce Website. Select a product and proceed to the checkout page.
- Step 2: On the right side of the checkout page, Credit Card(Stripe) will be displayed as the title of the payment mode. Below that TEST MODE ENABLED is written, ensuring that this is a test transaction.
- Step 3: Fill in the necessary details and the Test Credit Card Number provided by Stripe. Place the order. Upon successful transaction, a receipt is generated for confirmation. You can also confirm the purchase by navigating to WooCommerce > Orders.
- Step 4: After the test, now you can disable the test mode from the plugin settings and copy the Live Keys from Stripe Dashboard. Ensure to Toggle Off the View Test Data to convert the Test Keys to Live Keys.
This completes your WooCommerce Stripe Webhook Integration and now you can start accepting payments from customers effortlessly using Stripe.
In this article, you have learned how to effectively set up WooCommerce Stripe Webhook Integration. WooCommerce delivers a vast collection of customization options to design and create an E-commerce platform for your products and services. Its user-friendly interface doesn’t require expert-level developer knowledge to launch an online store. WooCommerce comes with a plethora of personalised themes and plugins to add more functionalities. The WooCommerce Stripe Webhook Integration is one such brilliant solution that allows users to directly configure the payment process on your WooCommerce Website using Stripe. Stripe safely handles your transactions via all major payment methods.
As you seamlessly complete your WooCommerce Stripe Webhook Integration and begin selling your goods and services, massive amounts of data will start generating at an exponential rate. As your customer base rises, handling the data associated with your customers and orders across all the applications in your business becomes a cumbersome task. You would require to invest a section of your engineering bandwidth to Integrate, Clean, Transform and Load your data into your Data Warehouse for further business analysis. All of this can be comfortably solved by a Cloud-Based ETL tool like Hevo Data.Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Hevo Data, a No-Code Data Pipeline can accurately transfer your data from a collection of sources like Stripe and WooCommerce into your Data Warehouse or a destination of your choice for free. It is a reliable, efficient, fully automated, and secure service that doesn’t require you to write any code!
If you are using Stripe as a Payment Processing Solution for your business and searching for a stress-free alternative to Manual Data Integration, then Hevo can effortlessly automate this for you. Hevo with its strong integration with 100+ sources & BI tools (Including 40+ Free Sources like Stripe and WooCommerce ), allows you to not only export & load Data but also transform & enrich your Data & make it analysis-ready.
Share with us your experience of setting up the WooCommerce Stripe Webhook Integration. Let us know in the comments section below!