If you own a WooCommerce store and want to give your customers the best payment experience, Venmo payment services might be the way to go. You can seamlessly integrate Venmo with your WooCommece store and streamline the payment process for every order you get on your WooCommerce Store.
WooCommerce is an Open-Source WordPress plugin that allows businesses to easily create an online marketplace where they can sell their products. It offers a lot of customizability and can handle all of the basic requirements of an E-Commerce website. Venmo, on the other hand, is a P2P (Peer-to-Peer) payment gateway that enables individuals to exchange money quickly and easily.
This article will guide you through the process of setting up WooCommerce Venmo Integration using 2 simple steps. It will provide you with a brief overview of WooCommerce and Venmo along with their key features. You will also explore the benefits of setting up WooCommerce Venmo Integration in further sections. Let’s get started.
Table of Contents
You will have a much easier time setting up your WooCommerce Venmo Integration if you have gone through the following prerequisites:
- An active WordPress account with WooCommerce installed.
- An active Venmo account.
Introduction to WooCommerce
WooCommerce is a popular WordPress E-Commerce plugin that allows users to create an online store by integrating E-Commerce functionalities into their WordPress website. It is a Free and Open Source platform that allows complete control over your data. You can easily build, tweak, and launch your online store using its user-friendly interface. It simplifies the development and operation of an online store by providing enough flexibility and several key features.
WooCommerce customers can make use of WordPress’ SEO (Search Engine Optimization) functionalities to rank high in search results without having to put in a lot of effort. Over 90% of WordPress-based E-Commerce sites make use of the WooCommerce plugin. WooCommerce themes can also be purchased from several template vendors and platforms. Furthermore, the user-friendly Dashboard and Reporting features provide you with a complete picture of your organization’s sales and growth.
Key Features of WooCommerce
Some of the key features of WooCommerce include:
- SEO Friendly: Excellent SEO is required for an online business to be successful. Since WooCommerce is a WordPress plugin, it comes with excellent SEO capabilities and therefore adds value to your website.
- Customizable: Since WooCommerce is an open-source platform, you can customize it to your likings. You can add an endless number of users as well as accept an unlimited number of orders because you have complete control over the platform.
- Data Control: The proper functioning of an E-commerce website requires knowledge about customer history, transactions, as well as store performance. As a result, WooCommerce gives you complete control over your data at all times.
- Dynamic Pricing: WooCommerce simplifies the process of determining tax rates and delivery expenses for customers based on their region. As a result, customers can take advantage of Dynamic Pricing.
To know more about WooCommerce, visit this link.
Introduction to Venmo
Venmo is a P2P (Peer-to-Peer) Digital Payment Service that allows people to send and receive money instantly. It was initially launched as a text-messaging-based payment system in 2009. Thereafter, in March 2012, Venmo launched a platform with an integrated social network in an attempt to capitalize on the growing P2P economy. This platform is currently accepted by over 40 million online and brick-and-mortar merchants in the United States.
Venmo is a free-to-use payment platform that generates revenue from transaction fees. Furthermore, the majority of transactions made through the Venmo platform are free of charge, making it popular among millennials. Using the Venmo balance, a Debit Card, or a Checking Account linked to Venmo, are some of the ways to make money transactions on this platform for free. Thus, Venmo has dominated the P2P payment business to a great extent.
Key Features of Venmo
Some of the key features of Venmo include:
- Ease-of-Use: Venmo’s popularity is largely due to its ease of use. It only takes a few minutes to download and start sending and receiving money. It also makes splitting expenses much easier by providing an on-screen calculator while making transactions.
- Venmo Transaction Charges: Venmo does not charge any monthly or annual fees. Money transactions from a Bank Account, Debit Card, or your Venmo balance are also free. However, it charges a 3% fee for Credit Card transactions.
- Security: Venmo safeguards its customers from unauthorized transactions with modern Data Encryption technology and stores user information on secure servers. Customers can also utilize the mobile payment service to log out of lost or stolen phones and set up PIN codes for mobile apps.
- Social Media Features: Venmo offers various Social Media Features such as likes, comments, and messages attached to each payment. It also offers a feed of payments involving users you are connected with.
To know more about Venmo, visit this link.
Hevo Data helps you directly transfer data from WooCommerce, Venmo, and 100+ other data sources (including 40+ free sources) to Business Intelligence tools, Data Warehouses, or a destination of your choice in a completely hassle-free & automated manner. Hevo is fully managed and completely automates the process of not only loading data from your desired source but also enriching the data and transforming it into an analysis-ready form without having to write a single line of code. Its fault-tolerant architecture ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
Hevo takes care of all your data preprocessing needs required to set up the integration and lets you focus on key business activities and draw a much powerful insight on how to generate more leads, retain customers, and take your business to new heights of profitability. It provides a consistent & reliable solution to manage data in real-time and always have analysis-ready data in your desired destination.
Get Started with Hevo for Free
Check out what makes Hevo amazing:
Sign up here for a 14-Day Free Trial!
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Minimal Learning: Hevo, with its simple and interactive UI, is extremely simple for new customers to work on and perform operations.
- Hevo Is Built To Scale: As the number of sources and the volume of your data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Incremental Data Load: Hevo allows the transfer of data that has been modified in real-time. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, E-Mail, and support calls.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow and check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Steps to Set Up WooCommerce Venmo Integration
Now that you have a basic grasp of both tools let’s try to understand the procedure to set up WooCommerce Venmo Integration. You can easily set up this integration using the “Checkout with Venmo”. It is a WordPress plugin that allows your customers to pay you via Venmo.
Below are the steps you can follow to set up WooCommerce Venmo Integration:
Step 1: Log In to WordPress and Install the Plugin
The first step in setting up your WooCommerce Venmo Integration is to log in to your WordPress account. Now, you can follow the below-mentioned procedures to install the “Checkout with Venmo” plugin:
- From the left sidebar menu of your WordPress dashboard, select Plugins, then click on Add New, as shown below.
- Select Upload Plugin.
- Click on Choose File and then select the Checkout with Venmo.zip file that you have downloaded.
Note: In case you have not downloaded the Checkout with Venmo.zip file, you can download it using the given link. (https://wordpress.org/plugins/momo-venmo/)
- To begin the installation process, click the Install Now button, then click the Activate button to complete the installation.
Step 2: Configure your Payment Settings
After you have successfully installed the plugin, you can follow the below-mentioned procedures to configure your payment settings.
- To access Venmo settings, select Venmo from the left sidebar menu of your WordPress dashboard. After this, a new window will pop up for the Venmo settings as shown below.
- Navigate to the Payments tab. Here, you can configure your payment settings like Enable/Disable Venmo, Checkout Title, Receiver Venmo Number, Receiver Venmo Account, and many others.
- After you have successfully configured your payment settings, click on Save changes.
With this, you have successfully set up your WooCommerce Venmo Integration. It’s as simple as that!
Benefits of Setting up WooCommerce Venmo Integration
Some of the benefits of setting up WooCommerce Venmo Integration include:
- With WooCommerce Venmo Integration, your customers won’t have to re-enter payment information that’s already in their Venmo account. According to a survey, it was observed that in 2018, 30% of shoppers in the United States abandoned their carts because they had to re-enter payment information. Thus, integrating WooCommerce and Venmo boosts conversion by lowering Cart Abandonment.
- WooCommerce Venmo Integration will not only give your online store a great payment option for its customers, but it will also give your organization valuable exposure. Users can choose to share their Venmo purchases in their Social Feeds while making purchases.
- WooCommerce Venmo Integration can help you to connect with a highly engaged audience. This mobile payment app is the most popular among millennials, and the most active users use it 2 to 3 times a week on average.
In this article, you learned how to set up WooCommerce Venmo Integration. It also gave an overview of WooCommerce and Venmo along with their key features. You also learned about the benefits of setting up WooCommerce Venmo Integration. You can now create your WooCommerce Venmo Integration to leverage the benefit of both these platforms in one place.
Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Businesses can use automated platforms like Hevo Data to set the integration and handle the ETL process. It helps you directly transfer data from WooCommerce, Venmo, Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence tools, or any other desired destination in a fully automated and secure manner without having to write any code and will provide you with a hassle-free experience.
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand. You can also have a look at the unbeatable pricing that will help you choose the right plan for your business needs.
Share your experience of setting up WooCommerce Venmo Integration in the comments section below!