Setup WooCommerce WordPress Online Store: Easy Steps
WooCommerce is a plugin for WordPress that allows you to sell your things online. WordPress is a website builder that lets you create a professional-looking website.
Table of Contents
In this article, we’ll show you how to set up a WooCommerce WordPress online store in seven easy steps.
Table of Contents
- What is WordPress?
- What is WooCommerce?
- Steps to Setup Your Online Store
What is WordPress?
WordPress, released in 2003, is a Web Publishing software for creating interactive eCommerce and blog websites. The software powers over 36.9% of the entire web, making it to become one of the most popular Web Publishing platforms ever created. People use it for developing websites — from hobby blogs to multi-functional eCommerce websites. With WordPress, users can build, manage, and design full-featured websites using just a web browser without learning how to code.
What is WooCommerce?
WooCommerce is a popular eCommerce plugin that allows users to remodel their casual WordPress websites into full-fledged, multi-functional eCommerce websites. WooCommerce is suitable for both big and small businesses and is free to use. It is easy to customize and it’s compatible with the top WordPress themes and plugins.
Steps to Setup Your Online Store
How to Find a Host?
You must first choose a host before learning how to construct an online store using the WooCommerce WordPress integration.
Bluehost is one of the most well-known WordPress hosting companies on the internet. Bluehost or Dreamhost, for example, are explicitly recommended by WordPress. We provide a simple, step-by-step WordPress setup, as well as a free domain name for the first year and 24/7 customer assistance.
Now, it’s time to set up WordPress as your website building platform once you’ve picked a host. Automatic WordPress installation is available from Bluehost. Simply sign in to your Bluehost account and select login to WordPress from the My Sites menu. Then, to begin building, select Create Site.
If you’re using a different web host, you may need to manually install WordPress. Because each website server has a slightly different setup, we recommend contacting your host’s customer care for further information on installing WordPress.
Now, let’s continue and learn how to set up WooCommerce.
The first step is to install the WooCommerce plugin, which will allow you to start publishing products and taking payments from customers.
Here’s the process to get WooCommerce up and running:
- Go to your WordPress dashboard and log in.
- The Plugins tab should be selected.
- The WordPress Plugin Directory will appear. Select WooCommerce from the drop-down menu.
- WooCommerce is going to be installed. Click Activate after it’s finished installing.
- WooCommerce will then appear in your active plugins list. You’ve set up WooCommerce.
You’ll have access to all of WooCommerce’s features once you’ve installed and enabled the plugin. Now you can:
- Create pages for your website
- Make a product list.
- Create payment options.
Streamline WooCommerce ETL with Hevo’s No-code Data Pipeline
Hevo Data is a No-code Data Pipeline that helps you directly transfer data from WooCommerce, and 100+ Data Sources (including 40+ Free Sources) to Business Intelligence tools, Data Warehouses, or a destination of your choice in a completely hassle-free & automated manner. Hevo’s fault-tolerant architecture ensures that the data is handled in a secured and consistent manner with zero data loss.Get Started with Hevo for free
Check out some of the cool features of Hevo:
- Real-Time Data Transfer: Hevo with its strong Integration with 100+ Sources such as WooCommerce (including 40+ Free Sources), allows you to transfer data quickly & efficiently. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Data Transformation: It provides a simple interface to perfect, modify, and enrich the data you want to transfer.
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Tremendous Connector Availability: Hevo houses a large variety of connectors and lets you bring in data from numerous Databases, Marketing & SaaS applications, etc. such as WooCommerce, Marketo, MongoDB, Oracle, Salesforce, etc. in an integrated and analysis-ready form.
- Simplicity: Using Hevo is easy and intuitive, ensuring that your data is exported in just a few clicks.
- Completely Managed Platform: Hevo is fully managed. You need not invest time and effort to maintain or monitor the infrastructure involved in executing codes.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
Select a website theme
Choosing a theme or template for your online WooCommerce WordPress store is a smart starting step. Customize the color palette and layout of your page to give visitors a quick sense of what your company is all about.
Using WooCommerce, selecting and customizing a theme that fits your business is pretty simple. Storefront is the default WooCommerce theme, which you can get for free from the WordPress Theme Directory.
Add products to your WooCommerce WordPress store online
After you’ve installed WooCommerce and selected a template in your WordPress dashboard, you can begin creating the pages that will make up your website.
Your WooCommerce WordPress online store’s landing pages will be crucial. When people find your website through an organic Google search, they will “land” on these pages.
Landing pages can be used to:
- To highlight top products should be highlighted.
- To optimize for keywords that are relevant.
- To encourage newcomers to discover more about your establishment.
Product Listings and Product Pages
Product pages are one of the most crucial components of any eCommerce site. These are the pages where you may show off and list your products.
WooCommerce offers simple product page templates that you can personalize with features like:
- Image of the product
- Description of the product
When you’re happy with your product page template, go to the Products dashboard and add all of your products. This dashboard allows you to do the following:
- Filter by product category and tags that you can customize.
- Fill in the inventory and shipping details.
- Connect specific items.
This dashboard makes it simple to manage your products. When you have a new product, simply add it to your list, and it will display on your website right away.
You won’t have to make complicated adjustments to a webpage to make changes to a specific product; simply edit the settings in your dashboard.
Create a successful sales funnel to make your website better, use extensions
When you first open an online store, you should concentrate on developing a business plan that emphasizes the use of a successful sales funnel. You’ll be able to direct people through your website from the homepage to the checkout in this manner.
- To reach your target audience and boost your incoming organic traffic, use SEO (search engine optimization), keyword research, and social media marketing.
- To build an email list of leads, use opt-ins.
- Use automated email marketing to reach out to potential clients at important stages of the buying process.
- To encourage brand loyalty, follow up with customers.
WooCommerce has a lot of extension choices that can help you customize your online business even further.
Here are a few outstanding WooCommerce extensions to get you started.
- Increase the number of payment options available to you. Payments make it simple to accept a variety of payment methods at checkout, such as credit cards, PayPal, and Stripe.
- Create product kits to increase the average order value. You may create unique product sets with the COmposite Products extension to entice your clients to spend a bit more each time they visit your website.
- Allow consumers to make reservations and appointments. Customers can book appointments or make reservations using the WooCommerce Bookings extension.
We hope you found our guide to starting an online store to be useful. Starting a new WooCommerce WordPress store might be difficult, which is why we’re here to help you get it done quickly and easily.
This article provided brief steps to set up WooCommerce WordPress integration for an eCommerce website. But, integrating and analyzing your data from a diverse set of data sources such as the WooCommerce WordPress website can be challenging — that’s where Hevo Data comes into the picture!Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Hevo Data with its strong integration with 100+ Sources & BI tools, allows data migration from a source like WooCommerce to destinations like BI tools and data warehouses. Moreover, Hevo also transforms & enriches your data, making it analysis-ready so that you can focus only on your key business needs and perform insightful analysis for better return on investments.
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand. Also, have a look at our unbeatable pricing that will help you choose the right plan for your business needs!