Today, Accounting is an important aspect of every business. Having adequate Accounting expertise might help you minimize the risk of making poor Financial decisions. To streamline the Accounting and Financial analysis process for an E-Commerce site, you may use the WooCommerce Xero Integration.
WooCommerce is a market leader that aims at setting up online stores with ease. It is one of the most popular E-Commerce store builders that work on WordPress. Xero, on the other hand, is cloud-based Accounting software that is widely used by small and mid-sized businesses. It facilitates real-time currency conversions and provides Financial analytics for businesses. As a result, WooCommerce Xero Integration can be highly beneficial.
This article will guide you through the process of setting up WooCommerce Xero Integration using 3 simple steps. It will provide you with a brief overview of WooCommerce and Xero with their key features. You will also explore the benefits of setting up WooCommerce Xero Integration in further sections. Let’s get started.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to WooCommerce
- Introduction to Xero
- Steps to Set Up WooCommerce Xero Integration
- Benefits of Setting Up WooCommerce Xero Integration
You will have a much easier time setting up your WooCommerce Xero Integration if you have gone through the following prerequisites:
- An active WooCommerce account.
- An active Xero account.
- An active WordPress account.
Introduction to WooCommerce
WooCommerce is a free and open-source WordPress plugin that includes features such as Product Analytics, Checkout, Add to Cart, and more. Its user-friendly interface allows you to create and customize your online store in a matter of seconds. More than 90% of WordPress-based E-Commerce websites make use of the WooCommerce plugin. Additionally, WooCommerce themes can also be purchased from a variety of template vendors and marketplaces.
WooCommerce Analytics is a new data analytics and reporting tool provided by WooCommerce. It has added new reports, segmenting tools, complex filtering, and the ability to download data as CSV (Comma Separated Value) as well as a Dashboard that can be customized to track all of a website’s essential KPIs (Key Performance Indicators). The attractive Dashboard and Reporting features provide you with a clear picture of your business’s sales and growth.
Furthermore, WooCommerce’s comprehensive documentation for all of your queries is updated with each new release. You can also use the WooCommerce mobile app to remotely access and customize your online store from anywhere.
Key Features of WooCommerce
WooCommerce has made it easier for any business to sell items and services online. Let’s explore some of the key features of WooCommerce:
- SEO Friendly: A successful online business requires excellent SEO (Search Engine Optimization). Since WooCommerce is a WordPress plugin, it comes with outstanding SEO features and provides value to your website by default.
- Easy Integration: To efficiently execute your Marketing Campaigns, WooCommerce can easily integrate with major advertising agencies and data analysis tools.
- Security: To ensure best-in-class data security, the WooCommerce development team collaborates closely with security professionals.
- Dynamic Pricing: Based on the customer’s location, WooCommerce automates the process of determining tax rates and delivery charges. This feature enables dynamic pricing for its customers.
To know more about WooCommerce, visit this link.
Introduction to Xero
Xero is easy-to-use Cloud-based Accounting software for small and growing enterprises. It offers a variety of tools and finance solutions, including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Cash Flow Management, Bank Reconciliation, Financial Reporting, Payment Processing, Payroll, and more. It is a popular choice for over 2 million customers, with over 800 add-on apps and features including powerful, easy-to-use Accounting tools and unrestricted user access.
Xero can be easily integrated with a variety of business platforms, including WooCommerce, Shopify, and others. You can track transactions and get a better understanding of your cash flow by integrating your bank account with Xero. Furthermore, Xero also offers a mobile app that allows customers to access real-time data and keep their accounts updated. WooCommerce Xero Integration is a one-of-a-kind solution to efficiently manage your financial data.
Key Features of Xero
Xero is one of the popular Cloud-based Accounting software designed specifically for medium and small businesses. Let’s explore some of the key features of Xero:
- Ease of Use: It’s very simple to connect your business bank account, add a customer, and create your first invoice. A customizable dashboard is also provided by Xero, which is a time saver.
- Reporting: Customers can keep track of their business’s finances and generate accurate Accounting reports with Xero’s reporting tools. It also enables them to collaborate in real-time with other members and Advisors.
- Multi-currency Accounting: You can pay and get paid in over 60 different currencies using Xero. Furthermore, you may view reports in foreign or local currencies in Xero, and analyze how currency markets affect the cash flow.
- Unlimited Users: You can add an unlimited number of users to your account at each membership level. Each new user can be assigned permission levels by the account owner when they are being added.
To know more about Xero, visit this link.
Simplify Data Analysis Using Hevo’s No-code Data Pipeline
Hevo Data helps you directly transfer data from WooCommerce, Xero (For Free), and 100+ other data sources (including 40+ free sources) to Business Intelligence tools, Data Warehouses, or a destination of your choice in a completely hassle-free & automated manner. Hevo is fully managed and completely automates the process of not only loading data from your desired source but also enriching the data and transforming it into an analysis-ready form without having to write a single line of code. Its fault-tolerant architecture ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
Hevo takes care of all your data preprocessing needs required to set up the integration and lets you focus on key business activities and draw a much powerful insight on how to generate more leads, retain customers, and take your business to new heights of profitability. It provides a consistent & reliable solution to manage data in real-time and always have analysis-ready data in your desired destination.Get Started with Hevo for Free
Check out what makes Hevo amazing:
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Minimal Learning: Hevo, with its simple and interactive UI, is extremely simple for new customers to work on and perform operations.
- Hevo Is Built To Scale: As the number of sources and the volume of your data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Incremental Data Load: Hevo allows the transfer of data that has been modified in real-time. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, E-Mail, and support calls.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow and check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Steps to Set Up WooCommerce Xero Integration
Now that you have a basic grasp of both technologies let’s try to understand the procedure to set up WooCommerce Xero Integration. You can easily set up this integration using the “Xero for WooCommerce” plugin. This plugin connects your WooCommerce store to Xero, thus simplifying all of your Accounting needs.
- Step 1: Log In to WooCommerce and Activate the “Xero for WooCommerce” Plugin
- Step 2: Log In to your Xero Account and Create a Private Xero Application in the Xero Portal
- Step 3: Connect Xero Application to WooCommerce
Step 1: Log In to WooCommerce and Activate the “Xero for WooCommerce” Plugin
The first step in setting up your WooCommerce Xero Integration is to log in to your WooCommerce account. Now, you can follow the below-mentioned procedures to install the “Xero for WooCommerce” plugin:
- From the sidebar menu of your WordPress account, select Plugins, and then click on Add New as shown below.
- Select Upload Plugin.
- Click on Choose File and then select the Xero for WooCommerce.zip file.
NOTE: In case you have not downloaded the Xero for WooCommerce.zip file, you can download it using the following link (https://woocommerce.com/products/xero/).
- Select Install Now and then Activate the extension.
Step 2: Log In to your Xero Account and Create a Private Xero Application in the Xero Portal
After you have successfully activated the “Xero for WooCommerce” plugin, you can log in to your Xero account and follow the below-mentioned procedures to create a private Xero application in the Xero portal:
- Click the New app button in the Xero Developer portal section as shown below.
- Now you will be navigated to a screen where you will need to fill in the details of your Xero app as shown below.
The form will contain the below-mentioned fields:
- App name: This is your application’s name.
- OAuth 2.0 grant type: Set this to Web App.
- Company or application URL: Enter the URL (Uniform Resource Locator) of your main page or the shop.
- OAuth 2.0 redirect URI: This URI (Uniform Resource Identifier) can be found in the WooCommerce Xero Settings section of the wp-admin panel as shown below.
NOTE: If you are performing a fresh installation, your settings will appear like the one shown above.
- Click on Create app. You will be redirected to a page as shown below.
You have successfully created your Xero application. Keep this page open as you’ll need it for the next step.
Step 3: Connect Xero Application to WooCommerce
Once you have created the Xero application, you can follow the below-mentioned procedures to connect the Xero Application to your WooCommerce account.
- Copy the Client id, then navigate to the WooCommerce Xero admin settings page and paste the copied Client id.
- Next, go back to your Xero app and click on Generate a secret. Copy the generated secret and then paste it into the Client Secret field.
- Return to your Xero account and click Save. Likewise, go to the WooCommerce Xero Admin Panel and then click Save.
The Sign in with Xero button should now be visible and active as shown below.
- You’ll be redirected to the login.xero.com site after clicking the button. Then, you’ll be prompted to authorize access to your application as shown below.
- Next, the scope of required permissions will be displayed on the screen. Then, click Connect as shown below.
- After that, you’ll be redirected to the WooCommerce Xero page, which will confirm the connection’s status as shown below.
With this, you have successfully set up your WooCommerce Xero Integration. It’s as simple as that.
Benefits of Setting Up WooCommerce Xero Integration
Some of the benefits of setting up WooCommerce Xero Integration include:
- WooCommerce Xero Integration can help you save time and money by automating your Accounting tasks. You can easily keep track of payments, send invoices, keep an eye on your inventory, perform bank reconciliations, and more.
- WooCommerce Xero Integration keeps both platforms up to date with your inventory counts. This feature is very useful for people who have tremendous volumes of inventory or run many websites at a time.
- WooCommerce Xero Integration allows you to set triggers that will automatically handle the processing of your invoices and orders. When an order is placed, WooCommerce is “triggered” to create an invoice depending on the information provided.
- WooCommerce Xero Integration eliminates the need for manual data entry. It also lowers the chance of data entry errors and increases the accuracy of your data.
In this article, you learned how to set up WooCommerce Xero Integration. It also gave an overview of WooCommerce and Xero with their key features. You also learned about the benefits of setting up this integration. You can now create your WooCommerce Xero Integration to leverage the benefit of both these platforms in one place.Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Businesses can use automated platforms like Hevo Data to set the integration and handle the ETL process. It helps you directly transfer data from WooCommerce, Xero (For Free), Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence tools, or any other desired destination in a fully automated and secure manner without having to write any code and will provide you with a hassle-free experience.
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand. You can also have a look at the unbeatable pricing that will help you choose the right plan for your business needs.
Share your experience of setting up WooCommerce Xero Integration in the comments section below!